PDA

View Full Version : AniZona3 Plans

Tenucha
05-09-2006, 10:38 AM
Since this thread is kinda dead :(

What's everyone planning for AniZona3?
It's a bigger con... and actually gonna be moved to a convention center rather then the Embassy Suits! :D

Any cosplay ideas or who do you hope to see there from previous cons?
And who's attending Phoenix Cactus ComicCon, Phoenix Anime Festivel and Dark Con?

Gainax Boy
05-09-2006, 02:30 PM
I plan on being MC.. so far that's it ^^;;

(P.S. Avatar changed to show love to Anizona)

Tenucha
05-09-2006, 04:33 PM
lol
YAY AniZona love!!
Dude this thing is getting to be very community-like IMO, ya' know?
That's awesome!!

So you cosplaying at all?
Did'ja check my gallery for pics of you dancing with Kaite Baire? :D

Sirhc
05-10-2006, 12:00 PM
but i loved embasy suites. they gave free food and an open bar. OPEN BAR man!

hehe just kidding. i'm pretty sure i'll be there next year since its just a moderate drive from LV. i'll have something new to wear.

Tenucha
05-10-2006, 07:18 PM
Well this is an actual convention center... Which is awesome! I never been there but there maybe the COn Suits again and an open bar... however I never took advantage of the bar either time before lol.

You got an idea of your future cosplay?

vyrax778
05-10-2006, 09:25 PM
but i loved embasy suites. they gave free food and an open bar. OPEN BAR man!

hehe just kidding. i'm pretty sure i'll be there next year since its just a moderate drive from LV. i'll have something new to wear.

the open bar kicked ass.

Sirhc
05-11-2006, 06:27 PM
yes

<------(see icon)

hopefully will be done for anime vegas (in sept) and i will bring it and my gf who is going as Rin to AX/SDCC. (curses that hers is easier to get togeather)

natsukoarts
05-11-2006, 06:28 PM
dude, Sanzo missed the bar! -crap

Chibi Ice Wolf
05-11-2006, 07:55 PM
- [Celestial] Fuu Hououji (Magic Knight Rayerath)
- Sana Kurata (Kodomo no Omocha)
- Pink Power Ranger (Original series)
- Red & White Strawberry EGL =3
and another Final Fantasy swimsuit girl and a J-pop costume =o I hope anyways. Will probably change my mind as usual! XD
And Pajama Aeris if I get together a FF/KH PJ group, which would be fun! ^^

Yes I realize that's more than I will have time/energy to put together >.< I want to do them all though. D:

Tenucha
05-11-2006, 11:50 PM
- [Celestial] Fuu Hououji (Magic Knight Rayerath)
- Sana Kurata (Kodomo no Omocha)
- Pink Power Ranger (Original series)
- Red & White Strawberry EGL =3
and another Final Fantasy swimsuit girl and a J-pop costume =o I hope anyways. Will probably change my mind as usual! XD
And Pajama Aeris if I get together a FF/KH PJ group, which would be fun! ^^

Yes I realize that's more than I will have time/energy to put together >.< I want to do them all though. D:

Holy wow!!
0_0
That's more then I got planned!! lol
I just have Chris Redfield set. (part of a group with the female Vash and Wolfwood you may have seen at AniZona2... if not ther ein my gallery :P)
I'll probably bring back Spike 'cus that's a fun cosplay.
Depending on how my cosplay goes at Expo will probably if/when I wear 'em to AniZona.

I'd actually like to get my original Black Mage design going for next year....

Elynde
05-18-2006, 12:59 PM
My sister and I (the twin Bleach shinigami) will be at Anizona3, hands down. Going to switch from the random shinigami thing to actual characters though. I am thinking something along the lines of Unohana Retsu myself.

Bringing my little brother along too and he's either going to be Luffy from Onepiece or Shippo from Inuyasha. He hasn't decided which yet because he's not sure if he wants to dye his hair or wear a wig. He better decide soon though or I won't be able to wrangle the costume before school starts again. :)

Dark_Kratos
05-20-2006, 11:06 AM
well lets see...Im gonna be working as staff again so yeah...I'll be there and lets see what else?... Oh I'll be at Pheonix comicon (staff) and Pheonix anime fest (staff) and as for ani 3 yes we will be at the convention center and we will be staying at the marriot...which is the same for pcc...

as for costumes...
Xion - Bloody Roar
Tri-Edge- .Hack//Roots and G.U
Kratos - Tales of Symphoina

Tenucha
05-20-2006, 12:55 PM
Ya I'm kinda staff if not volenteer at Phoenix ComiCon.
I'm gonna call myself staff for now 'cus it sounds cool lol.
I'm with the Hobbyist group. i know I'll be doing somethign involving the console game room becasue thats the section I'm a MOD for on the Hobbyist site (Console gaming)

Phoenix Anime Fest looks neat. THe website looks very nice but I havn't been there in a while. MarkRox sent me the link.
I'm still so amazed at how many anime cons are in AZ all of a sudden! :o!

I'm still sorting out cosplay (especially when Expo is right aroudn the corner)... But I'm thinking
-Vash or Spike Spiegel
-Chris Redfield (default or alternitive)
-Custom Black Mage design

Right now I think it's important to know what you wanna do for next year allready so there's a better change and planning it and getting it ready before it becomes last minute

I deffintly know Vash will be doen after this Expo. I'll probably wear it again at ComicCon 'cus I'm sure that, for starters, the jacket will be fun to wear, and Johnny is a guest of honor there also (We are gonna try and get him to the Trigun Gathering at Expo)
Spike's been done for lasy year and so far aI have worn him every day for Anime Expo and AniZona 2.

Chris is saposed to be ready for Dark Con becasue I'm in a 'lil Resident Evil group.

Black Mage woul dbe awesome but I'm thinking about it.

I also got people demanding I cosplay Leon and Wesker (Resident Evil), Dante (Devil May Cry), and Arucard (Hellsing... assuming it doesnt get done in time for this Expo)

nerdgirlix
05-20-2006, 11:27 PM
I'm not sure, but I know if they do the final fantasy swimsuit thing again, I am going to do a Princess Garnet swimsuit.

The Mer
05-24-2006, 01:00 AM
Dunno yet. Will definately bring Kankurou again. I'll definately have more than one this year.

kat-thefox
06-05-2006, 07:56 PM
Me and my good buddy seem to have some problem with cosplaying people that anybody actually recognizes: We were Kotetsu and Izumo at AniZona2, and we're thinking of dabbling into the Violinist of Hamelin fandom for AniZona3.

This time we're planning on doing more than one costume each, though. We'll probably think up some other Naruto duo again. =3

Tenucha
06-05-2006, 10:44 PM
Never even heard of those series/characters :P
Then again i dont watch naruto hehe.

Ya I got a couple upcoming cosplay that have the potential of NOT being reconized ><;

The Mer
06-06-2006, 12:40 AM
Me and my good buddy seem to have some problem with cosplaying people that anybody actually recognizes: We were Kotetsu and Izumo at AniZona2, and we're thinking of dabbling into the Violinist of Hamelin fandom for AniZona3.

This time we're planning on doing more than one costume each, though. We'll probably think up some other Naruto duo again. =3

Ah! I loved you guys. I got some good pics of ya too! Eh, I wouldn't worry about characters no one but fans recognize.. those are the best in my opinion cause then you get to meet some cool people. On the other hand, getting no pictures taken is kinda lame in a way.

avitjacobson
06-08-2006, 10:35 PM
I plan to consider going. Of course, if this one is going to be guestless like last year, i might not bother. If I do, I'll plan on bringing my Iroh costume.

Kazukii
06-08-2006, 11:11 PM
- Kimimaro (Naruto)
- Kiba (For a friend)
- Mana (Bloody Roar)
- Kadaj (Having a group with this.)
- Jin (Samurai Champloo) - Maybe
- Secret costume x3 (It'll be a nice surprise to Naruto fans)- Already working on. :angel2:
And seeing how many people liked my Kuro, I might bring that along. :toothy:

Most of those costumes are pretty basic, so I'm sure I can whip them all up before Anizona. -nod nod-

Tenucha
06-09-2006, 02:07 PM
I plan to consider going. Of course, if this one is going to be guestless like last year, i might not bother. If I do, I'll plan on bringing my Iroh costume.
Guestless? What do you mean?!
We had some great guests!
This year it's gonna be held at the Mesa Convention Center rather then that hotel. The guest from last year/this year (AniZona 2) want to come back becasuse they had a great time... and there working on getting actual Jrock back and more guests of course

ApolloNoUta
06-16-2006, 10:57 AM
I will hopefully go as Wolfwood, Chibodee Crocket, and perhaps.... *looks at first post on page 2* Perhaps Flute, if my hair gets long enough. (And if I actually get to watch VoH...)

-楓弥-
06-17-2006, 02:20 AM
I'm thinking about whether or not I should do more Jrock this year.
Since everyone at the con is more anime than Jrock. xDDD
I can give it a try and see if anyone reconizes though.

Kuroda Michihiro [Wish Matrix] >> Iceman
Monkey D. Luffy [Davy Back Fight] >> One Piece
Aoi [Relia] >> Gazette*
*Will probably change later

Mmm...yep. I threw in some One Piece. Because everyone loves One Piece.
<333

Icaruspunk
06-19-2006, 06:02 PM
:eek: I'm planning on going and it will be my first con. I'm nervous and excited. I'm planning on going as sephiroth (yes I know that there is alot). Can anyone tell me what to expect?

Tenucha
06-20-2006, 02:38 AM
It's hard to say.
AniZona 3 has a larger cap and is at a large rlace (Mesa Convention Center vs. hotel)

If it were anything like the last 2... I'd say expect alot of Industry Panels... VA panels a fair amounf of cosplayers (seems like more are not in cosplay) and the unorganization of the group.

However AniZona3 sounds much bigger... not just in cap limit... so it's hard to say.
They are aiming for real arcade machines, J Rock band, and more to offer and so on

Grey Finch
06-22-2006, 03:57 AM
Well, I'll definitely be going as Wolfwood and dragging my Vash friend to the Phoenix Comic-Con (to show my appreciation when Johnny's there! :D)

As for AniZona3, I have no idea who I'll be going as (but I'm definitely not gonna miss it this year!) I'm thinking maybe Dark Link, Mugen, or a Samurai Nobody from KH2. It all depends on how busy I'll be/how much time I'll have.

Icaruspunk
06-23-2006, 09:22 PM
It sounds like it will be a lot of chotic fun. ROCK ON!!! I'm going even if I have to hitchhike. I guess I'll see you all there!

Tenucha
06-26-2006, 03:44 AM
Awesome! Cosplay plans, Icaruspunk?

-楓弥-
06-27-2006, 01:30 PM
Oh wow, AniZona III is going to be at the Mesa Convention center?

I DIDN'T EVEN KNOW THAT WE HAD A CONVENTION CENTER. *slaps things*

That makes things SO MUCH easier for me. I don't even have to get a hotel. I live like a mile from it. xDDD

Tenucha
06-27-2006, 10:24 PM
:(
Ya I live, like, 5min away from where AniZona2 was! VERY easy! That 5min was spent on the freeway 'cus I live right off of it! lol

Ya... Mesa Con. Center might be a 'lil far from me :S Not all that sure

jaiitup
07-14-2006, 04:31 PM
next years anizona 3 is going to be prettty close to where i live. i might actually go as Conrad from Kyou Kara Maou this time, i meant to to as Conrad at AX, but decided not to.

ZERO//.2K
07-19-2006, 12:31 AM
Here's my list:

ロクサス「トワイライト・タウンw/過ぎ去りし思い出と約束のお守り」
Roxas(TWTTN Outfit w/ The Oblivion and Oathkeeper)

クラウド「A・Cバスター無い」
Cloud(AC, No Buster Sword)

アクセルw/二チャクラム
Axel w/ Chakrams

Elvy
07-20-2006, 12:11 PM
Chances are I'll be staff for karaoke again at AZ3. AniZona's a bit of a sentimental thing for me due to the hard work it took as committee during AZ1. =)

The Mesa Convention Center is pretty spacious. It's right near the Mesa Community College if anyone's been there before. The Otaku University Conference will also be held there (and we're so excited!), so a lot of people are going to get pretty familiar with the place. Maybe some day either AZ, PAF, PCC, or OU will take on the Civic Center in Phoenix. (Yay to wishful thinking!)

Tenucha
07-21-2006, 03:31 AM
I go to the Glendale Community College...
But was looking into attending Mesa. I'll have to use that as a landmark and check maps again haha. :)

Otaku University sounds SOO amazing and promising

As long as there's a goriwng audence then the cons need to move to bigger locations.
I know of AniZona and Phoenix Cactus ComiCon... what are the others listed?

Elvy
07-21-2006, 08:37 AM
The Civic Center would be the next logistical choice when growing bigger I'm guessing. LOL

AZ = AniZona
PAF = Phoenix Anime Fest
PCC = Phoenix Comic Con
OU = Otaku University

Then there's Dark Con and the others, but they aren't exactly anime-exclusive (well..neither is PCC technically) and have been around the block for a while. :geek:

Tenucha
07-21-2006, 12:09 PM
OOoohh ok.
I'm still not sure about Anime Fest... ANd it's not even liste donthis site yet o_0

I am going to AniZone 3 and I'm staff for ComiCon.
I'm really looking foward to Otaku University and I'm still debating about Dark Con.

Wow... I remember back a few years ago when there was no Anime stuff going on at all in AZ... Now lookit all these events X_X

Elvy
07-21-2006, 04:11 PM
You should stop by Taiko on Ray and Cooper tomorrow around noon if you're interested in OU and any staffing possibilities. We're doing our first meet-n-greet tomorrow to see if we can't more people to add to the committee ranks and all.

Yeah, before '05 there wasn't too much going on in the anime event area for Arizona. Then after AniZona that all changed. LOL Amazing, isn't it?

Technically there are still a lot of game, sci-fi, and comic conventions in AZ...gotta give them props where it's due.

FFrikku
07-21-2006, 06:10 PM
hey, my best friend lives in Arizona, and she's like, alone and con-less (Yuma). where and when are the next cons in AZ? thanx!

Tenucha
07-21-2006, 10:34 PM
Phoenix Cactus ComiCon is coming up Setpember 23 and 24 at Mesa Convention Center.

Otaku University, thou not an actual CONVENTION is Sept. 28-30 at Mesa Convention Center and Marriot Hotel Mesa

Phoenix Anime Fest is in December 1-3 Wyndham Phoenix Hotel
Dark Con is in January 4-7 at Embassy Suits off the 1-17 and Greenway.

AniZona 3 is during Easter Weekend and this year the'll be at Mesa Convention Center.

Also, Atomic Comics usually holds some kind of cosplay event once a month or so so I would check them out also.

Your friend should sign up to http://www.hobbyistsparadise.com/ (especially if she wants some friends) as we try to stay up to date with the conventions as well as hosting our own gatheirngs and such.

FFrikku
07-22-2006, 09:27 AM
thanx much!

Sailor Phoenix
07-29-2006, 06:14 AM
OOoohh ok.
I'm still not sure about Anime Fest... ANd it's not even liste donthis site yet o_0

I am going to AniZone 3 and I'm staff for ComiCon.
I'm really looking foward to Otaku University and I'm still debating about Dark Con.

Wow... I remember back a few years ago when there was no Anime stuff going on at all in AZ... Now lookit all these events X_X

^^; I know if you look under OTHER CONs on the the main Forum page you will find PCC AND PAF threads in there. I started the PAF one ^^;

Im also really looking foward to all the other cons and Otaku University ^^ Everything is just about a mile away from my house ^0^

Sailor Phoenix
07-29-2006, 06:43 AM
For some reason I can't edit my last post. But here are the links for the other cons threads.

Phoenix Cacuts Comicon
http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=77106

Phoenix Anime Festival 2006
http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=84716

Otaku University Conference (9/28/07)
http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=87921

kh2_obsession
07-30-2006, 10:45 AM
Hmm...I might actully go to this one since its where i live and my parents might let me. I mean its only like 15 minutes from out house XD. I really hope i can go it would be so much fun

Tenucha
07-31-2006, 01:03 AM
I finally drove out into the general area the other night for the Mesa Atomic Comics Anime Fest cosplay contest.
I really thought it would be a 'lil further away or something.
Thank goodness it's not... Still more of a drive then it was in it's original location from my house (5min)

blondiesama
08-02-2006, 09:30 AM
This past year was my first year cosplaying. I was Advent Children Cloud in the masquerade with Aeris and Zack. ^_^

This year I going as the following:

Momiji Sohma- Fruits Basket
Utena Tenjou(part of group cosplay)- Revolutionary Girl Utena
Alexia Ashford- Resident Evil: Code Veronica
MAYBE Zidane Tribal- Final Fantasy IX

Hope they all come out well. Good luck to everyone else!

Tenucha
08-02-2006, 08:38 PM
OHH awesome!! Alexia Ashford?!!

You should check out the AniZona fourms as well http://www.anizona.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1030

I'm trying to organize a Resident Evil gathering at AniZona.
I'll be there as either Billy Coen or Chris Redfield... whichever is easiest to pull off or closest to complition.

IF the cosplay does happen we should have an Ashley and Leon (RE4), Claire Redfield, Barry Burton and Ada.
Two of my friends for Cali may show up also and if so we'll have another Claire and a Cindy Lennox (Outbreak).... MAYBE a Carlos Olivera (Nemesis) if he comes with the girls...

Vitality
08-06-2006, 08:05 PM
I think I am.... Carlos is getting closer to completion ^_^ All I need is the flat top. ^_^ Count me in ^_^

Tenucha
08-07-2006, 11:12 AM
Awesome dude!!
Ar eyou bringing Angela and Rachael? And is Dot going?

kh2_obsession
08-13-2006, 06:16 PM
W00t! I got my friend into cosplaying he want to go with me to AniZona 3 now. So if you see a Kairi and Deep dive riku, or a cloud and aerith walking around its me and my friend derek =) lol. Though i might want to talk to my parents still...havent done that yet...might be a good thing to do lol

Tenucha
08-14-2006, 12:46 AM
Maybe ;)
Do you have pics of Cloud and Areith? Since there are, like, half a dozen people cosplaying that couple :P
And who's Deep Dive Riku?

kh2_obsession
08-14-2006, 08:47 AM
haha ya i should have thought of that...deep dive riku is the blindfolded riku from kingdom heart 2. also knows as the unknown Riku. But whatever, once we actully make out costumes and stuff i will be glad to put pictures up.

NiGHTS Chao
08-15-2006, 08:26 PM
I <3 AniZona
Im going to cosplay as Gaara this year (my first time cosplaying <3)

Kazukii
08-16-2006, 02:20 PM
Gaara?
X3 Sweet, i'll look for you there.
I know there might be a Naruto cosplay gathering as well, since a few people have already decided about going to do Naruto characters, and we've been getting a rather decent group going. :3

Me and my friend are doing two characters from Naru. as well. =3

kh2_obsession
08-18-2006, 06:44 PM
Well its now official. I just got permission from both my parents to go to AniZona 3 with my best friend =). we are going out tomorrow to get fabric for one of his costumes and fabric for my second costume, yay i cant wait im so excited only like 7 and a half months XD

Tenucha
08-25-2006, 02:58 AM
wow... it's coming right up huh?! X_X

I still only have my Spike cosplay! XD

I also love AniZona... it's alot of fun

kh2_obsession
08-25-2006, 08:59 AM
I dont even have one costume done o_0

well my kairi is almost done, but i still need to make Aerith, and then Riku and cloud for my firend.

Damn you guys who cant sew!

But i cant wait till AniZona it will be so much fun, though i only get to go for 2 days =(

Kazukii
08-25-2006, 02:13 PM
Aww, even if it is only two days, you'll still have a blast. Which two days is it? o.o

My Kiba costume is nearing completion, only need to work on Akamaru next, already have his head mostly done. Phew. X3

kh2_obsession
08-25-2006, 05:05 PM
Aww, even if it is only two days, you'll still have a blast. Which two days is it? o.o

My Kiba costume is nearing completion, only need to work on Akamaru next, already have his head mostly done. Phew. X3
Friday the 6 and Saturday 7 (day 2 and 3), I might might might get to go thurday, if my mother lets me skip school. hehe, but ya i can go Sunday because its Easter...stupid Easter...oh well

Shiya Wind
08-25-2006, 10:25 PM
I hope to go since I didn't get to go last year. My friend will be going with me, and hopefully I'll have warrior yuna done. x3

xcascax
08-26-2006, 04:05 AM
I know for sure I'll be going but as what I have no idea of my list yet, so far:
?Ashley -Resident Evil 4?
Ryoko (battle suit) -Tenchi Muyo!
Tidus -FFX
Shira -Blade of the Immortal
Slann (Lady GodHand) -Berserk
Casca (hawk leader) -Berserk
Ayane (C1) -Dead or Alive 4
Aika -Skies of Arcade
so far

And (maybe) my boyfriend will bring:
Master GodHand -Berserk
Magatsu -Blade of the Immortal
Kakashi -Naruto
Tenchi (Battle suit) -Tenchi Muyo!
Vyse -Skies of Arcade
and maybe the right hand from Resident Evil 4 if I can drug him then dress him and drag him to the gathering XDD

kh2_obsession
08-28-2006, 05:17 PM
w00t im officially going to AniZona3 now. yay. my mommy just bought the tickets yesterday.

ACK! i have to make costumes...i still need to make my friend orgy and cloud costumes and finish my aerith costume! AHH. haha jk. but i do need to get to work...hmmm

Kazukii
08-31-2006, 02:36 PM
Friday the 6 and Saturday 7 (day 2 and 3), I might might might get to go thurday, if my mother lets me skip school. hehe, but ya i can go Sunday because its Easter...stupid Easter...oh well

Um, Anizona isn't going to be happening on Thursday...well. Atleast nothing really great or anything. You just go to pick up your badges, and probably stay for some movie previews like they had last year. But that's about it. =/

The con itself starts up on Friday, and Saturday is the biggest day, so glad you could make it to that one. It's cosplay day hehe.

ACK! i have to make costumes...i still need to make my friend orgy and cloud costumes and finish my aerith costume! AHH. haha jk. but i do need to get to work...hmmm

._. Orgy? Lol XD

Those are pretty basic costumes. So I'm sure you'll be able to make it in time.

kh2_obsession
08-31-2006, 06:36 PM
._. Orgy? Lol XD

Those are pretty basic costumes. So I'm sure you'll be able to make it in time.organization 13. idk i hope i can, im kinda new to sewing o_0

Grey Finch
08-31-2006, 10:18 PM
Hmm... I should probably stop being lazy and register for this soon. XD;

I'm having a hard time choosing what costumes to wear though. I kinda wanted to go in a big group or just find people wearing something from the same series and meet with them... Buuut it's far enough away that I could probably make a new costume too. Does anyone have any suggestions? <3

Kazukii
08-31-2006, 11:55 PM
organization 13. idk i hope i can, im kinda new to sewing o_0

Ick, yeah that may prove difficult. But still, the costumes are kinda easy, so hopefully things with go alright ^^;

I'm having a hard time choosing what costumes to wear though. I kinda wanted to go in a big group or just find people wearing something from the same series and meet with them... Buuut it's far enough away that I could probably make a new costume too. Does anyone have any suggestions? <3

No suggestions off the top of my head, and I dunno any animes you may like...buuuttt...I see you got a Wolfie.
<< >> I have a Kuro Neko.
<< >> Photoness.
:bouncer:

Kyd Wykkyd
09-01-2006, 02:40 PM
Hmm...

I'll see if I can make it to AniZona since I'll probably be living in AZ around that time [hopefully].

Maybe I'll even have a costume or money!

But really, I'd have to choose between Fanime or AniZona.

I'm broke. :D

Grey Finch
09-01-2006, 04:26 PM
XD Yes, I do have a Wolfie. I'm sure I'll probably end up wearing that for one of the days, but I dunno which one. If you were planning to go as Kuroneko though, I would definitely have to. >D

This'll be my first year going to Anizona though. Is it really crowded? (IE, will I have to worry about hitting people with the big cross? x_x)

Kazukii
09-01-2006, 05:23 PM
xD woot! pics! And yeah, I'll most likely bring my Kuro, people loved it, so kinda gotta please em xD

Anizona at the hotels wasn't that bad. I mean, if you go out in the open and whatnot, it really wasn't that crowded. It's only when you got to the vending rooms and around the tent area was it kinda crowded. But I'm sure the cross won't be an issue. I had a friend do Wolfie last year, and we carried around his cross for him and it worked decently. ^^;

Grey Finch
09-01-2006, 05:43 PM
Sweet >D Then I'll plan to go as Wolfwood on one of the days. I can try and bring my friend to go as Vash too, if he stops being lazy and starts repairing the coat... (one of the pieces got lost >_>)

Kazukii
09-01-2006, 06:35 PM
Yay!
Inform me of which day, so I can wander around in it on that one, since by then I'll have a few more costumes to wear there. ^^;

Ick. That stinks Oo; I never heard of that happening lol.

Grey Finch
09-01-2006, 06:46 PM
Yeeah, I had to give him kind of a strange look when he told me. How do you lose the entire front of your coat? XD Oh well. Yes, I will keep you posted on the Wolfwood plan. >D

I'm kind of hoping my Pip Bernadette and Mugen costumes will be done by then too (I'm pretty sure Mugen will, but Pip is a big "eeeh"). I might be able to bugger my friend into being Jin, but we'll see. It'd just mean more work for me though u_u I'm the one who sews.

Tenucha
09-02-2006, 07:21 PM
Anizona at the hotels wasn't that bad. I mean, if you go out in the open and whatnot, it really wasn't that crowded. It's only when you got to the vending rooms and around the tent area was it kinda crowded. But I'm sure the cross won't be an issue. I had a friend do Wolfie last year, and we carried around his cross for him and it worked decently. ^^;

Ya AniZona 1 and 2 was fortunate to have a mostly out door convention.
I say mostly fortuante becasue this is Arizona and it gets HOT... FAST!!
Today it reached atleast 120 by the time I got off work around 3.

Ya I ended up carrying Nerdgirlx's Wolfwood cross for a bit... what pissed her off more was that people were taking pics of me with it (there's one pic of it in my AniZona 2 gallery).. the worst case was that people thought I was Wolfwood.... WTF?!!

I'm kind of hoping my Pip Bernadette and Mugen costumes will be done by then too (I'm pretty sure Mugen will, but Pip is a big "eeeh"). I might be able to bugger my friend into being Jin, but we'll see. It'd just mean more work for me though u_u I'm the one who sews.

lol
That's funny becasue I'm trying to plan both Mugen AND Jin for myself! XD
Mugen's a pain to plan becasue of his unique sword and those wooden sandles... I have a size 16 foot. Ya right am I gonna be able to buy a pair!

Grey Finch
09-02-2006, 10:46 PM
XD Nice. Mugen was actually kind of a spur of the moment thing for me (I really should be working on Pip ><) but it's coming along nicely! :D

Ouch. Good luck with those shoes man. XD

Tenucha
09-03-2006, 12:07 AM
haha.
I actually have a friend here in AZ who should be able to make me a pair and include something that looks like metal on the bottom... the swords, on the other hand, I'll have to look elsewhere.
I'm not sure how I'd be able to make that myself :(

And Jin has 2 swords... ><;
I could probably just buy a couple swords... But I know there are 'lil design details on those as well... grr

Grey Finch
09-03-2006, 12:40 AM
Oh, that's good :D I got a pair of geta at that House of Rice store in Scottsdale, and they fit pretty well. I dunno what I'm gonna do about the metal bottoms though, but I'll figure something out in time.

Yeah, I'm kinda wondering how I'm gonna do my sword too. I was thinking of just using the pink insulating foam technique because I actually know how to do that XD I'm afraid it would break though if I started hitting things with it.

Must learn self control by Anizona3. XD;

Sailor Phoenix
09-03-2006, 05:39 AM
I got a pair of geta at that House of Rice store in Scottsdale http://houserice.stores.yahoo.net/index.html I love this place! ^-^

Tenucha
09-03-2006, 09:32 AM
For someone like me... What are a size of Geta that I could maybe look into?
I normally wear a size 15 or 16 (depending on cut).

These all seem to be measured in In. rather then feet.

Grey Finch
09-10-2006, 10:29 PM
Hmm. Well, a size 15 is 12.31 inches, and House of Rice only sells 9 1/2 and 10 inches... so other than suggesting to make them (or get someone else to as you mentioned earlier ;D) you could try this place: http://www.karankoron.com/online_shop_top.html

Although I think it's more pricey than House of Rice. Hope that helped some. ^^

SycoTik
09-16-2006, 01:58 AM
Since this thread is kinda dead :(

What's everyone planning for AniZona3?
It's a bigger con... and actually gonna be moved to a convention center rather then the Embassy Suits! :D

Any cosplay ideas or who do you hope to see there from previous cons?
And who's attending Phoenix Cactus ComicCon, Phoenix Anime Festivel and Dark Con?

I seriously need to know when what is going on since I'm fairly new to all the cosplaying. That and I need aspirin :(

Tsuiren
09-16-2006, 07:29 PM
Hrm... I really really really REALLY want to cosplay Hotaru from .Hack//DUSK, but none of my friends want to do that. :'D I'll be like... A LONE TWILIGHTER. I think I'll save Hotaru for AX though, maybe... I have no idea. xD I'm just ranting. But I will be there! <3333333333333

SycoTik
09-16-2006, 08:12 PM
Hrm... I really really really REALLY want to cosplay Hotaru from .Hack//DUSK, but none of my friends want to do that. :'D I'll be like... A LONE TWILIGHTER. I think I'll save Hotaru for AX though, maybe... I have no idea. xD I'm just ranting. But I will be there! <3333333333333

Excusee moi, but um, what is this AX? I wanted to know about any upcoming conventions or gatherings since Im new to this. :chatah:

Tenucha
09-16-2006, 11:45 PM
AX is short for Anime Expo. It's the largest West Coast Anime Convention in America.
Last year it was in Anaheim, CA... the 2007 AX shall be taking place just before 4th of July Weekend this time and at the Long Beach Convention Center.

As for Arizona...
There's Phoenix Cactus ComiCon coming up Sept 23 and 24 at the Mesa COnvention Center.

In December there's Phoenix Anime Fest... January there's Dark Con which is not necesserly Anime... Easter Weekend is when AniZona 3 is taking place this time at the Mesa Convention center as well

SycoTik
09-17-2006, 02:11 AM
AX is short for Anime Expo. It's the largest West Coast Anime Convention in America.
Last year it was in Anaheim, CA... the 2007 AX shall be taking place just before 4th of July Weekend this time and at the Long Beach Convention Center.

As for Arizona...
There's Phoenix Cactus ComiCon coming up Sept 23 and 24 at the Mesa COnvention Center.

In December there's Phoenix Anime Fest... January there's Dark Con which is not necesserly Anime... Easter Weekend is when AniZona 3 is taking place this time at the Mesa Convention center as well

AWESOME! I will most likely check out the Phoenix Anime Fest since it's alot closer for me to get to. Although I wont have anyone to go with, don't know many people out here in Arizona.

Rage
09-19-2006, 12:46 AM
Okies... methinks that I will have my Rock Lee cosplay done by next AniZona, as well as Duct Tape Serenity and Seras V2 :D

Tenucha
09-19-2006, 01:22 AM
Okies... methinks that I will have my Rock Lee cosplay done by next AniZona, as well as Duct Tape Serenity and Seras V2 :D

Hey! You're one of those Seras from AniZona!! I got your pic in my gallery haha. I dunno if you remember me from last year XD

Cool Rock Lee!!
Only Naruto character I like! haha

SycoTik
09-19-2006, 01:27 AM
Wonder if I can make myself into a giant paper mache of Don Patch....Hmmmm

Ah well, would be easier to dress up like Kabuto from Naruto. :p

Lemon Fox
09-19-2006, 03:52 AM
This is for who I'd like to do, but not sure for AniZona 3:

Reki from .hack//Legend of the Twilight
A Lolita
And I REALLY want to do either a blue mage or paladin from Final Fantasy Tactics Advance.

I'll be at PCC as staff, but I'm only going to be donning a Lolita for Saturday [this weekend :cheers: ].

Tenucha
09-20-2006, 03:42 PM
You're gonna be at PCC on staff also?
Where you staffing?
I'm in the Console Gaming room.

Hmm... for Final Fantasy I wanna do a Black Mage but make it my own :)
It would be baised off old school but using FFIX details (as those Black Mage were more fleashed out in detail then previous titles)

SycoTik
09-20-2006, 10:17 PM
I wonder if anyone is gonna be throwing some room parties at the hotel the Phoenix Anime Festival is being held, cuz I haven't been to one of those before. Havent been to the masqerade balls either but I wanna know all about these things. :D

Kazukii
09-21-2006, 12:49 AM
Room parties will only get the people kicked out. o.O; I do believe people will do it regardless, basically the drunks and whatnot.

But eh, don't know of any room parties as of yet.

SycoTik
09-21-2006, 03:05 AM
Room parties will only get the people kicked out. o.O; I do believe people will do it regardless, basically the drunks and whatnot.

But eh, don't know of any room parties as of yet.

So have you been to one or know anyone who has been to one? I would wanna go just to see who from the festival shows up and why. Drinking isn't a big issue to me but I do know the hotels policy on it so I can see why someone would get kicked out, just hope they don't get banned from the con or anything lame like that. Shutting the party down would be fair enough.

Tenucha
09-21-2006, 03:12 AM
This IS a fourm for AniZona, BTW.
Not Anime Fest.

And ya... chances are there will be room parties.
They got a 'lil over the top at Anime Expo.
Probably a good thing it's relocated to Long Beach... The Sheriton I was staying at was thoughly trashed as was the sounding areas.
We Anime con goers deffently look bad I'm sure ><;

At any rate... PCC is this weekend so I'll get to be at the Mesa Con Center site. It'll be neat to see where ANiZOna's gonna be held next year

SycoTik
09-21-2006, 03:19 AM
This IS a fourm for AniZona, BTW.
Not Anime Fest.

And ya... chances are there will be room parties.
They got a 'lil over the top at Anime Expo.
Probably a good thing it's relocated to Long Beach... The Sheriton I was staying at was thoughly trashed as was the sounding areas.
We Anime con goers deffently look bad I'm sure ><;

At any rate... PCC is this weekend so I'll get to be at the Mesa Con Center site. It'll be neat to see where ANiZOna's gonna be held next year

Wish I could go but I havent bought tickers plus Mesa is waaaaaaaaay too far for me, I live Surprise. And yes IT IS a thread for ANiZona and not for the Phoenix Anime Festival which I'll now dubbed The PAC ^_^ I was just discussing things related to both which happen to be room parties and whom in Arizona is going to either one since my other thread isnt getting much responses......3 people live in Arizona that post in Cosplay? CMON! :::slams head on keyboard::::: :lost:

SycoTik
09-21-2006, 03:26 AM
hmmmmm, it's an hour from my place...........

Sailor Phoenix
09-21-2006, 06:00 AM
*Lives in AZ* ^^ *Is going to PCC and meeting everybody from other sites and friends* Can't wait to see you again Toshi *^^*

jaiitup
09-25-2006, 08:29 AM
I still need to work on my new stuff.

Kazukii
09-25-2006, 02:18 PM
So have you been to one or know anyone who has been to one? I would wanna go just to see who from the festival shows up and why. Drinking isn't a big issue to me but I do know the hotels policy on it so I can see why someone would get kicked out, just hope they don't get banned from the con or anything lame like that. Shutting the party down would be fair enough.

...I choose not to get involved with them. I am not the type of person who goes to those. You want to get involved with the older group, like the 20+, they threw parties last year, and got the dances really wild at Anizona. People running around half naked, drunk, etc.
I know others who go, yes, but I'm not supplying party-goers or anything. Since this is a con for all age groups, and littler kids and whatnot shouldn't have to be in the same area with drunks. It's annoying. I just hope next year they kick them out. :sulk:

SycoTik
09-25-2006, 10:54 PM
...I choose not to get involved with them. I am not the type of person who goes to those. You want to get involved with the older group, like the 20+, they threw parties last year, and got the dances really wild at Anizona. People running around half naked, drunk, etc.
I know others who go, yes, but I'm not supplying party-goers or anything. Since this is a con for all age groups, and littler kids and whatnot shouldn't have to be in the same area with drunks. It's annoying. I just hope next year they kick them out. :sulk:

So it's that bad huh? Im over the drinking age. Did you write "People Running Around Half Naked"? Huh?!?!?!!!

SohjiroX
09-30-2006, 05:16 AM
My list goes as fallow for Anizona 3,

Host Club: Kyouya nor., Kyouya Sum., Kyouya street clothes
KH2: Roxas, Org. XIII Roxas
BLEACH: Shuuei shin., Shuuei Street clothes
Cowboy Bebop: Secret
Naruto: Kakashi inst., Kakashi Anbu, Kiba
FF7LO: S. Cloud ((maybe))
RE: Steve
FF7C: Turk (dont know if it will be Reno, or just some Turk, possibly Vincent Turk.), Rom Hart (rp turk)
Hellsing: Young Walter
Kenshin: Soujiro Seta ((if i can finish it or have someone finish it.))

This list is for this con, I will not be changing this anymore and if I add anything it will be for personal reasons for that costume, be it for someone or myself and only for a short time.

Good luck to all the cosplayers who are preping for this con.

EDITED ALL

Rage
10-01-2006, 03:29 PM
I'll be sure to look for you as Kyouya... I may have my Haruhi done by then :3

SohjiroX
10-02-2006, 11:20 PM
Ok, you'll see me easily at opening ceremonies.

SycoTik
10-04-2006, 04:27 AM
What is this land called "May-suh?"

SohjiroX
10-04-2006, 09:56 AM
The convention grounds look pretty good, so I believe that a few locations that I looked over are going to be packed with cosplayers for photo's and more. area's are a fountain like pound near the pool. A nice X shaped, how should i put it, this is an X shape like spot that has stairs leading up from all four parts up to a sit or stand photo area. Next to that there are many grass spots and even a nice little open area for photos near by. The inside is a bit cramped but none the less easy to find people and great to get entry to locations need to get to. This info though is only from eyes on and talked with the hotel vip director, sure it was a different title but, and she gave me enough info to pretty much say this will be a nice spot, not a great spot for the con, but a nice spot to see it at for now.

BlackDelo
10-04-2006, 10:43 AM
I heard the new place is gonna be pretty good. Covers a lot of ground. I am gonna miss that open bar at the Embassy Suites, though. but i'm sure I'll more than make up for it. ^_~ Anyway, i have a good feeling this years Anizona will be flippin sweet.

SohjiroX: Haven't heard from you man. Good to see you're still alive.

Written on a comment card at the Embassy Suites: I thank God for every moment of that free open bar. I love this hotel. oo-rah!

Tenucha
10-06-2006, 10:33 AM
Here are my pics from Phoenix Cactus ComiCon (PCC).
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v180/ToshiMustgrind/ComiCon/

This is for
1) Those of you who went to PCC to see another attendee (well... volenteer) gallery and look for yourself... despite it not being AniZona
2) Getting a look around at some of the locations offered for photogrpahy.

There are quit a few places around the center that will work very nicely for photoshoot spots...
Unfortuantly I sill feel Mesa Con. Center is way to small especially if AniZona is moving from that resort to this larger location...

I am kinda late considering this was towards the end of September... However I figured these pics might help out a 'lil bit in looking at some of the locations.
I still need to resize these images and upload them to my Cosplay.com gallery

BlackDelo: For your drinking enjoyment, There is an open bar at what would probably be the host hotel. There's also an actual bar right outside from the front doors of the host hotel. Neither one I went to 'cus I was too busy trying to not fall asleep while working on an empty stomach XD

lady-hinata
10-06-2006, 09:07 PM
Anizona 3 plans:
1. Timejump Hinata from Naruto(redoing)
2. Mana's black wedding dress from Malice Mizer
3. Hinata in flame kimono from Naruto
4. white mushroom from Kingdom Hearts
5. Tifa from Final Fantasy VII AC

Vasyenka
10-09-2006, 01:36 AM
AniZona 3 plans?

BAH. It's waaaaay too soon for me to be planning it. D: I normally plan about... three months beforehand. Although, I'll probably bring along my usual Duo Maxwell costume. Somewhere in there.

BlackDelo
10-09-2006, 03:15 PM
thanks for the info Tenucha.

as for cosplay plans:

Iori Yagami
Poolside Iori Yagami
Barry Burton

hmmm....my cosplays all seem to be video games. I used to have a wolfwood but i retired it after the cross got stolen. it was a flippin sweet cross too. you can see pics of it from the first Ani-zona. oh and i'm gonna try to throw together a Frank West, too.

Tenucha
10-10-2006, 02:19 AM
Barry Burton eh?
Ya know... there's saposed to be a Resident Evil get togehter :)
We could use a Barry

P.S. You only have Fanime in your photo gallery

SohjiroX
10-10-2006, 08:29 AM
I have finished my list for this con and as of now working towards finishing up cosplay events for everyone, any idea's please PM me so I may address them as quick as I can. And anyone insterested working for the masq. or a day or more for this con under me, please PM with note of that. Thank you and please keep up all your cosplay plans, Anizona is very pleased to read all these posts.

EDITED ALL

Kazukii
10-10-2006, 12:45 PM
P.S. You only have Fanime in your photo gallery
Well, he didn't necessarily say he had Anizona pictures in his gallery. He only stated you could find pictures of him with it in Anizona 1 photos :/

I have finished my list for this con and as of now working towards finishing up cosplay events for everyone, any idea's please PM me so I may address them as quick as I can.
This isn't really an idea, more like a question. For the previous Anizona, the masquerade was held outside, in a big tent, with the audience infront of the stage, and the contestants to the right. Is this going to be generally the same for the next one? It's a bit disappointing to have it like that..for I feel that the audience will be more 'wowed' and surprised if the contestants weren't in view until they actually came on stage. :/

Tenucha
10-11-2006, 08:43 PM
This isn't really an idea, more like a question. For the previous Anizona, the masquerade was held outside, in a big tent, with the audience infront of the stage, and the contestants to the right. Is this going to be generally the same for the next one? It's a bit disappointing to have it like that..for I feel that the audience will be more 'wowed' and surprised if the contestants weren't in view until they actually came on stage. :/

I missed AniZona 2 masqurade... But I am aware that they set it up like that for AniZona 1.
I do also agree that the ones entering in the Masqurade should atleast hang out in the back behind the stage atleast...
There diffentley is a WOW factor if the audence doesn't know what they are about to see

Dark_Kratos
10-12-2006, 08:10 PM
I wonder what I posted for my plans months ago...ah well for sure I am doing...
Kuchiki Byakuya (Now with wig)
Kuhn - .Hack//Roots .hack//GU

as for maybes
Seta - Love Hina
OG Star Wars character
Kira Yamato - Gundam SEED

SohjiroX
10-17-2006, 01:59 AM
I missed AniZona 2 masqurade... But I am aware that they set it up like that for AniZona 1.
I do also agree that the ones entering in the Masqurade should atleast hang out in the back behind the stage atleast...
There diffentley is a WOW factor if the audence doesn't know what they are about to see

Good questions,

Currently i have gone over many things and also agree to all this. I will be running it all in a new format, new types of awards, honorable awards, new area means new location for masq., plus a back area for masq. meet up and prep area.

This masq. will be held in a room this time, not outside. Also There is a set number of how many are allowed in the room so i will unfortunately have to make video masq. room so that those who cant be there to watch it can watch a live feed of it in action. Location for that will be add later.

I will have new types of rules but they will fallow some if not near all of the old ones.

i will let you all know this one rule though for now till i set up a general thread for everyone to read.

For those who wish to enter the masq. note, you do not have to hold back on wearing your outfit for the masq. If you have an outfit for a gathering but it is before masq. you are able to wear said outfit and still enter the masq.

I have seen to many problems of people in the past who have been told at cons to not wear your outfits before masq. and miss out on many events.

Also i guess i might as well add this, for weapons and props for masq. There will be a change and i will tell all of you do not worry about any props that are unable to be used in past cons.

please before jumping for joy, locate the thread on a quick info on masq. rulings on this.

Thank you, anymore questions please PM me.

lates

Tenucha
11-06-2006, 09:34 AM
This masq. will be held in a room this time, not outside. Also There is a set number of how many are allowed in the room so i will unfortunately have to make video masq. room so that those who cant be there to watch it can watch a live feed of it in action. Location for that will be add later.

Deffently will have to be on a large screen.
Do you know the max. capacity of the room? And is there standing room after?

Also i guess i might as well add this, for weapons and props for masq. There will be a change and i will tell all of you do not worry about any props that are unable to be used in past cons.

Past AniZona cons or past cons in general... 'cus I know Anime Expo has a very strict weapons policy... and I know we dont, so much... especially when in Arizona it is legel for you to carry a weapon in the open to my knowledge (It's not like I practice and excersise this :P)

Anna_Daae
11-16-2006, 10:34 PM
Cosplay list:

Haruhi Fujioka (Host Club): School uniform because it will be the cheapest to do (anyone interested in a gathering? Maybe a skit? Huh, huh?)

Iron Maiden Jeanne (Shaman King): I have it almost done...it not perfect but...ehh

And that is above it. I might where some older costumes (like Sae from Fatal Frame 2 but I am not sure)

Rage
12-10-2006, 04:04 AM
My latest plans include:
DOAX2 Ayane (wondering if there will be good places for pictures)
DOA2-4 Kasumi
Maybe Queen Serenity from Sailor Moon
Hopefully Manga Seras (Hellsing)
Who knows... lol.

Tenucha
12-11-2006, 01:42 AM
By now I'm hoping to have Arucard OVA/manga and Chris Redfield alternitive Gamecube for AniZona 3 to accompany my lone Spike Spiegel cosplay

Kazukii
01-03-2007, 04:53 AM
I think my plans will most likely change before Ani, but eh...

Currently...
Akamaru - Gonna edit him a bit..
Kuro Neko-Sama - Need to edit him a bit...
And a random Loli. XP

Tenucha
01-03-2007, 06:01 PM
So we gonna see the mascot Kuro Neko again? :D

Kazukii
01-03-2007, 11:09 PM
So we gonna see the mascot Kuro Neko again? :D

Eee...Most likely. People seemed to really like it when I showed it for Ani II. Plus since the con is going to be slightly larger, I'm hoping to find more Trigun cosplays. :3

<< I got so many glomps last time...was crazy..
-good thing I didn't bring it to Paf-

Grey Finch
01-04-2007, 04:31 AM
Eee...Most likely. People seemed to really like it when I showed it for Ani II. Plus since the con is going to be slightly larger, I'm hoping to find more Trigun cosplays. :3

<< I got so many glomps last time...was crazy..
-good thing I didn't bring it to Paf-

Pssst... if you bring Kuroneko, I'mma find you as Wolfwood. (I think I already said that somewhere, but since it's getting closer I kinda confirmed it x3)

Kazukii
01-06-2007, 11:18 PM
You'll find me? XD
I'm sure if I see you wandering about as Wolfwood, I'll run back to my room and change, then sneak up on you all KuroNeko like. << >>

Michi
01-15-2007, 02:54 PM
So I'll be at this con because I'm part of D.gray-myu and we're participating in the masquerade. ^^

Definite plans include:
- Rinali Li (D.gray-man)
- Touga Kiryuu (Shoujo Kakumei Utena)

Tentative plans include:
- Mature (The King of Fighters '96)
- Kasumi (Dead or Alive 4)

and whatever else I decide to change/make/bring before April. :P

Feylene
01-15-2007, 03:48 PM
I'll be at Anizona 3!

I'm cosplaying Tamaki from Ouran Host Club and Lust from Fullmetal Alchemist. I'll be accompanied by a Haruhi and a Sloth. :D (I was at Anizona 2 as Dante from Fullmetal Alchemist)

Anna_Daae
01-15-2007, 05:58 PM
I will hopefully be Yuki Cross from Vampire Knight as well. I love her uniform.

kh2_obsession
01-24-2007, 08:32 PM
I'll be at Anizona 3!

I'm cosplaying Tamaki from Ouran Host Club and Lust from Fullmetal Alchemist. I'll be accompanied by a Haruhi and a Sloth. :D (I was at Anizona 2 as Dante from Fullmetal Alchemist)
What day as lust?

Me and my friend are going as Ed and Winry. We would love to meet up with you and do a photoshoot or somthing since my friend favorite character is lust.

Chibi Ice Wolf
01-30-2007, 01:49 PM

Wow I can't believe I've never thought of that. =o I mean as an entrant I want to see the show but that's very true, it doesn't surprise the audience the same way. I guess having us in a backroom with a video showing the show back there is the best way (like they have at Anime Expo's masq.) but still it isn't the same sadly, since you can hardly hear and sometimes can't see. ::debates::

Right now I'm thinking for new costumes:

Shinku from Rozen Maiden
Red & white gingham strawberry lolita (for the Lolita Tea Party (http://www.anizona.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1315))
and Sakura from Cardcaptor Sakura in her pink PJs (for the Pajama Gathering (http://www.anizona.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1163&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0))

and a Jpop surprise or two. ^^

Chas
02-04-2007, 05:59 PM
Fuu~ I've got a couple new things planned. Not sure what old stuff I'll wear!

NEW:

Dist The Reaper + Tales of The Abyss
Kanda Yuu + d.Gray-Man
Kasanoda Ritsu + Ouran Koukou Host Club

Red Comet
02-05-2007, 11:25 PM
Well, I'm planning to bring my Rau Le Creuset ("Gundam Seed") costume even though I already used it at the Phoenix Comicon... and I'm also planning to bring my Larva ("Vampire Princess Miyu") costume which I have not used yet.
As for a third choice... haven't decided yet... Depends on if I have a new costume come AniZona3 or if I decide to participate in a gathering of some sort... I hear there's a CLAMP gathering being planned, so I might bring my Yue ("Cardcaptor Sakura" AKA "Cardcaptors") costume along... but it might not be worth it if there are no Cardcaptor Sakura cosplayers...

Tenucha
02-06-2007, 12:33 AM
I would check with the AniZona fourms if I were you... there seems to be more planning and activity there then here...
However it's still good thing this site has a subfourm for this con!

Midoriko
02-09-2007, 07:10 PM
I'll be doing Nana "Hachi" from NANA and Mew Ichigo from Tokyo Mew Mew, and I'll even bring along my "White" Rabbit costume as well! :3

Chibi Ice Wolf
02-09-2007, 10:09 PM
I'll be doing Nana "Hachi" from NANA and Mew Ichigo from Tokyo Mew Mew, and I'll even bring along my "White" Rabbit costume as well! :3

Awesome! X3 I want to cosplay as Nana too!

Midoriko
02-21-2007, 02:10 PM
A friend of mine that is also going is doing cosplay as Nana O. So we'll be the Nana couple. Yay! Best friends cosplaying as best friends! So fun! :3

Khiorii
02-24-2007, 04:29 PM
oh yea, *dances* sooo excited for this year. Due to lack of money last year, i couldnt head to Anizona 2 but. . . . me and my gang's coming this year! woo-hoo!! ^_^

Corso
02-25-2007, 04:50 PM
Anizona is going to be my first Anime con and im so excited. Im going as Deidara from Naruto and my friend is going to be a cat girl.

Feawen
02-25-2007, 08:46 PM
I'm soo excited to, this is going to be my first con, although I've been to several non-con cosplay events. I'm definately going as Tifa from Advent Children, with my friend as cloud and his buster sword, and we'll also be going as Fuu and Jin, with yet another friend as Mugen. All of which appear to be rather popular characters this year, oh well.

Grey Finch
02-25-2007, 08:54 PM
I'm soo excited to, this is going to be my first con, although I've been to several non-con cosplay events. I'm definately going as Tifa from Advent Children, with my friend as cloud and his buster sword, and we'll also be going as Fuu and Jin, with yet another friend as Mugen. All of which appear to be rather popular characters this year, oh well.

Hey, I remember seeing you guys at Matsuri! =D Good to know you guys are coming to Ani this year!

I revised my list a little bit. I think this is more accurate.

Thursday: James / Wolfwood
Friday: Urahara Kisuke
Saturday: Cid Highwind
Sunday: Pip Bernadette

Lookin' forward to this con! xD

Feawen
02-25-2007, 08:59 PM
i saw your cid costume in your gallery, it was awsome. I might have to convince matt and Chris to move our samurai champloo cosplay to friday so Cloud and Tifa could be on Saturday. It would be awsome to get a few pictures with you!

Grey Finch
02-25-2007, 09:03 PM
Yeah, that'd be great! I'll have a Vincent with me too, so we can be a big group! =D

Feawen
02-25-2007, 09:09 PM
That would be totally awsome,this makes me even more excited than I was before!

Grey Finch
02-25-2007, 09:22 PM
Me too XD and I believe my friend and her boyfriend are going as Aerith and Nanaki on Saturday too. It'll be like the whole party! <3

Feawen
02-25-2007, 09:47 PM
That would be the coolest thing ever, I can't even think of a good comparison for how cool that would be. The only thing cooler would be if I magically grew a foot and a half before con.

Grey Finch
02-25-2007, 09:52 PM
xD You and me both. I'd love to be taller than a Seras for once. @_@;

Kazukii
02-26-2007, 02:18 AM
I saw ya at Matsuri ~ X3
You guys got a picture of me I believe...not sure if you were with the Cloud at the time on Sun. though.
I'll prolly nab ya guys on Fri though for a pic, <3 Samurai Champloo.
It needs more love, only had a Jin and this one Mugen who kept disappearing. >.<

jaiitup
02-26-2007, 10:41 AM
I'm going to enjoy this years Anizona, I'll be cosplaying alot, a different thing everyday, Grimmjaw from Bleach, Anti-form sora from kingdom hearts II and Mori from Ouran high school.

Feawen
02-27-2007, 10:23 PM
I saw ya at Matsuri ~ X3
You guys got a picture of me I believe...not sure if you were with the Cloud at the time on Sun. though.
I'll prolly nab ya guys on Fri though for a pic, <3 Samurai Champloo.
It needs more love, only had a Jin and this one Mugen who kept disappearing. >.<

Yeah, I was with him, I probably just got lost behind the sword, it's taller than I am. Your costume at matsuri was awsome btw
You'll have no problem finding us on friday, our Mugen is LOUD

kh2_obsession
02-28-2007, 09:39 AM
I'm going to enjoy this years Anizona, I'll be cosplaying alot, a different thing everyday, Grimmjaw from Bleach, Anti-form sora from kingdom hearts II and Mori from Ouran high school.
Im going as kairi and my friend as blindfolded rikku. we should meet up or somthing

jaiitup
02-28-2007, 11:04 AM
Im going as kairi and my friend as blindfolded rikku. we should meet up or somthing

their is a KH gathering on saturday of the con at 2pm, i might see you their.

Tenucha
03-04-2007, 02:05 AM
THere's gonna be a Hellsing gathering and a Resident Evil gathering to this con.

I'm kinda setting up the Resident Evil one.
So far it looks like Friday is the best day for RE.
Saturday I have set for Cowboy Bebop. I have a friend coming out only that day and realy wants to be my Julia. I also have a couple friends showing up as other characters too.

kh2_obsession
03-04-2007, 02:24 PM
their is a KH gathering on saturday of the con at 2pm, i might see you their.
Oh good. we will make sure to wear our kh costumes that day

natsukoarts
03-14-2007, 11:08 AM
oh, if only my larsa costume would be done in time! (yeah - right, goodluck!)

jaiitup
03-14-2007, 11:17 AM
Oh good. we will make sure to wear our kh costumes that day

i just had a change of plans, no KH for me this con.

Thursday, Adell from Disgaea 2: cursed Memories
Friday, Grimmjow from Bleach
Saturday, Conrad from Kyou Kara Maou
Sunday, Morinozuka from Ouran High school Host Club

Grey Finch
03-14-2007, 04:33 PM
Cool, a Grimmjow! I'm gonna have to take pictures then =D

Nutmeg
03-14-2007, 05:21 PM
Life's being weird at me again.....so weird that I had to shave my list of outfits this year, sadly. Now, the only outfits I'm going to do are Orihime from Bleach and a random Turk that I still havent named yet. Simple n' spiffy is my plan for this year! XD

Yeu
03-15-2007, 04:45 AM
Since I don't really have a group for this con, I'm thinking about bringing a few cosplays that haven't seen the light of day XD

Question, is there a gathering for Gundam SEED? Because I'm bringing Athrun Zala (Alex Dino) and would love to see a Kira or Lacus.

Other stuff I'm bringing are obscure cosplays (beside Kyouya from Ouran and Fuji from Prince of Tennis), so I'm sure no one really heard of them ^^ … Unless I can finish Ky Kisuke in time >_>

jaiitup
03-15-2007, 09:26 AM
Since I don't really have a group for this con, I'm thinking about bringing a few cosplays that haven't seen the light of day XD

Question, is there a gathering for Gundam SEED? Because I'm bringing Athrun Zala (Alex Dino) and would love to see a Kira or Lacus.

Other stuff I'm bringing are obscure cosplays (beside Kyouya from Ouran and Fuji from Prince of Tennis), so I'm sure no one really heard of them ^^ Unless I can finish Ky Kisuke in time >_>

on Sunday, their should be a gathering for Ouran, I'll be going as Morinozuka, my girlfriend as Honey, and my friend Chris as Kyouya.

Nutmeg
03-15-2007, 11:17 PM
on Sunday, their should be a gathering for Ouran, I'll be going as Morinozuka, my girlfriend as Honey, and my friend Chris as Kyouya.

Hmm, I wonder if it's the same chris I know.

jaiitup
03-15-2007, 11:38 PM
Hmm, I wonder if it's the same chris I know.

maybe, the Chris I'm referring to works at Planet Neo, I've known him since he moved to Arizona.

Nutmeg
03-15-2007, 11:49 PM
maybe, the Chris I'm referring to works at Planet Neo, I've known him since he moved to Arizona.

Ahh, different one, mine goes to G.c.c. and is also doing Kyouya, i think.

natsukoarts
03-26-2007, 10:37 AM
Sanzo - Saiyuki
Hazel - Saiyuki
Jesse, Team Rocket crossplay
Kadaj - Advent Children
Novem? - Gilgamesh
Larsa? - FFXII
George? - Paradise Kiss

Anna_Daae
03-29-2007, 11:06 PM
My Vampire Knight is looking iffy. Too much to do still and limited money. :sniff: I should stop buy movies...

kh2_obsession
03-30-2007, 05:30 PM
UM...does anyone by chance know what time the thing actully starts...like when can we get there on friday morning and saturday...etc..?

jaiitup
03-30-2007, 06:41 PM
i believe the actual con starts around Friday 9am, their is also day zero, Thursday at 6pm you can pick up you badges early.

kh2_obsession
03-30-2007, 07:22 PM
i believe the actual con starts around Friday 9am, their is also day zero, Thursday at 6pm you can pick up you badges early.

so day 0 is jsut badge pick up? nothing else?

jaiitup
03-30-2007, 07:23 PM
Previews and gaming, and hanging and checking out where things are going to be is always a fun thing.

Tenucha
03-31-2007, 01:58 AM
so day 0 is jsut badge pick up? nothing else?

Ya, it's true.. and crappy.
They were advertising it as a 4 day con also.
Technically AX is a 5 day con then... there's Day 0 and then the 4 con days... but they only advertise the 4 days the con runs.

I was excited up until I just realized Thursday is a early badge pick up

Rage
03-31-2007, 02:14 AM
If that's all it is, and no one needs me there for any grunt work... I think I'll just stay home and put the finishing touches on my cosplay that day -_-

Tenucha
03-31-2007, 02:41 AM
If that's all it is, and no one needs me there for any grunt work... I think I'll just stay home and put the finishing touches on my cosplay that day -_-

Ya it sucks... we hav out hotel room for that night. *sigh*.
We'll make the most of it and hang out. You could come out and dine with us or do something of the sort *shrug* But finishing touches is a good thing too...

By "we" I mean Cira, Krystel and Armand haha. Not a full HP thing.

Krishna
04-01-2007, 01:04 AM
I usually don't have plan and I just kinda pick the costumes as I go, but since I'm cosplay with people this time I actually have a plan!!! So I thought I would drop by here and post it!

Saturday - Shinku from Rozen Maiden and I will have Hina Ichigo with me! :D
Sunday - I'm cosplaying Utena again to cosplay with Tako's new Miki! :D So if you guys see a big pink blob again that's me! XD

*excitied*

thegamergirls
04-01-2007, 03:52 PM
I think we're getting there thursday just for the sheer fact that the drive is 7 hours oye!

Grey Finch
04-01-2007, 06:40 PM
AJKLDFSA Thursday is just Day 0? Crap, I guess I'll be James for half of Friday and Urahara the other half.

Tenucha
04-01-2007, 08:16 PM
I usually don't have plan and I just kinda pick the costumes as I go, but since I'm cosplay with people this time I actually have a plan!!! So I thought I would drop by here and post it!

Saturday - Shinku from Rozen Maiden and I will have Hina Ichigo with me! :D
Sunday - I'm cosplaying Utena again to cosplay with Tako's new Miki! :D So if you guys see a big pink blob again that's me! XD

*excitied*

haha big pink blob... I'm sure you wont be hard to miss

I think we're getting there thursday just for the sheer fact that the drive is 7 hours oye!

7 hours?! Where are you coming from and have you attended AniZona before I wonder?

AJKLDFSA Thursday is just Day 0? Crap, I guess I'll be James for half of Friday and Urahara the other half.

Ya isn't that cool?
They were advertising 5th-8th yet the 5th is a Day 0... which doesn't make sence.
Last year Anime Expo was 1st-4th with a Day 0 the night before... 'ya know... thats where the zero comes from.

AniZona was falsly advertising there weekend. Until a schedule is released... that's how it appears to be. Who know ther emight be a few other things going on besides anime viewing rooms and the game rooms....

thegamergirls
04-01-2007, 08:25 PM
were coming from southern california... we have no attended before. But we have to get in the swing of things early... we have all new equipment were covering the event with. and since its sponsored not really costing us much besides food!!!!! we were going to go last year it just didnt play out in the cards

Tenucha
04-01-2007, 09:08 PM
were coming from southern california... we have no attended before. But we have to get in the swing of things early... we have all new equipment were covering the event with. and since its sponsored not really costing us much besides food!!!!! we were going to go last year it just didnt play out in the cards

Are you helping out with the console gaming?

Kurai_811
04-01-2007, 10:15 PM
thursdays just a badge pick up? D= that ain't right >n< we're driving around 6-8 hours too from SoCal, and this isn't a verry hapy thing to hear. We're not even staying in the main hotel. DX so curse-ness... thanks so much to whoever mentioned it, i need to inform my group bout it and we wouldnt have known without this thread x___x

yay, SoCal pplz! XD this'll be my first Anizona too X3 lol

- Kurai_811

Tenucha
04-01-2007, 11:34 PM
thursdays just a badge pick up? D= that ain't right >n< we're driving around 6-8 hours too from SoCal, and this isn't a verry hapy thing to hear. We're not even staying in the main hotel. DX so curse-ness... thanks so much to whoever mentioned it, i need to inform my group bout it and we wouldnt have known without this thread x___x

yay, SoCal pplz! XD this'll be my first Anizona too X3 lol

- Kurai_811

Becasue I know a few people on staff... I know that how things are being handled is becasue of the venue.
Mesa Convention Center have been asses to the Phoenix Cactus ComiCon guys and now AniZona.
I live in state and it's very upsetting for me also...
Its badass your guys in SoCal are coming in!!
Ya we arn't staying in the main hotel either for a first... BUt we also thought it was a 4 day con so we are staying a night in a hotel when we can be staying in our own rooms.
I guess it still kinda works out... we'll atleast be on site when it opens...

haha and you are very welcome!
Ya just come in on that day but dont be in a rush... apparently you cna pick up badges at 5 and then basic things are open like gaming and so on...

Grey Finch
04-01-2007, 11:50 PM
It is at the Mesa Con. Center right? I looked at the AniZona forums and someone posted a layout of the center it's held at, but the layout was totally different from what I remember the Mesa one looking like. o_O Unless they did some major changes from 2006.

Tenucha
04-02-2007, 10:06 AM
It is at the Mesa Con. Center right? I looked at the AniZona forums and someone posted a layout of the center it's held at, but the layout was totally different from what I remember the Mesa one looking like. o_O Unless they did some major changes from 2006.

Ya it's at Mesa Convention Center, same place as PCC 2006 (September) and PCC 2007 (January)
Where's the link you saw?

Grey Finch
04-02-2007, 01:37 PM
Eh, I think it was on the Bleach gathering thread. I'm lazy. =D

Tenucha
04-02-2007, 11:13 PM
LAZY FINCH!!!

Well everyone... Chris Redfield and Spike Spiegel are ready for AniZona!!
There's one more comin' along also but he's a secret muhahaha

Usako Haneino
04-03-2007, 05:21 AM
I'm leaving for the con tomorrow ^_^

A 20-some hour bus ride is kinda boring but well worth it to see all of my friends. I'm veiwing room staff this year and I think I'll be working it thursday night/friday morning so stop by and say hi.

No cosplay for me sadly I ran out of time and money. Though if I get a red chinese style top and black slip-ons I might do a ghetto female Ranma.

Tenucha
04-03-2007, 10:29 PM
Holy crap where are you coming in from?! 0_0

Red Comet
04-04-2007, 02:07 AM
Well, I'm planning to bring my Rau Le Creuset ("Gundam Seed") costume even though I already used it at the Phoenix Comicon... and I'm also planning to bring my Larva ("Vampire Princess Miyu") costume which I have not used yet.
As for a third choice... haven't decided yet... Depends on if I have a new costume come AniZona3 or if I decide to participate in a gathering of some sort... I hear there's a CLAMP gathering being planned, so I might bring my Yue ("Cardcaptor Sakura" AKA "Cardcaptors") costume along... but it might not be worth it if there are no Cardcaptor Sakura cosplayers...
Well, I was planning to bring my Larva ("Vampire Princess Miyu") costume to AniZona, but truth be told I haven't seen that anime yet. I'd like to see it before I use that costume so I can get a feel for the character. A friend of mine was going to make me a copy of that show, but he hasn't gotten around to that yet.
So, final plan: Yue ("Cardcaptor Sakura" AKA "Cardcaptors") on Friday and Rau Le Creuset ("Gundam Seed") on Saturday. I'll just be plain 'ol me on Sunday.

natsukoarts
04-04-2007, 02:32 AM
Frack, Larsa going slow - may not finish on time, unless I dont sleep - ARGH!

Tenucha
04-04-2007, 10:06 AM
I think Chris Redfield is totally finsihed for this con!
Anythign else thats gonna be changed are just some of the accessories and I'll do that before Expo

Feawen
04-06-2007, 02:31 AM
We went and got badges today, i'm sooooooo excited. Incase anyone cares our cosplay plans have changed to friday Cloud and Tifa with a random muegen, to saturday and masq fuu jin and mugen...but no one probably cares that much. see everyone tomorow!

ehonda
04-06-2007, 03:00 AM
So, you all there!

I'll be the 6ft blonde Kid Icarus!

Princesssailorm
04-13-2007, 02:21 PM
i was the tall sailor moon with the messy wig did any one taske my pic? if so can i have it?

Tenucha
04-16-2007, 11:35 PM
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v180/ToshiMustgrind/AniZona%202007/
Here ya go!
If you're the Sailor Moon that preformed in the Masquerade then I got pics of you!