PDA

View Full Version : Ani-Magic!

Mei Lan Chang
08-03-2002, 10:18 AM
So WHO'S GOING TO ANI-MAGIC, EH?!

I know I am. I wasn't planning on it because i am going to college and all that book stuff that goes with it, but I was easily talked into it by a tall, dark and handsom stranger. I've already doubled my hours on costuming and and doing all sorts of horrible things to earn money (no, I am not a hooker for the sake of anime, just sealing envlopes and poo like that)

But what I want to know is, who's coming with me? Since I have no cosplay friends near me, I was hoping to get an advance on making some before the con. Leave a post, make a friend! A slimy, lazy, plague of a friend too! Pink bunny out, foo. :skidude2:

LiL QoH
08-03-2002, 11:59 AM
If I can get a ride I will :D cuz I have no school *_*

Ina
08-03-2002, 07:36 PM
*WAVES HER ARMS AROUND* i am! i am! i am!!! where are you coming from? i'll be coming from the san bernardino area! hope i get to see ya there (and get to know ya *nudge nudge*) ^_^ and isn't this suppose to be in the Ani-magic section?

edit:

i'm such a stupid monkey rapper, ok, you don't need to answer that "where are you coming from" thingy *lol*

Mei Lan Chang
08-03-2002, 09:10 PM
I've got school, but screw it! I'll hide some school books under my skirt. I am coming from Tucson arizona, and I want to see everyone there!!!

peacecraft
08-05-2002, 11:44 AM
I'm definately going. I had more fun there than any other con last year.

Foxwolfe
08-06-2002, 03:56 AM
As far as I know Ill be there also, and Ill be making the trip from north bay cali.

Adella
08-06-2002, 03:56 AM
being moved to the animagic section.

Kenshin Ken
08-07-2002, 01:45 PM
I have school as well, hwoever I'll risk day or two.. it won't hurt me ^^. I jsut gotta get myself a good ride there and I am set for my first Animagic trip ^^

Third-child
08-07-2002, 06:52 PM
I will be there! Whoot! Actually I will be staffing the Video Game room. So stop and talk to me, while I am on the Graveyard shift!

Dark Vision
08-08-2002, 05:03 AM
I'm so interested ( cuz eurobeat king kinda convinced me it was ) that I really wanna go. Cuz i taking some friends up, i gotta miss the first day. That pretty much cuts one of three best ( and only )costumes i have out.
*now pacing across the room deciding which costumes

Yuna
08-09-2002, 06:16 PM
OoOoOo.... I wish Sana-chan was going with you Huy!!! *o* It was so great hanging out with you guys at Comic Con XDD

Eurobeat King
08-10-2002, 01:09 PM
Really? I actually influenced/persuaded/lured (ahem!) someone to go to Animagic? Well, it'll be a lot of fun this year, and it's still the most relaxing convention there is! :) I'll prolly bring some of my costumes, but no new ones.. UNLESS I can get that surprise costume going within the next month. :D So we'll see.. Already I have one surprise for Animagic that WILL happen, so look for it on that Friday! :skidude2:

See you all in less than 2 months, and as usual:

"Listen to Eurobeat" (That's a song title, btw.. taken from Super Eurobeat V116, and it's good advice ;))

Dark Vision
08-10-2002, 02:08 PM
ooo, suprises are good, I wanna see.

Only if i had some inspiration to make a new costume, alas nothing comes to me.

*puts on FF costume and trys to summon something

Mei Lan Chang
08-10-2002, 09:05 PM
I am going to have a name tag that reads "Pheebz". That's short for Pheobe. And I think that everyone should come and talk to me if you see my nametag because though it may not seem like it now, I'm pretty shy.

Emryss
08-11-2002, 08:57 PM
:D Heee! I've been registered since Febuary ;-) no room yet tho... darn textbooks and car ate all my funds for the next month an a half or so....T.T;;; Anywho...lol Anyone else coming in from Ventura? Simi? and anyone here artroom ppl? I need to know if sculpture and pins are ok for the artroom displays... and my slide-bookmarks are no-nos or not? (they're diff charas on metal bookmarks, the kind that slip ovet the binding of the book) otherwise, Animagic in 1 month 3weeks! Squeee!:bouncer:

Nadeshiko
08-11-2002, 09:11 PM
I'll be attending for sure. ^_^

Just look for a white -- nevermind. You'll know me when you see me. Hehe...I love my evil schemes. ^^v

jen_kat
08-28-2002, 12:26 AM
I'm GOING! :D
I'm so happy! This will be the first con that I'll go to that is not AX... also meaning that this will be my first AM!

My friend's making the hotel reservations, and I still gotta register, but I know for sure that I am going. I'm not sure if I'll be cosplaying though... there's not enough time to get a costume together with the remaining time left... grr..*blames mom for taking such a long time to decide whether to let me go... all for staying in a hotel for 2 nights for AM... sigh*

If it comes down to it, I'll be content with lugging my big Nikon camera around taking pictures... I wanna exceed 84 pics this time (# that I took at AX02)

I was thinking about becoming a volunteer or a staff, since I'm 17... but then I figured, hey, this is my first AM, so why not make the best of not having to work and take lots of pics, along with checking out everything else.

So, hey, if anyone wants... I'll be glad to take their picture(s). I love taking pictures, and my Nikon gives some pretty good quality focus... so, if there are people who perhaps want to enlarge their collection of pics of themselves in cosplay, give me a shout. :D

Aoshi Shinomori
08-28-2002, 03:37 AM
I'll be going.. I'll probably be in my Aoshi outfit.. my name tag will say " Aoshi-sama Shinomori".. heh or something like that. You can stop me and say hi or something like that. I like meeting new people and at AM I meet alot of people.

Okita Souji
08-28-2002, 03:42 AM
I'll be there. Any other RK cosplayers aside from me and Aoshi gonna be there?

L to the 3rd
08-28-2002, 04:22 AM
*whap jon* remember I said i'll do Battousai...and Rei (my twin)
will be regular Kenshin.. er..or was it the other way around..

Miaka No Baka
08-29-2002, 12:11 PM
Of course there'll be kenshin cosplayers there. That's where the first kenshin cosplayers gathering took place =) I'll be there as Misao. *glomps aoshi and doesn't let go* ^_^; I think the whole wandering otaku group shall be there too, they were last year. That means there'll be a whole bunch of kenshin cosplayers. Look at pics from last years convention and you'll see a bunch of photoshoots with the kenshin cast. =)

Miaka no Baka

Aoshi Shinomori
09-03-2002, 01:37 PM
oh battousai.. I"m going to have to pick on both of you kenshins.. *smiles evily*

Doremi Chan
09-03-2002, 05:15 PM
Doremi chan is going for sure! Can't wait! I'm going to have two new costumes for the con! Yatta!

Adella
09-04-2002, 12:01 AM
Cosplay.com is going. ::steals Emryss's sexy avatar::

Aoshi Shinomori
09-04-2002, 01:12 AM
oh yeah forgot.. * gets glomped*.. Hope to see you all at AM

Kamui Motoaki
09-04-2002, 01:14 AM
i wanna go. . . i need details *begs* ^_^

Yuna
09-04-2002, 02:56 AM
weeeeee~ It's in Lancaster, CA Will October 4th-7th ^_^ It's soooooooo simple and laid back! So fun! My favorite con XD

Kitty
09-05-2002, 02:02 PM
Will MUST GO! And hang with kitty and take squall KH pics together!

sofbert
09-06-2002, 03:08 AM
Yes, Ani-magic is an incredibly fun con. It's just a big gathering of all of the Socal cosplayers to hang out and relax. Really good place to take pictures of them when they're not stressing about anything, really. It's my second year going, and i'm looking forward to it a lot. Wish I had a new costume for it, tho.. ^^;; Darn work... who knows. .miracles have happened before.. :)

Kitty
09-06-2002, 06:40 PM
Any idea of what costume you would make if you had the time?

Dragoon Knight
09-07-2002, 04:59 AM
YAY for KH Squall pics ^^

Michi
09-07-2002, 06:56 AM
OKITA SOUJI! *cling* You have Azumanga Daioh sig/avatar stuff. Be my friend. XD I'm gonna cosplay from it next yeaaaaar. =3

Um. Yay Animagic! *does a dance* I'm most definately going. I'm super excited about it. Chu chu!

Aoshi Shinomori
09-08-2002, 11:05 PM
we should do a KH gathering

Emryss
09-10-2002, 09:19 PM
[B]Cosplay.com is going. ::steals Emryss's sexy avatar:: [/B
:eek: Wha? no! My Lego my Lego-chan! :argue:

:devil:
::whispers:: But you can Have his clone... heh.:D

:cheers: LoTR fans rejoice! Two towers is Nigh! and any ::hint:: are welcome to join me at the Universal citywalk midnight showing... line party is hosted by One ring .net there ;-)

in other news... Anyone wanna room with a F/19 cosplayer? I'm going as mikado from the bouncer and frodo/ringwraith from LoTR lol if I can get my male friend to do frodo, then I'll be his wraith... heh My Sion and Kou can't make it thou... so anyone interested in doing them? onegai?? my roomate/ other cosplayer moved up north last week and prolly won't be able to make it down... ::sigh::

Dragoon Knight
09-12-2002, 04:01 PM
What day would you want to do the KH Gathering, I'm open to suggestions. But there's still the Final Fantasy Gathering and the King of Fighter's Gathering too....ack..and the Rurouni Kenshin gathering..hmm time to start a thread ^^

Kamui Motoaki
09-12-2002, 06:58 PM
friday - KOF
sat - FF
Sun- kor/kenshin? ^_^

Dragoon Knight
09-12-2002, 10:41 PM
I actually opened a new thread for gatherings at AM, so all suggestions can go thre now ^^

ElfEater
09-13-2002, 03:29 AM
Will- Kenshin?! Hahahha, thats the first time I heard about that... Have you even SEEN kenshin!? ^_-

Nietsche
09-16-2002, 06:11 PM
Sun- kor/kenshin? ^_^

kor? .....Kimagure Orange Road? .....Wha?

Michi
09-16-2002, 08:37 PM
HEH. I'd cosplay from Kimagure Orange Road if anyone would know who the heck I was. *bounces away*

Kitty
09-18-2002, 12:49 AM
KH get together sound good to me but WHEN !?

Kamui Motoaki
09-18-2002, 01:04 AM
Originally posted by ElfEater
Will- Kenshin?! Hahahha, thats the first time I heard about that... Have you even SEEN kenshin!? ^_-

yea i have. .only the whole series and OAVs. . ~_~*********
*cries a river* lol

Kitty
09-18-2002, 01:07 AM
Who would you be WILL ?
Kenshin or ....lol the little monkey boy! You have a shinai dont you?

Kamui Motoaki
09-18-2002, 01:17 AM
screw the shinai monkey boy. .
I'd wanna do the Battosai. . but meh. . no time. .so screw it. . ^_^

"NANDE GOZARU YOOO!!!"

Aoshi Shinomori
09-18-2002, 04:08 AM
shinai monkey boy??

Dragoon Knight
09-18-2002, 04:15 AM
Oh gawd *remembers my first battousai costume* So glad I'm Enishi now >D ..mwahaha ^^ *pose for Kitty and blows a kiss*

Maybe we should do KH on Sunday around 1 or 2pm...does that sound good?

Kitty
09-18-2002, 01:32 PM
NO NO NO! Not that ! Its like my super hero kitty weakness! THE ENISH LOOKS SO GOOD BLOWS ME A KISS AND I MELT ON THE FLOOR TECHNIQUE! AAAAAAAAH! *
*sploop* Crap now I am a puddel ! (thank wayne!)

L to the 3rd
09-18-2002, 03:48 PM
hmm I dunno If i'd wear Legolas to Animagic cuz
I wanted to redo A LOT of the costume.. it was
a really rushed thing that I did for comic-con. *sigh*

yea yea! I'm gonna go as Battousai and my twin
will be Kenshin.. it's gonna be soo kewl for pics.

Aoshi Shinomori
09-18-2002, 04:57 PM
LOL i have pics of you in your Battousai costume Wayen.. it wasnt that bad.. er.. except probably the wig.. I didnt know that was you till someone pointed it out to me. Wasnt it at AX 2000? yeah the KH gathering during that time will be cool.. are u going to show up Wayne or do i have to go look for you? heh

Dragoon Knight
09-18-2002, 06:59 PM
hehehe..I know Kitty's weakness to Enishi >D ... *poses again, and blows a kiss* ^^ I'll clean up da Kitty puddle ..O.o ..lol

Chrissy-

cool, cant wait to see your Battousai costume ^^

Aoshi-

I'll be there! =P ..lol I got side tracked with the time at AX, so I missed the gathering there.

Kitty
09-19-2002, 01:18 AM
I KNOW if I go things will get messy....But I CANT HELP MYSELF!

Dragoon Knight
09-19-2002, 01:26 AM
hehehe...now who would make you get messy? *whistles* ^^;;

Kitty
09-19-2002, 01:28 AM
UM................... Geeeeee..................Lemme think.............(looks around all anime inocently like)

Dragoon Knight
09-19-2002, 01:32 AM
NE NE.....*Courage the Cowardly Dog* WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO? heheh ^^ gee I wonder who could make you get messy.....<_< >_> ^_^

Kitty
09-19-2002, 01:33 AM
(sweat drops) Eeeeeep! UM...............I....................Wellll...... ............-Runs away!-

Dragoon Knight
09-19-2002, 01:36 AM
eeeeeeeeepp...NOOOOOOOOOOO...come back..ONEGI?!?!?!? ;_; *sniffles*

Kitty
09-19-2002, 01:54 PM
LOL God this is funny^_^ And to think that animagic is just like this silliness but times um 100!

Dragoon Knight
09-19-2002, 06:06 PM
hehehehe...YES, silly is good >D