PDA

View Full Version : My Cat-boy costume idea... need opinions

JoeBoeing
02-27-2003, 12:47 AM
Greetings,

I have 2 yards of 45 inch (i think) red/gold faux fur with black stripes and I was thinking of making a cat-boy costume with it but make a black jacket with the fur sleves (black cuffs) and long black pants with the fur as a stripe down the sides of the pants... and of course cat ears and tail.

What do you think?

From,
Joe

Michi
02-27-2003, 01:03 AM
..Wow, my mind fizzled out trying to read the description. Draw us a sketch? :3

JoeBoeing
02-27-2003, 01:16 AM
Greetings,

I would... but I can't even draw stick figures. But you can bet if I lose enought weight by AX I'll make it and bring it with me. Ifnot, I'll have it at Ani-Magic in Lancaster this October.

From,
Joe

Michi
02-27-2003, 01:24 AM
I can barely draw much myself, but drawing outlines of outfits isn't too hard at times. ^^;

Red & gold sounds good for a cat, I think. *scratches head* It sounds interesting enough. ^_^

MargauxZ
02-27-2003, 02:57 AM
Yeah, that'd be cool Joe!

Would the garments be tux-ish like? That'd be mad cool.

JoeBoeing
02-27-2003, 11:52 AM
Greetings,

The pants will be regular black pants with the fur down the sides of the legs.

As for the jacket... I doubt I can sew tux style but the jacket may be squal style (but longer torso) but insteal of all the fur on the color it will have a fur color trim and the sleaves will be fur with black cuffs.

I'll make this when I get down to an XXL shirt size but you can bet that I'll have the best looking cat-boy costume in the cos-playing world *insert evil laugh*.

And the redish gold fur is a closre match to my red hair.

I spent like 3 years searching for this fur... I finally found it at barron's fabrics.

EDIT: oh, and the jacket will be able to close in the front as well and full sleaves.

From,
Joe

Lady Somairot
02-28-2003, 11:19 PM
chuuu... you'll be a red hot, firey, yummy cat boy!

^_~

oh, and...

o_O are you really from a place called Oxnard? *giggle*

JoeBoeing
03-01-2003, 01:01 AM
Greetings,

Yep! Oxnard is in Ventura County about an hour north of Los Angeles in California. Also, Oxnard is about 40 min south of Santa Barbara.

One of the big name mags named Oxnard in the top 5 best places to live year round climate wise and my city is the strawberry capitol of the world.

It's about 72-82 degrees year yound... the coldest in the winter it gets is about 45 or so and in the summer it might reach 95. Normally Oxnard gets about 10 rain days a year but this year has been odd.

I live 2 miles from the beach and I like to drive over and watch the sunset sometimes.

From,
Joe