PDA

View Full Version : whos going!!!

sailor-moon
02-25-2003, 10:16 PM
ill be there as sailor moon and maybe, MAYBE goury from slayers^^ heheheee.....
ill have a starfighter and a starmaker with me and hopefully starhealer ^.^ and Tux is a given ^.^

digikoomi
02-25-2003, 10:23 PM
Hey~ when is boston? take me with you *jump jump*

lialia
02-25-2003, 10:28 PM
oohhohhhohhh we have our own forum yay!

ill be there as umi and as tifa for the masquerade

TyJILDown
02-26-2003, 12:46 AM
Well I know I shall definatly be going as Chun Li (SF) & Sivil (Macross 7). I have to see if I will be able to get the wig together for my Wallmrket Cloud in time...if not I hope I can put together Marone Bluecarno (Tales of Eternia) for then as well.

Lafiel
02-26-2003, 02:18 AM
~Mooo! ((= I'll be going))

Not to sure which costume I'll be wearing >.<

MargauxZ
02-26-2003, 02:35 AM
Meeeeee!

Yay! Ted Cole and Brad Swaile!

kitty_neko
02-26-2003, 05:57 AM
im going! im bringing my Riku costume which im working on now, and probably my Chii... if i can get the wig untangled, that is x.x;

wheee, i cant wait to see you again sailor-moon!! you're just too dern cute!!!! *glomps* ^__^

sailor-moon
02-26-2003, 09:43 AM
::jumps on chii:: chiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii ::your cuter!!!:::lol hmm hm hmm maybe i should finish my chii costume*.* hmm hmm hmmmmmm

Xanatos
02-26-2003, 10:27 AM
:spinner: I will be going as Eli from CC Sakura,
And Seto Kaiba from YuGi Oh!
Ahhh.... I can't wait !!!! (^o^)

Koumori
02-26-2003, 10:33 AM
I think there's already a thread on this topic. Anyway, I'll be there - I'd intended to enter the cosplay with my Wedding Yuna, but given the current Yuna-backlash I may skip it.

Potential costumes I may bring include: Belldandy, Wedding Yuna, White Mage Yuna, Shigure, Nuriko, or (if I REALLY don't have anything else to wear) Toshiya again. I'll have my best friend with me, and she'll probably be wearing the Miyu outfit I made for her.

shiroi_yukiko
02-26-2003, 12:53 PM
I'll be there too in a big vinyl-ly clump of jrockers! Heh. *should be working on costume now*

Anime_kidd2k2
02-26-2003, 02:32 PM
look out for a baka chibi zell up in there ^_~

kitty_neko
02-26-2003, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by sailor-moon
::jumps on chii:: chiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii ::your cuter!!!:::lol hmm hm hmm maybe i should finish my chii costume*.* hmm hmm hmmmmmm

:D wheeee! you should finish your chii costume so we can take pictures together!! it would be so cool *.*

Ashe
02-26-2003, 04:57 PM
Me too! Taking Robin, Azalyn, and something else... maybe either Nuriko or or Shampoo.

Sami
02-26-2003, 06:05 PM
I may be there, I'm not sure if we can take time off that weekend yet.. ;_____;

sailor-moon
02-26-2003, 08:11 PM
sami!! you know you wanna come^__~.

hikura
02-26-2003, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by digikoomi
Hey~ when is boston? take me with you *jump jump*
Hi there.Yes i am going.Been planning to go since i first heard about back at BAAF/AXNY 02.It is held on April 18-20(easter weekend).If you want digikoomi i can pm you later and give all the info you need.Yes i get to see sailor-moon beatiful costumes again.I'm Happy.Yes i am a groupie lol.

Lilli
02-26-2003, 09:27 PM
._.\/ I guess I'll be there.

EvilMoogleQueen
02-27-2003, 02:14 PM
I'll be there ^^

I'm going as Robin (my first real cosplay)

Sami
02-27-2003, 06:05 PM
sami!! you know you wanna come^__~.

LOL I really do! ;___; I've been looking forward to this con ever since I heard about it, but I don't know if I'll be able to get the time off from work.. due to our latest Katsu-ey snowstorm all my fiance's vacation days are totally used up (he had to borrow from next year, ew!) and I didn't have any to begin with because I just started work.. ^^;;;;;

I REALLY WANT TO GOOOO >_< We'll see ;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;

Allia
02-28-2003, 05:41 PM
I coming and I can't wait. I'll be cosplaying as Merle and my friends might cosplay too. But my friend Ricky is definatly going as Van. You might have seen us at Anime North 2002 as Street Fighter characters. Can't wait to see ya all.

P.S. Is there some way everyone from the forum can meet some place at the con. Or could we all wear a badge or something so we can spot eachother?

hikura
02-28-2003, 08:17 PM
Well Allia we can set up a time in a certain place to meet like in the lobby of the hotel at 5 pm on saturday(this is an example).
www.animeboston.com Look at the map.We can decide in a bit still alot of time before it starts.I say near the main stage area at a certain time.Does that sound good?Any ideas.I would like to meet some people from this forum.I have meet and taken pictures of sailor-moon an ranma satonme(they post under those names).I am going as Kaos from legendary armor samurai troopers(aka ronin warriors).Hope ot see everyone there.

ChibiRinoa
03-01-2003, 06:36 AM
ill be there! im going to be Rinoa and Sailor Neptune! ill also have my boyfriend as Squall (givin we make the costume by then, we gotta hurry it up!) and my sister as Tellu from Sailor Moon

Koumori
03-01-2003, 07:15 AM
Originally posted by Allia

P.S. Is there some way everyone from the forum can meet some place at the con. Or could we all wear a badge or something so we can spot eachother?

The current idea on the Otakon thread is an orange dot (sticker or highlighter) in the corner of your badge.

Also, there is a cosplay.com photo shoot scheduled for 1 PM on Saturday.

Allia
03-01-2003, 10:12 AM
I think it would be neat to be able to spot eachother in the hall in some way just in case people miss the meet meet up or photo shoot. But I think we should see what time is best for everyone to meet together and to decide on a place. For example I probably won't get there till 2 on friday. So maybe others will arrive late like I will and not make the meet up if it is early in the con.
I can't wait to see everyone there!

sailor-moon
03-01-2003, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by Koumori

Also, there is a cosplay.com photo shoot scheduled for 1 PM on Saturday.

at anime boston?

Koumori
03-01-2003, 10:38 AM
at anime boston?

Yes - there's information about it on the boards at http://www.animeboston.com under "Masquerade/Cosplay."

hikura
03-01-2003, 06:40 PM
I think it is a good idea that Koumori had.Put a little orange sticker or something like that on your badge.We can discuss it a little more when the con approaches.Plus kourmori is right as of right now cosplay.com photo shoot is at 1 pm on saturday.*bows down to almight kourmori cause she is very knowledgeable*lol

Gothic_Lulu
03-01-2003, 10:45 PM
I will be there....it is my hometown ^_^

I will be bringing Edea, Lulu and Aeris cosplays with me so if anyone is doing any FF cosplay I would like to take some pics....

I can't wait to meet anyone, I have never met anyone from message boards and stuff before so this will be cool...hopefully I won't be too shy ^^;;;;

hikura
03-01-2003, 11:05 PM
Well Gothic_Lulu i am happy to meet people who share similiar intrest.Most people who post seem intrested to meet other people also.Just do not be to shy or we might have to pounce/surpise glomp you.Lol

Mibuzen
03-02-2003, 03:48 PM
I'll be there. I'll probably be my latest routine of Mikagami from Flame of Recca and Tasuki from Fushigi Yugi but if I can finish Kurama(YYH) or do a little more work on my Fruits Basket Kyo costume I will do one of those as well.

number18
03-03-2003, 12:43 PM
I wanna go suuuuuuper bad...especially since my friend is on some sort of commitee for it and that means I could definitely have a ride down...but I haven't had a job for 3 months, just got one like friday, no lie...but won't get paid for awhile

and baaaah I want to go sooooo bad! I just hope I can...and if I do, I will most likely be going as #18...though my wig for her is kinda crappy now and I wish I could buy a better one. Looks like crap. :P

tsukinohime
03-03-2003, 06:40 PM
I'll be there as first season Sailor Moon. /*^_^*\

sailor-moon
03-03-2003, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by tsukinohime
I'll be there as first season Sailor Moon. /*^_^*\

ooh^.^ fun fun^^
ooh!! theres a seiya going other than my seiya^^ and she needs a moonie to hang with being that im taken!!maybe you two can hang out!! hehee

Hikaru
03-04-2003, 04:53 PM
I'm going as Onpu from Ojamajo Doremi! OMG! It'll be so funny seeing you guys there! I have no pics of myself (that are good anyway ^_^) but I'll be easy to find as I'll be the only Onpu there probably! Don't worry... I won't come up to you guys and bother you...

tsukinohime
03-04-2003, 08:53 PM
ooh^.^ fun fun^^
ooh!! theres a seiya going other than my seiya^^ and she needs a moonie to hang with being that im taken!!maybe you two can hang out!! hehee
Cool! I hope I run into your group!

dreamcrafter
03-07-2003, 01:32 PM
WeeEeee......

I'm going too..! *hops up and down* I'm cosplaying as Jill Valentine from Resident Evil:Directors Cut.. Hehe..

It would be wicked if we all met over there yeah?. :D!!

sailor-moon
03-07-2003, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by dreamcrafter
WeeEeee......

I'm going too..! *hops up and down* I'm cosplaying as Jill Valentine from Resident Evil:Directors Cut.. Hehe..

It would be wicked if we all met over there yeah?. :D!!

yea!!it would^^ hehee^.^

ooh*.* jill Valentine huh, i must get your pic XD

Kaede
03-08-2003, 07:11 PM
ill be there!! ill be going as raziel from angel sanctuary

sailor-moon
03-08-2003, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by Kaede
ill be there!! ill be going as raziel from angel sanctuary

*.* ooh*.* maybe ill bring sara and drag my setsuna with me XD lol

ki kuru kitty
03-08-2003, 11:01 PM
I will arrive just in the nick of time, yes I'm so glad. A con that is next month, I thought I wasn't going to get to a con till July. This time I'm hoping to make more greetings to other people then holding out like a wuss in other big cons.

See you Next time...

RichAyanami
03-09-2003, 03:47 PM
Wheee, this is great. I just skimmed through the posts, and I see that evil_neko is going! and Ashley is going! I hope you're going to bring Seras.. awesome costume...

As for me, I'm going to try to have Motoko from Ghost in the Shell ready for AnimeBoston..no guarantee though...I dunno if I can get my gun finished in time. But yeah, that and I'm gonna have a punk schoolgirl thing, and maybe a kitty outfit..

I hope to see you all there!

chaos lord
03-09-2003, 07:12 PM
I might go, not wearing a costume.
Dont have any made.

RichAyanami
03-09-2003, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by chaos lord
I might go, not wearing a costume.
Dont have any made.

Hmmm... then we'll have to get you some costumes now won't we..???

XD

Koumori
03-10-2003, 06:30 AM
Originally posted by RichAyanami
Hmmm... then we'll have to get you some costumes now won't we..???

XD

Well, sure, he can always borrow my old Sailor Neptune outfit.. ;)

Kas
03-10-2003, 01:20 PM
My sis and I are thinking of going.. However.. the hotel is already sold out.. O.O and the overflow is like$195 a night.. *dies*

Plus it is a 12 hour drive from here.. but we are still thinking of going though.

chaos lord
03-10-2003, 03:33 PM
Sailor moon?

chaos lord
03-10-2003, 03:34 PM
U know the sad part is u could probably get me to wear it.

Koumori
03-10-2003, 03:35 PM

Actually I could rest happy if I never see another guy dressed like a Sailor Scout. But the option's open. Since we're neighbors and all. ;)

kitty_neko
03-10-2003, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by Kas
My sis and I are thinking of going.. However.. the hotel is already sold out.. O.O and the overflow is like$195 a night.. *dies*

Plus it is a 12 hour drive from here.. but we are still thinking of going though.

wow...now THATS dedication.... @.@!
if you want to save money on a hotel room, you could probably find someone to room with

chaos lord
03-10-2003, 03:38 PM
Thanks anyway

chaos lord
03-10-2003, 03:39 PM
I dont think i look good in a sailor oufit

hikura
03-10-2003, 04:45 PM
Why not chaos lord.More then a few guys have done it before.It would be really brave of you to do it.

RichAyanami
03-10-2003, 05:49 PM

Ya know, I'm all in favor of crossplaying and stuff..but I haven't had any good experiences with male sailor scouts... BUT I'm nooot gonna get into that whole song and dance...
XD

And Kas, yeah wow! My drive from Boston to Crystal City for Katsu was bad enough! (also imagine me trying to drive back up with an inch of snow on I-95...)
hehe...

chaos lord
03-10-2003, 08:03 PM
yea but i still would look stupid. Maybe another time. This will be my first con afterall.

lialia
03-11-2003, 11:31 AM
or you could do something simple? it says that you like X in ur profile how about doing a kamui or fuma? theyre pretty easy

chaos lord
03-11-2003, 06:30 PM
I could try to do something for x but i doubt i will pull it off in time.
Besides my i need to spend time working so i could go.

Allia
03-11-2003, 08:18 PM
I have somewhere around a six to seven hour drive depending on the weather and how may stops we make. But I'm going for sure. I can't wait (Dances around from the excitement).

RichAyanami
03-11-2003, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by Allia
I have somewhere around a six to seven hour drive depending on the weather and how may stops we make. But I'm going for sure. I can't wait (Dances around from the excitement).

Well from NYC to Boston it's about 4 hours.. I know that for a fact, just drove it a few days ago XD

Kas
03-11-2003, 11:01 PM
I don't mind the drive *pretends she is in Initial D while driving*.. I'm just concern with a place to curl up and go to sleep.. oh and take a shower.. no con funk for me..

evil_neko
03-11-2003, 11:24 PM
Wheee, this is great. I just skimmed through the posts, and I see that evil_neko is going! and Ashley is going! I hope you're going to bring Seras.. awesome costume...

Hm? You... know me? Did I meet you at Katsu? *thoroughly confused*

RichAyanami
03-11-2003, 11:49 PM
Originally posted by evil_neko
Hm? You... know me? Did I meet you at Katsu? *thoroughly confused*

Eeeeee! Um.... I don't know why I typed evil_neko... I meant kitty_neko... :bashful:

..but I'll be very glad to see you too at AnimeBoston, evil_neko!!!
XD

kitty_neko
03-12-2003, 05:54 AM
wheee, someone'l actually be GLAD to see me?! i feel special!!
*glomps RichAyanami* ^__^

Fighter
03-12-2003, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by kitty_neko
wheee, someone'l actually be GLAD to see me?! i feel special!!
*glomps RichAyanami* ^__^

Of course we'd be happy to see you!! ^_^ You're such a cute Chii!! *still has hearing problems from hearing SailorMoon scream that about a million and one times* gah!!

sailor-moon
03-12-2003, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by Fighter
Of course we'd be happy to see you!! ^_^ You're such a cute Chii!! *still has hearing problems from hearing SailorMoon scream that about a million and one times* gah!!

EVIL SEIYA!!! :::JUMPS ON YOU:::

kitty_neko
03-12-2003, 02:46 PM

omg!! i love you you guys!! *hugs sailor moon and fighter*
you have no idea how much this just improved the quality of my day...! *had a bad day at school T_T* i cant wait to see you guys there!!! ^__^

evil_neko
03-12-2003, 02:49 PM
Eeeeee! Um.... I don't know why I typed evil_neko... I meant kitty_neko... :bashful:

..but I'll be very glad to see you too at AnimeBoston, evil_neko!!!
XD

Haha, yep, I can't wait to meet you! XP

sailor-moon
03-12-2003, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by kitty_neko
omg!! i love you you guys!! *hugs sailor moon and fighter*
you have no idea how much this just improved the quality of my day...! *had a bad day at school T_T* i cant wait to see you guys there!!! ^__^

^__~. its true though^.^ your the best Chii!! so cute! haha..i made seiya go deaf XD

Gothic_Lulu
03-12-2003, 05:00 PM
Sailor-Moon, Seiya is coming! COOL (it was a great costume)!!!!! Are you going to have some other Starlights with you too? ^_^

sailor-moon
03-12-2003, 05:58 PM
yeap^^ stafighter, starhealer and starmaker..if healer and maker get them donein time XD haha^^ hehee gotta love the starlight! XD lol

tsukinohime
03-12-2003, 06:49 PM
Woohoo! Lots of SM cosplayers! *gets ready to snap mad piccies* Did you say you had an extra Seiya, Sailor Moon?

sailor-moon
03-12-2003, 07:24 PM
:::nods:: hai^.^ i promised id take pics with her but shes all yours when im done XD lol hahahaha ::makes sure her seiya didnt hear that::::

hikura
03-12-2003, 08:15 PM
Let me tell you my friend is going to die once i get pics of alot of different sailor charcters.She is going to kill me to get the disc full of pics.That or bribe me.I can wait to me people from this board offline.Nothing like seeing a monk taking pics.I am going as Kaos from legendary armor samurai troopers.

tsukinohime
03-12-2003, 09:53 PM
:::nods:: hai^.^ i promised id take pics with her but shes all yours when im done XD lol hahahaha ::makes sure her seiya didnt hear that::::

*giggles* Don't tire her out too much ;)

RichAyanami
03-13-2003, 01:31 AM
Hey is anyone going to AnimeBoston as someone from Dir en Grey? ..or maybe know of someone...?

sailor-moon
03-13-2003, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by tsukinohime
*giggles* Don't tire her out too much ;)

....................^________~.................... ...

:thumbsup:

Fighter
03-13-2003, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by Gothic_Lulu
Sailor-Moon, Seiya is coming! COOL (it was a great costume)!!!!! Are you going to have some other Starlights with you too? ^_^

^_^ Thanks!! Maker is definitely coming... Healer is the procrastinating pain in the ass that we're not sure off. ^_^;; Hopefully they'll have their suits together as well! ^_~

Tsukinhime - if sailor moon has too much fun with the other Seiya then I'll just have to go with you! ^_~

*sees sailor moon fuming in the background* Yeah, like ya didn't think I'd hear that one! :rolleyes: XP

sailor-moon
03-13-2003, 10:10 AM
^_^ Thanks!! Maker is definitely coming... Healer is the procrastinating pain in the ass that we're not sure off. ^_^;; Hopefully they'll have their suits together as well! ^_~

Tsukinhime - if sailor moon has too much fun with the other Seiya then I'll just have to go with you! ^_~

*sees sailor moon fuming in the background* Yeah, like ya didn't think I'd hear that one! :rolleyes: XP

...........*.*............ ::throws lamp at you:: >< :::goes off to cry in the corner::::

anyways, like id leave you for another seiya^_~. no other seiya matches up to you^.^ tehee

tsukinohime
03-13-2003, 01:56 PM

*giggles* Its a deal! But it sounds like Sailor Moon will always be there with you ^_^

Gothic_Lulu
03-13-2003, 02:40 PM

Coolness * can't wait to take pics lol*

Mako-san
03-13-2003, 08:02 PM
Ah yes, Kas and I are definately going to AnimeBoston, were are gonna pick up a friend of ours on the way up there but its gonna be a 12 hr 30min drive from NC, So I due hope this is gonna be a great con!!!
I look forward to seeing you all!! Not sure what costumes I'm bringing!!

EvilMoogleQueen
03-15-2003, 04:55 PM
yay my plans are definately confirmed for anime boston!

I'm bringing along a friend... shes gona cosplay as rinoa. and she really hopes that their will be a seifer there. lol.

Sara Mudo
03-15-2003, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by EvilMoogleQueen
and she really hopes that their will be a seifer there. lol.

heehee^^ hopefully there will be^o^

EvilMoogleQueen
03-16-2003, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by Sara Mudo
heehee^^ hopefully there will be^o^

:p and a good looking one at that...

Dewy
03-19-2003, 11:47 AM
Wee..I'm going, of course! I live so close anyway..and this Is my first con...I'ma frooosh....>_>
Anyway, Me and friend are going as Kero-chan (Her) and Suppi on chocolate (Me) at the beginning....Because I like forcing people to cosplay. It gives me power. hee...

Anyway, I'm also wearing my Sango (Inuyasha) and Mimiru (.hack) But I'm not sure what times ...eeh...

I also planned to do a Noir cheap-o cosplay if I can get the stuff on time...with my other friend...If she can come...I hope she can...merehaaaaaaaaghkeiajoeiaj.

Yes.

I'll be the one sticking "every-heart.net" post-it notes everywhere. Whooosh.

Oshi
03-19-2003, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by EvilMoogleQueen
she really hopes that their will be a seifer there. lol. Oh there will be ^_~
and a good looking one at that... ...er... nevermind ._.

FujiHonda
03-19-2003, 07:34 PM
Well, Xanatos, if my friend sees you as Seto, you're gonna get glomped. ^^;

Anyway, I'll be there. ^-^ I'm cosplaying as Taiitsu Shinjin from Houshin Engi. ^^; My friend is gonna be Unchuushi. =P

ladyune
03-20-2003, 09:58 PM
I'll be there! In OZ uniform *^_^* @};- can't wait to see you all there

Something Lulu
03-20-2003, 10:16 PM
How did I miss this thread?

Well, I'll be there. I'm bringing two Dita costumes and Lulu. Not sure what days I'll be wearing what yet.

Gothic_Lulu
03-20-2003, 10:30 PM
Are you bringing your Tifa costume too?

I can't wait to see you Dita costumes ^_^

Something Lulu
03-20-2003, 11:45 PM
...um...probably not Tifa. >_< I was planning to but I don't think I will. My quick weight loss method was giving me migraines and making me dizzy at work, so I had to stop. Not to mention it's COLD in MA, and Tifa isn't the warmest costume. So I don't think I'll be bringing it after all.

Gothic_Lulu
03-20-2003, 11:51 PM
Yeah, it is pretty cold down hear lol but to me it is pretty nice (which is why I spaz out in hot places like Florida )

I am still doing my Aeris ^_^ Just have to buy my wig and I should be done and I just finsihed my Edea but it needs some touch ups.....thank god my Lulu is a commsion lol

ChibiRinoa
04-01-2003, 06:09 AM
this has been talked about vaguely a few months ago, but since its only 17 days until AB, it should be brought up again i think...

how are we going to identify each other? the stickers thing was brought up, having little dots on our badges...

i was thinking something else. i dont know about anyone else, but when im on the boards, i remember who posts what by their screename and their avatar. i was thinking that a clever way to be able to identify each other would be a litlte printout of our screename and our avatar to go on our badge. it would be alot easier to the people who havent met each other previously, and it would take away the awkwardness of saying "oh...who are you again?" to each other.

lialia
04-01-2003, 10:37 AM
i think that would be a good idea chibirinoa i like the whole avatar and sn idea

17 days? oh man i reallly need to finish up my dark gunner and tifas *cries* i havnet even started umi and i HAVE to do it i promised my best friend i dont even know wehere to start

hikura
04-01-2003, 01:46 PM
The avator idea is good also.I say with stick with the little stickers on the con badges also.This way it is easy to identify.man i was reading the main page and over 2000 people pre registered.Sounds like it will be a huge con(by upper east coast cons go).I am glad i pre registered and have my hotel room well before things got busy.:).I did not forget that you needed a place to change lialia.My room is still avable to you.

EvilMoogleQueen
04-01-2003, 04:38 PM
that is slightly awkard... not knowing anyons real name...

ChibiRinoa
04-01-2003, 04:59 PM
i can see how it is...like for example, if i were to meet say...SomethingLulu, i wouldnt be able to recognize her if somebody said her real name...because when im on the boards, everyone is their ID name. people wouldnt go up to me automatically knowing my name is Laura, i'd be ChibiRinoa. If we have the screenames on our tags, we'd be able to go up to the person and say "whats your name?", trying to find the real person behind the avatar and screename.

hikura
04-01-2003, 05:11 PM
Real name is Scott.I know such a typical name lol.Alot of people will be meeting at the clubhouse session on friday.That is a good time to introduce yourself and meet the other people.Plus saturday there is a cosplay.com photo shoot.Another good time to meet the people from the board.Plus i am going dressed as Kaos from legendary armor samurai troopers(aka the acient one from ronin warriors).If anyone wants me real last name i will happily give to them in pm.

Koumori
04-01-2003, 06:03 PM
I'll have my name on my badge regardless.

Unfortunately I JUST learned that the boots I ordered TWO MONTHS AGO are backordered (don't order from How Cool, kids. Just don't do it) so I will most likely have to pull out of the Masquerade.

TyJILDown
04-01-2003, 06:51 PM
Oh shit Koumori I'm so sorry to hear about that...I'm hoping in 17 days you can pull something off. What kind of boots do you need and in what size, maybe someone can help ya out...

Anyways if it makes it easier on people, real name is CHristina, calling me Chris or JIL will do. It'll be pretty easy to find me. Friday I'll be dressed as Wallmarket Cloud...everyone should know who I am with the wig and all ^^;; On Saturday I'll be Sivil...just look for the girl in the shiny purple catsuit, long purple wig, antennae thingies & full painted face. =P I'll be hanging around Oshi, Something_Lulu, Ranma, Stud, and Oshi so if you see them I'll most likely be with them ^_^

Koumori
04-01-2003, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by TyJILDown
Oh shit Koumori I'm so sorry to hear about that...I'm hoping in 17 days you can pull something off. What kind of boots do you need and in what size, maybe someone can help ya out...

You're sweet, but I doubt it. It was for Wedding Yuna - the lace-up white boots. I'd caved and ordered some I didn't really like anyway.. platforms too high.. but now it looks like I'll have to either drop out or come up with something else Real Quick. Which is okay - I don't really compete in contests anyway, but that was a costume that I really did not think would work in the halls. Maybe I can do a walk-on with Belldandy instead, though I'd planned to wear her on Friday.

hikura
04-01-2003, 07:07 PM
Koumori.If you want i can take a look around.I only played final fantasy 10 once thru and i can not really visualize the boots that well.If you can send me a pic i will take a look around for you.I am coming anime boston and if i found them i can give them to you and you can pay me back.Just an offer.

Koumori
04-01-2003, 07:57 PM
Awww, you're all so nice! Thanks, but that won't be necessary. I can use Belldandy if I decide to do the masquerade anyway.. and I may just decide I'd like to have my afternoon/evening back, and skip it! :)

Allia
04-01-2003, 08:24 PM
I'm sorry but I forgot when the meeting was on Friday. When is it? I hope its not before two.

ignats69
04-01-2003, 09:13 PM
i will be dressed as Neo Queen Serenity! YAY! i am so excited about going! :D

hikura
04-01-2003, 09:15 PM
Allia: Do not know yet.Gothic_lulu has yet to post the time.
Koumori:Well the offer still stands between now and the con.The only thing you have is send me a pic...or an excellent description.It isn't a problem to try to help anybody that needs it.I am sure if i needed some help someone else would offer it(or i at least i would hope so).

sailor-moon
04-01-2003, 10:37 PM
omg..its so close...O.O i need to get cracking on costumes XD gaaah!! need to iron out Neo queen Serenity, eternal sailor moon, manga SM..iron out inu yasha for a friend..and figure out if i still want to bring my blue sara mudo dress*.*...

Oshi
04-02-2003, 12:07 AM
I need to get cracking on THIS SWORD T_T
And Rufus... yes...

sailor-moon
04-02-2003, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by Oshi
I need to get cracking on THIS SWORD T_T
And Rufus... yes...

then get crackin!! lol XD what the heck are you doing on cosplay.com!! get to work!! LOL

Oshi
04-02-2003, 12:36 AM
Rain. It's been raining whenever I have a chance to get out and work on it >.<

ChibiRinoa
04-02-2003, 09:01 AM
i have to figure out how to style a Tellu wig 0.0 and the wig itself is really crappy too -bursts into tears-

Something Lulu
04-02-2003, 10:40 AM
All 3 of my costumes are 80-90% done, but that last % that isn't complete is making me nuts! And now my boyfriend wants a Zima costume so I have 2 weeks to finish all of mine *and* start from scratch on his. I've started setting goals for myself, like Lulu has to be completely finished and ready to wear by Saturday, which means today is the only full day I have to work on it. Speaking of which, I'm off to go play with lace some more. Good luck to everyone on your costumes!

evil_neko
04-02-2003, 02:45 PM
Good luck, Lulu!!

Something Lulu
04-02-2003, 06:57 PM
Thanks. ^_^ Although once I told him her had to buy Zima's coat himself he said to forget it lol. Oh well, it would be nice to have him in costume with me but that's one less thing on my mind.

TyJILDown
04-02-2003, 11:35 PM
Ugh don't remind me! Been working on my Masquerade costume with the school's sewing machine until the new one I ordered arrives....then I have to PRAY the wigs for both costumes arrive in time as well as all the theatre makeup and supplies. This is too close for comfort!

Fighter
04-03-2003, 11:55 AM
*cries* Maker and Healer aren't going to be able to make it!! I'm going to be a lonely Starlight!!!! *starts balling all over the place* <- (looks really pathetic trust me ^_^;;)

EvilMoogleQueen
04-04-2003, 11:12 PM
im not going to get to the con until 5 to 6-ish on friday. Im trying to see if I can take an earlier train but then I'd end up leaving at 6 in the morning.

Something Lulu
04-05-2003, 12:08 AM
6 am? >_< I'd go for the later arrival, too. I'm actually trying to get into MA Thursday night simply so I don't have to get up at the crack of dawn on Friday. I've got a friend who lives there who I can stay with for the night.

TyJILDown
04-05-2003, 01:56 AM
well being as Check In isn't till 12 in the afternoon, Oshi, Stud, Ranma, soaze, and I may not leave till 8 and we'll get in around check in time...

LaylaCinder
04-05-2003, 01:50 PM
Durr... I might as well add this x.x; ahh well.
I'm going. Yes.
As for cosplay, I'll be taking it pretty light, no Jenova.. :p...ever....again...... no....evil...

I'll be one of the people on the j-rock panel, however, and I'll be wearing some as of yet undecided visual kei related costume for that. Also, Chihiro from Spirited away.. this is mainly because my masquerade costume is painful AND a pain to wear so, I really want to keep it easy besides that. Maybe something else too, we'll see...

EvilMoogleQueen
04-05-2003, 07:47 PM
I wanted to leave thrusday but I already booked the hotel room for friday night. Hopefully I wont miss too much.

MrWonderfulToji
04-06-2003, 01:58 PM
hey everyone
Ill be going for all 3 days. I plan to wear 2 of the 3, Battle City Kaiba from Yu-Gi-Oh!, Tohji or Kaji from Eva.. and well see if I can get myself motivated to make something crapass hodgepodge....but either way, I've never been to AB before, so I'm looking forward to it a lot! also looking forward to seeing some cosplay.commers...
sean

JacksUsername
04-06-2003, 02:07 PM
Hey, i'm hoping to come for all three days as well. Although I don't know how the costumes are going to turn out. This is my first time and I just messed up my first one, so I'm really going to have to cram this week...yikes. I was going to do Sora from .hack//SIGN and Prince Adam from He-Man, but I'll see what happens. Hope to see a few of you there.

rei_hino
04-08-2003, 05:12 PM
ima goin. . . crossplayin *as my fav character!*

Ren Miyako
04-08-2003, 10:13 PM
Oi! Minna-san! I'm going to AB too! ^_^ I'm gonna be a first time cosplayer, not to mention a first time anime-con-goer. I AM SO PSYCHED!!! *Jumps up and down* :bouncer: It's in 10 days! 10 days... :eek: *Looks horrified* Ahhh!!!! There's still so much to take care of with my costumes! *Runs around frantically* My accessories.... *Panics* My bag of stuff.... *Breathes heavily* MONEY!! Oh god, I need money!! *Slows down and pulls out a cigarette and lighter quickly to light, take a puff, and breathe it out* Whew! Man, I was getting all worked up there for a second, LoL. Truthfully, I do have a lot to get done. As a first time cosplayer, I didn't realize the amount of time I needed to really go into my projects, and when I started, I had no idea what to do! -_- LoL. Well, whatever. Every spare minute is going to them now! :crylaugh: *Scratches head nervously* I'm sure I'll get them done though!

The orange sticker + avatar thing sounds like a good idea. I know I haven't been around long enough for anyone to recognize mine, but it's great for the rest of y'all! But I still hope to meet a lot of you and take pictures! (: (: (: (The shoot is exactly when? *Looks around AB site a little confused* :confused:

2000 PEOPLE?!!! Just for pre-registration?! (*Thought that number would be the total for the weekend*) DAMN! That's a whole lot of people! *Gets even more excited* WoW. It's gonna be so much fun!! Demo... I'd better tell my friends who are planning to pay at the door that it's gonna be LONG wait, LoL (*Happy she pre-registered a while back*).

Ya know, I was shopping by Boston Park Plaza the other day, and I went in just to take a look around (I am *too* excited, ^_^). And I've been there a couple times for this and that (always very short periods of time and unfortunately, I never stayed there, living close in Boston and all, LoL). But I always forget how beautiful it is!! I was surprised when I heard the location the New England Anime Society chose for the new con. Never did I think it'd be the Park Plaza hotel. Always thought theat if anything ever happened here, it'd take place in one of the convention centers, like the Hynes or something. But I'm so happy!!! We're all gonna look so cool in our pics with these... big chandeliers and pretty balconies in the background, lol.

Now despite all my costume dillemmas... I'm racing against the clock to get the best costumes I possibly can. There all pretty whack, but at least I'll be in costume, *sigh*. I know though that the more of you I get to see the more fun it'll be!! : - D I'm not sure about the order yet, but my costumes are: Utena's school uniform from the movie, Ohtori Akio from the Utena series, a Japanese schoolgirl uniform, possibly a tux... o.O Don't ask, a surprise outfit, LoL. A somewhat dressy costume is being thrown together - but I doubt it'll be done in time. And of course, I can't forget....

*Quietly sneaks up behind Sailor_Moon and Fighter* ...*Taps on Sailor_Moon's shoulder and hides* ...*Chuckles at Sailor_Moon's puzzled expression and moves onto Fighter where she whispers in her ear: "Odango... Guess who came all the way from SU.net?"* ^_~ *Takes out a megaphone and yells: " SEERESS DID CUZ I'M THE OTHER SEIYA!!!!"! *Fighter falls to the ground holding her ears* Heeheehee... : - D

Tsukinohime : It'd be my pleasure to be your Seiya. And it's a great honor for you to so graciously accept being my Usagi, *wink*(Do I have too much cologne on or what?! *Sniffs herself* LoL Don't mind me... I'm just trying to be suave and charming - Well, my friends say I'm not trying and that I'm just a cheesy wannabe-pimp, and I agree, LoL - but I'll try not to be too annoying or make ya too uncomfortable or anything, LoL. Really though, I'm grateful for your precense. The others knew I needed an Usagi, so the more Usagis the better! *Pauses to wonder how many Usagis she can take a picture with* Oh, and by the way - I'm sort of an Usagi and Seiya fanatic, so if I start to get a little *too* passionate about them (you should see my long rants and posts at seiyausagi.net, LoL) let me know so I can stop, *Grins* And if your an Usagi/Mamoru fan - well, I won't hurt you or anything! I'll respect your opinions!! Demo, when my friends start high-fiving ya, THEY'LL hear it from me, *Laughs*(You see, they mainly do it get on my nerves, lol. So I gotta go off on them so they can keep their mouths shut, lol).

Well, there are my "little" tidbits. I hope to see all of you there and GET READY TO KICK SOME - Oh, that's right. I'm not with my team anymore, lol. So GET READY TO HAVE SOME SERIOUS FUN!!! ^_^ :drink:

JacksUsername
04-08-2003, 10:46 PM
ou,........ i complelty forgot about the id thing people had mentioned.....just to be sure, is anyone else going to put their avatar on their badge, just so I'm not the only one with an odd picture placed on their badge? I'll probably put an orange sticker too, if I remember, but the avatar is easier, because I probably wouldn't go socialize with someone if they just had an orange sticker, but if I recognize an avatar, I think it'd be easier.

This would be cool to meet a few of the people on the forums, (although I've only been on for a short time) just because I've never met people that I've met in forums and I like the sense of community that these forums have....Oh, and I probably won't be able to do the costumes I mentioned before....I'm aiming at a Wolverine from modified clothes... Hope to see everyone there!

MrWonderfulToji
04-08-2003, 11:04 PM
Yea, I would love to meet all the people I see on these boards...unlike most mesage boards, everyone here seems to get along is really cool! so hopefully Ill see you all soon!
sean

Something Lulu
04-08-2003, 11:28 PM
I probably won't have my avatar on my badge, seeing as this is the first I'm hearing of it and my printer doesn't want to work. I also change my avatar a lot, so I don't know which one I'd use. >_< But at the moment I'm on my avatar, so if you recognize that you should recognize me. ^_^ I'll be Tifa on Friday, Lulu on Saturday, and Dita on Sunday, and I won't have an orange sticker. Maybe I'll right "Something Lulu" on my name tag or something.

I can't wait to see everybody there! ^_^

sailor-moon
04-08-2003, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by Ren Miyako

*Quietly sneaks up behind Sailor_Moon and Fighter* ...*Taps on Sailor_Moon's shoulder and hides* ...*Chuckles at Sailor_Moon's puzzled expression and moves onto Fighter where she whispers in her ear: "Odango... Guess who came all the way from SU.net?"* ^_~ *Takes out a megaphone and yells: " SEERESS DID CUZ I'M THE OTHER SEIYA!!!!"! *Fighter falls to the ground holding her ears* Heeheehee... : - D

OMIGOSH!!! XD haha!!! tis the "other" Seiya!! ::hugs:: neh neh, i still want pictures with you neh neh ^_~. tehee
:: cheers :: yayness for us from SU.net!! woooohooooooo party !! LOL XD ..im such an airhead... :thumbsup:

Allia
04-09-2003, 12:05 PM
Yeah I'll have my avatar on my badge or something like that and an orange sticker so you can spot me out and then be able to know who I am.

number18
04-09-2003, 01:19 PM
Hmmm...are there usually a lot of people already at cons at the time they open? As in, on Friday registration time, do you seasoned con goers think there will be a sizeable number there already? Or do people show up fashionably late? Cause if I get the day off, I'll have to take the train in mad early and whatnot or get there really late.

Koumori
04-09-2003, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by number18
Hmmm...are there usually a lot of people already at cons at the time they open? As in, on Friday registration time, do you seasoned con goers think there will be a sizeable number there already? Or do people show up fashionably late? Cause if I get the day off, I'll have to take the train in mad early and whatnot or get there really late.

There will probably be a line for registration no matter what time you get there, since they're expecting so many people, but earlier in the day is usually better. I have the day off from work, so I'll probably be there most of the afternoon Friday (and I'll be wearing my avatar) but the biggest day is almost always Saturday.

number18
04-09-2003, 02:56 PM
Ahhh Koumori...you are so so helpful. Another question, then?

Are there usually lines for people just to get in, though theyve already registered and such?

Something Lulu
04-09-2003, 03:00 PM
If you're like me and haven't pre-registered, you might want to try registering at the hotel on Thursday night. Night-before lines are usually shorter, and most out-of-towners aren't heading in until Friday. (I'm going into MA Thursday night so I'll be registering then.)

EDIT:
Are there usually lines for people just to get in, though theyve already registered and such?

From my experience at AX and CC last summer, we would get to the Dealer's Room really early b/c lines would form to get in, and then when the doors opened we'd go right in. But you don't have to do that. (And at AX they only let a certain amount of ppl into the Dealer's Room at a time so you *had* to wait.) Although I think even pre-regs need to pick up their badges before going in, and you'd have to wait on line for that.

JacksUsername
04-09-2003, 03:05 PM
Hmm, that soudns like a good idea actually. I'm living up in Boston right now, so that way I could familiarize myself how to get there and such. Better than chancing it and waiting in long lines the next day, although, that doesn't necessarily mean the lines will be short on thursday night either.

number18
04-09-2003, 03:09 PM
Yeah I am planning on registering Thursday night. I'm trying to do as much as possible to make my first con experience as un-hectic as possible....although that sentence in itself makes me laugh.

hikura
04-09-2003, 03:57 PM
An un-hetic anime con is what you call a oxymoron.Sorry i had to throw this out.

number18
04-09-2003, 05:40 PM
That's ok, hikura. I get giddy every time I read your signature...

<3

hikura
04-09-2003, 08:40 PM
MY signature?I am really awe struck.*gets all red*.Nothing personal..why is it so intresting?

number18
04-10-2003, 11:55 AM
Well for one, it's Macross. Two it's in favor of Hikaru and Misa. ^^

And while I like Minmei, Misa is just so much better. Oddly enough, though, I've never seen Macross...just the Macross saga of Robotech, and the DYRL movie (which is one of my all time favorites)...

ahhhh macross fans, though...i get so giddy for some reason...

=hugs hikura=

and now, to stop deviating from the topic, does anyone know about how long it takes to get to the con center from Alewife station? My buddy and I are trying to decide the best way to go and register on Thursday night.

Sweet~Pea
04-10-2003, 04:18 PM
I'm going with a group of friends. I'm going to be Michiru (high School uni) and Tomoyo (if I can finish her in time).
-Cheers

Kas
04-10-2003, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by MrWonderfulToji
hey everyone
Ill be going for all 3 days. I plan to wear 2 of the 3, Battle City Kaiba from Yu-Gi-Oh!, Tohji or Kaji from Eva.. and well see if I can get myself motivated to make something crapass hodgepodge....but either way, I've never been to AB before, so I'm looking forward to it a lot! also looking forward to seeing some cosplay.commers...
sean

Hey.. Yay.. another Yu-gi-oh fan.. I'm cosplaying as Malik.. I would love to take a pic with you.. of course if you don't mind. I plan on wearing it on Saturday.

Of course I look foward to meeting all at the clubhouse.. hoping we get there in time being that we are driving 12 hours. Also.. I hope.. no.. I pray that it doesn't snow.. freaking weather.. -_-``

sailor-moon
04-10-2003, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by animechicky2040
I'm going with a group of friends. I'm going to be Michiru (high School uni) and Tomoyo (if I can finish her in time).
-Cheers

omigosh!! ill be usagi in school uni and ill have my seiya in school uni too!! must find you for pictures!!!

number18
04-11-2003, 11:26 AM
Whoa, Kas...where in NYness are you driving that it takes 12 hours to get to MA? It takes like...4 hours to drive between Boston and NYC...and I would figure more northern parts of NY would be closer. But then again, more northern parts of PA are like 4 hours away from Philly...and driving from Philly to Boston takes about 6 hours. Bah!

And as for snow, I heard rumor at work that the last snowfall was supposed to be the last of it. I sure hope so, anyway.

Koumori
04-11-2003, 11:34 AM
I just looked at the website again, and it looks like they have the clubhouse time scheduled on Friday from 12 noon - 2 PM.

Alisa
04-14-2003, 10:10 AM
That's not fair...I wanna go to Anime Boston. I am in Boston right at this very moment...and Anime Boston is in 4 days...uwwwaaaaah but I have to leave tommorow and go back home to be in track meets...not fair. T_T If only I could stay longer or would have come this weekend.

Kas
04-14-2003, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by number18
Whoa, Kas...where in NYness are you driving that it takes 12 hours to get to MA? It takes like...4 hours to drive between Boston and NYC...and I would figure more northern parts of NY would be closer. But then again, more northern parts of PA are like 4 hours away from Philly...and driving from Philly to Boston takes about 6 hours. Bah!

And as for snow, I heard rumor at work that the last snowfall was supposed to be the last of it. I sure hope so, anyway.

Yep.. coming from NC.. I will probably stay up all night cause I want to get there for the clubhouse deal and meet everyone.. I checked weather.com and looks like the weather will be okay but I think it's gonna rain.. but hey.. it's better than snow.. ^.^

ooh #18.. some peeps I know is cosplaying DBZ characters.. I dunno when they are coming or what time.. it would be cool to get pics of you and them..

number18
04-14-2003, 06:58 PM
oooooh! DBZ cosplayers, nice!

Ahhh but this whole wig thing is such a downer! >.<!!!!!!!!!!1

And don't do anything stupid driving up all night. Get some no-doze or power nap or something...that stuff's dangerous to drive all night!

Xanatos
04-14-2003, 09:31 PM
:sulk: Grrrrr..... I probably can't go.... -_-
It ends on Easter and my family is big on Easter...
Plus, I was going too take the train but, I can't spring for a ticket so, I will just have too drive their and back and I have too work untill midnight Thursday anyway so, unless I can convince my Dad too loan me $350 I doubt I can get their in time......... :( :( :(

BUT,,, I Will Definetly Be At A-Kon !!!!!!! :bigtu:

hikura
04-17-2003, 04:03 PM
lialia.I did not forget you.You can still use my room for storage on saturday if you need it.Free of charge of course :D

lialia
04-17-2003, 05:52 PM
thank you hikura :) i might actually just get used to bringing my backpack around so i can do quick changes

especially for tomorroe umi will be on and off within a half hour *cringes*