PDA

View Full Version : Cosplay.com gathering at AN

Kurenai
02-26-2003, 03:56 PM
Just to reiterate (or to post this for those who didn't see it) we're having a gathering/photoshoot on Saturday at 1 pm in Artist's Alley. Somehow I will get them to distribute smily face-stickers (please have them be visible on your badge, not the tiny ones) or you can BYO (I'm not sure if they even want to give out stickers, I haven't asked yet, so it would be best if you could all BYO to identify yourselves as cosplay.com members) I think that's it. For more details, please review Erilan's thread "The List." Thanks ^_^ Any questions? Please post.

Sakura
02-26-2003, 04:10 PM
Awesome, I will so be there! ^-^ Lol, maybe I'll carry a sign that says "Sakura" on it so people will know it's me.

Kia
02-26-2003, 06:26 PM
You probably won't be able to miss me in my big yellow Luna costume ^_^

Scoti
02-26-2003, 07:28 PM
I have this horrible feeling I'm going to forget --_--"
can someone do me a favor and punch me if you find me in a hall somewhere so that I'll remember lol ^ ^;;

Takuma-san
02-26-2003, 07:42 PM
You could put up flyers on the announcement boards they have there, or even ask AN to schedule this into their schedule.

MikigamiTokiya
02-26-2003, 07:45 PM
good Idea takuma, then we'd have no excuse to forget ^^;; another idea is design a logo on this site and we can all print it out and carry it around or sumthin to show we're members.

Kurenai
02-26-2003, 07:50 PM
Definitely. If everyone could bring a sheet of smilies then that should cover more than everyone. I'll bring some too. Now is the time to contact them and reserve my hotel room O.o ::gonna be busy tonite::

Limeyaku
02-26-2003, 08:37 PM
weee! it'll be so awesome! i'll be rikku ( dunno if i'll be in X or X2 at the time though. ^^;; )

Minakolabelle
02-26-2003, 09:00 PM
Scotti: how bout I poke you with my Paine sword if you forget cause that's waht i'll b e wearing at the time.

I think I can pic up some smiley faces for cheep at the dollar store so i can bring some but other then that I will also be there.

Sullenshady
02-26-2003, 10:17 PM
Since it's my first con, I'll just be going as Squall...along with like 10, 000 other people dressed the same, so it'll be hard to recognize me :( I'll still try to hook up with you guys though....

nyamiko_chan
02-27-2003, 08:56 AM
aha!! yay..i use for those smileys sitting collecting dust in mah room!!

I'll bring mine cuz ya know i'm so not missing this years con!!

they're different colors though...maybe it shouldn't matter what color they are?? as long as they :) smiley faces...lol!

then i can get rid of all of them XD

anyways...i was planing on making a sign too ^^
so..Sakura and i will have very tierd arm from holding them up...lol. I might just wear mine around my neck to cover the realy big show of skin on my Rikku costume

http://www.ffx2.com/images/screenshots/6/big/76.jpg

ya...i must be crazy..post if you agree...^.~!!

Lafiel
02-27-2003, 02:50 PM
Wai ^^
I hope I can find everyone!

Ieee...
Not to sure what to wear.

Kurenai
02-27-2003, 03:09 PM
An update:

" I'm afraid that we will be too busy at registration to try to distribute these stickers. There will be a table where people can leave flyers to advertise meetings, other conventions, etc. You can leave your flyers there, and perhaps the stickers too for whomever is interested.

David Simmons
Anime North Registration"

So that is what I shall do. I'll leave stickers on the table for people to use. If they get stolen...well....all the more reason to BYO ^^; I'll also have some flyers there and posted up if I can. Later when I straighten things out, I'll post what costume I'll be wearing and a pic of it so that you guys will be able to find me ^_^

Kia
03-03-2003, 04:01 AM
um... a possible very silly idea.... how'bout (as well as the smilies ^_^) some kind of "Hello, my name is" stickers with our Cosplay.com names on them.... yeah, I know, silly but it just came to me ^_^

Yuna-X2
03-03-2003, 11:02 AM
Thats actually a really good idea! Lots of people might just take the smiley faces if they are sitting on the table, and then we can actually identify eachother WAY easier. :P

Kia
03-03-2003, 12:34 PM
hehehe... I just noticed that you signature is from Oliver! ^_^ (sorry for being way off topic)

Scoti
03-03-2003, 01:05 PM
What not make something like http://www.webpost.net/sc/Scoti/badge.gif
everyone could print it out and attach it under the AN badge

Kia
03-03-2003, 01:13 PM
ooooooooooooh! Nifty! ^_^

nyamiko_chan
03-03-2003, 01:50 PM
*nods* very niffty!! ^.~!! kewl idea Scoti !

Kurenai
03-03-2003, 02:55 PM
The "Hello My Name Is" idea may work. However, I was thinking smilies may be cheaper and easier since we could put them on our badges and not have to worry about another badge-like object on our costumes. (I know I hate wearing mine when I'm in costume ^^) I'd also try to put a sign near the stickers, whatever they may be. I'm not sure how to stop non cosplay.com people from taking ANY stickers we put there though ;_;

So, I like the badge idea the best---that way we can print something out ourselves and not have to worry about finding stickers. Also, just attaching it to our normal badge would work as well. If we can put our cosplay.com name clearly on something like that, it would work very well. Anyone have any good designs? (I'll try to make one up later but right now I have to run out for a bit)

Yuna-X2
03-03-2003, 05:33 PM
Ooooh.... pretty name tag. :P

Kia- Yup, it's from Oliver. I was just in that play, so I'm still super obsessed with that scene cuz it was my fave.

Kia
03-03-2003, 05:47 PM
I'll try and brainstorm some stuff too, but it'll probably be alot like Scoti's design ^_^ And if non-cosplay.com people take the stickers (which hopefully will leave enough enough for all of us reglar folk) we should be able to recognize each other by our screen names, right?
Yuna- my school did Oliver two years ago. I was Charlie in Fagin's gang ^_^ and that old lady who died with the locket... but I didn't like that role so much...

Yuna-X2
03-03-2003, 09:00 PM
Hehheh, Charlie is the best character cause his last name is Bates. I always called the kid who played Charlie Master. it took him 4 months to realize what I was talking about. Poor nieve kids.

MikigamiTokiya
03-03-2003, 09:15 PM
i'd really suggest against the smilies because thoes will be stolen/ picked up by non-members easily. everyone here posesses a computer or knows somebody that does so just use scoti's idea and attach the lil paper. the smiley idea was good at first but this one will work better and there are alot of people @ AN who use aliases so that might not be the best option to rely on that alone.

Kurenai
03-03-2003, 10:08 PM
::nods:: Badges will do fine. Scoti's badge does very well actually. Whatever makes the gathering work ^_^

ducky_feet
03-07-2003, 12:36 PM
So we're sticking with Scoti's badge idea then?

Chosuke
03-07-2003, 12:43 PM
Woohoo!! -back on cosplay.com after too long a time-
I'll be going and the badge idea sounds great!
Though like.. they aren't that that noticeable,and I remember it being so crowded.. Maybe if scoti could make it stand out a bit more?

Kurenai
03-07-2003, 03:37 PM
Okaaaaay. Well...any add-on badge will do. Scoti submitted a good design, and at this point it doesn't really matter to me what we wear as long as we can identify ourselves. Really, it's only for the purpose of the gathering on Saturday--finding other cosplay.com members throughout the day is a perk, but we should all be able to meet each other at the gathering anyway. That's all I can do. I'm really freaking tired, so I'll think about this later.

Scoti
03-07-2003, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by Chobrat
Woohoo!! -back on cosplay.com after too long a time-
I'll be going and the badge idea sounds great!
Though like.. they aren't that that noticeable,and I remember it being so crowded.. Maybe if scoti could make it stand out a bit more?

I'm not sure how I can make it stand out anymore unless you want blinking lights attached to it lol I thought it would be easier to just keep it simple and bright purple since that's the site's color. But hey if you have another idea by all means... otherwise if you all agree on mine I'll do a good copy

Kia
03-08-2003, 07:22 PM
Sandwhich boards! :D That's *my* solution anyway! We could all walk around dressed as Cosplay.com advertisements! ... hum?... don't like that idea much I guess, well in that case be happy with what we got. Or we can dress up like people who really need cash, it's all good! ^_^

Tamer Brad
03-10-2003, 02:47 AM
The badge idea is really good. My group of friends (Team Ex Deus) are doing it so we can spot eachother easily at the con...I don't see any downsides to it.

Or you could pick a meeting spot and use a sign.

Kurenai
03-10-2003, 11:56 AM
We did----Artists' Alley at 1pm on Saturday. Signs are forthcoming ^^

Does anyone have any problems with this location/time? If so, tell me so that I can find a better one.

Tamer Brad
03-10-2003, 12:43 PM
Oh ^^;; Baka me...

Sarcasm-hime
03-20-2003, 04:10 PM
Hopefully I won't have a panel at that time....just have to see.

ducky_feet
03-20-2003, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by Kurenai
We did----Artists' Alley at 1pm on Saturday. Signs are forthcoming ^^

Does anyone have any problems with this location/time? If so, tell me so that I can find a better one.
I'm ok with the time and place for now. Although, I'd be more comfortable if I knew AN's schedule for that day.

Kurenai
03-20-2003, 05:16 PM
Okay. That is a good point, actually. I will confirm time and place once I get ahold of the schedule. If it conflicts with anything too major, or too many people can't make it, then we'll fix it ^_^

Kisa
04-14-2003, 11:48 AM
The only thing I can suggest is that you make sure not to clog up artist alley. Photoshoots are insane to get orginized, and if it's in a small space or too close to tables or something, you might have cranky artists...
Just a suggestion to keep in mind.

heki-chan
04-14-2003, 02:42 PM
is the artist alley such a good place?
I mean its just a small area^_^;;; i agree with kisa, we mite tick off the artists trying to work

also, its at the exact same time as 2-3 other photoshoots. (the ffx-2 one, CCML, and someother one i forgot)

all those three are happening in the Lobby of the hotel. if u guys wanna bring the cosplay.com one in there too, maybe that will be easier since things wuld already be semi-organized?

dunno^_^ up to u guys^_^

~heki

Kurenai
04-14-2003, 02:45 PM
The lobby sounds like a better location. Shall I keep the time? If there are already groups going on, it doesn't have to be -exactly- at 1 pm, but it could be around there.

Okay, lobby it is. For now it's still 1 pm.

Chosuke
04-15-2003, 06:54 AM
Lobby would definitely be a bit more convenient/safe.

The last thing I need is a copic in the eye when I try to pose o_-

Kisa
04-15-2003, 09:51 AM
Not that anyone has any set times yet, but maybe trying to get the photoshoots within 30 minutes of eachother is a good idea in the same place.
That way people are assembled for one, and if they have to do a second one, all the better, since they're there.

From past experience on the CCML, getting one person to Yell/Announce really loudly and to get five or six people assembled and START TAKING photos, will get everyone else to scramble into formation...

Kurenai
04-15-2003, 10:57 AM
Cool ^_^ You guys have some good advice.

My voice is extremely quiet (my costume is gonna speak for me I think ^^;;;; ) so does anyone want to volunteer to start yelling? I would appreciate it! And if there's anyone who isn't cosplaying who wants to take pictures for us, please speak up!

Kisa
04-15-2003, 11:02 AM
Heh. Just be warned. whoever Yells, gets labeled as Scary ;)

Kia
04-15-2003, 12:37 PM
I YELL! I'm really loud too! And the scary thing... :: shrugs :: doesn't bother me so much, most of the little niners at my school (all of which are my brother's friends) thinks I'm scary anyway! ^_^

Scoti
04-15-2003, 07:32 PM
well since you guys have that settled what should I do about the badge?

Kurenai
04-15-2003, 07:57 PM
Could you post another link to it so it's easily accessible? ^_^

I think it's fine the way it is, and thank you for taking the time to make it!

Mage
04-15-2003, 08:41 PM
Don't take pictures without meeeeeee! T_T last year, I missed every single photo thing at AN and it was heartbreaking...*weeps* So yeah...I think aside from the location, the most important thing is to pick a date well in advance of the con itself. Like..as soon as the tentative convention schedule is posted on the website.

...heh heh....I don't think anyone can be scarier than Kisa. =P *runs away!*

MikigamiTokiya
04-15-2003, 08:43 PM
i'm glad we have loud peeps going..... I also happen to be really quiet so yeah good thing we have kia. Also why not start a new thread with a direct link to the badge so everybody doesn't have to go sifting through this one ne?

heki-chan
04-15-2003, 09:19 PM
okay, so we'll change the CCML one to half hour earlier or later? dunno ill post in ccml^_^

(wow...well this was a useless post^_^)

Kurenai
04-15-2003, 10:58 PM
Weeee time to post again ^_^

*********The cosplay.com photoshoot will be meeting in the lobby of the Regal Constellation at 1 pm. That means the picture will probably NOT be at 1 pm sharp, so expect to hang around for about half an hour before we are done. Please don't be late! Carry a watch or a portable watch keychain if you must

^_^ And please wear the badge that has been provided, just so we know who's there for what.

Thanks!

Minakolabelle
04-16-2003, 02:13 AM
what about if your planning to hid your badge that day?

I plan on keeping my AN badge as far away from Paine as possible just because of all the work that's gone into it. I mean I will be there for the cosplay.com shoot.... well I'll be there for all of the shoots BUT if you wanna find me just look for the Paine with the killer sword XD man that thing is huge man

Kisa
04-16-2003, 03:34 AM
Don't wait around TOO long for people to 'show up' because then they don't get there on TIME and straggle and the people who are on time get annoyed or bored.
There's a lot of stuff going on at the Con and you don't want to miss out because you're waiting for people who aren't considerate enough to show up.
Asking people to be on time isn't a big deal... It's simple courtasy
If the photoshoot is at 1, DO it at 1:10 at the latest, and don't wait longer then 5 minutes before you start yelling and getting people together, because you WILL be there all day.
It's up to the cosplayers to BE THERE ON TIME, or be early. And if you see someone on your way there, grab them and haul tthem along. Christ, I'll start yelling shortly after 1 if no one else does, so PLAN TO BE THERE...

Christine, Just wear a pair of your insane shoes then people can spot you easily ;)

Mage, you're mean !!*cries* I was only yelling because Everyone
was standing around doing NOTHING and going "when are we doing the photoshoot" "Why haven't we started the photoshoot?" and it annoyed me, because I had places I wanted to be... XD And I'll DO IT AGAIN if I have to! mwaha. I mean, I've done it twice now... >.> But I'm expecting glomps from you while in my CCD outfit :P Scary or no scary! Besides, I can't be scary in short-shorts and with Pie! And If only because I keep stealing your costume ideas...

Heki, lets see if we can't plan to get the CCML photoshoot for 2ish... That gives us an hour which should be Plenty of Time...

Scoti
04-16-2003, 06:29 AM
ok here is the link for the badge http://www.webpost.net/sc/Scoti/ANbadge.jpg just print it out and staple it under the AN badge. You might want to resize it I wasn't sure of how big the AN badge is

Chosuke
04-16-2003, 06:45 AM
If you need any help Kisa with the yelling and such we can split the 'scary girl' role between us xD

I'm used to screaming at a group of more then five teenage boys and am somewhat trained in the ways of 'STFU,PLZTHX :)" -picture-

Kisa
04-16-2003, 01:35 PM
Heh. Sounds good to me. I only plan on doing it if no one else does... so if it's 1 and I haven't, feel free to start without me. Initiative gets results.

Kia
04-16-2003, 01:45 PM
HeyYo! *I'M* the scary queen here! -_O :: sniffles :: I don't wana be voted out of the only thing I do *really* well! ^_^

Kisa
04-16-2003, 03:24 PM
*chuckles*
I don't claim to be the queen. I've reserved that title for someone else (who will remain nameless), because THEY scare ME.

There's 'scary' as in hyper fangirl and 'scary' as in people are afraid to talk to you and ask to take your picture.
Of course, the second group makes it more fun to deal with the little'uns who are running around and being generally obnoxious. ;)

Minakolabelle
04-16-2003, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by Kisa
Christine, Just wear a pair of your insane shoes then people can spot you easily ;)

Oh I am wearing them for Paine, their my highest pari yet, I'm abotu 6'2 in my 7.5 inch heals for it >_<

GO MANAISH STRIPPER SHOES!!! :D

IdatenMiki
04-16-2003, 04:48 PM
<>_<>'' now i know if i see someone running around w/ 7.5 inch's worth of heel i'll know who it is. lol

Kurenai
04-16-2003, 09:08 PM
Okay, I understand that people have obligations elsewhere for most of con, but I'm asking you guys to cooperate with me so this can run as smoothly as possible. I don't mean to pull rank, but I think I have responsibility as to how this runs because I got Admin's permission to handle this. I did ask people to yell for me, because I can't yell worth shit, but I would like the decisions for this group to remain the same to keep everyone organized and informed.

Kisa: I don't think I deserve to be yelled at for wanting everyone to get a chance to be in on the photoshoot. Last huge photoshoot I was in (the giant FF one at the last Otakon...probably about a hundred people posing) it took MUCH longer than half an hour for the groups to be there, organize, wait for everyone who wanted a shot, and then dissipate.

Everyone: If it's too much for you guys to take a half hour out of your 54 hours of con time to do the cosplay.com photoshoot, certainly nobody's forcing you and you can enjoy your extra con time. Once we are sure we have everyone assembled, you have between flashes to get into the group. If you look dumb rushing in, well, that's your problem.

I think I'm being flexible enough to set a time frame of half an hour, so please just work with me, and realize that there are a LOT of people who want to be part of this photoshoot, and they may be late for totally legit reasons. That doesn't mean I'm encouraging anyone to be late! But expect to wait longer than ten minutes. Photoshoots are messy events.

Minakolabelle: You don't have to wear the badge. It's only there to make finding people on the boards easier. But there will probably be a lot of Paines running around.

Long day. G'night everyone.

heki-chan
04-17-2003, 02:49 AM
*gives u guys strawberries and icecream bcuz thts wht im enjoying rite now..at...340am..*

Kisa wasn't yelling at you, it was just generalizaed due to the fact that ppl being late just sucks^_^ and yeah keeping everyone clearly informed ish very important ^_^ thankies!^_^

but i agree with the previous post(s), the camera flashes should start going off at about 115pm, then let them keep on flashing for another 15 LOL then we can all run away^_^

but yeah, usually gathering in the Lobby is easy to manage since sound carries well in that area, so *nods* everything should be fine
*smiles everyone* ^_^

and kisa! yeah we can just say that the CCML one can follow right after the cosplay.com one, i guess. ne? *shrugs*

we'll be doing the FFX/FFX-2 Shoot at 1230 people^_^ Thanks!
i wont be yelling. bcuz i hav a squeaky voice. but we'll get our guys to start being silly and ull see it^_^;;

dood. no one will miss christine in all her 6'2" glory! LOL^_^

*hugs u all*

see u in less than a month^_^

~heki

Kisa
04-17-2003, 08:23 AM
Tsks@ heki. What are you doing up so late? You'll turn into ME, and that's a BAD Thing!! ANyway. Yeah. I just want to pick a time for the people to show up. Especially if they're not going to be there already. Hence the suggestion of 2. But whenever works.

You don't have to get Defensive and 'pull rank' It's Anime North. There are probably less people there all weekend total then there were cosplayers at Otacon. Not that I think that has anything to do with the matter. I got people orginized last year for the CCML. It involved a bit of hearding, and then it was Over. Nice and Simple. Yes, people missed it. Do I feel sorry? only vaugely, because if they'd been there On Time, there woudln't have been a problem.

The POINT was, me saying to Pick a Time, and Stick with it.
There's no reason why you have to wait around for people who can't be on time. It's simple courtasy. You want to be IN the photoshoot, show up for it when it's scheduled. Not twenty minutes later.

Yes, people are late. Yes, People are going to miss the photoshoot. Not My Problem.
Unless it's Me whose late, in which case, That's Life and My fault for not being there. If I'm going to be half an hour late, it isn't fair for everyone to have to wait for me.

Wait ten minutes for the stragglers and get on with it but start orginizing On Time and the people will be there.

If they can't be on time, that's just too bad.
It doesn't have to take forever.

Kurenai
04-17-2003, 10:19 AM
I didn't mean to come off quite so defensive, as it IS just a photoshoot. I see your point that we can't wait forever.

I personally wouldn't want it to take longer than a half hour. But I would like to keep that same time frame open for everyone. Be there at one, and we'll be out at one thirty. Fifteen minutes to get organized, fifteen minutes for everyone who needs it to get shots. I don't anticipate it taking any longer than that, and if there are stragglers then, then it's too bad for them, ne?

So, for any who would like reiteration: Be there at one, and we'll be done probably around one-thirty. If we organize quickly, we may be done sooner, so be late at your own risk. Have a good day ^_^

Minakolabelle
04-17-2003, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by heki-chan
dood. no one will miss christine in all her 6'2" glory! LOL^_^

*snicker* Call us the towering FFX-2 girls of ummm HEALS! yes that's it heals >.> *twirls off* :D :dance: :walkoff:

I didn't do nuthing that winnie does nope not me :angel:

Kurenai
04-17-2003, 10:00 PM
Ack I hate doing this hate hate hate hate (hate x Kefka) doing this.

But because of everything I've been hearing about SARS (from Canada and Toronto natives) there is a chance that I'm not going to AN, and now I have to make some backup plans for ACen just in case. So will anyone be willing to take over running the photoshoot if I say for sure that I can't go? Sorry to have to ditch ppl. There isn't really much one would have to do, especially, just direct people and make signs to post around the con and generally organize it.

I'll give you guys the heads-up if I'm not going. Right now it's a 50-50 thing.

MikigamiTokiya
04-17-2003, 10:12 PM
i'm sure somebody will ^^;; I'm in the same boat is you Kurenai though...heh if I can't go more money for ZX though ^^;;

Scoti
04-17-2003, 10:16 PM
I wouldn't mind doing it if you're stuck

Minakolabelle
04-17-2003, 10:31 PM
from what I've heard from Kisa I think her and I can cover it if Scoti doesn't want to... I have no prob being scary.... I'm all ready goign to tower over most people and I have a huge sword mwahhhhhhhh

heki-chan
04-17-2003, 10:35 PM
Sars shouldnt prevent you from coming to ANorth...AN isnt even techinically *IN* TO in the first place its more lik mississauga/etobicoke imho LOL^_^

as long as u wash ur hands several times a day, keep clean, stay away from ppl who are coffing and wht not. and generally dunt run around kissing ppl/whtevr LOL then its fine. its all the personal bubble-space u know?^_^

its not lik TO is being devastated by Sars, HK is....unfortunately ;_; but not here, the government is handling it exceptionally well and only one new case has been reported the past 2-3 days.

*twirls off* ^_^

~heki

Erilan
04-17-2003, 10:39 PM
What's the big deal about SARS? It isn't that big of a deal, the media is just taking it way out of proportion.

IdatenMiki
04-17-2003, 10:40 PM
*agree's totally with Erilan's comment*

i dont think that sars that big of a problem... i mean yeah people have died from it and shit but c'mon more people have died of the west nile virus than sars.... and almost all of the people who died were people that had direct contact w/ someone or something that went or came from china... -_-'' they had a very big debate about that on one of the local news channels in florida **where i am right now** and i was watching it.

so all of it in a nutshell... if your healthy and not someone with that disease where you catch anything and have to go to the hospital, there is a big chance your not going to get it so dont let it stop you from going to AN

Kisa
04-18-2003, 08:30 AM
Well, short of Nuclear Winter (and thus no transportation) I'll be at AN... I'd glady risk SARS. It's worth it.
Of course, then I could also go around and cough on the doors of the heroin addicts in my building when I got home... but that's another story altogether... ^-^

Scoti
04-18-2003, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by Minakolabelle
from what I've heard from Kisa I think her and I can cover it if Scoti doesn't want to... I have no prob being scary.... I'm all ready goign to tower over most people and I have a huge sword mwahhhhhhhh

I said I'd help I just didn't want the whole thing dropped on me :thumbsup:

I also didn't think there was going to be much a of meeting since the SARS scare but people in the GTA really don't have an excuse not to go (this is just my opinion please don't attack me for it). These are the same people who are still willing to go to malls and schools and not think anything of it. I think it's turned into a racial thing I know a few parents in my area won't let their kids go to AN because they look at it this way:

Anime North= high asain population attending=SARS city

Minakolabelle
04-18-2003, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by Scoti
I said I'd help I just didn't want the whole thing dropped on me :thumbsup:

Okies then how bout the 3 of us then? ^____^ weeee for being felxible

Kurenai
04-18-2003, 03:24 PM
Cool ^_^ As far as I know at this point I am still going, (I don't want to lose my 17.50 deposit OR spend an extra $300 taking a flight to Chicago) but I really appreciate you guys offering to help.

As for SARS, I'm not worried about contracting it. I'm worried about bringing the virus back and having my parents contract it. My dad is older and not in good health at all--specifically the type of people it hits the worst.

Other than that, the basics of con hygiene shouldn't be a problem. ^^

Kurenai
04-20-2003, 11:53 AM
Yes, just confirming that I am -definitely- still going. Unless something really extreme happens in less than a month, which I'm thinking it wont ^_^ Yaaaaay! ::relief at not having to spend more money on plane::

Kisa
04-24-2003, 03:06 PM
Speaking of Photoshoot...

There's a cosplay-related Panel at 2 on Saturday according to Sarcasm on the AN board. Might want to pick a time slightly after that so people can go to it and then to the lobby.
I'd suggest 2:30, and then push all the others back half an hour...

Also, Anime North wants to know when the photoshoot is so they can be there to take photos too.

Kurenai
04-24-2003, 03:43 PM
Hey, thanks for the info ^_^

I sent out an email, so we'll see what Sarcasm has to say about her panel, and she's AN staff too so perhaps I could ask her to relay the time to the other staff members.

Everyone, please keep checking this thread as the times may change! Thanks ^_^v

Sarcasm-hime
04-24-2003, 05:22 PM
Well, panels are officially about 40-50 min. long, so the shoot could be held right after the panel, or right before. According to the schedule it's Materials & Sewing, in Conference Room C. Right after that (in the same room) is Cosplay for Newbies. So we could hold the shoot in between the two, even in that room maybe. ^_^

Kisa
04-25-2003, 01:53 PM
so... ARE times being changed?

Kurenai
04-25-2003, 02:14 PM
I'll go with the time that the most people can go to.

http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=244444#post244444 Please vote here, everyone.

xiola
04-25-2003, 04:11 PM
[rant ahead. sorry -_-] but i think the whole reason the idea of people messing up their plans due to SARS bugs me is this:

i, and many other people, ALREADY LIVE IN TORONTO. we've been living here during the whole thing, and it's not an option for us to just move away to avoid it, and most of us haven't even CONSIDERED that option. i've visted my 80 yr old grandmother within the past 2 weeks. i go on the subway every day. and the fact is, the only symptoms of being sick at ALL i've had during this whole thing is when i was in KINGSTON, living with my friend's cat which made me sneeze occasionaly.

it's not the plague. it's just life, and there's nothing we can do about it. as long as you don't go into a *hospital* you don't have much more to worry about than you would anywhere - you can get killed crossing the street!

so i guess, it kind of makes me resent the people who refuse to come to toronto, selfish as that is, because of this:

Anime North is something i have always felt we should support, because the fact is, we DO lose alot of people to ACEN already. the past two years it's been held on the same weekend, and that bugs me; they never hold cons in the states within travelling distance on the same weekend. basically they think we're some tiny con that's not worth looking at, which has always made me feel more determined to GO, and make anime north a better con. but the thought of losing more people than usual to ACen just because of SARS makes me even more upset :(

so please, anyone who is seriously considering messing up your plans because of this, at least read the SARS mailout from the animenorth mailing list. it explains stuff, and the measures they are planning to make people feel more comfortable even though the chances of anyone getting it at the con are low to begin with.

also, it's 3 weeks away, and for some reason i dont' fully understand, they say it's getting better lately. so it'll probably be better in 3 weeks than it was last week, for example.

Scoti
04-25-2003, 04:27 PM
I 100% agree with you Xiola but I'm afraid that once again the media has won this battle. I'm just lucky that I have friends that are still willing to go with me.
What really bugs me is what the con attendance is going to be like this year (or lack of...)

Kurenai
04-25-2003, 04:29 PM
Heh....maybe this year AN will be tiny like CN but actually good ::cackles::

Xiola, I understand completely. Toronto is a really great city, and probably one of my favorites despite what our lovely media is trying to brainwash me into believing.
And last year's AN was fabulous (when I wasn't working lol). I actually went to ACen as well, and even though it was bigger (and I'm dissapointed I can't go this year to see all the wonderful people I met) AN and ACen were probably just as fun. Get a piano in the Regal Constellation and they're equal to me ^_~

AN is like a home con. It's nice to have something be within a reasonable driving distance. Yay WNY represent XD

Kisa
04-25-2003, 06:26 PM
[cranky]
I don't feel sorry for anyone who can't come, or is too lame to come because they can't read alternative media sources that aren't out to war/fear monger.

In fact, it will probably be one less person to annoy me, and the rest of us are going to have a blast with or without people there.

As for the people going "I can go to "____" con instead! Yay! Envy me!"
Enjoy.
Have fun.
Oo, you can be one of the nameless, faceless group of people caught on fan's view. Wow. Lucky F*cking you.
We don't particularly care!

I rather hope SARS keeps a lot of people away. The best cons are the small ones. less line-ups. Less waiting time to meet people. Less people to smell bad on Sunday. Less annoying kids to scream and run around obnoxiously. Less people trying to get the stuff you want in the dealers room.

[/end cranky]

Minakolabelle
04-25-2003, 06:34 PM
here's an Idea: set a time and keep it. It's not hard to decide weither you go to the cosplay.com shoot or go to the pannel.

There are OTHER shoots (5 other then the cosplay,com one) planned that I'm quite sure will not be moved just because the cosplay.com time can't be decided. We all ready aggreed on the time and the place for it, if people can't make it, sorry about your luck but people have other commitments. if it means missing a photoshoot then oh well life gose on.

Bottom line: Pick a time, pick a place and stick with it. if people can't make it TOO BAD. it's only a simple shoot. Your life won't end if you miss the cosplay.com shoot

so waht if this makes me out to be a B**** neh, this whole thread is lasting long then it should -_-

xiola
04-25-2003, 07:44 PM
kisa's not THAT scary! you're just all wusses! XD *runs away*

...then again, maybe i think that coz i'm almost as scary as her and only LOOK more innocent. 9_9 *innocent*

but eh... i don't know where all the fuss gets started about group shoots - for all of you who are worried about missing it, thsi is for you:

it's a group shot. that means you're a TINY little dot in a regular sized picture. can you use that picture on your website? no. does it show any detail? no. is it of much use to to show people your costume and go "hey, this was me, look at my costume"? no. i'd rather have a costume that's cool enough that a few people will get a WHOLE photo of me whether i'm in an actual photoshoot or not.

but that's just me. of course, it doesn't help that i always cosplay things no one recognizes and look evil in photos. but whatever. *shrugs*

and i do agree small cons are better. i just wish that small cons wouldn't = stupid american cons stepping on our toes on purpose and pretending we dont' exist. but that's just CANADA IN GENERAL for you. i'm just bitchy about canada/usa issues in general and that's a whole different topic. *sigh*

~xiola
[keiBrat||Ashmael]
http://phaonica.com
http://clone-army.org/xiola/comic (this needs updating so badly *sobs*)

Kurenai
04-25-2003, 07:54 PM
Any con is better than no con at all. Eh, whatever. Yay for half of this thread being off-topic spam already. Anyway,

-You- guys presented me with other options (ie the panel room), so don't bite off my head for trying to make a more convenient time for everyone. Before the panel info, the time and place was 1PM on Saturday in the lobby. IT STILL IS.

The poll is up because people suggested a time more relevant to a cosplay panel. If I get most people telling me they want it in the panel room and at 3PM, then I'll see about switching it. No changes have been made!

Got that? For all of those who don't feel like wading through the thread or actually reading:

1 PM on SATURDAY in the LOBBY. As it has been for a while now.

JustinCredible
04-25-2003, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by Kurenai
Heh....maybe this year AN will be tiny like CN but actually good ::cackles::

Hey I loved CNAnime!

Kurenai
04-25-2003, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by JustinCredible
Hey I loved CNAnime!

I do too, but IMO it's not as fun every year as it was the last. Two years ago it kicked ass ^^

xiola
04-25-2003, 08:54 PM
[THIS IS TOTALLY OT, but since it's been mentioned more than once...]

that's because two years ago it kicked ass for 4 specific reasons:

- kuniko ikkuhara
- chiho saitou
- Utena Movie Premiere
- Escaflowne Movie Premiere

i had a hell of a time that year, but i'd be lying if i said that those 4 reasons didn't make up most of it, with the entire rest of my enjoyment being the people i met.

and i'm sorry to say, but that's the ONLY reason it kicked ass. i gave it a chance for 2 more years, and nothing has convinced me otherwise of my opinion that it is the most bullshit corporate con in the area, and the only reason i go is because it is the only end-of-summer cosplay venue where i get to see my friends. ask ANYONE who was in the masquerade last year - *ANYONE*, with the exception of newbies and corporate entries, and i'm sure you'll get the same answer. and this is not the only reason for my severe dislike of the con. believe me, if there was anywhere else to go cosplay at the end of summer before school started that i could afford to get to i would be there instead of at CNA. >_<

[/OT]

so yeah. needless to say, my loyalty lies 100% with Anime North despite their occasional organizational issues because i respect the effort everyone goes through to make it happen, listen to what people want, and to make it a con that's interesting for people who are interested in more than just mainstream anime and overpriced shopping. yay anime north! *sigh*

xiola
04-25-2003, 09:32 PM
(forgot to add...)

i think i should also mention that i have heard from multiple people that ikuhara and chiho saitou were not treated well at all, apparently CNA has terrible foreign guest PR, and thus they would never come back.

then the next year i got to speak to Ikuhara's translator for awhile while i was waiting for my ride on sunday at ACen the next year (the only year i've been able to go to acen), who was there for another guest. i asked him about CNA, and apparently they had all gone to the con for what was next to free compared to what they were usually paid for cons, just because ikuhara was like "hey, let's go to canada while we're at it, it'll be fun!" typa thing. then they get ass treatment. yeah, way to go CNA! -_-

JustinCredible
04-25-2003, 10:25 PM
I will agree without a doubt that 2 years ago did indeed rock the body that rocked the party... but I don't expect it to be that great all the time. Like last year was superb for sci-fi fans... Nic Brendon and Andy Hallet for $40... plus the Andy Hallet Karaoke... anime wise was great in its own respects with the showing of Jin-Roh (Charz Counterattack was dribble... I tried to watch it with full attention, Kia will vouch for me...) and the masq is ALWAYS enjoyable from viewer stand point (although I did feel for the cosplayers who had their skit screwed by the music people...) although KR did stink really bad (sorry to all the KR fans)... I expect down periods because I'm still waiting for a great comic guest like Kevin Smith to come around again... To me CNCBE/ANime/Sci-Fi is an excellent convention... but I go for all 3 aspects. And if you are only going for 1/3 of it... well then you are paying $40 for 1/3 at the end of the day!

Originally posted by xiola
(forgot to add...)

i think i should also mention that i have heard from multiple people that ikuhara and chiho saitou were not treated well at all, apparently CNA has terrible foreign guest PR, and thus they would never come back.

You probably know of the story of the person who shouted @ the beginning of the movie to tell the creators to hurry up and play the movie... I know that person (not going to name names but that person is very truly sorry) (PS... it wasn't me... I swear!)

As for the PR officer from hell,
I feel sorry for ikuhara and chiho saitou for having to deal with a shoddy officer. Hopefully Hobbystar sent an letter of apology to them. Now every keeps on saying yeah their corporate assholes, etc... but I have never had a problem with them and every email or conversation I had with them has been excellent.

Anyways,
this is my first AN so... I'll see how it is supposed to be 'as some of you say' in a couple of weeks.

Kisa
04-25-2003, 10:38 PM
I'm in the CNA=Crappy Con bandwaggon.

Heck, I'd set CNA on fire if I could.
I'm sure the people I was with expected me to by the end of the weekend... And it was because of those people that I didn't.

I can honestly say the Masq. was Sham, the orinization was inept, and we were ripped off as far as anime-related stuff goes. It's SAD when the people who run anime north and toronto trek refuse to do work with CNA/Hobby Star.

Of course, the Staff, when you get them alone and cornered, are quite accomodating but gee, you don't SEE any of them until Sunday afternoon before they kick you out for cleaning. Because trust me, I was looking.

JustinCredible
04-25-2003, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by Kisa
Of course, the Staff, when you get them alone and cornered, are quite accomodating but gee, you don't SEE any of them until Sunday afternoon before they kick you out for cleaning. Because trust me, I was looking.

Nope... see them all the time... when I needed to talk to them, I look and I easily found.

Kisa
04-25-2003, 11:33 PM
Funny that. Our group of about nine people coudln't find anyone until sunday afternoon. And by staff, I don't mean volunteers. We found them in abundance. They weren't helpful either.

Kurenai
04-25-2003, 11:37 PM
Could you guys move this to the CN vs AN thread?

Thankie

:;wanders off sleepyness::

heki-chan
04-26-2003, 11:35 AM
O_o;
sooooooo wht time/place IS this shoot? (._.);

the FF/FFX/FFX-2 shoot's gonna stay put, regardless of panels LOL X_X;
bcuz yeah...too much confusion is bad for the brain juices.

hopefully this gets all sorted out soon, bcuz the gaming staff's schedule is getting put together now i think. so i mite end up missing 80% of everything on saturday..but thats okay

*plug*
SIGNUP FOR CHOCOBORACING AND SSBM OR HEKI'LL CRY
*end plug*
^___^

*adds* and yes AN rocks over CNA anyday ^0^

Kurenai
04-26-2003, 11:48 AM
Currently, the shoot is set for 1 PM in the Lobby on Saturday.

The poll is only up so that if 1PM is a really bad time for everyone, the 3PM time is another option.

Kurenai
04-27-2003, 07:08 PM
Hello, I am no longer going to AN. People I was going with bailed ><, so whoever would like to have their way with this little photoshoot, be my guest.

I hope you guys have a lovely time, though. I'll be looking at pix.

Things you might want to do, for whoever does this:
-make sure ppl know to get badges
-print out some signs (50 or so I guess)
-decide on which time is better (see the poll)

Sorry for the inconvenience, but it can't be helped I guess -_-

kibosh
04-28-2003, 07:16 PM
WHAT?!?!?!? YOU PLAN THIS WHOLE THING AND THEN BAIL!!! My god!!! You must not be a real anime fan....It's a good thing I got my friend Peter Parker to come or else this entire photo-shoot would have been flushed away.....

I still can't believe it!! After all your effort and desire...to just through it all away...and why?? "People I was going with bailed"...That's no excuse...Why...I remember the 'con back in 1998....My friend and I had to hitch-hike from Florida all the way to Toronto!!! It took us 1 and a half weeks IN COSTUME I MIGHT ADD!!! Sure, there was the occasional mishap here and there, and the occasional "favors" for rides...but we still made it dammit!!

Anyways...my question is are there any chicks going to this thing and do any wanna hook up after the con? I'm in room 1904 (already booked from last year). Oh....and if anyone wants a ride, let me know! ;)

Minakolabelle
04-28-2003, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by kibosh
Anyways...my question is are there any chicks going to this thing and do any wanna hook up after the con? I'm in room 1904 (already booked from last year). Oh....and if anyone wants a ride, let me know! ;)

I thoought this was suppose to be a family rated message board not a who want to hook up with a cosplaying chick board -_-

JustinCredible
04-28-2003, 11:16 PM
Originally posted by kibosh

Yeah sure...
I will be bringing chicks and a variety of other animals... if you are nice I will give you a nice little chick after the weekend is done.

Also will you have incubators or newspapers layed out in your room... because when these chicks get excited... it takes a LONG time to clean up!

heki-chan
04-28-2003, 11:44 PM
LOL!!! i dunt think that was the best way to make an impression ^_~;;

Minakolabelle
04-29-2003, 11:29 AM
you are truly a sad indivual.... it's really to bad that your making an ass out of your self before you got to know every on on these boards. if you would know that Kisa has all ready claimed me for the weekend of AN

Limeyaku
04-29-2003, 02:47 PM
*sorry for off-topicness*

is anyone else seeing a just a SMALL problem here with 'kibosh'? ... is there a specific way to contact admins about banning?

*agrees GREATLY with minako* and YEESH! everyone should know that kao is claimed. LOL

Rosiel
04-29-2003, 03:15 PM
> is there a specific way to contact admins about banning?

I'm on it. ^_^

The way to tell us that something needs to be done is to click on "Report this post to a moderator" and explain the situation.

Limeyaku
04-29-2003, 03:30 PM
ah, thanks. didnt even see that. ^_^;; *shakes fist at small resolution and forgetfulness of glasses*

**back on topic**

how many people are expected to show up for the gathering at AN? anyone have any rough numbers? and...was a special badge/sticker thing decided on?

Minakolabelle
04-29-2003, 05:31 PM
**off topic** Thank you Rosiel m(_ _)m

xiola
04-29-2003, 07:39 PM
[minako: i wouldn't worry, he's obviously just kidding, considering the paragraph before that one is obviously silly - and besides, he already knows some of the people from kingston :P]

... and if kisa claims you then i claim kisa! XD *clings*

as for meeting... i remember someone (scoti i think?) posted an image for a cosply.com badge to be printed out somewhere on one of these threads... ah, here it is.

BADGE! PRINT THIS OUT!

http://www.webpost.net/sc/Scoti/ANbadge.jpg

(courtesy of scoti)

Minakolabelle
04-29-2003, 08:32 PM
so it's a three some now?