PDA

View Full Version : Cloud Costume for ICON

Shinji923
02-26-2003, 05:39 PM
It's been a while since I've posted.. and man.. I needed to get back into the swing of things..

Alright.. I know I've asked this before.. but it was so long ago I don't remember what the reply was..

Two things..

One.. What would you gracious ultimate COSPlayers suggest I do about a Buster Sword? I'm not handy in the ways of woodworking.. and I'm trying to figure out what kind of wood I should get, let alone what size in order to make this Bad Boy Blade. Can anyone help me out?

Number two.. Should I go wig or go normal hair spiked up? I mean.. my hair would hafta' be hella' long in order to pull that off, right? If I get a wig, what's the best way to style it? I mean.. *hits himself on the forehead.* What kind of products should I use to dye it and to style it..?

Thanks again all! Hope to hear from ya'll soon!:confused:

kitty_neko
02-26-2003, 06:04 PM
for styling the wig, use elmers white glue. :D

Lucifer
02-27-2003, 03:05 PM
As for the sword, I used pine wood since its very light and easy to work with.

The catch though, is the size of the blade. I couldn't make the blade the full six feet or so because the wood would splinter and break. So, instead I made a 1:3 scale buster sword. I sacrified size, but it looked damn good (I can link you to pictures if you want).

But yeah, if you want to make it out of wood, pine's a good choice. Just realise its also soft wood, so if you smack the sword it'll likely dent.

Chibi-Lisa
02-28-2003, 10:30 AM
Goo! Shinji!! I'm gonna worship yah there *_*