PDA

View Full Version : Citan Uzuki

KaineMaxwell
02-26-2003, 07:59 AM
Anyone got ideas for doing a Citan (from Xenogears) cosplay?

khamryn
02-27-2003, 12:17 AM
Depends, what do you mean by ideas? ^_^ How to go about making it? ::s::

KaineMaxwell
02-27-2003, 06:34 AM
Yeah, pretty much. The wig and making the little circlet on my glasses shouldn't be an issue but I'm asking for ideas on putting the outfit together and such.

Zephyrs
02-27-2003, 11:58 AM
if you do a Citan costume at a con I'm going to, I will have a major fangirl moment ^_^

now that that's been said, I always imagined doing the white part as some sort of Arabic genie type pants. the green top almost looks like a modified and partially lengthened army/civil war uniform (maybe something like the four generals of Queen Beryl from sailor moon?) but flowing, nothing seems stiff at all.

then again I probably have no idea what I'm talking about but eh...

Raincrystal
02-27-2003, 01:02 PM
Citan is one of THOSE characters. The ones I stare at, and wonder, "If I glomp this person, will I scare or bother them...? I really want to..."

KaineMaxwell
02-27-2003, 06:56 PM
The hair is pretty much the same as Duo's braid, just less braided and the circlet on my glasses i can figure out. heck, be good to be able to include my glasses in a cosplay!

Romann
02-27-2003, 11:32 PM
Just to give you fair warning...If you cosplay as Uzuki, I will stalk you for a while....j/k

The top looks (from what I can remember) like a chinese style neck...If you could find a pic...it could be a little more easier to give ideas...

TheLoneWolf
02-28-2003, 01:18 AM
A small pic.
Cheers!

Mizuho
02-28-2003, 01:47 AM
Whatever you do, make sure the costume fits you. I've seen a lot of Citans who had outfits that were too big, and looked very saggy!

Anyway.... If you're going to Otakon as Citan, be sure to check out the Otakon board! There's a whole bunch of Xeno-Cosplayers planning to get together, and we'd love to see you. :)

khamryn
02-28-2003, 02:46 AM
I'll help in the morning--- been out and doin stuff alllll day. x.X

Feel free to IM: Vanyel Kechara or BlackHowlingGau or (yes, another one!) KhamValentine

^_^

May be faster to IM. ^_^

KaineMaxwell
02-28-2003, 06:31 AM
Thanks for the help so far guys!

Otakon is a huge maybe this year since I'm still jobless also.

Giant Alucard
02-28-2003, 06:56 AM
hahahahah...
this is cool, cause otakon I am going to cosplay as Fei Fong Wong. I think you can make the costume like a mens kimono (i think it is called an obi). You can just take the pattern and alter it a little bit. Don't worry about the jobless part, I have a job and it doesn't seem to help much. But you should talk to Psythe on the Otakon board. Most likly he knows somone who cosplayed as Citan, or knows how to get in touch with one, who could give you a hand. I look forward to seeing you in your costume. I will bow down to your greatness. By the way, are you going to have Citans sword as well??

Giant Alucard
02-28-2003, 06:58 AM
would anyone happen to have a pic of fei, it would help me alot.

KaineMaxwell
02-28-2003, 07:13 AM
Heh, problem is I have no sewing skillz. :P
And it was psythe's suggestion that got me intrested tot ry Citan.

Alucard, try here:
http://www.forcefedmultimedia.com/xenogears/

Giant Alucard
02-28-2003, 08:29 AM
feis pic's are not up yet, darn. I, like, have no sewing skillz either, but i use too. I have a friend who is willing to help me for a price, so i guess i am lucky for that. You could always look on ebay, you'd be surprised at the costumes you would find on there. But i think you'll find a way to pull off the costume.

CandyElly
02-28-2003, 11:29 AM
Ok I have never been known to say this...

But use a nice high quality satin :P You can tell it's shiny.

Recca-kun
02-28-2003, 11:29 AM
A pic of the main guys http://pacolyn.org/FF/Xenogears/misc/heroes.jpg

PM psythe or I for links and scans.

KaineMaxwell
02-28-2003, 12:45 PM
Actually the link I posted for Alucard earlier was one Psythe sent me. He's uploading Citan pics there this weekend sometime.

Raincrystal
02-28-2003, 06:05 PM
Meh... I HAD to wear my glasses in my cosplay and it was annoying as heck, because I don't actually need them except legally. I have mono vision and am used to only using one eye. So for a while, I was seeing double out of my glasses, and it gave me a headache. Then when the weekend was over and I stopped wearing them, it would take me a moment to focus on anything, and I got headaches again. Looking forward to it all over again at Otakon and possibly AX... =P

KaineMaxwell
03-01-2003, 08:40 AM
Actually I have to wear glasses anyhow. For whenever I do a Duo costume I'm planning to just wear my clip-on sunglasses with it- like Duo wore in one the GW episodes when he was lounging around one the colonies when he met Hilde.

KaineMaxwell
03-05-2003, 10:15 PM
Bumping up a bit

arcticayeka
03-06-2003, 11:59 PM
How come I never obtained such attention when I cosplay as the good doctor? Is my outfit no good?

-Doc

SyntaxGlitch
03-07-2003, 12:32 AM
I dressed as Dr. Uzuki at Ohayocon this year. :)

http://forums.cosplay.com/costume.php?s=&action=list&userid=2754

Sadly, I didn't have the time to get a lot of the details right... the glasses are all wrong, for instance. :(

At any rate, I'm hoping to be at Otakon as well, and I'll be wearing this costume there for the huge XG/XS group if nothing else.

KaineMaxwell
03-07-2003, 06:31 AM
Great looking costume! How'd you make it if I can ask?

SyntaxGlitch
03-07-2003, 10:06 AM
Begged and pleaded with my mother to help? (Mostly because it was a rush job... didn't start on it until a few days before the convention, which is why I couldn't get the shoes or glasses right. :\ )

But yeah, the tunic was just modified from a pattern for a similar shirt... the sashes are just lengths of satin... the hair is my own, so no wig... several bits are held together by safety pins, which you (hopefully) can't see... ^^;; It wasn't THAT complicated a costume, really.

I dunno, what do you want to know? ^^;

TheLoneWolf
03-11-2003, 01:45 PM
Alright guys,lemme tell you what you are looking for.Go upto any indian store/resturant,and ask where you can buy yourself a Shalwar Kameez (say: shall-war come-ease).And look for one that matches Citan's color and fabric.And oh yeah,did I mention that they're really high quality and cheap too? ^^