PDA

View Full Version : Who's arriving Thursday night?

Valgaav_Xellos
05-11-2006, 03:25 PM
Just wondering who's getting a head start and arriving early? I'll be there Thursday night more than likely (provided my school's exam schedule permits, lol) and I'll be down there with a friend of mine too. :D

So? What are you guys going to do? >_> I think it'd be cool if we did a big dinner or something thursday night anyway xD

Meh. Just a thought. ^-^;

Darth Takeo
05-11-2006, 03:58 PM
If you could convince the rest of the Team to go Thursday...

dExtrosien
05-11-2006, 09:44 PM
I work part time in Henrico(actually it's next door to the Sheraton where AMA3 was held). I normally work there in the morning and then come back to the Heights for my second job. By the time the con happens I might've left the job here or I'll be going there in the mornings to hopefully train the new person that'll be replacing me. So I was seriously considering heading out that way Thursday night and see if maybe I could be any help getting things ready and getting together with some other people might be fun, particularly if we can get a good crowd. I'll mention this on the AMA Yahoo Group too and see if there is some interest there.

samt03
05-12-2006, 11:30 PM
I'll be there Thursday night as will littledevil. (Someone I know is trying to talk myself, littledevil and another person into cosplaying on Thursday night and going some place 'normal' to take pics.

GreatSG
05-13-2006, 08:30 AM
I've yet to determine if i'll arrive Thursday or Friday, I have to contact the people i'm rooming with and the people riding up with me to get things taken care of. Hopefully it won't be like last year where I ended up going to the con in the middle of friday night and arrived at 4am. @_@

Valgaav_Xellos
05-15-2006, 07:13 PM
Hm, well as of now it seems indefinite for a lot of people ^-^; Maybe we cna plan a dinner or gathering (or something) once more people figure out what's going on. ^-^;

dExtrosien
05-18-2006, 12:52 AM
I'll definitely be working in that area that day so if my costume stuff is ready it might be really fun to wander around somewhere. Around the VCU campus(before it starts to get dark) and/or Willow Lawn Shopping Center(more towards the West End, but the closest thing to a mall in the area) could be interesting.

Solairis
05-22-2006, 02:27 PM
I'll be there thursday night, I live in the area around matoaca - just far enough away that it's inconvinient. I go to VCU and work right down the street though, so I'll be checking in right after class!

.....gives me an excuse to eat at all the Japanese resturants on main st and in the area :D~~~

bamboocactus
05-26-2006, 07:11 PM
Valgaav, being as how you're going to be there early, I'm charging you with the task of locating the good eateries! Our resident crackheaded Sasuke isn't going to be there to drag us to McDonald's every twenty minutes, so let's find some reasonably healthy places to refuel, eh? ^^;

Valgaav_Xellos
05-30-2006, 01:56 PM
Hahaha, true that. I'll see if I can hunt something up. :D

Giant Alucard
06-09-2006, 06:13 PM
It seems i managed to get the time off from my job, so i should be arriving there on thursday, not sure what time.

dExtrosien
06-11-2006, 10:09 PM
Mr. Fortner just posted this to the AMA Mailing list for those of you not on it. I'm probably going to leave work around 4 to have time to meet my b/f and let us get changed. It might be fun to meet up with some of you for dinner somewhere and then we'll probably head over and see if we can help out for a while.

Re: For those showing up on Thursday night
Posted by: "E Fortner" animemidatlantic@yahoo.com
Fri Jun 9, 2006 7:40 am (PST)
We will have some crash space on Thursday night and we can use some volunteers on thursday to help in some setup, etc. You can report to room E22b for volunteer assignments and signup.

Thanks,

Edward Fortner
Chairman/CEO Anime Mid-Atlantic

AgentOS
06-13-2006, 06:40 PM
You locals ( I live around the area where AMA was last year) make me laugh. VCU not after dark and run down Willow Lawn haha. Anyway I work during the week and am taking off half-day friday. Like the previous person I live far enough out and have to get up early friday to not merit a trip downtown. I will see all of you friday afternoon though.

dExtrosien
06-14-2006, 12:20 AM
You locals ( I live around the area where AMA was last year) make me laugh. VCU not after dark and run down Willow Lawn haha. Anyway I work during the week and am taking off half-day friday. Like the previous person I live far enough out and have to get up early friday to not merit a trip downtown. I will see all of you friday afternoon though.

Well, downtown is only a little bit closer for me than Midlothian(say 10 mins), but since I'll already be in the area I want to at least help out. I'm not sure I want to bother with the costumes on Thursday night now. We might just eat and head over to put in some volunteer work. Hopefully we'll see some of you there.