PDA

View Full Version : Rikku's Hair and Necklace

nyamiko_chan
02-27-2003, 09:00 AM
Does anyone have any tips on how to do Rikkus hair in FFx2??

Oh..and does anyone have any close-ups of her necklace too..??

this is the costume i'm doing...anyone eles doing it too??!!

http://www.ffx2.com/images/screenshots/6/big/76.jpg

oh...and tips..on..er..how not to have unfortunate accidents with the front opening? I know i can do what the stars do and 'tape' over certain parts..^^ that's gonna hurt coming off...-_-;;

thanks for any posts and help. PM if you like too!

schalke
03-02-2003, 04:25 AM
hello there...my cousin will cosplay rikku and she'll use a wig for her hair and she bought some beads and made rikku's necklace coz she couldn't find a necklace like that... :bouncer:

Sana-chan
03-02-2003, 11:11 AM
I don't think the top part is really opened. If you look closely there's a string bringing them in together. There probably is a see through material in that area and then of course with the club symbol imprinted on it.

Ryukku
03-02-2003, 03:01 PM
Em.. the hair is easy really ^^ I have taken some photoshots of my X-2 Rikku hair. It isn't so good to see, because of my webcam O_O but you got to at least have your hair to your shoulder to make that hairstyle (it would be best if you had MUCH longer thn that, like rikku). If not then you should maybe buy a wig ^^

How to make the hairstyle:
The first thing to do is make at least 3-4 braids at each (front) side (look CLOSELY at rikkus picture) and put two beads on each braid (if you have). Then take the rest of the hair (that is at the backside) and take it up in a long ponytail, and then just brush some to the front like rikkus. Rikku have also some hair in front at her eyes, just leave some hair before you makes the braids. To get the braids to stay in the right place at your head, you can use some hairflips (or what it is called) something like that ^^

If you need more help then just ask me ^^

Ryukku
03-02-2003, 03:03 PM
ups.. forgot something. the ponypail is supposed to be high up like rikku has it in FFX-2 and maybe FFX too ^^

marsie
03-04-2003, 07:55 AM
The best person to ask is Limekayu...she is the resident Rikku goddess.

Limeyaku
03-04-2003, 02:32 PM
ACK! *blushes like mad* omigosh. ^^ thank you so much marsie! *spazzes*

i did my rikku hair...like this! ^^

1. pull out the shortest front pieces and pin them together in front. this helps so they DONT get pulled into the ponytail or any braids and can be tucked under the bandana freely ^0^

2. pull your hair into a high ponytail but not TOO too high or it makes your head look oblongated @_@ LOL!!

3. braid lotsa braids! ^^ most of them usually fall in front and on the right side of her head ( LEFT side of yours ^^ )

4. put the bandana on ( or tie it on, depending on how u made it ^^ ) with the pinned pieces underneath and then unpin them and pull them to the sides and fix'em all up so they're nice n purty.

5. easiest way to do this...put a bobbypin near the end of yer braids and pull the bobby pin through the beads. this helps keep the braid neat for the most part rather than frizzing up when u pull it thru.

n then just fix it up and move pieces to where you want and use LOTS of hairspray ^_^ my hair is layered so it usually even gets that choppy shorter upper half. ^^

hope that helps!!! ^0^

actually...now tht i think about it, maybe you COULD do the braids first...outside of the ponytail. it /would/ make the ponytail itself harder to make though, with all the non-ponytail hair getting tangled in the elastic n whtnot, u know? but i havent tried tht yet. ^^ i think i will though...try it both ways n see wht u like best!

wow...that was a LONG post on how to do a hairstyle. o dear, i ramble too much. *coff*