PDA

View Full Version : General Cosplay.com photoshoot at A-Kon?

Space Invader
02-27-2003, 11:14 PM
I started wondering about this after I've read some other threads - at A-Kon, should we have a large cosplay.com photoshoot, instead of just one group picture?

I know that there are going to be quite a few of us at A-Kon, maybe we can make it into one! I know there are a whole lot of parks and such around Dallas, maybe we can go to one to get the pics... hmm...

Anyone else up for this? :razz:

Michi
02-27-2003, 11:38 PM
I'magoing. I'm up for it. I don't remember the A-kon hotel having a huge amount of room for something like that, so it might be necessary to at least go outside.

...Ech, outside. o_o I went outside ONCE during the entirety of A-kon last year, and never again. I hate Texas weather. T_T

OneWinged09
02-28-2003, 01:23 AM
too hot for ya?

Tifa Lockheart
02-28-2003, 01:24 AM
Sounds like a good idea :D I'll do it. Meeting outside would be nice..but like Michi said..its really hot >< Which costumes are you guys gonna wear for it? I think I'll wear my Tifa :)

Michi
02-28-2003, 01:25 AM
I can't stand the humidity. At all. X_x Especially in the costume I was in. Reminded me of Otakon '01 in Baltimore, only.. worse. I'm pretty happy here just north of SF.. It's nice weather, if strangely varied. ^_~
Though, two trips to Texas last year for nearly a week each, I suppose I'm used to it. x.x

[edit] And costumes? Um, if it's outside, probably the skimpiest one I'm bringing, which is... o_O Wow I'm not bringing much skimpyness. Zell's the lightest... either him, or I'll ...pack another outfit just for the shoot. :P

Tifa Lockheart
02-28-2003, 01:28 AM
When I went to A-kon in 2001 in my Felicia it was so hot I almost fainted ;_;

Koumori
02-28-2003, 07:43 AM
Tell me when and where, and I'll show up.

kelldar
02-28-2003, 09:58 AM
same here :D hopefully the TX weather isn't that different than memphis so that I can handle it *^^*

Space Invader
02-28-2003, 04:44 PM
The heat really isn't so bad at hte end of May. Yeah, it's hot, but not NEARLY as bad as it is in mid-July - September. X_X And my car's air conditioning is broke... ;_;

Yeah, if I have it done for A-Kon, I'll probably wear my Hikaru armor dress. If not, Goddess dress it is (the most "ventailated" one besides the armor dress). Hehe... I'll have my sword done then... I can beat the nasty fanboys with it ^_^ v. 4 1/2 feet long, whoo!

I'll see how many other people respond to this thread and such before we start organizing a time and place to meet up. Yay for large groups of people! :D

Rosiel
02-28-2003, 04:50 PM
> know there are a whole lot of parks and such around Dallas

Well I do hope we will have a normal cosplay.com shoot /inside/ at the con... I for one am bringing (if all goes well) two costumes, none of which can fit in a car and which would probably kill me in about 2 minutes flat outside.

I almost died having to walk from one hotel to another in 2001. It was horrible. Do not underestimate the heat. X__X

HuongStar
02-28-2003, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by Rosiel
I almost died having to walk from one hotel to another in 2001. It was horrible. Do not underestimate the heat. X__X
Ugh...I remember that. Thank goodness I wasn't cosplaying back then! Rosiel, I do remember seeing your AS costume while we were waiting in line for the cosplay; it's funny because it helped motivate me to start cosplaying. :D

Rosiel
02-28-2003, 05:38 PM
> Rosiel, I do remember seeing your AS costume while we were waiting in line for the cosplay; it's funny because it helped motivate me to start cosplaying.

Really? Wow, what a compliment... I'm happy it did, though, for your costumes are simply lovely! =)

Space Invader
02-28-2003, 06:44 PM
>Well I do hope we will have a normal cosplay.com shoot /inside/ at the con.

Yeah, that would be nice - hopefully we can. However, since it's in the same hotel as last year, I didn't really see many good "photo op" places inside there. Hmm... someone, prove me wrong. Please. Outside does suck in Texas heat...

katchoo
02-28-2003, 08:04 PM
That would be so much fun! I know jil and I are going to be there. Hopefully we can bring Kaje along too!! hehe

TR5368
02-28-2003, 08:48 PM
Im always up for a photo op! Tell me when and where..

Adella
02-28-2003, 08:51 PM
We will be attending this year to A-kon so when we're ready to organize a photoshoot we'll be sure to make a thread for it.

Michi
02-28-2003, 09:13 PM
There was a big photoshoot of all the cosplayers in the masquerade at A-kon last year.. and we filled up the entire big stairway area in the lobby. ^_^; I'd imagine a Cosplay.com photoshoot would be just as big (judging by the Katsu one..?) so I'm worried about finding a place inside. :X

Space Invader
02-28-2003, 09:16 PM
>We will be attending this year to A-kon so when we're ready to organize a photoshoot we'll be sure to make a thread for it.

Yay! I just started this thread to see if it had crossed anyone's mind. Arrr, I can't wait until A-Kon! ^_^v

Adella
03-01-2003, 08:13 AM
You went to Katsu Michi? :O

Can't wait to see teh A-kon turn out if the Katsu one is huge. Akon is bigger right?

Admin
03-01-2003, 08:20 AM
We'll probably handle it the same way we did it last year at Ani-Magic. We'll have a big group photo at a scheduled time and place, and then if anyone would like to stick around for extra photos with us they're more than welcome to.

Michi
03-01-2003, 08:36 AM
Nuuu I wasn't at Katsu, I'm just judging by the big photo I saw from it. ^^

A-kon's been around longer, at least. I can't judge sizes without going to both, though~ A-kon was pretty darn big.

kodiak33
03-13-2003, 06:11 PM
I'm in for any photo opts you guys can come up with. LMK the time and place (not too early please!!!). By the way if ya'll are looking for ways to beat the Texas heat I know that shaving your head works nicely.:D

Space Invader
03-16-2003, 03:23 PM
>By the way if ya'll are looking for ways to beat the Texas heat I know that shaving your head works nicely.

Heh... heh... I don't think I'll be doing that ^_^;;.

erikadoor
03-18-2003, 03:52 AM
Erika here.

As long as a time isn't set, may I suggest that you have it *not* during the middle of the day, but either make it an early morning or an early evening [around 6-7] sort of thing so those of us who are busy during the day can actually make it? People don't seem to be doing as much during those hours anyway. I haven't been able to make a single cosplay.com photoshoot [or an acp or cospml shoot since neko..] because they're always held during the busiest frickin' time of the con.....
I'm not too worried about heat and humidity as all of my costumes have plenty of....ventilation and I'm in Iowa. I'm used to it being so humid you can drink the air....altho' it's a factory town, so it's not recommended.
Something to consider. I'd love to make it, but if it means losing money, it won't happen.

Erika Door
http://www.erikadoor.com

Michi
03-18-2003, 12:23 PM
Maybe you can do it around the same time as the masquerade.. where most cosplayers will be anyway..?

I don't think I'm going to A-kon anymore ~_~; But good luck with it!

Rosiel
03-18-2003, 03:58 PM
> but either make it an early morning

Please... don't make it morning... some of us are not morning people and need one to two hours to get in costume... =^_^=

I would much rather go with early evening myself.

Michi
03-18-2003, 04:02 PM
I'd go along with how they managed a big photo of masquerade cosplayers last year... Just for Cosplay.com. ^_^; And that's evening anyway.

*angsts about not going*

Ringo
03-18-2003, 04:40 PM
I like the after Masquarede idea too. ^_^ Plus we have a panel at the crack of dawn on Saturday, or close to it at least.
waves hand -> *come to Iron Cosplay*

Ali-kun
03-19-2003, 12:59 AM
< hijack >
ooo, Ringo, you guys are doing Iron Cosplay again? I'm so there! Maybe this time I will be brave enough to volunteer ^___^ That rocked muchly at Ushicon
< /hijack >

...after the masquerade sounds like it would probably be a good time, since everyone will be winding down from the big event. Hopefully, whenever it turns out to be, I won't have anything important to be doing ;3

*~Lady Lotus~*
03-19-2003, 01:07 PM
I'm definatly up for it! Hopefully, I'll be bringing my Charlotte costume (Vampire Hunter D:Bloodlust). If not, I'll definatly have my Chun-Li costume and my Ai Kago costume! Chun-Li is probably best for the heat...I'd probably die in Charlotte.

*~ Lady Lotus ~*