PDA

View Full Version : Selphies Outfit

Kawaii Hoshi
08-03-2002, 06:35 PM
I need help on selphie's outfit either the school one or the combat one.It doesnt matter which one but i need some serious help on it!!:( :confused:

Scoti
08-03-2002, 06:39 PM
what do you need help with? . o O(Tamahome? huh?)

Kawaii Hoshi
08-03-2002, 06:42 PM
I need help with the whole costume I dont know where to go to get the stuff!?

Scoti
08-03-2002, 07:37 PM
well it depends what version you want to make. her normal outfit (yellow dress) would be easier. you can get Simplicity patterns for that but her SeeD uniform is more detailed http://www.fflegacy.com/ff8/images/ff8-selphie.jpg you can still use a pattern for it and alter some things. It looks a lot better if you use a good strong fabric with a silk-like material for the shoulder designs and yellow bow.
The hair would be another hard part. If you already have shoulder length brown hair then your ok but even if your stuck buying a wig theres ways around it too (like lots of hairspray hehe..).

Lady_Sephiroth
08-04-2002, 11:10 AM
If you already have the hair for it, may Isuggest eggwhites? That's what they used in the 80's to mkae those scary mohawks and stuff -- good for your hair too and washes out nicely. A Google search on 80's hairstyles should turn somethingup on the hows ...

Lady
08-04-2002, 12:01 PM
I'm seconding Scoti's advice on finding a pattern and altering it to suit your needs. When I'm making something, I just hit my local craft store (JoAnne's for me) and spend some time looking through their pattern catelogues until I see something close to what I want. Then I nab the pattern, fabric, thread, and get to sewing. The first time is the hardest, but trust me, once you get into it, it just keeps getting easier.

I've never used egg whites on my hair (wouldn't that smell?*sweatdrops*), but I have incredibly hard to manage hair, and using hairspray worked wonders for my bangs when I went as Aeris from FF7. Just thoroughly wet the hair with hairspray, hold, and blow dry on the lowest setting until the hair is completely dry. It held all day for me when I tried that method.

Hope it helps!
-Lady

Kawaii Hoshi
08-04-2002, 05:40 PM
Thank you all for your advice!!But im thinking I may go to the anime convention in Florida next year so I will be completely ready like ShadowKitten.I really do appriciate all of you for helping me.:)

Always Happy to get Advice!
-Kawaii