PDA

View Full Version : Seriously need roomates

bamboocactus
05-06-2006, 08:07 PM
Hey, everyone. I'm sure you've all been in this situation before, the one where all your roomates cancel on you a month before the con? Good times, right? [Grumbles]

Well, I'm now finding myself with an empty (except for me) non-smoking quad, and a desperate need to fill it! 3 or 4 individuals would be absolutely fantastic, but I'm also really not in a position to be picky. I always run really great rooms at cons; very restful, very chill. We all always get along and have a great time, and I only have three rules:

1) Respect the other people in the room and their property
2) No drugs or alcohol in the room; get trashed on your own time
3) Check your drama-llama at the door!

Common sense! Sooo... If anybody would like a room for AMA, I'm wide open. PM me or reply for questions or details, or email me at jin@justinwestphal.com . As for the rate.. I'll probably get that from them tomorrow. They were supposed to send me an email confirmation, but didn't. All I remember was that it was a really fantastic rate; the best I've seen for any East Coast con I've been to.

Well, that's all from me for now. Hope to be hearing from some of you! And if you happen to know anyone who needs a room, send them my way, eh? :bigtu:

Bagu
05-08-2006, 02:23 PM
I've agreed to go in on the room with Bam. Hopefully there will be some room details soon (single bed/double bed).

I will bring an air mattress for those that are stuck on the floor.

I'll also be bringing some animes for late night movies, for those too tired to hit the raves and want to veg in the room. If you go in with us, please be sure to bring some movies :)

I'll also be bringing my laptop, so if you are taking pics and need web access to upload your photos, just bring your camera and usb cable. (heh lets hope the hotel has a decent wireless web).

Valgaav_Xellos
05-08-2006, 05:58 PM
I'll send some of Shelby's friends your way. ^-^

bamboocactus
05-08-2006, 08:29 PM
Just to bump the thread and clear up any questions:

-My room IS in the hotel that's connected to the convention centre.
-I DON'T have a fixed rate yet, we'll see how many people want in on the room, but I promise it won't be anything outrageous.
-Yes, the rate IS mildly negotiable once I figure one out :3

As usual, feel free to message me with any questions, concerns, et cetera!

orionflame
05-08-2006, 08:43 PM
Hey if you guys have anyone who needs a place to stay, please let me know. I would like to get at least one more girl in our room, I can fit more. And yes, my room is in the hotel that's connected to the convention centre.

bamboocactus
05-08-2006, 10:21 PM
Hey if you guys have anyone who needs a place to stay, please let me know. I would like to get at least one more girl in our room, I can fit more. And yes, my room is in the hotel that's connected to the convention centre.

Er, actually, I started this thread so that I could fill up my room, but if I find myself with too many people, I'll think of you. :bigtu:

JonnyStarwind
05-08-2006, 10:44 PM
Myself and 2 friends are looking for a place to crash while going to the con. We are more than willing to share. It will be 2 males (including myself) and possibly 1 female. Will get back to you on details if she is able to go.

orionflame
05-14-2006, 08:12 PM
Er, actually, I started this thread so that I could fill up my room, but if I find myself with too many people, I'll think of you. :bigtu:

Yeah, sorry about that. Actually I think because a lot of the people who said they were going to stay with me backed out I might just not do the room and stay with someone who is willing to have 3 girls. We may not even sleep in the room. We will pay for it. We just need a place to put our bags and crap. So if you are willing to do that, let me know.

bamboocactus
05-14-2006, 08:38 PM
Yeah, sorry about that. Actually I think because a lot of the people who said they were going to stay with me backed out I might just not do the room and stay with someone who is willing to have 3 girls. We may not even sleep in the room. We will pay for it. We just need a place to put our bags and crap. So if you are willing to do that, let me know.

Yep, that should probably be okay. I've got two guys for certain, and one of them might have two come along. So the maximum definite right now is 3, and the maximum possible is 5. 8 people to a quad should be... interesting. Nobody'll have to sleep in the tub, but floor space will be a touch scarce. :)

Valgaav_Xellos
05-15-2006, 07:09 PM
Bamboo- so you got yourself figured out now? or do you need anyone else? let me know and I'll do what i can to help. ^-^

bamboocactus
05-15-2006, 08:26 PM
Bamboo- so you got yourself figured out now? or do you need anyone else? let me know and I'll do what i can to help. ^-^

Yeah I'm set! Thanks for your help :) <3

orionflame
05-15-2006, 09:19 PM
Ok, Bamboo I'll hopefully let you know whats going on with us soon. By the way, if we come don't worry about sleeping space because we may not even be sleeping in the room. We just needed a place to put our crap. I may be staying with my b/f practically the whole time.

How much are you charging for the room anyway?

bamboocactus
05-15-2006, 09:44 PM
Ok, Bamboo I'll hopefully let you know whats going on with us soon. By the way, if we come don't worry about sleeping space because we may not even be sleeping in the room. We just needed a place to put our crap. I may be staying with my b/f practically the whole time.

How much are you charging for the room anyway?

It's looking like $35/night right now. You're lucky, I wish my girlfriend could stay with me the whole time! :P

Valgaav_Xellos
05-16-2006, 02:49 PM
It's looking like $35/night right now. You're lucky, I wish my girlfriend could stay with me the whole time! :P

sorry. xD;

orionflame
05-16-2006, 03:58 PM
Ok, we are trying to get our room canceled so we can stay with you guys. If it already went through, there is nothing we can do. So hopefully we should be fine.

bamboocactus
05-16-2006, 04:19 PM
Ok, we are trying to get our room canceled so we can stay with you guys. If it already went through, there is nothing we can do. So hopefully we should be fine.

You'll be okay. They only charge for cancellation if you do it like the week of the stay. Cool beans, I look forward to having you guys!

orionflame
05-17-2006, 10:31 AM
You'll be okay. They only charge for cancellation if you do it like the week of the stay. Cool beans, I look forward to having you guys!

Thanks. I should hopefully find out today whats going on. I'll let you know.

orionflame
05-21-2006, 08:35 PM
Ok. We got the room canceled so we are staying with you guys. Sometime before the con I just need to get your cell number so we know where to find you and ect...

bamboocactus
05-21-2006, 09:37 PM
Cool beans. I've PM'd you with details :)