PDA

View Full Version : good anime for fat

Hellzo
05-11-2006, 05:33 PM
I'm bored and I wanted to know what are there any really good fat anime characters to cosplay as.

LaSaint
05-11-2006, 05:47 PM
the only one I can ever think of is that guy from cowboy bebop.. who knew faye? I cant remember his name..

or Don Corneo from FFVII

WilwarinAndamar
05-11-2006, 07:12 PM
Depending on how big you are, there's plenty from FullMetal Alchemist: Gluttony, Breda, Fury, Cornello, Sieg...

Zipo
05-11-2006, 07:24 PM
I wouldn't recommend actively seeking fat characters if you want to look your best. Instead, try looking for costumes that complement your physique rather than make it look worse.

For instance, I've known larger girls who've done shrine maiden Miaka from Fushigi Yuugi. It looks good because it's so big and flowing. ^_^ Male characters in trenchcoats and such work nicely for larger guys.

Also, sometimes it's good to go as a "hulking brute" character when you've got a lot of meat to spare. I've seen a taller, heavier guy go as Astaroth from Soul Calibur. Even with an open chest, it worked well.

If I'm going to throw political correctness out the window, the most successful "fat" cosplay I've seen was E. Honda from Street Fighter 2 (the sumo wrestler). That's the only time I've seen a highly obese person wear a shirtless cosplay... and it actually look good, true to the character, and *not* distasteful. :P

The Lost Catboy
05-11-2006, 09:25 PM
Totoro!

Sizzles
05-11-2006, 09:36 PM
snorelax!

xinababo
05-12-2006, 12:05 PM
I've seen a large girl cosplay MAI and she actually did a pretty nice job of it o_o

Hmm...large characters:

Chouji
Queene Brahne - FFIX(would be such an awesome cosplay)
Steiner - FFIX

SamuraiArren
05-13-2006, 06:06 PM
Chouji from Naruto or Gluttony from Fullmetal Alchemist... both are known for their tendency to eat

SaccharineDream
05-13-2006, 10:20 PM
I totally agree with Zipo (you have a cute avi BTW) that you should instead look for costumes that would flatter your body. I'm pretty average, but there's a lot of things I wouldn't wear that an "average" girl in anime wears because it would look dreadful in real life on a correctly proportioned person... Thats just my my opinion though. Shoot for the stars, be whoever you want, but please, everybody, do it tastefully ^^

haruna
05-14-2006, 02:57 PM
Etoh from Record of Lodoss Wars. The robes he wears certainly make him look that way...
http://www.terrediconfine.net/fumetti/manga/images/lodoss/etoh.jpg

TsukasaAmou
05-14-2006, 09:16 PM
:toothy: I wouldn't recommend actively seeking fat characters if you want to look your best. Instead, try looking for costumes that complement your physique rather than make it look worse.

For instance, I've known larger girls who've done shrine maiden Miaka from Fushigi Yuugi. It looks good because it's so big and flowing. ^_^ Male characters in trenchcoats and such work nicely for larger guys.

Also, sometimes it's good to go as a "hulking brute" character when you've got a lot of meat to spare. I've seen a taller, heavier guy go as Astaroth from Soul Calibur. Even with an open chest, it worked well.

If I'm going to throw political correctness out the window, the most successful "fat" cosplay I've seen was E. Honda from Street Fighter 2 (the sumo wrestler). That's the only time I've seen a highly obese person wear a shirtless cosplay... and it actually look good, true to the character, and *not* distasteful. :P

Well, I disagree. If you're "fat", then a fat character might look really nice on a bigger person. If you try to be someone who is smaller, I think it makes people look worse. I'm not trying to arguee this person, but I've seen really good looking people who are "fat" but because they wear things that fit them, they look really goood in it. While playing an obivous skinny character can make people look fatter. Also another good thing about playing fat characters is that you are playing another person that other people who are skinnier have a hard time playing. It also makes the "fat" characters look really good and displays nicely in a gathering. I really think that if you are "fat" then play a "fat" character. You can play skinnier characters as well, but fatter characters also need to be played. A lot of anime is all skinny people and it's hard to find "fat" characters. If you do a fat character I would be happy to take pictures of it because that's awesome.

fat anime characters:
Chouji

http://pierrot.jp/title/naruto/radio/images/intv/chara/chouji.gif

Yuki Souma
05-15-2006, 12:19 AM
Choiji from Naruto and Buccha from Airgear are all I can think of off hand.

Venus Knight
05-15-2006, 12:45 AM
Do you mean really fat or just overweight? anyway the first character that came to mind for me was Quina from FF9. A random lolita might be good too.

Unknowbie
05-16-2006, 08:43 PM
Also you can look for super muscular characters as well. Add a little padding for muscles and it can help hide the weight. Big armored characters are good as well :)

This is a good idea for a thread anyways. Lots of people asked about black cosplayers, or costumes with glasses, ect, so why not people who have some extra padding :)

Yunri-Chan
05-17-2006, 12:22 AM
Yeah, I don't think that a cosplayer should necessarily search for 'fat' characters just because they think they are... But anyways, you asked, so here we go.

Chouji- Naruto
Gluttony- FMA

Although I've *never* ever seen this, I'm also thinking that big baby from Spirited Away! Or the mouse. XD

Kesra
05-17-2006, 01:46 AM
There's that one guy in the Lablanc Syndicate in FFX2 I do beleive....Oh and Maester Mika....From FFX

Hanyaan
05-17-2006, 01:54 AM
More overweight guys need to cosplay as Porco Rosso. Just sayin'.

Actually, just about EVERY ghibli movie has characters that because of their build would look best if cosplayed by a larger person.

Eleryth
05-17-2006, 02:46 AM
Sad thing is, there are lots of threads like this, but you can't find them searching for "fat" because it's under the 4-letter limit. Perhaps try searching "large" or "plus size" and see what comes up?

Others...

- Forgot the name, but he's from Cinderella Boy
- forgot the name as well, but the guy with the mohawk from one of the first eps in Trigun (there's probably more in Trigun as well, maybe, but I can't remember)
- Chouji's Dad (Naruto)
- any mascot costume (Gloomy bear, Totoro (as mentioned), moogle, Panda guy from Ranma...)

Hmm, lets see if I can find any of these threads I speak of.
Here's a few (they are all different threads):
http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=69427&highlight=large%2Bplus
http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=68798&highlight=large%2Bplus
http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=63402&highlight=large%2Bplus
http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=61398&highlight=large%2Bplus
http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=51261&highlight=large%2Bplus
http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=31653&highlight=large%2Bplus

Hope that's enough to get you started. I searched "large+plus" (no "") in the forum search for newbies. There might be more in the General help forum as well.

Duffadash
05-19-2006, 09:30 PM
Hikaru Ichibanboshi from Green Green... Now THAT'd be funny! ^^
(just watch out for people cosplaying bear-like characters... especially if they're homosexual and roleplayers... *shudder*)

Inuyasha_Kun
05-19-2006, 10:08 PM
I am going ot be Cosplaying as Inuyasha and I am an overweight person.. but...

oohh the dogman thing off of the Ranma 1/2 movie 2!
Theres that demon thing on Inuyasha that shrinks everyone O.O

thats all I can remember right now

oohhh I remembered.. DUH

Kaede from Inuyasha!!!!!!

ChaosButterfly
05-20-2006, 05:55 PM
Notes: These are likely to be VERY flashy, and VERY complicated, but worth it if you try.
These will be all video game related primarily.

Tokugawai Ieyasu from Samurai Warriors
Shingen Takeda also from Samurai Warriors
Shima Sakon ditto.
Dynasty Warriors people:
Xiahou Yuan
Xu Zhu
Dong Zhuo

Zabi aka Q-Ball from Devil Kings

More conventional ones:
King of Fighters
Chang (if shaving your head is an option. ^_^')
Goenitz (Make use of belts to hold you in maybe?)
Maxima (more stocky/muscular >.< But potentially?)

Kyoshiro from Samurai Spirits (maybe in his earlier costumes?)

Gaira also from Samurai Spirits
Gao from Samurai Spirits

Abyss from Marvel Vs. Capcom 2

Raiden/Big Bear from Fatal Fury (in the motion picture he is wearing a tan suit)

Daigo from Rival Schools (use the wrap around the stomach to cinch a bit)

Demuth from Soul Calibur III
Giradot from Soul Calibur III

Gantetsu (older games) from Plasma Sword and Star Gladiator

Also from that game (Wookie rip off anyone?) Gamof

Think I'll leave it at that for now. ^_^'

Killer_Tofu
05-24-2006, 03:30 AM
dont forget pence from kingdom hearts 2 and the catcher (mao i think) from princess nine

Juliokiie
03-11-2007, 08:21 PM
awe, if I saw someone cosplaying pence I think that would just be adorable! Yeah any overweight guy reading this should deff cosplay pence. ^o^

KarasaurusRexxx
03-11-2007, 10:10 PM
Choji Akimichi from Naruto!!!!!!!!!!!!

Razia
03-11-2007, 10:47 PM
It's not anime, but there's Ursela from The Little Mermaid.

Usachan
03-11-2007, 10:55 PM
Hmmm...do you like video game characters? If so, there's Majiin Buu from DBZGT.

Faust-ni-gami
03-12-2007, 12:29 AM
Heart or Fudo from Hokuto No Ken.
And Usachan, DBZGT is an anime too.

RikoBurandetsu
03-12-2007, 01:30 AM
If you're older...
Chief Yagami, Death Note
Akimichi Choza, Naruto
Sarutobi Asuma, Naruto
Kaede, Inuyasha
Zaraki Kenpachi, Bleach

If you're younger...
Akimichi Choji, Naruto

Those are all I can think of at the moment!

Ron Jr
03-13-2007, 09:17 PM
More overweight guys need to cosplay as Porco Rosso. Just sayin'.

Actually, just about EVERY ghibli movie has characters that because of their build would look best if cosplayed by a larger person.

I was going to say the same thing. Also if you are tall Kikacho (spelling?) from Samurai 7. Also the scotish pilot from Area 88 is fairly large in a bear sort of way.

rocketman1670
03-17-2007, 04:34 PM
Helpful thread, thanks folks! I was thinking I could probably pull off Rude from FFVII: AC in a pinch, since I have the suit already. I'll be watching this one closely because Otakon is coming up and I doubt I can get down to "Main Character" dimensions before then.

Juliokiie
04-30-2007, 06:14 PM
Lulu from final fantasy 10 would look amazing on a bigger girl. Maybe not a huge girl but a bigger busty "thick" girkl could pull that off and look really good doing it.
Any world of warcraft players out there?
Tauren male and female [haha]
Dreani males are very large
Orc males.:toothy:

Paper_Alchemist
05-01-2007, 08:35 AM
The only thing i can think of is gluttony from FMA and takanuchi from Crow high. Hope that helps!

TR Rose
05-01-2007, 09:01 AM
There's also Wario - either the outfit that looks like Mario's but in different colors, or the motorcycle getup from the WarioWare series.

Crimson Firefly
05-01-2007, 02:01 PM
The Witch of the Wilds (http://www.hirvine.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2006/07/HowlMovingCastle_09.png) from Howl's Moving Castle
Junpei (http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/8/8d/Char-junpei.jpg) from Digimon Frontier
Casio (http://digilander.libero.it/Hyper_Shinchan/casio_chars.png) from Gunbuster 2

Misheru-dono
05-01-2007, 03:29 PM
Chouji from Naruto

Metatron
05-01-2007, 07:08 PM
Pierrot le fou from cowboy bebop or bob pounmax from gungrave. I know its insulting, but atleast he had several different sizes through out the show. He started at like 100 - 105lb then ending near 450lb

PepeluTivursky
05-01-2007, 09:16 PM
Lulu from final fantasy 10 would look amazing on a bigger girl. Maybe not a huge girl but a bigger busty "thick" girkl could pull that off and look really good doing it.
Any world of warcraft players out there?
Tauren male and female [haha]
Dreani males are very large
Orc males.:toothy:

I would pay money to see a well-done Draenei male cosplay.
Hubba hubba :love: Love how that race looks :3

RavenDreams
05-02-2007, 03:24 AM
Pence from Kingdom Hearts II
Snorelax from Pokemon
Gluttony from Full Metal Alchemist
Chouji from Naruto
Yubaba from Spirited Away (if you're willing to crossplay an oldish lady)
Pete from Kingdom Hearts II
Oogie Boogie from KH and Nightmare Before Christmas
Barret from Final Fantasy VII
Ormi from Final Fantasy X-2

That's all I can think of at the moment...

pretty_in_pink
05-02-2007, 03:15 PM
Well if u wouldn't maind cosplaying an older character there's always Dola from Castle in the Sky. Otherwise all I can think of is Choji, Gluttony, and Father Cornello.

RainingWendy
05-12-2007, 06:50 PM
I would just say cosplay as something you want to, I mean I am big and I am going to cosplay as something ...not sure what but just as they do not wear bikinies and what not i am good ^^

Fee
05-13-2007, 03:34 PM
K, i agree that there are plenty of anime characters that look good on plus size cosplayers.

lulu-final fantasy X
Auron- ffx
master mika- ffx
queen braun- ffix
beatrix- ffix
quina- ffix
stiener- ffix
amarant- ffix
cloud (kh2 or advent children version) ffvii
cait sith- ffvii
don corneo- ffvii
president shinra- ffvii
wedge- ffvii
professor hojo- ffvii
heidegger- ffvii
sabin- ffvi
edgar- ffvi
gogo- ffvi
galuf- ffv
paladin cecil- ffiv
kain- ffiv
kefka- ffvi
white mage-ff
black mage- ff
fighter- ff
red mage- ff
gudo- dbz
majin buu- dbz
fake hakkai- saiyuki
doukugakuji (reload version)- saiyuki
lady gokumen- saiyuki
hazel's bodyguard- saiyuki

i know there's more, but that's all i can think of right now.

yukarividel
08-02-2008, 04:09 PM
Pence from Kingdom Hearts II

crystaldragon
08-02-2008, 09:49 PM
:toothy:

Well, I disagree. If you're "fat", then a fat character might look really nice on a bigger person. If you try to be someone who is smaller, I think it makes people look worse. I'm not trying to arguee this person, but I've seen really good looking people who are "fat" but because they wear things that fit them, they look really goood in it. While playing an obivous skinny character can make people look fatter. Also another good thing about playing fat characters is that you are playing another person that other people who are skinnier have a hard time playing. It also makes the "fat" characters look really good and displays nicely in a gathering. I really think that if you are "fat" then play a "fat" character. You can play skinnier characters as well, but fatter characters also need to be played. A lot of anime is all skinny people and it's hard to find "fat" characters. If you do a fat character I would be happy to take pictures of it because that's awesome.

fat anime characters:
Chouji

yeah, but, it depends on what you mean by fat. for example, if someone has a curvy body structure, and some extra fat on them, it'd be better for them to go in a costume that accentuates their curves, instead of looking for an overweight character

precious
08-03-2008, 03:04 PM
The Major from Hellsing would always work.

SailorKnight
08-04-2008, 09:17 AM
A cosplay that looks good on a fat cosplayer is any character the cosplayer likes. :)

Tabby Catty
08-04-2008, 09:47 AM
There is also Futomomo from 666 Satan/O Parts Hunter too!

greenkittie
08-05-2008, 08:48 AM

I saw a fat girl doing lulu and her boobs nearly popped out on stage. She was very rude to me so it served her right!

edwardsan
08-05-2008, 10:19 AM
It doesn't matter how big you are as long as you wear something modest you will look fine. Don't call yourself fat either, you are special in your own way and don't need to mock yourself.

Love you for who you are and any cosplay will look great.^^

Dead_Eight
08-08-2008, 07:01 PM
I can't think anything off hand for actual characters but I'd say most people(like me) who haven't been in the single digit sizes since the 8th grade know that making your self look good is all about the style of clothes you're wearing.

For me there is a difference, I would never cosplay say... Winry from FMA, I would possibly cosplay Lust though. That seems strange cuz I'd say they're about the same size. The thing is with Winry wearing crop top black strapless thing and overalls I would look like a mess. But with Lust in a flattering long black dress, wig and stylish gloves I think it could be a decent cosplay. I wouldn't look like a size zero but the costume would be made to flatter the parts of my body that are beautiful and not emphasize the ugly.

Sparky06
08-08-2008, 10:49 PM
Choiji from Naruto and Buccha from Airgear are all I can think of off hand.

I really like these ones. =)

For females, the queen from ff9 or izuzu fromn tenhjo tenge. =)

As for those saying NOT to dress like a fat person...please..dont say things like that >< I dont know how many times I wanted to cry because I've seen fat auska or fat felica..or gothic lolita AH thats the worst! A cotton candy blimp! BUT I totally admire the realization and agustment to look tastful..and not traying to hard with a 3 belly middriff.

edwardsan
08-09-2008, 10:39 PM
I really like these ones. =)

For females, the queen from ff9 or izuzu fromn tenhjo tenge. =)

As for those saying NOT to dress like a fat person...please..dont say things like that >< I dont know how many times I wanted to cry because I've seen fat auska or fat felica..or gothic lolita AH thats the worst! A cotton candy blimp! BUT I totally admire the realization and agustment to look tastful..and not traying to hard with a 3 belly middriff.

I'm not understanding where you are coming from. Umm. Is this a bashing comment towards fat people? There is nothing wrong with being bigger, just because you're big doesn't mean you can't cosplay. :argue:

Beating people up about it and saying that fat gothic lolitas look awful is rude to. I am sorry if I don't understand your comment but from what I'm reading it doesn't sound completely respectful towards bigger people.

It's true I have seen some big people cosplay badly, and they don't look flattering. That's just because they aren't choosing the right outfit for their body. It doesn't mean their ugly or hideous. I have seen so many big people cosplay as their fave characters.

I was at a con last year and saw a larger lady cosplaying Alphonse Elric and she did fine. She was bold and did what she loved no matter who would make fun of her.:bigtu:

Learn to accept others and yourself. That's what cosplay is about.. accepting your body and being proud of it.:crylaugh:

Oh well, I have spent to much time typing this up. BTW, keep in mind.. in case I misinterpreted anything just write me back and correct me. Sometimes things are hard to translate over the internet :chatah: and it can make things confusing.

Oh well, hope I helped!^^

-Edwardsanthemighty :angel2:

Sparky06
08-09-2008, 11:31 PM
I'm not understanding where you are coming from. Umm. Is this a bashing comment towards fat people? There is nothing wrong with being bigger, just because you're big doesn't mean you can't cosplay. :argue:

Beating people up about it and saying that fat gothic lolitas look awful is rude to. I am sorry if I don't understand your comment but from what I'm reading it doesn't sound completely respectful towards bigger people.

It's true I have seen some big people cosplay badly, and they don't look flattering. That's just because they aren't choosing the right outfit for their body. It doesn't mean their ugly or hideous. I have seen so many big people cosplay as their fave characters.

I was at a con last year and saw a larger lady cosplaying Alphonse Elric and she did fine. She was bold and did what she loved no matter who would make fun of her.:bigtu:

Learn to accept others and yourself. That's what cosplay is about.. accepting your body and being proud of it.:crylaugh:

Oh well, I have spent to much time typing this up. BTW, keep in mind.. in case I misinterpreted anything just write me back and correct me. Sometimes things are hard to translate over the internet :chatah: and it can make things confusing.

Oh well, hope I helped!^^

-Edwardsanthemighty :angel2:

No no no, don't get me wrong! I'm not bashing at all! I'm saying I admire heavier-set individuals who cosplay as heavier set individuals. I was trying to say I don't mind tastful cosplay...as long as it's not plug suit auska or Gurren laggan Yokko....

xMandiex
08-10-2008, 12:09 AM
I'm in the "dress for what you can wear" camp. I see exactly where Sparky was coming from. Being heavy does mean you need to make adjustments - so don't put yourself in a situation where you're wearing a short little skirt and/or a belly shirt; show taste.

Just like us scrawny people need to show taste too. We can show more skin but some take it WAY too far. So it's just a matter of taste and adjusting to flatter ones body type - I've seen very small people make a bad choice and look AWFUL.

I'd suggest things in black, or with armor - but nothing spandex or tiny-skirted... and of course now I can't think of the anime was going to suggest. DRAT. I've seen a lot of heavy people look amazing in a properly made kimono, really.

edwardsan
08-10-2008, 09:48 AM
Oh ok, well as long as you weren't being mean, I didn't think you were but you never know. I aqree, that adjustments need to be made as well. A bigger person can't walk around looking like flabby city. Short skirts,Exposing belly shirts do not look good on bigger people. Yet I have seen it in cosplay.

Any who, glad you weren't picking on anyone [ I didn't think you were]. You make a good point about that.^^

-Edwardsan

Fisume
08-10-2008, 05:51 PM
dont know if this has been said but Telma (http://www.zeldawiki.org/images/thumb/2/20/TelmaConceptArt.jpg/180px-TelmaConceptArt.jpg) from Legend of Zelda seems to be on the larger size

edwardsan
08-10-2008, 06:50 PM
Yea but she exposes a lot of cleavage to.lol Not an appropriate cosplay for the younger audience who is big. But for adults it is fine. I also have yet to see an awesome Telma cosplay. Telma is quite pretty to...^^

Dead_Eight
08-10-2008, 07:34 PM
Yea but she exposes a lot of cleavage to.lol Not an appropriate cosplay for the younger audience who is big. But for adults it is fine. I also have yet to see an awesome Telma cosplay. Telma is quite pretty to...^^

Srsly? There was a ZTP group not long ago who had a really good Telma. I think the Link(the underwater armor version) got the Costume showcase for awhile.

But yeah, I doubt that any skinny cosplayer could ever do a good Telma, ever. I mean when I think about my friends(they don't even cosplay) I'm like "man I wish I looked like her so I could do xyz costume." then I think yeah but look at all the costumes she can't do because she is so short, skinny, girly, and just not masculine at all. She could never crossplay anything convincingly. Aswell all my friends being almost completely flat, so sure they're skinny but they still wouldn't make a really good Orhime or or Tsunade or actually any girl with boobs.

And in the end I still decided to do the costume, yeah I'll probably be the tallest person to ever cosplay Seth from Trinity Blood but hell it'll be an impressive costume if I do it right.

Jequila
08-10-2008, 08:18 PM
Kurita from eyeshield 21! =D
He's the big one in the back.
http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/1748/eyeshield0101jl1.jpg

Sparky06
08-12-2008, 05:01 PM
Ohh...I've seen a few good heavier set tsunades.=) I think inuyasha might be good to...he's got alot of coverage.

Sparky06
08-12-2008, 05:03 PM
Oh ok, well as long as you weren't being mean, I didn't think you were but you never know. I aqree, that adjustments need to be made as well. A bigger person can't walk around looking like flabby city. Short skirts,Exposing belly shirts do not look good on bigger people. Yet I have seen it in cosplay.

Any who, glad you weren't picking on anyone [ I didn't think you were]. You make a good point about that.^^

-Edwardsan I'm sorry if I ca,e off that way ^^;;; I just saw all the posts that said "Do what you want!" And had to at least say "But please..do it tastefull".

thanks xMandiex for...putting what I wanted to say in better words.

Blackjack Gabbi
08-15-2008, 05:37 AM
Chuck (http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Chuck), Wattson (http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Wattson), Captain Phantom (http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Phantom), Morrison (http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Morrison), andProfessor Birch (http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Professor_Birch) from Pokémon are some nice chubby men...Also, Phantom has an *awesome* outfit (shame his movie sucked).

...it's kinda short on chubby women, but there's Bertha (http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Bertha) (possibly anyway, since she's always wearing that heavy coat)...and...um...hmm. Pokémon's *really* short on chubby gals. That's a shame. Although a large Erika (http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Erika) would be sweeeeeet...

Kais_lil_angel
03-23-2009, 02:58 AM
A cosplay that looks good on a fat cosplayer is any character the cosplayer likes. :)

That's an awesome quote. I'm gonna read it every time I doubt if I should cosplay or not. ^__^

KamenZero
05-12-2009, 03:28 PM
Me and a friend are going to the mall with other peoples and we're cosplaying. I came across this thread when I was on google looking up fat anime characters and then I started looking at images. I found a good one for us. :D

http://www.nerf-herders-anonymous.net/images/JohnRatzenberger_SpiritedAway_Aogaeru.jpg

We're gonna make a paper mache frog head and get a blue robe, maybe some body paint and stuff.

Digikgirl
06-12-2009, 10:26 PM
If you're a girl, there are always the females from Real Drive. Aoi Minamo is cutely chubby, and Holon is pretty hot I think. So there are two possibilities for you. :D

http://www.1999.co.jp/itbig07/10078888a8.jpg

http://www.ntv.co.jp/RD/character/images/img_minamo_body.jpg

DespairedPheonix
06-14-2009, 01:42 PM
:toothy:

fat anime characters:
Chouji

I do agree with this, however I believe big people can pull off slender characters as well so long as its fitting. My friend who's really big cosplayed as Himiko from the getbackers also.

Also, you can also look for BIG characters, for instance Jiraiya from Naruto is BIG but he's not FAT, but even so, his clothes are baggy and such. [He's also the only person I can think of that hasn't already been said XD]

Foxberry
06-16-2009, 05:51 AM
Personally I'd have to agree with the suggestion of Telma. She's a very neat character and her overall appearance isn't bad looking like Gluttony or something. She has nice curves and overall is a lovely heavy woman, and quite busty lol

MemoryOfAlessa
06-17-2009, 09:38 PM
Personally, I've seen a lot of plus-sized girls pull off some really nice Lulu's from Final Fantasy X, that could work. But really, in the end you should just be whoever you want, but at least consider if the outfit will look flattering for you. A tube top and short-shorts ... er, not so much. A long sleeved dress, school uniform or trench coat? Maybe! <3

gracie1226
06-18-2009, 10:50 PM
I wouldn't recommend actively seeking fat characters if you want to look your best. Instead, try looking for costumes that complement your physique rather than make it look worse.

i agree with this. just be who you want to be tho

spectackkled
06-25-2009, 09:28 PM
i dunno. what is your fat like?

Nightlotus
11-03-2009, 04:53 PM
That one fat guy from Paprika!

mirrorsaber
11-03-2009, 07:53 PM
That one fat guy from Paprika!

uhh..don't rise up a thread again. This thread has been dead for ahwile. I think the guy who posted this originally probably has some ideas now.

RavenDreams
11-03-2009, 10:15 PM
uhh..don't rise up a thread again. This thread has been dead for ahwile. I think the guy who posted this originally probably has some ideas now.

I think it's a good idea to keep this thread active so that anyone else who has the same question can see that there are many options. Also, so people can be aware that cosplay is a very versatile thing and not meant for just one body type.

mirrorsaber
11-04-2009, 11:34 PM
I think it's a good idea to keep this thread active so that anyone else who has the same question can see that there are many options. Also, so people can be aware that cosplay is a very versatile thing and not meant for just one body type.

This type of question has appeared many times and most people won't respond to this thread (especially new people) so just let it die. Plus, this thread was originally for the person who created it, not others.

YanagiYoruko
11-05-2009, 08:47 PM
Forgive me for replying, but I'm surprised nobody brought up the Millennium Earl from D.Gray-man. He's one of my favorite characters :)

Chergnomebyl
11-06-2009, 10:36 PM
Buu!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;]

Inuyasha_Kun
11-06-2009, 10:53 PM
did anyone mention Yajurobi from from Dragon ball Z? What saga was he in again?

Chergnomebyl
11-06-2009, 10:56 PM
do you mean Yajirobe? ^.^

Inuyasha_Kun
11-06-2009, 11:04 PM
do you mean Yajirobe? ^.^

yes yes him!

Chergnomebyl
11-06-2009, 11:08 PM
hahaha that would be lovely to see.

Tampopo_Hoshi
11-07-2009, 01:04 AM
did anyone mention Yajurobi from from Dragon ball Z? What saga was he in again?

Yajirobe originally appeared in Dragon Ball. Speaking of which, there are quite a few "fat" characters in Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball Z.

Mr. Popo
Majin Buu
Oolong
Gyumao [Known as Ox King in English version; Chi Chi's father]
Emperor Pilaf
King Kai
Guldo

Chergnomebyl
11-07-2009, 04:31 PM
OH! I would love to see someone cosplay oolong!!

Tampopo_Hoshi
11-07-2009, 07:12 PM
I would love to see people cosplay alot of the Dragon Ball characters.

Chergnomebyl
11-07-2009, 07:25 PM
Yeah very true. Someday I will make me a cell.

distantarray
11-07-2009, 10:36 PM
I would pay money to see a well-done Draenei male cosplay.
Hubba hubba :love: Love how that race looks :3

lol damn you like HUGE guys :p

I'd pay money to see a Futomaki cosplay :D

http://www.masuya.com.au/images/menu_photo/makoto_city/takeaway/18_futomaki.jpg

Futomaki just translates into thick roll in sushi :bigtu:

Hellzo
11-19-2009, 07:40 PM
Its been what 3 years and I still haven't done a good cosplay but I think I'm just going to start doing oxking.

meepstio
11-20-2009, 05:21 PM
Bob (http://pub.gamingw.net/24136/T6_Bob.jpg) from tekken 6!

Pokeboy
11-25-2009, 12:35 PM
Hmm Buccha from Airgear or maybe a bigger Pokemon, like Snorlax?

ryke_moymoy
03-05-2010, 11:08 AM
Im a big Guy, from the Philippines, here are some of the cosplays i've done.

Masonicon
07-06-2010, 11:21 PM
How about Junpei "JP" Shibayama from Digimon as well Cyborg from Teen Titans and any C&C4: Tiberian twilight Infantry unit?

PeaceOfMind
07-07-2010, 08:05 PM
I would love to see some bigger girls cosplay the titular princesses from the game Fat Princess.

PhantasmaJun
07-08-2010, 01:07 AM
I am obese and I believe in making a cosplay tastefully and flattering to your body type dont choose a character with a bikini top and boyshorts and not expect to get bashed or laughed at I have never not played a skinny character that I adore just because I am fat however I have never cosplayed a skimpy character either all in all I spend alot of time,effort, and money on my cosplay just like any other skinny cosplayer so I dont want to hear that fat people should cosplay fat characters or not cosplay at all for that matter if it is done in taste and alot of time is put into the fit and execution overweight people can cosplay and do it well at that.

your welcome to look at my cosplay for proof fat people can cosplay XD

Stormraven24
07-08-2010, 09:23 PM
You wanna make the old skool kids happy? Cosplay Fat Albert (http://i32.tinypic.com/13ydzd4.jpg). I'd hug you XD

Eilonwy
07-10-2010, 11:01 PM
The Penguin from Batman would be cool.
Or Snorlax.

ehxaxis
07-21-2010, 06:11 AM

i totally agree with you usually my cosplays that complement me are characters that cover up the physique and make me look at least good i cosplay like jin kisaragi and itachi uchiha bit i am glad that people like you see it this way than judging people on how they look at it it fits well and compliments them instead of disgracing thank you :angel:

LolitaiX
07-21-2010, 07:13 AM
satsuki yotsuba from negima is chubby shes a pretty adorable character (:

blitz1027
07-21-2010, 03:41 PM
you could try Buccha or Onigiri from Air Gear. Also May try King Kai from Dragon Ball Z

pixlman
07-21-2010, 11:28 PM
BOB form Tekken

http://pub.gamingw.net/24136/T6_Bob.jpg

alicehana
02-28-2011, 03:38 AM
i have read through this post today and many nice member make their bigger people cosplay list, i just made the animes into a photo, so we can see the good cosplay ideas directly :)

http://www.miccostumes.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/Cosplay-ideas-for-fat-people1.jpg
via Miccostumes.com (http://www.miccostumes.com/blog/how-to-choose-right-animes-for-fat-people-cosplay/)

Shuko
02-28-2011, 11:49 AM
Why has no one mentioned Dr. Robotnik/Eggman? T_T Show some love for the big mustachioed guys.

On that vein, why not Wario or Mario? How about Bowser? A Gijinka of Bowser would be friggin' awesome!

pltshp
02-28-2011, 12:23 PM
How about Tracey Sketchit from Pokémon? He's not exactly fat but he's not exactly small either.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_ST9R_djQfAc/TEsqJ7wl50I/AAAAAAAAAU8/KHiwrLHvqJI/s320/Tracy.gif

LordTyger
02-01-2012, 03:11 PM
As a 'larger' guy interested in cosplay, I'm going to weigh in here (pun totally not intentional); I desperately want to cosplay some characters, but I simply do not have the body for it. Yeah, you should cosplay to have fun, but it should be fun for everyone.

I'm not bashing; as mentioned, I'm also big (and yes, I'd definitely use the term fat to describe myself); but there are some things bigger people should not wear because it is not a good look. Some characters have that appeal because of their shape. I don't think I could even imagine a fat Jack Skellington (On that note, the pinstripes might slim down an otherwise larger person...), and there are many female characters whose entire appeal is their small, petite form.

There are some that work well, though... I think it comes to this; wear what you like, within reason. If you wouldn't wear clothes that tight/revealing in day-to-day life, possibly reconsider. Case in point with myself; I'm older/old-school, cosplaying as one of the cooler Power Rangers would be a blast. That being said, I am WAY too big to look good in a bodysuit, so I won't do it.

As far as the list (this thread is super-relevant to me, I ask the same question a lot), it's a LOT of work with the patterns and metal, but I think a bigger person could pull off a Sesshoumaru from InuYasha, as well.