PDA

View Full Version : Recruiting cosplayers for new cosplay event.

tmchiba
05-11-2006, 06:13 PM
Hey all. I've been consulting with DeMarcus the CTCon Panel head, and am working to create a cosplay event called "Cosplay You be the Jury" or something to that effect. Essentially the idea is for an anime character to be put on trial, and naturally tried and defended by other anime characters. For that cosplayers will be needed. So if you're interested in participating or have feedback on the idea please let me know.

The event is scheduled for Friday 1:30-3:30 pm.

Let me know if you can or cannot make it.

LordAhsayuni
05-13-2006, 04:45 PM
Ill be willing to join! Sounds like it could be hillarious if we play it off right

BishoujoHaruka
05-14-2006, 02:07 PM
What an interesting idea for a cosplay event!

tmchiba
05-19-2006, 12:27 AM
What an interesting idea for a cosplay event!
Thanks for the compliment.

There's about 10-15 people interested over on the CTCon board. Hopefully more people here will notice as well. ^_^

kagoatweed
06-02-2006, 04:27 PM
ooooooh... hehheh... sounds like a lot of fun... where do i sign up?
(kagome could make a sweeeet lawyer!!)

BlackieChuu
06-02-2006, 09:27 PM
Sounds fun to me

PatrickD
06-03-2006, 09:34 PM
It's time to put Vash the Stampede on trial for all that damage. ;)

tmchiba
06-03-2006, 09:54 PM
It's time to put Vash the Stampede on trial for all that damage. ;)

Heh, maybe the whole Red Jacket brigade should stand trial. However, heh that is a good idea. There's always Vash's at the cons. :bigtu:

To everyone else, we are definately looking for people. Still plenty of room.

Kagoatweed consider yourself signed up. I'm keeping an ongoing list on the Connecticon Forum. BlackieChuu are you interested in participating or did ya just want to pass around support for the idea? (Either way works. ^_^)

PatrickD
06-04-2006, 12:42 PM
I haven't really figured out my plans for ConnectiCon yet, but I might be interested in participating in some form. What day would this be scheduled on and how long would it run?

tmchiba
06-04-2006, 02:46 PM
I haven't really figured out my plans for ConnectiCon yet, but I might be interested in participating in some form. What day would this be scheduled on and how long would it run?

The Panels Person is still working out the scheduling, apparently there's a ton of stuff they're working with, so I don't know the day yet. It might be an hour, I don't know if it would be two. But I'll try and find out as soon as I can. A lot of people are asking.

Zepka's_Hollow
06-04-2006, 04:51 PM
sounds good, how are you gonna decide on who is the defendant.. etc. I would love to take place in this, if you ask me you should pit a CN (Cartoon network) Naruto on trial for sucking so much. ^_^

But yeah drop me a line, i would love to be in this!!!

tmchiba
06-04-2006, 05:01 PM
sounds good, how are you gonna decide on who is the defendant.. etc. I would love to take place in this, if you ask me you should pit a CN (Cartoon network) Naruto on trial for sucking so much. ^_^

But yeah drop me a line, i would love to be in this!!!

Basically, once the time and day is given to me and I know who's who, I figured we'd just fgure it out.

I'm adding you to the list over on the CTCon forum.

BlackieChuu
06-04-2006, 11:32 PM
Heh, maybe the whole Red Jacket brigade should stand trial. However, heh that is a good idea. There's always Vash's at the cons. :bigtu:

To everyone else, we are definately looking for people. Still plenty of room.

Kagoatweed consider yourself signed up. I'm keeping an ongoing list on the Connecticon Forum. BlackieChuu are you interested in participating or did ya just want to pass around support for the idea? (Either way works. ^_^)

Both ^^. It depends what day you decide to have this. And would we be able to choose if we want to be the defendant, jury member, etc...?

~Blackie~

tmchiba
06-04-2006, 11:56 PM
Both ^^. It depends what day you decide to have this. And would we be able to choose if we want to be the defendant, jury member, etc...?

~Blackie~

Well I'll add ya to the interested in participating list, and if it works out it works out. ^_^ As for choosing, that's still being worked out. It'll depend on when the panel is scheduled...then based on what day it is, we'll know who's cosplaying as what and go from there.

JeiC
06-05-2006, 01:33 PM
Oooh...I'm interested. I can't commit right yet (still gotta finalize my schedule and other arrangements), but if you want to mark me as interested at least, I will be bringing one or both versions of my Preventer Duo Maxwell (Gundam Wing) outfits. I'll let you know when I have things finalized.

tmchiba
06-05-2006, 01:58 PM
Oooh...I'm interested. I can't commit right yet (still gotta finalize my schedule and other arrangements), but if you want to mark me as interested at least, I will be bringing one or both versions of my Preventer Duo Maxwell (Gundam Wing) outfits. I'll let you know when I have things finalized.

Cool. I added you to the list over on the Connecticon forum, but noted it was a maybe. ^_^

Rath Illucer
06-13-2006, 12:48 AM
I'm interested in joining SOMETHING - iether this or the chess at least. I'm just worried about my own personal acting ability (or lack there of)

tmchiba
06-13-2006, 01:28 AM
I'm interested in joining SOMETHING - iether this or the chess at least. I'm just worried about my own personal acting ability (or lack there of)

Well Chess is a really cool event. But if ya decide ya want into the Court Case, there's plenty of room. No pressure either. :bigtu:

Rath Illucer
06-13-2006, 02:26 AM
^ ^ Thanks, i've never done iether beore though. Last year i was only able to go Sat, so no chess (even being able to see it) Also i wasn't exactly in cosplay. Just black ears, clothes, and my black tail - fox basicaly, along with Arashi Kitsune on here. My only hold ups for joining are how useful i'd actualy be. Although i'd definatly have to say that the more i think about it the more interesting this event sounds ^^ The other Kitsune i was mentioned earlier sounded a bit interested as well in this. I don't think she's had a chance to get on here and look into it yet though. We'll be attending the con all three days this time (hopefuly) along with a whole bunch of our friends ... (planning out transportation, and whose going to be staying at/leaving from which house has been... interesting...) We won't be random Kitsune this year though at least. Don't know if anyone noticed us last year ^ ^

Like i said though, (to get back on topic - sorry -_- i'm a little tired, it's kindof early huh? (normaly i stay up around now anyways, but i was woken up early, and i also was up 'till like 5 yesterday so i'm sorry if i make little sense/ramble alot)) I think that Arashi Kitsune would be good at improvising any of these things, but i worry about my acting ability as i said... 'course if i'm going as Byakuya i could always just stare silently at people if i run out of something to say, and be fairly in character. ^ ^

What do you think anyway?

JeiC
06-13-2006, 08:17 AM
I'll be at CTcon...just not sure where I'm gonna be when. Do you know when this is going to be?

tmchiba
06-13-2006, 02:26 PM
I'll be at CTcon...just not sure where I'm gonna be when. Do you know when this is going to be?

Still waiting to be informed by Panels. WIll announce it the moment I know. ^_^

JeiC
06-14-2006, 09:00 AM
Cool...now I've just gotta figure out which version of Preventer Duo I should wear to that.

-Kitsu
06-15-2006, 04:07 AM
Count me in as very interested, tho I'm not completely sure whether or not I have any chops when it comes to acting.

I'll be cosplaying as Roxas from Kingdom hearts 2.

tmchiba
06-19-2006, 09:19 PM
Count me in as very interested, tho I'm not completely sure whether or not I have any chops when it comes to acting.

I'll be cosplaying as Roxas from Kingdom hearts 2.

Well I'm sure acting is easier than it seems, though not necessarily really easy. But I'm sure we'll have roles for those who don't want to act too much.

:bigtu:

-Kitsu
06-19-2006, 09:50 PM
Well I'm sure acting is easier than it seems, though not necessarily really easy. But I'm sure we'll have roles for those who don't want to act too much.

I'm pretty much up for anything at this point :D

JeiC
06-20-2006, 08:29 AM
I was just curious as to what roles there are going to be. Not necessarily who is going to be in those roles, but rather what the positions are that you are trying to fill.

Oh, and I will definitely be there...hopefully it isn't early on Friday 'cause then I'd have a problem.

tmchiba
06-20-2006, 12:00 PM
I was just curious as to what roles there are going to be. Not necessarily who is going to be in those roles, but rather what the positions are that you are trying to fill.

Oh, and I will definitely be there...hopefully it isn't early on Friday 'cause then I'd have a problem.

I would doubt that it'll be early friday, that would surprise me.

As for roles there needs to be.

1 Judge
1 Defendant (though I guess if there was a group appropriate they could all be tried together.)
At least 1 prosecutor. (Though it could be a law & order team of 2 or more.)
At least 1 defense attorney.
1 Judge
A baliff perhaps.
Several Witnesses.

BlackieChuu
06-20-2006, 07:21 PM
And wouldn't ya need a jury too :toothy: ?

~Blackie~

tmchiba
06-21-2006, 12:27 AM
The jury might well be the audience. See the thing is we're not sure we'd want to ask 6 to 12 cosplayersjust to sit there in the jury box and look pretty. I mean it might be nice, but the default was that the jury was the audience. :bigtu:

BlackieChuu
06-21-2006, 09:07 PM
Very true ^^, but that still means you'd have a jury XD.

~Blackie~

JeiC
06-22-2006, 08:01 AM
Could designate a foreman for the jury so that someone can really get the audience involved. *shrugs* Random idea is all.

tmchiba
06-22-2006, 01:02 PM
Could designate a foreman for the jury so that someone can really get the audience involved. *shrugs* Random idea is all.

It's not a bad idea.

Though right now I'm just seeing whose interested in participating in the more active roles. I wish I knew when the event was scheduled so I could tell people, but right now i"m just seeing who wants to participate, there was some discussion of possibly having time for more than one case, but it may just be one. Hard to say.

Still my guess is there would be room for everyone who is interested to participate in one way or another. :bigtu:

Hiro_01
06-22-2006, 02:33 PM
actually i've been thinking about it and would love to join in, I love to sing and this would be a really good idea, i just have to see what songs i know. And they all have to be from plays and what not? Can a Shindo-San sing something from Lionking or Rent?

tmchiba
06-22-2006, 07:27 PM
Um I think ya want the Cosplay Musical post.

tmchiba
06-27-2006, 02:35 AM
We now have a time and day.
From the panels chief:

Friday 1:30-3:30 pm

Please let me know. If you can attend or not.

Zepka's_Hollow
06-27-2006, 07:29 AM
We now have a time and day.
From the panels chief:

Friday 1:30-3:30 pm

Please let me know. If you can attend or not.

yeah i should be able to be there!!!

tmchiba
07-01-2006, 02:04 AM
Ok anyone who has already expressed interest in performing in the event has been emailed or PMed so if you didn't recieve an email or PM let me know.

Of course if you're just seeing this thread and want to participate please let me know as soon as you can. :)

Once again the event will be Friday 1:30-3:30pm (Theoretically two trials one hour in length a piece. So you only need to commit to one hour if that's all you can spare.)

There are major roles, minor roles, and frankly it would be great to have characters who don't want to act filling space in the room for effect too if you can make it but don't want to commit to a role. :)

:)

BlackieChuu
07-01-2006, 03:24 AM
I might not be able to make it, since I plan on being in the Naruto shoot at 2pm. Then again, my wig is not behaving (damned PP wig :mad: ), so if I can't fix it by next week I'm not bringing Sakura. As of now, it's a likely no that I can't make it.

~Blackie~

tmchiba
07-02-2006, 12:52 AM
I might not be able to make it, since I plan on being in the Naruto shoot at 2pm. Then again, my wig is not behaving (damned PP wig :mad: ), so if I can't fix it by next week I'm not bringing Sakura. As of now, it's a likely no that I can't make it.

~Blackie~

I'll PM ya too, but if ya can't stay long maybe ya could make a brief appearance either before or after the shoot. I'm saying there's flexibility. There's major roles, minor roles, cameos et cetera in theory, so even if ya can just stop by a bit maybe it'll work, but that's more of a general point to all. ^_^

tmchiba
07-07-2006, 10:52 PM
Thank you to all who participated!!! I hope to make next year even better, but thanks much!!!