PDA

View Full Version : Yaoi Con Hotel Parties

Northern
05-19-2006, 10:03 AM
Hey everyone!

I know this is going to sound strange, but would anyone like to have a hotel party at the Westin, either at one of the pools or the bar. A friend and I will be staying at the Westin Hotel for the entire duration of the convention, and I would love to meet new people, cosplayers, and anime lovers alike.

I think this is a great oppertunity to get together and have some fun in sunny California, get a tan before the snow comes, and as a Canadian, I know ALL about snow! LMAO.

Let me know, and I can begin to arrange something...it takes a long time to plan a kick ass party!

Leishu
05-19-2006, 01:47 PM
Check up on the Yaoi-con forums. There's already talk :3

Northern
05-19-2006, 09:54 PM
Yeha I know, but I wanted to have my own party, lol

Eurobeat King
05-19-2006, 11:27 PM
Yeha I know, but I wanted to have my own party, lol

So talk to your friend, and simply host your own Y-con party that weekend, either Friday or Saturday night. :) Make fliers or announcements when the con is here to let people know what room # and time it'll be. Please be aware that even though Y-con attendees have to be 18 and older, there are people who go to the Westin and just hang out in the lobby (sometimes even cosplay) and they're under 18. So if you decide to have a room party and it's only for those 18 and older, you may want to check ID's at the door. That's also important if you plan to serve alcohol at your party..

Northern
05-24-2006, 01:09 PM
thanks for the tip. I didnt think about checking ID at the door of the party. I want to have the party down by the pools or the bar, there will be more room there, and I wont have to worry about under age drinking. Also, I want to support the hotel for hosting us, it must be very stressfull for the staff to deal with a bunch of over hyper, cosplaying yaoi fans.

Hmm, if I have the party by the pool or the bar, and the staff makes sure there is no underage drinking, then it really wont matter if someone wants to join in that cannot go to the con itsself because they are underage, not a problem...they just cant come back to my hotel room where I plan to, hopefully, have some yaoi screenings and Photoshoots. I believe I am in a king suite? I will call the hotel to make sure, and make sure this party wont disturb anyone, or get us kicked out.

Rock on, Yaoi-con 2006!:rockon:

Leishu
05-25-2006, 11:39 AM
Eh...

It's probably best not to really bother checking with the hotel, in that vein, because they're more likely than not required to say 'NO!' to room parties.

Just be courteous to your neighbors and all will be well.

I'd not personally reccomend a party on Saturday night, as that's auction night. You might get quite a few takers by having a party after Friday's bishievent. ^_^

Northern
05-25-2006, 03:19 PM
Bishievent? Is that something new?

Ah well, I was planning to have it on the Friday, as I will be arriving on the Thursday....As for the auction...I am a bishi in the auction too, lol.

Leishu
05-29-2006, 09:18 PM
Bishievent? Is that something new?

Ah well, I was planning to have it on the Friday, as I will be arriving on the Thursday....As for the auction...I am a bishi in the auction too, lol.

Are you sure about that? The staff hasn't announced its picks for the Auction Bishounen yet (as not all of the applications are in).

Bishievent is my silly conglomeration of the words Bishie and Event.

Northern
05-30-2006, 07:45 AM
I was not aware that they were picking from all the applicants, I was under the impression that it was a volinteer based function. Well then, I do hope I get a spot, it would be fun.

Leishu
05-30-2006, 09:58 PM
It is both volunteer-based and selective (after all, they want Bishies who will sell...). It is also one of the most fulfilling experiences I've had and great fun is always had by all, provided people follow the rules.

Good luck to you ^_^

Northern
05-31-2006, 07:36 AM
Well then, I really do hope I am selected for the auction. If you dont mind me asking, what did you do for the auction last year? Are you trying out again this year?

I am going to be poseing as Youji Kudou from Weib Kreuz or Krad from DNAngel, doing a dance on stage to music.

Leishu
05-31-2006, 11:14 AM
I am doing my best to be in auction again this year.

Last year, I did a 'Goth Kitti' (My stage name) twist on Ed from Fullmetal Alchemist. It involved tattoos, furry skirts, chains, and Hello Kitty.

It's usually a good idea to keep your auction for the current year a secret. That way, those adoring fangirls are surprised when it comes out! ^_~

Northern
05-31-2006, 12:46 PM
Lol, hence the vagueness, I am still working on the details of the auction. Is there anything else you can do help become part of the auction? I had to e-mail them because I made a mistake on my application, I also had to send the picture of myself cause I couldnt remember if I had done it or not, lol. As I said, its my first year attempting this, so I really wouldnt mind some helpfull hints.

Leishu
05-31-2006, 12:53 PM
The first tip I can give is that on your application for the Auction you should be as specific as you can in telling the Y-con staffers exactly what you intend to do. This helps them not only to plan whether you're going to be in the auction at all but also the order you'll be in and similar things. Since you've already done that, though, at this point it's good to wait until you get an invite to the Bishies Yahoo group and then chat it up with us. This will only (hopefully) be my second auction year and I find myself getting new and exciting ideas from the other bishies every time I talk to them.

Another tip: When planning your performance, plan to exhibit your best features to the audience. If you're a trained stripper (not unheard of) then USE that! If you're feminine, use that! If you have enough muscle for the both of us, use that! Find a costume (or just an outfit) or an act that screams to the audience 'Wowie! This is someone you want to pay LOTS of money for!'

Northern
05-31-2006, 02:07 PM
The bishi's yahoo group? Is it specific for the yaoi-con auction? Do you have any idea when they will notify people if they have been chosen?

I know im a huge pest, but I just want to know all I can

Leishu
05-31-2006, 10:29 PM
You are absolutely not a pest. I was asking the same questions last year myself. I'll molest you later as payment. :p

The Yaoi-con bishie yahoo group is one which you will be invited to probably when bishounen auction plans become a little more solidified. I think I joined it sometime last June so it may be soon...

The final selection happened in late August last year, if I recall correctly. Sentimental silly person that I am, I probably saved the E-mail so I'll make sure later.

I highly reccomend participating on the Yaoi-con forums too, as the people who run the show commonly post there as well. :D

Northern
06-01-2006, 09:19 AM
LMAO, you just made me snort in the middle of my office, everyone thinks Im a freak now XD lol.

Yaoi con is going to be so much fun, regardless if Im in the auction or not. I want to do it, lol, it looks like a blast. I have deffinatly been on the yaoi con forums, my handel there is Anex.

If you like, we can chat over msn or aim, if you have it. my msn is youji_kudou_@hotmail.com and my aim is AssassinBalinese