PDA

View Full Version : Seeming more Girlish/boyish

Sciguy
02-28-2003, 09:31 PM
Girls seem to have a hard time acting like boys, and boys seem to have a ahrd time acting like girls. So, if anyone would like to offer any tips, feel free!

I personally need tips on how to seem more feminine in my mannerisms. Perhaps help on how to walk, how to move, so on and so forth. I don't plan on doing much talking, so I really don't need much personality help, lol.

ryuichi fangirl
02-28-2003, 09:36 PM
lol...um...well dang...I had something...err...well I'm not very feminine....but I hear you shouldn't sit w/ your legs spread apart...and no burping loudly or anything, um...what else? ...most girls I know don't like to get dirty...and hate when they're hair gets screwed up...so stay away from dirty or slimy things...aka bugs etc...and don't go out if it's windy...I think....O.o;;

Raincrystal
02-28-2003, 10:11 PM
Try to walk smoothly. That's the best way I can describe it... smooth everything out.

Karisu-sama
02-28-2003, 11:23 PM
Here, from a woman whose body language tends toward the androgynous (I've been told I have good "guy" body language") -

To be more "girlish":
- Seek tips from Merle-kun. He does great crossplay!! ^____^
- Make your costume a bit high-waisted. Girls tend to have shorter torsos and longer legs than guys of the same height.
- Pad the hips - it will also make your waist look narrower.
- Shave your legs!! (And arms!)
- Graceful hand gestures, and don't be afraid to bend those wrists (note: I don't mean "limp wristed"!)
- Keep those knees together when you sit!!
- DON'T sit with you hands anywhere near your crotch - that's a "guy" thing.
- Try to walk with the knees closer in together, not putting them out 45' to the sides with each step - it has to be a conscious effort, because male and female pelvises are built differently, and naturally angle the legs those ways when you walk without thinking about it.
- Female body language is more constrained than male - see if you can keep your elbows close to your body.
- Try standing poses with one hip out, and the upper body leaning toward the hip. The foot on the non-weight-bearing leg looks more girly if placed nearer the other foot.
- Try sticking out your chest and butt in that sort of pose. Hand on hip is also good.

- Just for you, O "lecherous monk"; no LEERING!

Dr. Makoti Jean
02-28-2003, 11:36 PM
This is how I act like a sauve dude:

-I do what I like to call " Th Spike Spiegel walk", you just walk with the flow.
-Wear buisness suits. It sometimes make you and almost everyone think that your a guy.
-Let your deep voice come naturally. Don't do the "bootleg voice" (i.e- just like making it obvious)
-Hang with the fellas. Helps alot so you know what they're thinking and you talk the talk.

If acting sauve is hard. This what I did, I acted like a male nerd. Then over the years it's just been comming to me naturally like breathing.

I hope that helps

Merle-kun
02-28-2003, 11:57 PM
Yaay! I'm tip #1! Thank you so much! ^-^

I naturally picked up female mannerisms. I'm always around girls.. the majority of my friends are girls even today. I just never hit it off well with guys it seems. But anyway, what you need to do is watch women. To be very honest, believability is all in the little details.

For example... guys simply SIT. Most of my costumes have skirts, so when I sit down, I have to run my hands along the back of my skirt to keep it underneath myself. And when you do sit either keep your knees together, or learn to cross your legs like a girl. Not an easy task for a guy mind you... I can do it though! It really adds to the realism. ^-^v People don't see a guy doing that for obvious reasons. Simply putting your knees together will work okay, but you can also tilt your legs to the side.. as in your feet are not straight down, under your knees, they're off to one side in order to make you look a bit more dainty. There's always the hands in the lap as well.

In walking.. it depends on the shoes really. Heels.. I've been told so many ways to walk in heels it's not funny. The last bit of advice I heard was toe to heel. Which is backwards from how we normally walk. Ow.. that's nearly impossible and very awkward. I really really tried walking around at AnimeUSA in heels as Melfina. But in general, it's one foot in front of the other as if you're walking a straight line.

The mannerisms also will depend on the character. That is, if you're the sort to act in character while in costume. I'm not one of those though.

Hmm.. there are certain ways to eat as you try to avoid smearing your lipstick which is to simply not set them down on what ever it is you're eating. With drinking this is nearly impossible to avoid, unless you use a straw.. and even then you have contact, though a less amount. Which is why you want to carry a small amount of make up around with you for afterwards. As a guy, I tend to just wipe my mouth with the napkin and that's that. As a girl, I can't do that.. it's dab dab dab.

There's also your eyes. If something happens to bother one, for heaven's sake don't put your finger up there and rub like a mad man. ^^; If anyone read my funny story about being made over at a sleep over, here's an extra detail. I was fully in the make up and something bothered my eye and my hand darted up and handled it just like a girl would and all their jaws dropped and one went "Oh my god!" ^^;; I pay far too much attention to girls ^^;;

If you really want to go that extra mile, buy perfume. I haven't done this yet.. but I hope to soon. AKA.. when I remember while out shopping ^^; You can even paint your nails, attempt a girly voice... carry a purse... etc etc. I've never really had time to try a girly voice. I'd need someone else to sit with me and say the attempt was good or bad since none of us can truly hear how our voices are. Darn head voice.

As far as looking girly.. shave! Not just the face and legs, you may have to shave those arms and under arms too depending on you and the outfit. Hunt out the crossdressing pages, that's where I get my info. If you want to learn, do so from the best who do it every day! ^^

There are various ways to shape your figure. I just bought some padded hip/rear shorts to help myself. There is also corsets, but they can be expensive. I think I paid 40 some dollars for the padded shorts. After buying them, I'd advise just buying the pads and a pair of bike shorts. Lots better spandex and you save a ton of money. I also wrote a loooong explanation on how to make your boobs in the "Falsies" thread that I swear by now. They have bounce and you can shape them to get that tear drop shape.

I hope that's helpful.. if I didn't cover something, feel free to ask =3

TsukiGuujin
02-28-2003, 11:59 PM
I think observing girls/guys is a good thing to do.

I know that being around boys a lot has made me able to act like one of them.

One of the things I do, however, is act like the boy I'm trying to be.

My biggest expample of this one is Duo. Study the character, couple their mannerisms with those of regular boys/girls, and you should be ok.

Practice makes perfect, yeah?

~~Tsuki Guujin~~

Teteiyusu
03-03-2003, 07:16 PM
I have always been a tomboy, I have no problems acting like a man, but my VOICE gets in the way!
Did I mention my size gets in the way too, I am so very small!

Pendrell
03-03-2003, 10:16 PM
This is why it helps to crossplay characters like Subaru... he's more femmy than I am. <_<;; My mom was all like, "you can't look like a BOY, your features are too feminine!" And sadly, I pointed out that that was actually the objective... to be a girly boy. ^^ I don't even know if I'm 'pretty' enough to be a decent Subaru. *l*
Um, other than that randomness, I'll second what Tsuki said. There's nothing beter than hanging about and studying the opposite gender. It's quick and easy, and it works.

Sciguy
03-04-2003, 06:29 PM
I shouldn't have to worry about my voice yet, I plan to use a buddy system so that I won't have to talk. With any luck, I should be able to go an entire day without saying more than a few words. I'm altering the Freya costume to include opera length gloves so I won't have to worry about excessive arm hair (not that it matters, you can't see the hair that's there.)

Walking should be fairly easy, to tell the truth. Humans' balance is at its best while in motion. Plus, I have a little practice that should keep it from being a problem.

As for observing woman, I've lived alone with two of them for the past six years. I act like a girl already, lol.

Tsuki, I'd love to talk to you. AIM me!

TsukiGuujin
03-04-2003, 10:22 PM
>> Walking should be fairly easy, to tell the truth. Humans' balance is at its best while in motion. Plus, I have a little practice that should keep it from being a problem.

Walking like a girl is really NOTHING like walking like a boy. I think you should definitely practice it, because it doesn't come nearly as naturally as you think. I am, of course, speaking from a reverse viewpoint. Walking like a boy took some practice. Boys seem to take longer strides, and their hips don't move like girls' hips do. Just a tip. I'm sure someone is going to tell me how off the mark I am on this one. XD

>>As for observing woman, I've lived alone with two of them for the past six years. I act like a girl already, lol.

GAHAHA! *dies laughing*

>>Tsuki, I'd love to talk to you. AIM me!

And then you beat me to it. You're on my buddy list, so...yeah. ^^
~~Tsuki Guujin~~

Karisu-sama
03-05-2003, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by TsukiGuujin
Walking like a girl is really NOTHING like walking like a boy. I think you should definitely practice it, because it doesn't come nearly as naturally as you think. I am, of course, speaking from a reverse viewpoint. Walking like a boy took some practice. Boys seem to take longer strides, and their hips don't move like girls' hips do. Just a tip. I'm sure someone is going to tell me how off the mark I am on this one. XD
No, I am going to tell you how right ON the mark you are! :p ^___^
Originally posted by Sciguy
As for observing woman, I've lived alone with two of them for the past six years. I act like a girl already, lol.
If you know so much about girls, Sciguy, you should definitely have known better than to grab butts (especially butts of female crossplayers, who are being "guys"!!) when costumed as Miroku.

Kas
03-05-2003, 06:47 PM
Hmm.. I get my cues from other guys.. Almost all my best friends are guys so they teach me alot.. sometimes to much.. -_-``

Kendo_Bunny
03-06-2003, 12:37 AM
One fun way to observe female mannerisms and how males can do them without attracting too much attention is to rent a copy of 'Some Like it Hot'.
All throughout the movie there are great examples. Like if your lips are naturally narrow and you want them to look fuller, overdraw them slightly and purse your lips.
Another good example from the movie is in the beginning when 'Josephine' and 'Daphne' are watching Sugar walking. The way she moves her hips and her legs are perfect examples, although she's wearing a tight skirt. As 'Daphne' comments "Look at how she moves. It's like Jell-O on springs. She must have some kind of a built-in motor..."
So, yeah, even without crossplay, I strongly recommend this movie.

As for moving like a guy, I kind of do it naturally when I'm wearing pants. I think I picked this up from wearing a kilt all through seventh grade (private school with uniforms) They were hot and itchy, so I wore shorts underneath, and they made me walk a little differently. I don't really understand why it is, but it seemed to work pretty well for my guys walk. ^^;

TsukiGuujin
03-06-2003, 12:46 AM
>>No, I am going to tell you how right ON the mark you are! ^___^

Aww, thankies. ^^

>>If you know so much about girls, Sciguy, you should definitely have known better than to grab butts (especially butts of female crossplayers, who are being "guys"!!) when costumed as Miroku.

I kinda say I have to agree. Ask first, ALWAYS. ^^;

>> As for moving like a guy, I kind of do it naturally when I'm wearing pants. I think I picked this up from wearing a kilt all through seventh grade (private school with uniforms) They were hot and itchy, so I wore shorts underneath, and they made me walk a little differently. I don't really understand why it is, but it seemed to work pretty well for my guys walk. ^^;

I don't know why, but this is IMMENSELY funny to me. XD

I walk different depending on the character, as well. It really IS different to go from Duo to, oh, I don't know....MANA. XD

~~Tsuki~~

RichAyanami
03-06-2003, 03:09 PM
Okay okay, now I've absorbed all this information, and it's pretty much what I tried to do last time when I tried to be a schoolgirl. Maybe it's just me looking at my own picture, but it was still kinda guyish. Is there something guys can do with, say, eyebrows or something..? XD

...as for walking like a girl.. It really does take practice. My friends tried to coach me through it, and the simplest way to describe it is that you swing your hips out a little in the direction of the foot you're standing on, and practically put all your weight on that foot. ...and walk smoothly at the same time... ^^;;; ..yeah... Or maybe this not completely crossplayer shouldn't be giving out advice.. iono ^_~

TsukiGuujin
03-07-2003, 02:27 AM
>>Okay okay, now I've absorbed all this information, and it's pretty much what I tried to do last time when I tried to be a schoolgirl. Maybe it's just me looking at my own picture, but it was still kinda guyish. Is there something guys can do with, say, eyebrows or something..? XD

YEAH. PLUCK 'EM! XD
Seriously. I know a lot of guys who have thicker eyebrows. So pluck em. It's not THAT hard, and it really DOESN'T hurt that much.

Also, use neutral makeup colors. Not so you'd NOTICE the makeup, but to soften your skin and seem a little more feminine.

I know how stupid I sound, but I'm not kidding. ^^

Oh, and Rich, your way of describing female walking cracks me up. But...it works. XD

~~Tsuki Guujin~~

Merle-kun
03-07-2003, 10:21 AM
It doesn't sound stupid! But there are different eyebrow shapes for different face shapes. I read that once... somewhere... but I didn't read it well enough to remember what it said ^^; That's another thing I need to re-find and learn ^^; And it really doesn't hurt that bad.. I gave it a shot once. It's all in how gentle you are in pulling.. don't yank quickly ^^;;

Ravenous
03-07-2003, 10:57 AM
there are books for theater makeup, if you want to spare from the pain of plucking (im not used to plucking----once i did it, i nearly lost half of my brow ^_^;;;) i suggest foundation and concealer do the trick, and some real dark eyebrow pencils....thats what im gonna use if im going to crossplay cloud...

ja...

Ravenous
03-07-2003, 11:20 AM
this is kinda OT, rich----but how did you change your status? I still got the 'member' in my profile...i wanna change it O_o

:confused:

Karisu-sama
03-07-2003, 06:12 PM
Ravenous: go to Edit Profile, then near the bottom to the right of Custom User Text is a box to change your title to whatever you want.

RichAyanami
03-09-2003, 01:19 AM
'threshold of pain' ... there ya go! Thanks ya guys, I'll try that next time. Also I have got to find a more natural wig.. (as opposed to my last one which was long and bright blue..). At least that'll look more natural with my natural asian-ness? (vs. unnatural asianness..? iono.. XD)

I'm actually now considering overdoing makeup a little bit. I had one of my friends put some makeup on me (eyeliner, powder, gloss, I think that's about it) but it didn't seem to do anything... I mean I didn't really look at myself closely, but the effect wasn't as pronounced as I had imagined anyways...

Menchi
03-09-2003, 02:39 AM
hmm sometimes "more natural" doesnt work...for me bright colors make the extra look female touch. the bright blue wig i have (will post a pic soon of this costume) had guys seriously lookin at me as female for a lil bit.

make up does help alot too...mascara, a lil powder, eye shadow...a lil lip gloss or lip stick...maybe rouge. it seems different for everyone to me...hav seen ppl that make up doesnt do it, the outfit does sometimes. go with features ya have workin for ya an use them. maybe is your eyes or face...maybe your figure (if ya got a kinda feminine figure.) not one thign works for all *Shrugs*

Vialoi Ketsueke
03-09-2003, 11:34 AM
Ooh,ooh. I wanna play too.
When dressing like a man, it's always best to try to put shoulder pads in your costume to give you the broader shoulder look. Sporty colones work wonders too. If you are wearing a suit, be very careful that the suit jacket doesn't hug your body so it shows off your curves. The thing with this is, you also have to make sure the jacket isn't too big, otherwise you literally look like you are swimming in it. As for acting like a man, don't move your hands too much with your speech, try keeping your arms crossed across your chest, or tucked into your pockets. Also, don't talk too much, or act too hyper/giggly. (Unless your character happens to act that way.) As for sitting...yep, just sit with your legs spread, or..You can cross your legs over the other, some men do it the girly way, and some men do it the manly way. (Muraki Katzutaka does it the girly way. ^_^;) It all depends on the elegance of the character. As for walking, make sure not to wiggle your hips, and to keep your head up (or down depending on the character.) create a stride or strut, it works wonders.
As for makeup, just don't use colorful makeup. Most men have defined jaw lines, so try to define them without over doing it.

RichAyanami
03-09-2003, 02:32 PM
..so I read earlier about padding your hips... has anyone tried doing that?

[random thought... I dunno why I even try... I mean, anime characters are pretty androgynous, if not altogether feminine looking. I think girls have the better part of this crossplay arena... :confused: ]

Menchi
03-09-2003, 04:44 PM
i cant afford to get the pads an not sure how i would do it w/o buyin em now. but i kinda had some cheats on my go-chan costume ^^; ya got a pic of yourself up, rich?

RichAyanami
03-09-2003, 10:51 PM
Well Menchi, is that girl-type Rich or plain Rich? XD

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=25440&papass=&sort=1&thecat=500

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=25260&papass=&sort=1&thecat=500

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=25283&papass=&sort=1&thecat=500

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=25453&papass=&sort=1&thecat=500

...and I just noticed the rings around my eyes...very sexy huh? Thanks to consistently getting 3 hours of sleep every night....ugh
-_-;;

L to the 3rd
03-09-2003, 10:59 PM
I did a panel on crossplayin as males make-up at Ani-magic last year... i'm gonna see if i still have the handout saved.

michanchan
03-11-2003, 11:12 PM
i dun think it's hard to act like a boy, since i've been growing up around them and that i am a tom boy. ^_^ I belch for the heck of it, but poorly, my friends are tough judges and have given me a "3"... i did get a "4" once for really deep base in one of my burps ^~

TsukiGuujin
03-12-2003, 01:24 AM
>> When dressing like a man, it's always best to try to put shoulder pads in your costume to give you the broader shoulder look.

This doesn't work for all male costumes, I think. ^^ Because some anime males are very girly, like Count D (Petshop of Horrors) or Rosiel (Angel Sanctuary) and are built more like women. Just adding in some random info, not trying to say this is wrong. Because it's a very good tip. But it's not always neccessary. ^^

>>Also, don't talk too much, or act too hyper/giggly.

*dies laughing*
I'm imagining someone in a WAY male costume (read: Dante from Devil May Cry) giggling and glomping people. XD

>>Most men have defined jaw lines, so try to define them without over doing it.

Yes. Orangey makeup does NOT work for this. X_x
(I know too many girls who wear TOO MUCH MAKEUP. -.-)

>>..so I read earlier about padding your hips... has anyone tried doing that?

If I padded my hips, my ass would be like an elephants' ass. XD
I know this is directed at other guys. I just had to say it.

I'm pretty good with making fake boobs, but not with hips. I'm interested in this one as well. (Duh, not for me. For two of the boys in my cosplay [crossplay? XD] group)

>>I mean, anime characters are pretty androgynous, if not altogether feminine looking. I think girls have the better part of this crossplay arena...

Perhaps, but strapping these down isn't EASY. @_@
If you mean character-wise, then I MUST agree with you. Many anime males are very feminine looking, so it's easier for a girl to pretend she's an anime boy than it is for some boys to pretend they are anime girls. This depends on the boy, as well. ^^

>>i dun think it's hard to act like a boy, since i've been growing up around them and that i am a tom boy. ^_^ I belch for the heck of it, but poorly, my friends are tough judges and have given me a "3"... i did get a "4" once for really deep base in one of my burps ^~

*can't help laughing*
I got an 8 once. XD

[/end hideously long posting]

~~Tsuki Guujin~~

Menchi
03-12-2003, 02:51 AM
sugoi rich ^^;; dont worry about the rings under eyes though..i as scary looki after the second day was at ohayocon beofre my female friend put make up on me XD i was at ohayocon on thurs afernoon. i have a pic of me from sunday that is enought for nightmares XD btw love the costume of girl type rich prolly fooled a good amount of ppl XD

michanchan
03-12-2003, 06:03 AM
lol, you've proved some good points Tsuki, i agree with the padding of the hips... there's such people who do that?? And for the shoulder pads, i guess it depends on the person if they need it or not. Also for Clamp figures, gotta have a lean waist or lean tummy to pull it off... it's weird, my body is kinda built like ... kamui's only i have boobs and big theighs, but that'll be fixed ^~.

NUUU You got an 8?! Man your friends are good judges, maybe they should judge my burps ^_^.

Rosiel
03-12-2003, 08:42 AM
[About shoulder pads]

> This doesn't work for all male costumes, I think
> Rosiel (Angel Sanctuary) and are built more like women.

Actually, that's not exactly true... all the military outfits in Angel Sanctuary have a very "square-shouldered" look while women generally have rounded off shoulders.

Which means that you would still need shoulder pads to have that shape otherwise the uniform would not fall well. (Look at formal women's suits, the very stiff slightly male kind, they all have shoulder pads.)

The difference is that for some more "manly" men, you would have to use shoulder pads worthy of an 80s pop star, and for most 3/4 to 1 inch small shoulder pads is enough.

As for the more "relaxed costumes", most of them would still benefit from a 1/2 inch shoulder pad as it gives fabric shape, and drapes better over the front (hiding any little bulges brought upon from shifting ace bandages).

Vialoi Ketsueke
03-12-2003, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by michanchan
i dun think it's hard to act like a boy, since i've been growing up around them and that i am a tom boy. ^_^ I belch for the heck of it, but poorly, my friends are tough judges and have given me a "3"... i did get a "4" once for really deep base in one of my burps ^~

..Cute... ^_^;
But..Not all men go around Burping. In fact, I only know one man that does that, (In public) and he is the stereotypical man type. He's hairy, talks about women constantly and how he wants to "xxx" them. Lol, I honestly do not know any anime male characters that do that. If you can list at least three, you'll totally blow my mind.

TsukiGuujin
03-12-2003, 12:18 PM
>>Actually, that's not exactly true... all the military outfits in Angel Sanctuary have a very "square-shouldered" look while women generally have rounded off shoulders.

Those are the MILITARY costumes. Maybe they have built in shoulder pads. A lot of the time, the males in AS are drawn much more like women. It's just the style they're drawn in.

>>Which means that you would still need shoulder pads to have that shape otherwise the uniform would not fall well. (Look at formal women's suits, the very stiff slightly male kind, they all have shoulder pads.)

I still don't believe it's neccessary for all costumes, and certainly not for all of Rosiel's costumes.

>>The difference is that for some more "manly" men, you would have to use shoulder pads worthy of an 80s pop star, and for most 3/4 to 1 inch small shoulder pads is enough.

X_X
*dies*
I hate shoulder pads in any case, so I don't use them, really. And I look ok as a boy. *shrug*

Not that I'd ever dress as a MANLY man anways. I couldn't pass for one. ^^

>>As for the more "relaxed costumes", most of them would still benefit from a 1/2 inch shoulder pad as it gives fabric shape, and drapes better over the front (hiding any little bulges brought upon from shifting ace bandages).

*laugh*
They might make them sit better. I dunno.
I never use ace bandages, so I never have the shifting problem. ^^

>>Lol, I honestly do not know any anime male characters that do that. If you can list at least three, you'll totally blow my mind.

*laugh!!*
Mine too.

I think Lupin is about as typical male as I've seen ANY anime character be. ^^

~~Tsuki Guujin~~

Ravenous
03-14-2003, 01:05 AM
i do agree, most of the males in AS have built that resembles that of a woman (effiminate that is) that it will be soo easy for crossplaying :) but to start with, do you guys noticed that most of the costume are based in popular Jpop outfits, particularly hyde of l~arc en ciel?

:: peeks out of lurking ::

Rosiel
03-14-2003, 08:14 AM
> i do agree, most of the males in AS have built that resembles that of a woman

I don't see it. ^__^

I mean they are mostly very slender men, but they all have wider, squarer, shoulders than women and really really narrow hips. The one person I know who has the perfect AS body is a guy.

Women are not known for wide square shoulder (this isn't Clamp, their proportions are more realistic! *laughs*) and very narrow hips. AS males have more of an adolescent male built actually, now that I think about it, as opposed to a fully developped male look. The Greek ideal of the ephebe.

Their faces are often very effeminate, though. That's where most of the gender-bending happens imo.

But, yes, they are easier to crossplay because they are not manly muscle-men like Sephiroth, but I would not call them feminine. (Ken Hidaka in Gluhen fits the bill though, the man practically looks like he has hips! O_O)

Ravenous
03-14-2003, 09:16 AM
hmmm...i do agree you have a point to rosiel, there is some manliness instilled in their anatomy BUT in some point there is still some femininity in them ^^;

maybe its also has something to do with the 'angels dont have actual gender' theory. I think the artist melded both features for the best of them :)

:: drools over ::

TsukiGuujin
03-15-2003, 01:23 AM
>>Women are not known for wide square shoulder (this isn't Clamp, their proportions are more realistic! *laughs*) and very narrow hips. AS males have more of an adolescent male built actually, now that I think about it, as opposed to a fully developped male look. The Greek ideal of the ephebe.

Funny, I don't see quite what you see, either.
Not really.
I see SOME of it, but not quite. *shrug*
If I was skinnier, I'd have AS build, but I'm not...and I'm still quite girl-body looking, really. So...yeah. ^^

>>maybe its also has something to do with the 'angels dont have actual gender' theory. I think the artist melded both features for the best of them

This is prolly true. You have a really good point there. ^^

~~Tsuki~~

p.s. I'm not THAT famliar with the Clamp style, because I don't like Clamp all too much, so I can't use that example well.

Chosuke
03-15-2003, 09:20 AM
I never knew walking was so complicated o_o

I've grew up hanging around boys my whole life,I just tend to get along with them much better and find they are alot less problematic and catty then most females ^^;
<no offense cosplay.com girls,you're all angels ^^>
And I guess in a way I have adopted alot of what they do,mainly cause i'm around them much more..but also cause its when I'm most relaxed. I sit the same most of the time,and I guess I talk the same way as them too.

Body wise I definitely am not boyshaped,and happen to be quite petite. But when I'm around guys my entire body language changes from the way I stand to the way I gesture,as if I'm one of them also.

What I'm trying to get at I guess is that you always adapt to the company you keep.Hang with girls and you mostlikely will naturally pick up a few habits and act a bit differently.

Hope that made sense ^^;

Ravenous
03-16-2003, 01:12 PM
oh yeah, i think i mentioned this before...

aside from the millitary inspired getups, much of the sassier styles from AS are derived from Hyde of L~arc en ciel band. I especially noticed the obvious at the madhatter getup. I think this Jpop group trailblazed the inspired stylish dressing trend in most anime and mangas, especially angel sanctuary... the anime with androgynous angels ^.~ :: drools again ::

see it to believe!

yasafusa
03-24-2003, 03:43 PM
Well, I know quite a few girls who pluck or wax thier eyebrows! If your a typical male with busy eyebrows... It couldn't hurt to tame them down! I've seen many pictures of crossplay that would take some serious magnification to determine the persons gender if the eyebrows were smaller... HOWEVER... eyebrows aren't fast growing... It might take a while to grow back. Except my one roomate I had in the military; he had to shave the "part" to keep from having a uni-brow EVERYDAY!!! Of course this man looked like Chewbacca when he took his shirt off!

Chahan
04-03-2003, 03:40 PM
Ok...for girls trying to be more masculine, don't pull your shoulders back too far/sort-of-stick-your-boobs-out posture (I tend to pull my shoulders back a lot, and I've found that I tend to act slightly more feminine when I am standing or sitting this way, but that's just me). A friend of mine, on the other hand, is a big-time jock, and can act like a guy very well. And, yep, this is what I've noticed when she starts acting like a guy:
-hunches her shoulders forward slightly (she doesn't look like a hunchback or anything)
-sits with her knees apart...of course she never wears a skirt
-sits a little lower in her chair than most girls do (I'm not really sure if a lot of guys sit lower in their chairs...but that's just the way it seems to me)
-has a sort bouncy strut (I don't know...it's hard to describe, and I'm sure it's hard to do forcefully)
-crosses her arms a lot

So..that's my list. The shoulder hunching thing I'm not too sure about, it may just be me.