PDA

View Full Version : Punk goes...

KaineMaxwell
02-28-2003, 09:49 PM
Anyone hear or buy any of the "Punk goes..." cds they sell at Hot Topic stores?

I bought Punk goes Pop this evening and love it myself!

RoseDuelist
02-28-2003, 11:54 PM
No, but whose on it? I like mix CD's.. you get more for your money.

Yautja834
03-01-2003, 12:50 AM
i havent even been in a hottopic store in months.

Yggdrasil Pie
03-01-2003, 01:02 AM
Punk goes pop? If it goes pop is it punk anymore? *confused*

KaineMaxwell
03-01-2003, 08:27 AM
They're mixes, yes. Basically it's punk bands doing covers of pop songs, metal songs, etc.

RoseDuelist
03-01-2003, 12:24 PM
Hmmm... can you name any of the punk bands? Are they popular like System of a Down, lesser known like Kidneytheives, or really REALLY lesser known like the garage band that wake me up in the morning every time I spend the night at my cousins house. O.o;;

Anyway, it's cool..... what songs are on it?

peaseblossom
03-01-2003, 01:26 PM
I think Blink 182 may be on it. Which makes it Pop goes Pop.

KaineMaxwell
03-01-2003, 02:18 PM
Lesser indie groups. Lemme read off the back.
(Its by fearless Records)

Dynamite Boy- I want it that way
Slick Shoes- Candy
Yellowcard- Everywhere
Stretch Arm Strong- Get this party started
Rufio- Like a parayer
Further Seems Forever- Bye, bye, bye
Noise Ratchet- Crush
Element 101- I'm like a bird
Knockout- Survivor
The Starting Line- I'm real
Keepsake- The way you love me
Reach the Sky- Sometimes
Fake ID- All or nothing
Showoff- Borderline
Thrice- Send me an angel
Nicotine- Baby one more time
Student Rick- Heaven is a place on Earth

Tenjou
03-01-2003, 07:16 PM
I bought that awhile ago before Hot Topic had it in stock. It's cool! It makes Backstreet Boys listenable XD But it's great. I recommend it if you're a person who likes some pop songs but hate the vocals and are a punk fan. I think there is a Japanese band on there too? I may be mistaken... but I'm pretty sure they are one of the Britney Spears songs.

Velvy
03-01-2003, 09:19 PM
*sees Nicotine listed* Wow. O.O

RoseDuelist
03-02-2003, 12:21 AM
Hmmm.. the "get this party started" is the only song on there I already like... but if it makes the Backside boys... I mean Backstreet boys listenable, then maybe the others will be good as well.

Hmmm... *checks under couch cussions for money* :D

KaineMaxwell
03-02-2003, 08:48 AM
Yes Tenjou, finally someone knows what I speak of!
*huggles*

And yes, the BSB and N'Suck covers are decent, as is "Baby one more time" and my fav on the cd is "Heaven is a place on Earth".

Tenjou
03-02-2003, 09:38 AM
-huggles Kaine back- XD yay!

Yeah, "Heaven" is one of my favorites too, as well as "Borderline" and "Send Me An Angel".

Just to let you know, Fearless also has out a "Punk Goes Metal" CD. I don't have it yet, but I've sampled it and it sounds good. Here's the listing for it:

Divit/Breakin' the Law (Judas Priest)
Jughead's Revenge/Talk Dirty To Me (Poison)
AFI/My Michelle (Guns N' Roses)
Bigwig/War Ensemble (Slayer)
A New Found Glory/Heaven Isn't Too Far Away (Warrant)
Strung Out/Bark at the Moon (Ozzy Osbourne)
The Ataris/I Remember You (Skid Row)
Link 80/Harvester of Sorrow (Metallica)
Guttermouth/Sexual Abuse (St. Madness)
Dynamite Boy/TNT (AC/DC)
Death By Stereo/Little Fighter (White Lion)
Swindle/Youth Gone Wild (Skid Row)
Turnedown/I Don't Know (Ozzy Osbourne)
Diesel Boy/Looks that Kill (Motley Crue)
RX Bandits/Holy Wars (Megadeth)
Ten Foot Pole/Love Song (Tesla)
The Aquabats/Why Rock? (Leather Pirate)

I really am a fan of tribute and cover CDs, so that's probably why I like Punk Goes Pop so much. Laterness!

KaineMaxwell
03-02-2003, 10:09 AM
I don't shop at Hot Topic that much but cds like that make it worth going too. Now if I can get the money for the Alkaline Trio they have that I really want I'll be happy...

Tenjou
03-02-2003, 12:09 PM
Yeah, but their CDs are sometimes overpriced. Have you ever gone to Newbury Comics? They have REALLY cheap CDs and they have stores all over New England. -hugs Newbury's- They have a little anime too. I got the Tenchi in Toyko soundtrack for $4 one day. *_*

KaineMaxwell
03-02-2003, 01:47 PM
Occasionally I find something I like at HT- mainly the gaming stickers and some shirts.

Tenjou, you like Alkaline Trio also? I may get Punk goes Metal, i'd want to sample it first- they were playing Pop in my store last week and the employees kept talking about how good it was so my friend and I bought the cds.

Tenjou
03-03-2003, 02:17 PM
Alkaline Trio is great from what I've heard on my compilations (some songs are unreleased); I don't have any of their CDs though. My favorite song by theirs so far is "Crawl" which was on the Vagrant Records sampler Another Year on the Streets Volume 1, track 1 I'm pretty sure. I could go check if you wanted me too. XD I go to Hot Topic for the clearance sections. I can't afford anything else. -hugs $8 Incubus shirt-

KaineMaxwell
03-03-2003, 02:37 PM
Tenjou, I'v eonly heard their cover of "Cars" and "Goodbye Forever" and liked them from there. Download "Goodbye Forever" if you get a chance.

Tenjou
03-03-2003, 02:48 PM
Darn my computer. I don't have a downloader program. Do they have it on a CD?

I have to go, but later on I'll post the songs I have on CD of theirs. Later!

KaineMaxwell
03-03-2003, 03:16 PM
"Goodbye Forever" is on the cd that as the white cover and the see-through cassette tape on the front.

Use Kazaa Lite or WinMX to find the song.

Tenjou
03-03-2003, 05:39 PM
I can't get Kazaa because my dad thinks if I download anything I'll get a virus in the computer -_-;

Thanks for telling me what it looks like. =D

KaineMaxwell
03-03-2003, 07:48 PM
If you're on AIM and can accept files I can send you the song sometime.

Pink Bunnie
12-06-2003, 06:58 AM
I just recently bought the punk goes accoustic cd. I luv accoustic music and I luv punk. it seemed like wise decision. and I don't regret it either. some of the bands aren't "technically" punk but I still like the cd none-the-less

TheAnarCHris
12-08-2003, 11:15 AM
Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Trice....

Chiri
12-11-2003, 03:26 PM
I saw that CD when I took my usual trip to Hot Topic this last Sunday...It looked pretty cool, but I was too poor to buy it XD Damn, my luck!

I had previously spent my money on my new Kittie "Spit" album (which is really good, by the way, being that I am a sucker for my heavy metal/punk music), and a truckload of Christmas gifts. *_*

Susumari
12-11-2003, 05:30 PM
i would like to get an otep cd.

flora-bot
12-11-2003, 06:01 PM
oh okay, so it's pop-punk bands doing covers of pop songs. 8^|