PDA

View Full Version : LLNN at KatsuCon 9 report is up!

LionBoogy
02-28-2003, 03:12 AM
http://www.usagichan.com/KatsuCon9/

Enjoy! And stay tuned for the WASFuCon report! hehe

- Lionel

ZiggyB
02-28-2003, 05:00 AM
Wonderful pictures as usual!

/me so jealous...

One of these days you'll have to do a panel on proper cosplay photography... of course that means you won't be out there taking photos! Doh! :>

psythe
02-28-2003, 07:52 AM
Right on Lionel!! Great pics, it was good to meet you at Katsu :)

Can I use pics of me for my gallery from your site Lionel?

khamryn
02-28-2003, 08:16 AM
Lionel- Very nice! As usual :D It was great meeting you again. Hehehe. ^___^

digikoomi
02-28-2003, 08:43 AM
Lionel~ XD somi's photo came out blur...how can this happen?

ki kuru kitty
02-28-2003, 01:20 PM
That is one awesome site there, man you practically have everyones picture. Even me, and I hardly went around looking for photos. I was a mess that con, I wish I wasn't so down.

Kamui Motoaki
02-28-2003, 01:22 PM
You are the wind beneath my wings Lionel. . .

sailor-moon
02-28-2003, 01:46 PM
Lionel i love you!!! XD ::hugs:::

twentystitches
02-28-2003, 02:09 PM
Wow so many pictures! Coolness. ^_^

SailorAndromeda
02-28-2003, 03:23 PM
Awesome report as usual Lionel. But I have to ask: Where are the "crazy" photos from Friday night?? :P

LionBoogy
02-28-2003, 04:46 PM
Andromeda: Thanks! Oh, the crazy friday night photos were taken by Albert. You can see some of them in his cosplay.com Katsucon9 photos. :)

Everyone: feel free to use the photos of you for your own use!

Note: If a blurry photo comes out, it's a simple answer: I moved or you moved, but I didn't capture that until I reviewed the image later. That's one of the downsides to not using flash, and most of you know I don't like using flash. :)

- Lionel

digikoomi
02-28-2003, 07:53 PM
I am j/k though Lionel XD *hit your head* of course I know it will happen sometime~ nice job *laugh*
And tell you what? remember I ask you about the flash? all those photo came out well without flash ~

Yui
02-28-2003, 08:08 PM
Well, this is going to take me a while to get through.....

Don't you get tired of being so completely useful?

SailorAndromeda
02-28-2003, 08:11 PM
Lionel: Al took them? But but...*ish confused* I thought you were taking them, lol
Ok, I believe you ^^

LionBoogy
02-28-2003, 08:18 PM
Andromeda: oh wait, did you mean the Amano shots? hehehe I was doing a lot of crazy things that night... ^.^

- Lionel

SailorAndromeda
02-28-2003, 08:52 PM
Lol! oh yes, they're under "THINK AMANO". yep, that's what I was thinking of, hehe
*ish very silly gallery*

Nene
02-28-2003, 09:04 PM
Such pretty pics... and so many...I envy you.. -* *-::had to live on one camera which i used my last pic on a Kurapica cosplayer Friday night:: mwaa..-x x;;

Nietsche
02-28-2003, 09:54 PM
You sir are EXCELLENT!!!

And you crack me up so much!!

MikigamiTokiya
02-28-2003, 09:55 PM
Nice job with thoes, ur so damn good ^^ alot of costumes are on there I didn't see at fansview either and the pics are alot more clear ^^

Duncan
02-28-2003, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by SailorAndromeda
Lol! oh yes, they're under "THINK AMANO". yep, that's what I was thinking of, hehe
*ish very silly gallery*

I am such a HAM!!

>:D

Michi
02-28-2003, 11:57 PM
Lionel, you're always doing lots of crazy things at night. :P Every night. XP

Muah~ I love the pictures. Makes me wanna go to a con. Now. Grr. X.x *dives into fabric pile*

Doc Stampede
03-03-2003, 04:11 AM
Great coverage Lionel as usual.. I particularly like the way you nurse excellent results out of that little shooter camera of yours.

but.. aieeeeee.. it takes so long to get through your coverage.. Need.. thumbnails! *falls into a pit of internet lag* its 5:12 am.. I work tommorrow.. can't sit and surf anymore...

Oh, and you get points for catching me in costume. Very few people nab me on camera when I'm in casual mode..

Wait a minute... *looks closer at photos* You're not using flash on alot of your shots, are you?

*rubs chin in thought*

Humm... You know, people were mentioning a con photography panel. Would you be interested in running one with say you, me and Kevin at Otakon? Lemme know via PM.

Doc / Terry

LionBoogy
03-03-2003, 05:36 AM
Terry: Nope, I don't use flash. Sometimes I do when the need arises, but I pretty much never use flash. I get a lotta questions about what camera I use and it rerally doesn't matter. I could use any camera in the world, even film ones, and I'd still come out with the same results. ^_^

As for thumbnails, I don't like doing that either. It's great for the dialup people, but I'm more of a long-term high-end kinda dude who likes to *push* viewers to go broadband, which many have done already. For instance, most students who're cosplayers are already on T1 connections at their schools.

Hehe, yeah, I'm up for a panel thing at Otakon. I've participated in several con photography panels with Kevin throughout the years at AX, ACen, and Fanime. The only drawback is that I don't stick around very long. hehe But it always works out. :)

- Lionel

Doc Stampede
03-03-2003, 07:11 AM
Hehe, it was looking at your backgrounds that clicked my brain into place. Jeesh man, your hands must be fricken rock steady to shoot indoors without flash in a place like the Hyatt Crystal City.

I'd been thinking "What the hell does he do to avoid flash falloff? WAIT A MINUTE!" What's your average shutter speed, or do I not want to know?

Regarding the thumbnails : Hey, its not like I disagree with that. My actual viewing photos are larger than yours. ;) However, I've found that having thumbnails allows for faster browsing and searching for specific photos.

Especially with my zippy 1.4 DSL is still pulling data slow from your site due to lag or whatever.. Anyway, to each their own, was just my own 2 cents. :)

As for the panel : I'll talk with our Panels guy, see what he thinks on it. Oy : I've had some fun "debates" with Kevin about photography attitudes, I wonder what will happen with three of us in the same room... ;)

Terry / Doc

LionBoogy
03-03-2003, 12:43 PM
This may sound odd, but my "rock-steady" techniques are based on my experience with use of firearms and weaponry training. hehe

I never debate with Kevin. He's older than me and I just don't like arguing with people who have the knowledge and wisdom to back up their reasons why they do what they do. :) I typically only give general advice and let people go their own way. My methods are the most difficult to do on a very large scale, so I don't expect many people to follow my advice anyway... hehe

- Lionel

Oshi
03-03-2003, 03:25 PM
Damn, Lionel, you always get the best pics of me =D

Oooh, looks like I was the first cosplay picture taken too! *honored...-ish...* ^^;

Doc Stampede
03-04-2003, 12:49 AM
Originally posted by LionBoogy
This may sound odd, but my "rock-steady" techniques are based on my experience with use of firearms and weaponry training. hehe

I never debate with Kevin. He's older than me and I just don't like arguing with people who have the knowledge and wisdom to back up their reasons why they do what they do. :) I typically only give general advice and let people go their own way. My methods are the most difficult to do on a very large scale, so I don't expect many people to follow my advice anyway... hehe

- Lionel

HAHAHA, got it. I need a monopod or my knee if I shoot below 1/15th of a second.

As for debating with Kevin : He and I have debated just because we can I think. :)

Anyway, round table discussion would allow us to have three different points of view - the attendees could make their own decisions. I'll talk with our panels guy.

Terry / Doc