PDA

View Full Version : Batman Group! WANTED: VILLAINS

SaccharineDream
05-03-2006, 07:27 PM
So as the title says, my friends and I are getting together a group of villains from Batman! So far Harley Quinn, Penguin, Poison Ivy, and Riddler are taken.
We really need a Joker! Since he and Harley are so... close... he should be willing to do appropriate poses and all that.
We'll also welcome some "good guys" but I can't guarantee your safety ;)
So if anybody would like to join our group, just send me a text or email and I'll get back to ya. Here's some eye candy:

http://heroicimages.net/toons/Resources/Images/Batman_BTAS/btas_joker.jpghttp://heroicimages.net/toons/Resources/Images/Batman_BTAS/btas_harleyquinn.jpghttp://heroicimages.net/toons/Resources/Images/Batman_BTAS/btas_scarecrow.jpghttp://heroicimages.net/toons/Resources/Images/Batman_BTAS/btas_poisonivy.jpghttp://heroicimages.net/toons/Resources/Images/Batman_BTAS/btas_riddler.jpg
http://heroicimages.net/toons/Resources/Images/Batman_BTAS/btas_catwoman.jpghttp://heroicimages.net/toons/Resources/Images/Batman_BTAS/btas_penguin.jpghttp://heroicimages.net/toons/Resources/Images/Batman_BTAS/btas_bane.jpghttp://heroicimages.net/toons/Resources/Images/Batman_BTAS/btas_mrfreeze.jpg

Darth Takeo
05-03-2006, 07:50 PM
We have 2 Batmans scheduled for Dragon*Con within the Team. One of them is a custom-esque Batman costume, the other is a more traditional movie style.

I've debated doing Joker but it's never materialized... What day or days did you plan to do the Batman group, or is it way too early to call?

SaccharineDream
05-03-2006, 08:04 PM
Its way too early to call as of yet. But probably whatever day is the most convenient for everybody. Maybe your dark knight would like to hang out with us, hmm? btw, I've only been to Momocon, so I was wondering if people often wear their fav costume for more than one day? I may do that with Ivy.

Darth Takeo
05-03-2006, 08:48 PM
Yeah I am sure peeps wear their costumes more than a day...

Us guys on the other hand... Seems like we change every hour..
:rofl:

SaccharineDream
05-03-2006, 09:28 PM
seriously? dang you must have so many costumes... plus all that time to change! I'm guessing you're renting at the venue then? haha our groups should party
oh i checked out the team takeo site, you guys have great pics from last year's D*C. really shows me what to expect this year.

Darth Takeo
05-03-2006, 09:44 PM
seriously? dang you must have so many costumes... plus all that time to change! I'm guessing you're renting at the venue then? haha our groups should party
oh i checked out the team takeo site, you guys have great pics from last year's D*C. really shows me what to expect this year.
I may have exaggerated a bit... :D We tend to do 1-2 costumes per day... There have been times if we feel a particular costume group isn't very "over" with the people or if we're not feeling it, we'll change...

We do have our room for reserved at the Marriott already.

Glad you enjoyed the pics on our site... Keep in mind that's only a small sample of what's in store...

TheWickedOne
05-04-2006, 07:10 AM
i think i could swing a little scarecrow action, he is my favorite villian and it is my nickname. if i do though, it'll definitely be a comic version, while i like the cartoon version, it's a little too cartoon, ya know? and the batman begins version isn't developed enough, still in his shirt and tie. my friend will be in his batman costume, and his is an animated series version... i'll see what i can do to work it out.

SaccharineDream
05-04-2006, 05:24 PM
Oh yeah non-animated is perfectly fine! The pics from the cartoon are just so simple and clear, so thats why I posted em :) I mean, our Penguin isn't going to be some hunched old fat man anyway. It'll be a much cooler version ;)

(Speaking of the Scarecrow, have you read any of Matthew Reiley's books? The main character's call name is Scarecrow, and he kicks majorly. Check them out if you like action.)

TheWickedOne
05-05-2006, 07:46 AM
Oh yeah non-animated is perfectly fine! The pics from the cartoon are just so simple and clear, so thats why I posted em :) I mean, our Penguin isn't going to be some hunched old fat man anyway. It'll be a much cooler version ;)

(Speaking of the Scarecrow, have you read any of Matthew Reiley's books? The main character's call name is Scarecrow, and he kicks majorly. Check them out if you like action.)

well i actually spell it 'skarecrow' mostly because one of my best friends in highschool accidentally spelled it wrong and it just kinda stayed that way afterward. (the joke was on me being very tall, but very thin) he's always been a fav character of mine though, very macabre and sinister, playing off the fears of others...

i'll see what i can do though, it's going to be a very tight year for me, i got into a little trouble with the law, and i've got fines to pay and bail money to pay back... i'll keep you posted on the go or no go of my DC venture this year

Darth Takeo
05-05-2006, 10:18 AM
i got into a little trouble with the law, and i've got fines to pay and bail money to pay back...
..at least they didn't send you to Arkham!
:D

SaccharineDream
05-05-2006, 03:02 PM
wow we are so geeky! but seriously, tough luck skarecrow

Darkkyo
05-06-2006, 12:34 AM
Well i did a Bane outfit for last years DC and i liked it alittle but no one was feelin it so i kind of bagged it. If i think of doin it since it's a real simple outfit and most of it i bring on trips anyway i would have to do a different mask like a real wrestlers mask and not the 2nd cartoon version of Bane. Who knows.

BloodRegime
05-08-2006, 06:49 PM
..at least they didn't send you to Arkham!
Whats up?? ive been to Arkham and its not very nice. i used to work there you know. (im cosplaying Harley Quinn if you couldnt guess) ^_^

QueenAleta
06-24-2006, 12:35 AM
I have the Julie Newmar & Stan Lee catwoman costumes. No mask to deal with on either of those.

SaccharineDream
06-24-2006, 08:38 AM
Awesome! Catwoman kicks. How could we have a villains group and no Catwoman? Well I love the Julie Newmar version. I forgot what the Stan Lee version looks like, but I saw your costume and it looks really good. You're welcome to be in our group!

QueenAleta
06-24-2006, 10:40 AM
cool

quiksilvababe
06-24-2006, 09:43 PM
dammit im pissed poison ivy is taken >.<!

ramesese
06-29-2006, 12:27 PM
Well, I thought about going as begins the suit is 90% complete, but I may change my mind about it being that there are probably going to be more Batmen as I thought. The costume itself is sculpted from scratch,. But hey I might just stand out who knows. I have a sculpted Harley mask I made I'll be uploading that pic tonite or tomorrow. If someone has some ideas I can make and sculpt masks but I just don't have any idea who would where them. You can view my gallery here www.gotham-enterprise.com

ramesese
06-29-2006, 12:32 PM
Don't mean to double-post. However this post peeked my curiosity, in the works I'm working on a Nightwing, and Batgirl Begins. Nightwing will be similar to Begins but the chest sculpt will be modified a bit and of course his signature bird, batgirl will be almost a complete mock-up of Begins except she will be in female form, her costume is 50% complete, the legs and mask are sculpted. Both works-in-progress will be uploaded tonite or the morrow.

SaccharineDream
06-29-2006, 01:34 PM
Thats amazing! @.@ I can't believe you can do all of that! Even if there were a lot of other Batmen there, I would still think your Batman is really cool ^^ Well anyway, my sister is going as Harley and she hasn't done her mask yet. Would you let her wear it? I can't wait to see your completed Nightwing and Batgirl. Make sure to post here when you finish them!

ramesese
06-30-2006, 03:16 PM
Thanks. I will have to think about letting her wear the Harley mask, being that I sell them. The work-in-progress pics are now available for view here:
www.gotham-enterprise.com and I will upload the images here as well.

ramesese
07-02-2006, 03:29 PM
I recently finished the Harley-Quinn Mask. You can view it here: www.gotham-enterprise.com/gallery.html/ I will also submit the pics here very soon.

SaccharineDream
07-03-2006, 12:21 AM
Thats really cool! But I understand about that, I think she needs to make the whole damn thing herself as punishment for putting it off for so long, lol.

Dr.Noe
07-04-2006, 01:30 AM
I am willing to offer my services as Joker. Although for a good portion of the weekend I will be with my Cobra bretheren (probably Saturday forward) but if you need/want me I will definately bring it (especially since I just upgraded). Also, I will have my Killing Joke Joker available if desired.
Just let me know. Sacch, PM me for pix if you so desire.

ramesese
07-04-2006, 12:36 PM
The killing joke Joker and the Alex Ross version of the Joker are to me the best renditions of the Joker in which I think should be adapted in the sequel to Begins.
I would love to see your rendition of the Killing Joke version of the Joker. I think that would be cool. Happy costuming.

ramesese
07-04-2006, 12:51 PM
Thats amazing! @.@ I can't believe you can do all of that! Even if there were a lot of other Batmen there, I would still think your Batman is really cool ^^ Well anyway, my sister is going as Harley and she hasn't done her mask yet. Would you let her wear it? I can't wait to see your completed Nightwing and Batgirl. Make sure to post here when you finish them!

As a matter-of-fact I do have a couple more copies of the Harley Mask left so your sister can wear it, but she would have to rent it for the day for security reasons. Just leave me an email approval@gotham-enterprise.com

RobTheStampede
07-08-2006, 04:15 PM
So do you guys already have a nightwing ? because I will be cosplaying Nightwing from the comics at dragoncon! ^_^

R-chan
07-08-2006, 04:59 PM
There's always room for 2 nightwings! u should join rob. same goes for ivy, quiksilvababe. We just want a big group. oh and I'll be the Penguin from batman returns btw^^

RyeCrimsonMoon
07-21-2006, 12:42 AM
Hey fellow Batman people :D How's everything going? BTW, I'm the Riddler. I don't think I've posted here yet :/

Anyway, I would be nearly done, except I lost the directons to my pattern.. and its a little different so I can't just put it together x_X Heh.

crimsonvision
07-21-2006, 02:46 PM
Any ideas on when during the con you guys are going to do this group? I really want to see! :)

R-chan
07-21-2006, 11:05 PM
Probably on the saturday of the con. we'll be sure to make it to the cosplay.com shoot sat @ 2 PM or so. Who will you be?
@RCM: u can use my pattern when I'm done with it

crimsonvision
07-21-2006, 11:07 PM
My 'costume schedule is'nt finalized; I won't be any Batman charachter though on Saturday unfortunately!

R-chan
07-21-2006, 11:12 PM
oh that's alright. whatever you decide will be awesome.

RyeCrimsonMoon
07-29-2006, 09:22 PM
I love the offering, but I've already cut out my pattern. Just lost the directions o__o; I'll look hardcore for them tomorrow ^_^;

It doesn't bother me when we do it. Just not sure what days we'll be there on though :/