PDA

View Full Version : Rules (and tentative schedule) for AUSA 2006 CosPlay are now online!

csueshambaugh
05-04-2006, 05:16 PM
Please check out the AUSA website (www.animeusa.org) Cosplay links (listed under "Events") for this year's hall and stage Cosplay rules, forms, and so forth!

The schedule is still somewhat up in the air, so any days/times listed are subject to change, but will give you an idea of what to expect in November. Updates will be made as they become available.

I would especially like to draw people's attention to the new "Open" Division that we are offering at AUSA this year, for those Cosplayers who feel they've gone on beyond the Craftsman level.

- C Sue Shambaugh
AUSA 2006 CosPlay Czarina (sans Tiara)

csueshambaugh
06-24-2006, 08:37 AM
Wow, people are really starting early this year. :>

Keep those entry forms coming! And if you have any trouble at all downloading the rules or the entry form, just drop me a line, and I'll email them to you personally (as always).

NOTE: Our schedule has still not been finalized. We may be in the afternoon this year! Comments welcome.

- C Sue Shambaugh
AUSA Cosplay Coordinator

csueshambaugh
07-23-2006, 08:13 PM
Here are the times and places you'll need to know if you're planning on participating in this year's AUSA CosPlay contest:

Friday 8 PM - 9 PM: On-site entries accepted outside CosPlay Events room

Saturday 11:30 AM - 1 PM: Rehearsal in Main Events - Entrants only!
Saturday 1 PM - 2:30 PM: Workmanship judging in CosPlay Events room
Saturday 3 PM - 4 PM: Lineup in CosPlay Events (Green) room
Saturday 4 PM - 7 PM: CosPlay in Main Events, including photos/awards

Saturday 8:30 PM: CosPlay RePlay for cosplay entrants only in CosPlay Events
room - See everything on tape that you may have missed,
while you unwind after the hoopla!

We already have some entries for this year's CosPlay, so keep those entry forms coming; remember, the pre-reg deadline for online entries is one (1) week before the convention starts, and there will be only limited on-site registration. Check the AUSA website for rules and entry forms.

C Sue Shambaugh
AUSA 2006 CosPlay Coordinator

csueshambaugh
09-16-2006, 11:29 AM
NOTICE ABOUT PRE-REG:

It's come to the our attention that various email forwarders (from AUSA aliases to certain ISPs like AOL and Comcast) are NOT working at the moment. We have no idea how long this has been a problem, but we're trying to get a workaround in place this weekend.

THEREFORE, if you've tried to email me a reg form or any rules questions lately, they've been eaten by my ISP's server as spam. :/ This is a recent event; no idea when it started happening. It's not my fault, but I'll apologize anyway if your email got eaten.

We're not ignoring you! It's not a conspiracy! It's just crappy computers; you know how that is.

Currently, I have two pre-reg forms that got to me unscathed (from "J" and "K", you know who you are :), but that was over a month ago.

I will make another announcement once the cosplay@animeusa.org email alias is working again. That is all.

- C Sue Shambaugh
2006 AUSA Cosplay Coordinator ~and~ Czarina sans Tiara

Bagu
09-16-2006, 01:48 PM
Wow Sue thats awesome :)

csueshambaugh
09-16-2006, 07:25 PM
Hey, even *sarcastic* flattery might get you somewhere. :>

NiceGai44
09-17-2006, 11:56 AM
I just resent you my groups registration. Thank you. i was wondering why I never got a response. I sent it to cosplay@animeusa.org from smithiir@saic.com. Can you just let me know when you received it?

csueshambaugh
09-19-2006, 09:13 PM
...Although now it's via webmail interface. :>

Anyway, I seem to be caught up with all the pending mail, so keep those pre-reg forms coming! If you think you've fallen through the cracks, just resend again.

It failed on exactly Sept. 1 - Dang those computers for picking a "round number," date-wise. :/

- C Sue Shambaugh
AUSA 2006 Cosplay Coordinator

Runi-Chan
09-20-2006, 09:25 PM
Oh, email servers. how you fail us, XD

Just wanted to say thanks for getting back to me quickly on my question; I was pondering just entering to show off, but that'll probably be what I end up doing now.
Unless I get all picky and pick something else, XP

And it's nice to see that the Masq will once again be well organized. I have to say, AUSA does have a very well organized Masquerade. It makes me very happy to see.

NiceGai44
09-23-2006, 05:38 AM
Oh yeah I got an email back thanks a lot. So when will we know if we are confirmed or not.

Lumasnati
09-23-2006, 05:45 AM
I signed up for the cosplay chess and never got a response....

chocoborancher
09-23-2006, 04:07 PM
The reason some haven't gotten a response to the Cosplay Chess is that the confirmations are being sent out in batches.

I send these out every 3-4 days or so.

I'll look for your email and see if it arrived.

Cosplay Chess Coordinator - AnimeUSA 2006