PDA

View Full Version : Anyone heard of this?

NeoDrifter
08-03-2002, 04:10 PM
I saw an anime called Full Metal Panic, and I got to say that it is awesome. It has comedy, mecha and the occasional High School Situation. If you've heard of this then please tell me where you saw it, greatly appreciate it if you do

Sami
08-03-2002, 05:03 PM
I saw the first manga part in the new english Newtype, and hopefully I'm getting the fansubs soon.. it looks like a really cool anime! ^_^

Melchior
08-03-2002, 05:30 PM
Yes, I have heard of it, and watched the entire series. It is really good in the beginning, kinda slow for a few eps, then picks up again at the end. Worth buying just for Chidori Kaname. :D

NeoDrifter
08-03-2002, 05:35 PM
Anyone know how long its been out? and where can I get a fansub?

Ayaka
08-03-2002, 08:55 PM
Full Metal Panic has just been liscenced. Within the last . . . oh, three weeks, I think. Hmm maybe longer. But it IS liscenced, by ADV I think (could find out), and reputable fansub places should have pulled it already. Sorry.

Melchior
08-03-2002, 08:59 PM
FMP was released on fansub from January to around April. It was licensed mid-run, however. There were of course a few groups who continued to sub it nevertheless though. It is licensed by ADV, along with Angelic Layer, I believe.

NeoDrifter
08-04-2002, 12:53 AM
Well, guess I should save up my money and buy the DVDs when they come out, however if they get too popular then I should reserve the set when they get to my anime store

NeoDrifter
08-04-2002, 12:55 AM
thanks for the info though (forgot to put that in my last message)