PDA

View Full Version : Dragon*Con parade...

Fory-san
05-27-2006, 07:54 AM
I was video footage of last year's parade and I was curious how one gets involved in it? Do you have to sign anything at all? It looks like a whole lot of fun! ^^v

Darth Takeo
05-27-2006, 01:18 PM
Join the Yahoo group and you can find out everything, including registering:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dc_parade/

Fory-san
05-28-2006, 10:12 AM
Join the Yahoo group and you can find out everything, including registering:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dc_parade/

Thanks for the link! I didn't seem to see cosplay.com on the list of participants. Do you know if we're in the parade at all this year?

TechieCL
05-28-2006, 12:36 PM
Personally, I knew a lot of c.com members did participate, but most were already part of established groups like the Firefly, Stargate People, Lord of the Rings, and of course the 501st Stormtrooper Legion etc. I dont' recall a specific cosplay.com group

The parade organizers will group individuals and small similar groups together, so if you can't pull together a big general anime group...they'll try to do it on the spot.

Darth Takeo
05-28-2006, 01:41 PM
Yeah, the Team was in it last year, but we were represented as the Ghostbusters from Team Takeo.

fightstar
05-28-2006, 06:01 PM
Personally, I knew a lot of c.com members did participate, but most were already part of established groups like the Firefly, Stargate People, Lord of the Rings, and of course the 501st Stormtrooper Legion etc.

*cough* COBRA!!! *cough* ...excus me...*cough*

Fory-san
05-29-2006, 10:46 PM
Ahhh I get it. I'll have to look into a particular group to hook up with. ^^

Fluffymaru
06-08-2006, 06:22 PM
Can I ask where you found the footage at? I was in the parade last year, and I was wondering what it looked like (since I had a very specific view- heh).

Hikaruchan
06-08-2006, 11:52 PM
Trimline doesn't have last years parade, but he has 2002-04 at http://coolscaryguy.com/cospnews/videohtm/dcparade/dcparade.htm

KNIVES5991
06-09-2006, 05:19 PM
how many do you need in a group?

DalaiLiam
06-09-2006, 06:33 PM
LOL. We'd been toying with the idea of signing up to be a storm trooper and showing up in an ANBU costume.

Rukia_Kurosaki
06-10-2006, 09:41 PM
I know I'm officially in a group now.

kitsunered
06-11-2006, 03:03 PM
LOL. We'd been toying with the idea of signing up to be a storm trooper and showing up in an ANBU costume.

That wouldn't make a difference. They'd just put you in with the anime characters when you showed up.

Rukia_Kurosaki
06-11-2006, 04:07 PM
That wouldn't make a difference. They'd just put you in with the anime characters when you showed up.

She's right. I've been in the parade two years. If you sign up with one costume and wear another, you just get put into another group like with the Anbu.

TheDemon2300
06-20-2006, 02:57 PM
I worked parade staff last year, and will most likely be working it again this year. Everyone's pretty much covered all there is that you need to know about it. The Yahoo Group is where all the signups are taking place. Then, once you get to the Con, all you have to do is stop by the table and pickup your ribbon(s) and you're good to go.

Lady Skywalker
07-09-2006, 11:39 PM
I'm going to march in it with my Rebel Legion group.

Space Invader
07-15-2006, 10:50 PM
Me and Uchiha are going to march around in our new Terra and Locke (FF3/ 6) costumes. :)

AshleyV
07-16-2006, 12:54 AM
I'll be marching with the Rebel Legion just like I did last year.

Cool Scary Guy
07-17-2006, 03:19 PM
Better late than never. I’m just starting to edit last years parade videos, but I’ll have them up b4 the con.

Lady Skywalker
07-17-2006, 09:25 PM
Hey AshleyV! I didn't know you were in RL. Which SW character will you march as? I'm gonna be Padme AotC torn, battle outfit. I guess I'll see ya there!

dagmarus
07-17-2006, 09:34 PM
I'll be with the Browncoats.

fightstar
07-17-2006, 09:42 PM
what is the minimum amout of people that can be a group in the parade?

AshleyV
07-17-2006, 10:49 PM
Hey AshleyV! I didn't know you were in RL. Which SW character will you march as? I'm gonna be Padme AotC torn, battle outfit. I guess I'll see ya there!

This year I plan on having a more comfortable costume so I'll be Princess Leia in her Ewok Village dress. Last year I was Barriss Offee and I ended up regreting it by the end of the RL photoshoot cause my make-up was almost gone.

kitsunered
07-18-2006, 10:18 AM
what is the minimum amout of people that can be a group in the parade?

I don't believe there's a minimum. I mean, it would be hard to be a "group" if you're only one person, but they let single entries into the parade. Basically, anyone can be in the parade as long as they sign up ahead of time and show up when staff tells them to.

a-tastic
07-20-2006, 12:39 AM
essentially they'll find a group for you, if you're group-less. i was yuuko last year and they stuck me in the anime group...
where i unintentionally flashed parade onlookers. oops. stupid breeze.

this year i'm going to march with my Chattooine (my local star wars fan force) people..we have a banner. we're way too excited.

Cool Scary Guy
07-21-2006, 10:15 AM
my fist time in it the RA just saw ma and were like come march with us . So were you march doesn’t seam to be carved in stone or any thing.

I’m debating on marching with the Mischief Managed group this year. But right now I’m having trouble being in 2 places at one time.

TheDemon2300
07-22-2006, 01:21 AM
Yup, we'll find a group for ya depending on your costume of choice. The way the parade is sectioned off is we have a section for each of the various tracks that the Con has (Anime, Trek, Star Wars, Tolkien, YA Lit, Goth, etc.) Every group that signs up will be categorized accordingly. They've even added a Podcasting track this year. So if anyone wants to come dressed as a giant I-Pod....you'll have your place.