PDA

View Full Version : Starting photography

cosplaycandy
05-30-2006, 11:34 AM
First post, please don't kill me...

I'm interested in starting cosplay photography, and I'm interested in purchasing a good digital camera in order to get started. I don't have enough to buy a professional/SLR camera, and I'd just like to start small. Does anyone have any ideas for a good one? I'd like to spend up to 200 for as many megapixels I can find. Thank you in advance.

jtnishi
05-30-2006, 12:12 PM
Welcome to the posting side of things. ^^

http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=82941 is a fairly recent thread for this question. A post in there by staereo points to more than a few others. The answer for a good camera changes about as frequently as the wind, but the answer for finding the right one for you probably won't. It's admittedly hard to do a search for this topic in the forum, since the right keywords are probably going to come up in a lot of threads.

Mods, any thoughts about whether maybe a sticky thread about the topic of how to find the right camera for an individual might be justified?

KaineMaxwell
05-30-2006, 12:21 PM
staereo's posts are some the best ones for advice.

staereo
05-30-2006, 01:19 PM
Awww, thank you. You're far too kind!

I feel that we are blessed in this community to have as many intelligent, crafty, and intuitive photographers as we do. Sometimes we all differ in opinions and preferences, but I would have to say that there is a very comprehensive level of photography knowledge here.

Respectfully,
Bruce

SolarTempest
05-30-2006, 07:25 PM
Mods, any thoughts about whether maybe a sticky thread about the topic of how to find the right camera for an individual might be justified?
I think that is a great idea! Something about recommended cosplay photography equipment (or what to look for in different price/performance ranges of camera).

ZiggyB
05-30-2006, 09:28 PM
I went ahead and stickied the other thread about cameras. :)

staereo
05-30-2006, 10:20 PM
Thanks ziggy! Good call.