PDA

View Full Version : X-men for D*C 2006

mocha
05-31-2006, 10:18 PM
Hey everyone ^_^

A few friends and myself are planning on making X-men costumes for Dragon*Con. I plan on coming as Psylocke. Is there anyone else planning on bringing an X-men costume? I thought it would be cool to see what else other people have planned. :thumbsup:

Cast of Characters
(last update- 08/05/06)

crimsonvision: Dark Phoenix
SelphieLu: Dazzler
HopelessHavoc: Wolverine (civilian)
mocha: Psylocke
Marianne Solav: Rogue (X3)
isamu85: Beast (X3)
Lafiel: X23, Emma Frost
Tasukichan: Black Queen, Dark Phoenix, Jean ('New X-Men' )
Vespertinal: Rogue ('Going Rogue' series)
zeus2k2: Gambit, Wolverine (movie)
wuzzled: Dark Phoenix (X3)
Southern l3elle: Phoenix, Marvel Girl, Rogue ('X-Men Legends' )
Darkkyo: Juggernaut (X3 or Comic?)
DrunkenSnyder: Sabretooth
Kell: Rogue ('Ultimate Universe')
Manda: Phoenix, Marvel Girl
vamphunterx: Wolverine ('Ultimate X-Men')
TechieCL: Chase "Talkback" Stein
aqeldroma: Dark Phoenix (X3)
BelleChere: Rogue (various versions)
BelleChere's husband: Gambit (Xtreme)
Osuwari: Jubilee
Keely: Blink
Keely's friends: Nocturne, Beast, Cyclops, and Psylocke
angelicstar: Lady Deathstrike and Psylocke
Evil Dr. Axis: Wolverine
TheWickedOne: Scott SummersAlright, I believe that's everyone that has posted so far. If I made a mistake just let me know and I'll be glad to change it for you. ^_^ Also if you're not on the list and want to join, feel free to do so! :heart:

HopelessHavoc
06-01-2006, 08:21 AM
I'll be there as Wolverine in his civilian clothes with claws ^_^

Darth Takeo
06-01-2006, 12:15 PM
One of our Team may end up doing a version of Wolverine as well, and another is planning to do X-3 style Juggernaut.

crimsonvision
06-01-2006, 01:56 PM
I'll be bringing my Phoenix costume again this year. ;)

Marianne Solav
06-01-2006, 07:53 PM
I'll be there as Rogue from X3.

isamu85
06-01-2006, 11:00 PM
Beast from X-men 3 in business suit

Darth Takeo
06-02-2006, 07:20 AM
That sounds awesome, look forward to seeing it!

Lafiel
06-02-2006, 11:22 AM
I'll have an X23 for sure. Slim chance I might rewear my Emma frost from last year, but doubtful on that.

Can't wait!

Toastersix
06-02-2006, 05:36 PM
Yes ma'am I am! I'm probably going to be devoting a whole day for X-Men fun. 8D I'm bringing:
Black Queen(Jean)
Dark Phoenix
'New X-Men' Jean

Vespertinal
06-03-2006, 02:47 AM
X-Men cosplayers are endless at Dragon Con; I love it. I'll be dressed as comic book Rogue from the Going Rogue Series... though I may just change it to her well known style, I haven't decided yet.

:)

vamphunterx
06-03-2006, 06:32 PM
I'll have an X23 for sure.
OMG X-23, HELL YESS!!! I can't believe you got that gravity-defying costume of Emma's to work. You should think about doing a diamond-form Emma. I'm trying to decide between Ultimate X-Men Wolverine, X-Men Evolution Spike, or Bishop.
Wow man, I can't wait to see that

To The Girls: Anyone thinking about doing Polaris or Sage?

Zeus2k2
06-05-2006, 08:08 AM
I will be coming as movie version Wolverine(leather uniform).
I will also be coming as comic version Gambit. ^_^

Vespertinal
06-05-2006, 03:34 PM
To The Girls: Anyone thinking about doing Polaris or Sage?
I'm trying to weasel my friend into doing an X costume. Last I checked she was considering Polaris.

Can't wait to see everyone's costume! :)

mocha
06-05-2006, 04:51 PM
Wow! So many great costumes! I can't wait to see them all! Does anyone want to try having photoshoot at some point? With this many people there should be a good turnout. ^_^

wuzzled
06-06-2006, 12:34 PM
I was thinking about doing the Dark Phoenix costume from the X-men 3 movie, but I suspect there will be a large collection of them. Haven't decided if that's a good reason not to do it!

crimsonvision
06-06-2006, 04:09 PM
I was thinking about doing the Dark Phoenix costume from the X-men 3 movie, but I suspect there will be a large collection of them. Haven't decided if that's a good reason not to do it!

Heh, yeah I know personally 3 people that are doing this costume for DragonCon; I can't imagine how many more there will be! Ah well; I'll still be old school! ;)

Dany
06-06-2006, 05:29 PM
Heh, yeah I know personally 3 people that are doing this costume for DragonCon; I can't imagine how many more there will be! Ah well; I'll still be old school! ;)

Nothing wrong with that! Even I was considering it, and then I thought "Y'know, it's gonna be a while before I can do that outfit any justice....at least until I get the DVD...."

Never thought I was much of a super hero ;D

It's a nice costume, it'll be great to see what people do with her with the info that is out there presently.

vamphunterx
06-07-2006, 12:07 AM
I think we have to do a photoshoot, with all these great costumes it wouldn't make sense not to.

I'm trying to weasel my friend into doing an X costume. Last I checked she was considering Polaris.
Awesome, I love Polaris's Astonishing X-Men costume

I plan on coming as Psylocke.
If you don't mind me asking, which costume?

TechieCL
06-07-2006, 11:19 AM
Not X-Men, but related if you got the Free Comic Book Day X-Men / Runaways crossover Issue...

I can bring out my Chase "Talkback" Stein cosplay as it'll be done by Comic-Con.

mocha
06-08-2006, 08:34 AM
I think we have to do a photoshoot, with all these great costumes it wouldn't make sense not to.

If you don't mind me asking, which costume?

Yeah, I was thinking some time during the morning or early afternoon since there's so much going on during the evening. Does anyone have suggestions for a time?

I'm not telling. It's a surprise! :toothy:

vamphunterx
06-09-2006, 07:09 PM
I think my friend still wants to do a Juggernaut costume, I'm not sure if its gonna be comic book version or movie version though. Too bad we don't have a mansion to take photo's in. Or a Danger Room. Is everyone else excited about this X-Men gathering?

I'm not telling. It's a surprise!
Quick, we need a Professor X cosplayer to read her mind and tell me which costume she's doing. Oh no....wait....Psylocke is immune to telepathy now, I forgot. I think I have a feeling of which one, but any of them would be awesome.

vamphunterx
06-15-2006, 09:50 PM
OK, my friend wants to do X3 movie Juggernaut

So far from the thread we've got...

-[My cast list is now longer needed here]-

We've got a good sized group, Thanx to mocha for starting this thread

Wow, we just need some villians

reannaremick
06-16-2006, 06:26 AM
I'm making the Dark Phoenix (well, the jacket and the corset, she's doing the rest) from X 3 for Tasukichan to wear. I am working on an X-23 from the comics for myself and I'm pretty excited. I always wanted an excuse to walk around with claws all day. ^_^

I still have no idea WHEN I'm wearing it since I have 12 other costumes planned....>.<;; but I'll figure it out somehow.

crimsonvision
06-16-2006, 03:09 PM
OK, my friend wants to do X3 movie Juggernaut

So far from the thread we've got...

(updated 06/16/06)
Beast(X3) - Isamu85
Psylocke - Mocha
Phoenix - Crimsonvision
Rogue(X3) - Marianne Solav
Wolverine(Civilian) - HopelessHavoc
X-23 - Lafiel
Dark Phoenix(X3), Jean(Black Queen & New X-Men) - Tasukichan
Wolverine(Ultimate X-Men) - Vamphunterx
Rogue - Vespertinal
Wolverine(X3), Gambit - Zeus2k2
Chase "Talkback" Stein - TechieCL
X-23 - Reannaremick

We've got a good sized group, Thanx to mocha for starting this thread

Wow, we just need some villians

Ah, I should have clarified; I am wearing my Dark Phoenix *points to Icon*

Southernl3elle
06-18-2006, 07:02 AM
I personally will be attending as Rogue from X-Men Legends and the green and gold Phoenix. My fiance' will be attending as Sabretooth, and a friend of ours will be attending as the Green Phoenix as well, and as Marvel Girl from Jean's early days. I also have a lot of friends making an x-men group this year as well so it'll be rather interesting.

Darkkyo
06-23-2006, 08:36 AM
As Darth Takeo stated i'm in the progress of making my Juggernaut outfit for dragoncon. It's a cross between the X3 version and the Comic version. The main thing is the Helmet. I'm hung up on which Helmet to do. Since i don't see that many Juggernauts out there i told my friends that i would have a hell of a time doing it. We should set up something for a friday get together.

vamphunterx
06-27-2006, 02:18 AM
Anybody know wear to find good reference pics of Juggernaut(X3 version)?

SelphieLu
06-27-2006, 07:11 AM
Hopefully, if all goes well I'll be going as Dazzler.

Silver jumpsuit, roller skates and a disco ball! Going old school, yeah! XD

HopelessHavoc
06-27-2006, 08:40 AM
I've started work on my claws for Wolverine ^_^
And I'll likely have a friend of mine with me as SabreTooth (movie version)
So put 'DrunkenSnyder' down as SabreTooth ^^

vamphunterx:

They might have some character pics at the official site for the movie.. other than that, I don't really know where you could find a good stash of Juggernaut pics ^_^; I would just try googling it.

kelldar
06-27-2006, 06:08 PM
lol awesome a dazzler! i never had the courage to wear mine, i'd figured i'd bust my butt on the roller skates!
A group from our area is doing several x-men costumes, not sure what all everybody is doing, but I'm doing ultimate universe Rogue (the blue and yellow uniform)... I thought about bringing my Dark Phoenix too but I don't think i'll have time to wear it!

isamu85
06-28-2006, 10:18 AM

I'm uploading some X3 pics in one of my picture galeries. I came across a few. Hope they help!

http://s19.photobucket.com/albums/b166/isamu85/x-men/?action=view&current=X300_074.jpg

http://s19.photobucket.com/albums/b166/isamu85/x-men/?action=view&current=movieimage_4755.jpg

http://s19.photobucket.com/albums/b166/isamu85/x-men/?action=view&current=juggernaut.jpg

mocha
06-28-2006, 10:39 AM
Sorry I haven't really been keeping up with the thread guys. AFO stuff has been keeping me pretty busy. I'll post the costume list on the first page later today. It should be easier to find and view without having to search through all the pages. (Probably should have done that from the beginning huh? ^_^; )

By the way, how's the costume progress going for everyone? ^_^

isamu85
06-28-2006, 05:46 PM
for now, I just need the makeup

Manda
06-28-2006, 07:00 PM
I'll be bringing Phoenix and old school Marvel Girl.

TechieCL
06-28-2006, 09:42 PM
Well I have half my clothing and props for Chase...I need to redo his arm band and try to figure out his x-ray goggles and laser (and with luck be done with them by comic-con)

vamphunterx
06-29-2006, 03:29 AM
Havoc: Yeah I've been trying that but with little luck

Isamu85: OMG Thanx

Costume progress could be better, but it's going well. I am also starting on my claws. We have to do a huge X-23's and Wolverine's fight

mocha
07-01-2006, 08:25 AM
Hehe, sorry about that Techie! ^_^; I just noticed I left that off the list. I'm going to change it now.

Vespertinal
07-13-2006, 06:52 PM
As I said in another thread, I really have got to start logging into cosplay.com more often! Costume progress for Rogue is going well. All I need to do is sew the bodysuit (which I'm doing in August because I'm still loosing weight) and I'm all set!

A photoshoot sounds wonderful. I have a few other friends who'll be dressing as X-Men; I'll pass this information over to them. What day are we having it?

Hopefully, if all goes well I'll be going as Dazzler. Silver jumpsuit, roller skates and a disco ball! Going old school, yeah! XD
Old school X-costumes rock; I would so love to see this if all goes according to your plan!

:)

mocha
07-14-2006, 01:36 PM
That's good to hear Vespertinal! I'm sure it's going to come out great! ^_^ If you'd like I can add your friends to the list as well. I actually asked about a time earlier but no one really responded, lol. Since the time is getting closer that might be a good idea!

I think the photoshoot should either be one of the mornings or late at night, since some people are competiting in contests and such. Does anyone else have a suggestion?

reannaremick
07-14-2006, 04:08 PM
mocha - I'm wearing X-23 first thing in the AM til about noon on Friday, so early morning def. works for me.

vamphunterx - A fight would be awesome, looking forward to it. I need to make my "safe" claws still. I'm ordering some for photoshoots that are razor sharp :D

vamphunterx
07-18-2006, 03:06 AM
I think the photoshoot should either be one of the mornings or late at night, since some people are competiting in contests and such. Does anyone else have a suggestion?
I'm wearing X-23 first thing in the AM til about noon on Friday, so early morning def. works for me.
I think morning will be best for me too

vamphunterx - A fight would be awesome, looking forward to it. I need to make my "safe" claws still. I'm ordering some for photoshoots that are razor sharp

Just have your Healing Factor ready LOL. It should be interesting to see all shots of all of us together, reppin' for Cosplay.com

I'm still trying to decide whether to do a civilian UX Wolvie or a costumed UX Wolvie. I may do both, just where one a different day or later the same day. If I do the civilian one, I'll have cuts, bullet holes, burns, blood, etc. all over the outfit.

TechieCL
07-18-2006, 12:37 PM
I vote late night as I won't be arriving to the con until 7 or 8pm Friday.

Darkkyo
07-18-2006, 12:46 PM
Well TeamTakeo's group of superheros will be doing it all Friday cause there's an Xmen/Marvel gathering around 2 and there's going to be alot of Superheros (mostly DC) that gather on friday night like last year. So hopefully if my Juggernaut is ready i'll be wearing it friday during the day.

mocha
07-18-2006, 03:11 PM
Ok, well it seems that Friday is the best day for everyone. The hard part now is figuring out a time. In my opinion I believe late night would be best as well. That allows everyone time to get there without being so pressed for time. I don't know about you guys, but I'll be rushing to the con from work. ^_^;

Reannaremick, I know you voted for early morning, but would you possibly be free at anytime during Friday night?

reannaremick
07-18-2006, 05:11 PM
Yeah, I can probably move things around, or if nothing else I can put it back on just for that shoot. But it's really not one of my big costumes so I don't wanna wear it at night, I save my BIG stuff that I really want to show off for nighttime. :/

vamphunterx
07-20-2006, 01:38 AM
Pretty much anytime, I can be there. And if I can't make it, I'll just where the costume some other time during the weekend.

You guys just decide when

Lycoris
07-21-2006, 09:36 AM
Wow... I've been considering going to this con. I've heard it's loads of fun and after seeing this thread I 'really' want to go! I'm almost finished making an X-men costume for Otakon myself and I'd so love to your costumes!

You guys definitely have to post photos of this (in case I can't make it).

aqeldroma
07-21-2006, 10:05 AM
Hey there!

I'm completeing a Dark Phoenix from X-Men: The Last Stand. It will be done for Dragoncon and I had planned to bring it there.

However--my ENTIRE group just bailed on me for going and I'm trying to decide if it's worth going on my own.

I was the one with all the room reservations, luckily (so I have two rooms with two double beds in the Hyatt--but no one to fill them).

Is anyone looking for crashspace or wants to tell me it's worth going? :P

-Alyssa

Darth Takeo
07-21-2006, 02:08 PM
It's worth going. Personally I always go in a group(our Team) but if for some reason I was in your shoes, I'd not blink. I'd be there regardless. Sorry about your situation, though.

Advice: Have people pay you for the room costs ahead of time, with the stipulation that the money is non-refundable. Makes it harder for them to bail in those cases. I had to learn from a similar experience to yours.

Luckily you should be okay if you have to cancel one of your room reservations. I had someone bail on me the day of departure.

HopelessHavoc
07-21-2006, 03:38 PM
Hey there!

I'm completeing a Dark Phoenix from X-Men: The Last Stand. It will be done for Dragoncon and I had planned to bring it there.

However--my ENTIRE group just bailed on me for going and I'm trying to decide if it's worth going on my own.

I was the one with all the room reservations, luckily (so I have two rooms with two double beds in the Hyatt--but no one to fill them).

Is anyone looking for crashspace or wants to tell me it's worth going? :P

-Alyssa

I'm sorry to hear about your group bailing on you. But I would definitely still go! I went to Dragon*Con last year by myself.. and it was my first time ever cosplaying too.. and I had the time of my life ^_^
You can always chill with the X-Men group too if you get lonely.
And I wouldn't worry too much about the rooms.. there are always people looking for a place to crash, and you could rack up some serious cash "renting out" that room ^^ Just an idea
Well, hopefully you still go and add to our growing Mutant Ranks XD

BelleChere
07-22-2006, 11:48 AM
Whee! Myself and my husband will be there! I'll be doing /several/ Rogues (though never her typical green and yellow, nor anything movieverse (and people consider her 'Rogue', ugh)) and will one day manage to do an old school Mystique! My husband will be doing Xtreme Gambit. Can't wait to see everyone! :)

EDIT: I don't know if it's okay to do this sort of thing, but I'm on an X-Men cosplay board (http://cosplayxmen.conforums3.com/index.cgi) and people who cosplay X-Men are always welcome to join! We have a DragonCon group started as well.

mocha
07-24-2006, 10:27 AM
Yes D*C is definitely worth going to! It's "the con that never sleeps"! XD Even if you don't have a huge group with you, there's so many people there you're bound to find someone to hang out with. And yeah, like Hopeless said, you guys can always chill with the X-Men group!

BelleChere: I totally agree with you on the Rogue thing. She's one of my favorites and they just killed it for me in those movies. -_- That would be very cool if you do an old school Mystique! She's a rarely cosplayed character. And thanks for the heads up about the forum!

Osuwari
07-24-2006, 07:33 PM
Oh man I can't wait. This will be my first Dragon Con. I was planning on making a Jubilliee(sp) outfit and all. Can't wait to see everyone ^-^

Keely
07-27-2006, 09:45 AM
We've got a Blink (me), Nocturne, Beast, Cyclops and Psylocke in our group. We'll be wearing ours on Sunday. Can't wait to see you all there!!

crimsonvision
08-02-2006, 07:10 PM
I'll be wearing my Dark Phoenix on Sunday during the day and Yaya Han will be running around as Lady Deathstrike as well; hopefully we'll all find each other!

vamphunterx
08-03-2006, 08:32 AM
We've got a Blink (me), Nocturne, Beast, Cyclops and Psylocke in our group. We'll be wearing ours on Sunday. Can't wait to see you all there!!

BLINK?!?!?! HELL YES!

Fellow mutants, we gotta figure out a time for Friday night and a meeting place. I assume everyone would be able to find the lobby of the Hyatt Regency or the Marriott Marquis. Either one is fine with me.

yayahan
08-04-2006, 05:54 PM
I'll be wearing my Dark Phoenix on Sunday during the day and Yaya Han will be running around as Lady Deathstrike as well; hopefully we'll all find each other!

So Sunday it is! I actually have another X-men costume besides Lady Deathstrike, so I'll probably end up wearing both that day. Hopefully the Gambit and Storm in my group will be there as well!
http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=786980

Evil Dr. Axis
08-04-2006, 07:40 PM
Chances are I'll be doing my wolverine from last year again.

reannaremick
08-04-2006, 08:59 PM
Sadly now I will not be able to do X-23, my fabric budget just isn't working out so I'm taking it off the list. I am however putting back on an old costume so I still have 14 >.<;;

Anyway, hopefully next year I'll get to do some X-men stuff with you guys! And I'll definitely look for you to take pics of you all.

TheWickedOne
08-05-2006, 12:40 AM
i'll be there as scott summers in visor, no actual uniform to speak of, and evil doctor axis wil be there as logan

mocha
08-05-2006, 02:20 PM
Great! More people! ^_^ I've added you all to the list. Since there are quite a few people doing X-Men cosplay on Sunday, do you all think that would be a better day for the photoshoot? And would it be better during the day or night?

reannaremick: I'm sorry to hear that. It would be nice if you'd still meet up with us for pictures though! ^_^

angelicstar: Your Lady Deathstrike is awesome! XD I wanted to get a pic of you last year but when I saw you I didn't have my camera on me. lol I did get a pic of your water nymph though! ^_^

yayahan
08-06-2006, 01:55 AM
Great! More people! ^_^ I've added you all to the list. Since there are quite a few people doing X-Men cosplay on Sunday, do you all think that would be a better day for the photoshoot? And would it be better during the day or night?

reannaremick: I'm sorry to hear that. It would be nice if you'd still meet up with us for pictures though! ^_^

angelicstar: Your Lady Deathstrike is awesome! XD I wanted to get a pic of you last year but when I saw you I didn't have my camera on me. lol I did get a pic of your water nymph though! ^_^

Hey girl! Hm we'll probably be in various Xmen costumes all day/night on Sunday. Don't worry about changing times for us, I don't wan to make things difficult. I definitely hope to see everyone's costumes!
And thank you for the compliment - it's such a hard costume to wear because the claws render me useless for most everything lol. I can't wait to see what you girls are bringing this year!

SelphieLu
08-06-2006, 09:16 AM
Unfortunately due to time constraints I won't be able to pull out Dazzler for D*con ( and I even bought the roller skates too. ;_; ) but I will be bringing my White Queen costume to wear, so I'll still be able to do X-Men! :D

Manda
08-06-2006, 09:05 PM
So Sunday it is! I actually have another X-men costume besides Lady Deathstrike, so I'll probably end up wearing both that day. Hopefully the Gambit and Storm in my group will be there as well!
http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=786980

Well, seems I'll have to pull out Phoenix for Sunday as well. :)

TheWickedOne
08-06-2006, 09:48 PM
so there will be two returning x-men from last years masq. group. myself as cyclops, but in the scott summers street clothes and logan. good old logan.

yayahan
08-07-2006, 03:03 AM
Well, seems I'll have to pull out Phoenix for Sunday as well. :)

Why that would be fabulous!! ^o^

Evil Dr. Axis
08-07-2006, 07:26 PM
What night are most people planning to do X-men? I'm razoring off the Wolvie chops after I do the costume, so I want to have lots of people to take pics with before I hack off the facial hair.

Keely
08-08-2006, 09:48 AM
I'm gonna be getting a large x-men group together on Sunday morning (9 or 10 Am most likely) anyone know of a good place to meet?

Sunday's the only day we can do it, because we're not gonna do full body make-up more than one day! lol

crimsonvision
08-08-2006, 09:53 AM
I'm gonna be getting a large x-men group together on Sunday morning (9 or 10 Am most likely) anyone know of a good place to meet?

Sunday's the only day we can do it, because we're not gonna do full body make-up more than one day! lol

'The Hyatt lobby has always been a good place to meet.

Keely
08-08-2006, 09:56 AM
Awesome, I'm trying to get some people from the x-men cosplay boards to join us so hopefully we'll have a HUGE group!

NiceGai44
08-08-2006, 01:47 PM
If I go I will be doing Gambit. Nightcrawler wont be done until Otakon.

Darkkyo
08-08-2006, 05:31 PM
My Juggernaut and Comic Villian *to be premired at Dragoncon* are coming along and hopefully with the help of my friends it'll be done in time. We're planning on doing our outfits for Friday night since last year there was more comic superheros on friday night. Man less than a month to go. *Sigh* better get crackin.

Keely
08-10-2006, 09:16 AM
Ok, I know this probably won't work for everyone, but I'm just gonna go ahead and make a decision and say Sunday, The Hyatt Lobby at 9:30 AM. We'll meet at 9 AM and plan to actually take the picture at 9:30. That should give everyone time to get down there, find each other and setup the shot.

So to recap:

X-men Photoshoot
Hyatt Lobby
Sunday
meet at 9:00 AM
group photo at 9:30 AM

We'll have a group from the x-men cosplay boards there, so I'm expecting at least 10 people, but I wouldn't be surprised if we got 20-30.

Hope to see you all there! I'll be the one in bright pink face paint - lol. Also if anyone wants to say hi I'll be with a Firefly group on Friday (as Kaylee) and a Farscape group on Saturday (as Aeryn).

crimsonvision
08-10-2006, 10:53 AM
Ok, I know this probably won't work for everyone, but I'm just gonna go ahead and make a decision and say Sunday, The Hyatt Lobby at 9:30 AM. We'll meet at 9 AM and plan to actually take the picture at 9:30. That should give everyone time to get down there, find each other and setup the shot.

Heh, I'll try my best to be there but 9am usually doesn't exist to me while at DragonCon. :p Will most likely miss the photo but I'll be out and about that morning sometime.

Keely
08-10-2006, 10:58 AM
I know 9 AM is early, I'd prefer to have it be later as well but with so much programming at DragonCon and the Masquarade taking up so much of the evening that's about the only time for us. I'm sure there will be more than one photoshoot throughout the con for those that can't wake up that early ;)

yayahan
08-10-2006, 04:12 PM
Heh, I'll try my best to be there but 9am usually doesn't exist to me while at DragonCon. :p Will most likely miss the photo but I'll be out and about that morning sometime.

My Gambit and I are commuting to the con each morning so we def. won't be there at 9am >_<
I was more thinking along the lines of 11am - noon :P
Hope to still meet up with crimsonvision and others that will stick around in costume!!!

crimsonvision
08-10-2006, 04:14 PM
My Gambit and I are commuting to the con each morning so we def. won't be there at 9am >_<
I was more thinking along the lines of 11am - noon :P
Hope to still meet up with crimsonvision and others that will stick around in costume!!!

I'm with you on the 11am - noon! ;) I'll definately plan to be around the lobby at that time and looking for ya! Can't wait! :)

Keely
08-10-2006, 04:50 PM
Well, we do want as many ppl to go as possible and if that's not good for most people...we can just skip lunch that day and grab something on the go. How does the following sound?

UPDATED

X-men Photoshoot
Hyatt Lobby
Sunday
meet at 11:00 AM
group photo at 11:15 AM

unless I hear otherwise, that's what we're going with.

BelleChere
08-10-2006, 06:34 PM
11am always sounds better than 9am! Especially if I'll be doing Mystique...

Should I do Mystique or Rogue for the photoshoot? Eeep! Decisions!

SouthernBelle
08-11-2006, 08:01 PM
I'm up for the 11 am photoshoot, I'll bring my X-Men Legends 1 Rogue down :D

minako chan
08-18-2006, 01:48 PM
I'll be bringing my Phoenix costume so I'll see you guys there!

TheWickedOne
08-19-2006, 01:15 AM
as last minute as i know it is... my girlfriend will be doing x-23 she'll have her normal hair color(dirty-blonde) but i'm making claws and a toe claw for her. the biggest prob is that her hair isn't black. however, if she were to dye her hair... i'd kill her! i love her hair... sweet. sweet baby's hair.

thewickedone (skarecrow)

vamphunterx
08-21-2006, 12:06 AM
So is the Friday X-Men thing still happening or what?

Keely
08-22-2006, 08:48 AM
as last minute as i know it is... my girlfriend will be doing x-23 she'll have her normal hair color(dirty-blonde) but i'm making claws and a toe claw for her. the biggest prob is that her hair isn't black. however, if she were to dye her hair... i'd kill her! i love her hair... sweet. sweet baby's hair.

thewickedone (skarecrow)

The do have colored hair spray that can work pretty well. I wouldn't suggest using the black because it won't cover well - but if you use a darker brown that'll probably cover better and will give a better illusion.

There is also the wig option :sunburn: Can't wait to see the finished product!

SouthernBelle
08-22-2006, 11:35 AM
Count me in for X-Men Legends Rogue.

reannaremick
08-22-2006, 11:57 AM
If her hair is longer than chin length though the spray can be horrific, I used it on my verrrrrrrry long hair once when I couldn't get a wig and it was a nightmare. I was completely coated in black dust after a few hours because it starts to come off. :/ You'd be better off getting a wig for her, Norcostco in Atlanta has some pretty nice wigs that don't cost an arm in a leg, since it's a bit too late to get one off the net and receive it in time for the con.

arashialexander
08-22-2006, 03:38 PM
With the crazy stuff i've got planned for that time in the mourning i guess i'll make an effort to run from the marriot to the hayatt lobby and join u guys.
Im cosplaying as cyclops x-factor version

Keely
08-23-2006, 12:50 PM
I've noticed a few spiderman's and other marvel characters being posted lately and just thought it might be nice to extend the photoshoot to any marvel characters.

We can do an x-men only shot and then a marvel-only shot. Sound cool to everyone?

vamphunterx
08-23-2006, 10:09 PM
Well unless I somehow win the lottery this week, the Wolverine costume is not gonna happen. I may not have any of my costumes, oh well...

Have fun everyone

Darth Takeo
08-23-2006, 10:28 PM
Well unless I somehow win the lottery this week, the Wolverine costume is not gonna happen. I may not have any of my costumes, oh well...

Have fun everyone
As long as you're there, it's all good!
:rockon:

Keely
08-24-2006, 08:13 AM
Yeah, still drop by and say hi even if you're not cosplaying!

HopelessHavoc
08-24-2006, 08:38 AM
I've noticed a few spiderman's and other marvel characters being posted lately and just thought it might be nice to extend the photoshoot to any marvel characters.

We can do an x-men only shot and then a marvel-only shot. Sound cool to everyone?

It sounds like a neat idea, but I think we should stick to X-Men. That's really why this thread was started was for X-Men. I think trying to add all Marvel characters will just be too chaotic. Since it's Dragon*Con that would mean adding upwards of another 70 people

Keely
08-24-2006, 08:44 AM
I guess I just hate to exclude some characters that might be considered crossover. I mean, would one consider a "The Vision" costume to be only Avengers? Or would that be x-men since his character crosses over so much with Scarlet Witch? Not that anyone is doing a Vision costume that I'm aware of, but it's a good example.

I guess it's just that if anyone shows up with a group of their freiends dressed as x-men and they're say, Spidey or Hulk, I'd hate to be elitist and say, "Nope, you're not a mutant, you can't join." What would the good ole Prof have to say about that? :P

Besides, Peter Parker has argued with Logan before that he is indeed a mutant and... *cuts herself off for risk of showing too much of comic-book nerd self*

I vote for not really advertising it as Marvel, but not excluding those that might show up. Good compromise? We'd, of course, have an x-men ONLY shot as well.

HopelessHavoc
08-24-2006, 08:59 AM
Advertising it as a Marvel shoot was really my only problem anyway. I would never tell anyone that walks up and asks to be in a picture "No! X-Men only!" Even if they weren't even a Marvel character. I'm sure that people who walk by a giant group of X-Men are gonna want to stop and pose with us for a pic, and that's fine
I was just saying that advertising it as a Marvel shoot would make the group too large and unmanagable

Keely
08-24-2006, 09:11 AM
*nods* Understood. We don't want the shoot to be TOO large. I'll admit this is my first DragonCon and I'm sure exactly how many people to expect, thanks for bringing me back down to reality. That's why I asked :)

Can't wait!

crimsonvision
08-24-2006, 10:23 AM
*nods* Understood. We don't want the shoot to be TOO large. I'll admit this is my first DragonCon and I'm sure exactly how many people to expect, thanks for bringing me back down to reality. That's why I asked :)

Can't wait!

Oh my goodness! this is your first D*C?!?! Heehee, are you in for a surprise! :)

*thinks fondly back to her first d-con*

Lafiel
08-24-2006, 10:28 AM
Can we update the orgiinal post with the date and place and time? :D
Unless I missed it.. which is completely possible.

Keely
08-24-2006, 10:30 AM
X-men Photoshoot
Hyatt Lobby
Sunday
meet at 11:00 AM
group photo at 11:15 AM

I can't edit the first post since I wasn't the one that started the thread, but that's the Sunday Photoshoot.

vamphunterx
08-24-2006, 01:13 PM
As long as you're there, it's all good!
Yeah
Yeah, still drop by and say hi even if you're not cosplaying!
I will, one of my friend's will probably be there gettin' some pictures

Keely
08-25-2006, 02:12 PM
Oh my goodness! this is your first D*C?!?! Heehee, are you in for a surprise! :)

*thinks fondly back to her first d-con*

Yup, it's my first one and probably my last. It was torture trying to get all of my friends' schedules clear for this one and next year will be even worse (hopefully at least, since I'm trying to get pregnant at the moment) schedule-wise.

Living a 15-hour-drive away makes it hard. That's why I'm looking forward to this year even more!

Darth Takeo
08-25-2006, 02:57 PM
This is our 2nd year doing a 9+ hour drive, and it most definitely won't be the last!

Once you go Dragon, you never go back!

:D

crimsonvision
08-25-2006, 03:14 PM
Yup, it's my first one and probably my last. It was torture trying to get all of my friends' schedules clear for this one and next year will be even worse (hopefully at least, since I'm trying to get pregnant at the moment) schedule-wise.

Living a 15-hour-drive away makes it hard. That's why I'm looking forward to this year even more!

I drove from Dallas to Atlanta once.

Once.

Spending the $250 on a plane ticket is SOOOOOO worth it. ;)

Keely
08-25-2006, 03:16 PM
Mind if I ask how long it took you?

crimsonvision
08-25-2006, 03:18 PM
Oh jeeze; I don't quite remember as I was sleeping when I wasn't driving (we drove through the night). 16 hours maybe?

Keely
08-25-2006, 03:19 PM
Thanks, that's what we're doing too - driving through the night. And 15-16 was what I had guessed.

Vlad Dracula
08-26-2006, 06:52 AM
Hello everyone! Nice to see some familiar faces from the x-men cosplay board! I'm RemyTheHandsome over there... I finally got around to making a cosplay.com account after Otakon, and it is definitely nice to know so many people here already!

I'll be at D*C, in my newly improved classic Gambit costume, as well as Unlimited Gambit (the one with the blue chestplate and red bandana). Those are my only two x-men costumes, my other two being Dracula and Gunslinger Spawn.

Keely
08-26-2006, 10:14 PM
Awesome Vlad! Be sure to drop by the x-men photoshoot at the Hyatt lobby on Sunday at 11 AM if you can!!

Darkkyo
08-26-2006, 11:43 PM
I'll be wearing my Juggernaut outfit Friday and I'm going to wear it sunday just for the shoot. Man time sure to be whinding down.

Keely
08-26-2006, 11:58 PM
Juggernaught? That'll be AWESOME! Can't wait to see it!

vamphunterx
08-27-2006, 10:19 PM
Well, the Wolverine costume may actually be a possibility now, I only have 2 things to do for it.

Sarisa
08-28-2006, 01:12 AM
Since I saw a Chase Stein listed-- HOMIGOD <3!! ah, what I meant to say is: my friends and I are going girlsquad for Runaways! Gert (guest starring Old Lace), Molly, Karolina, and me as Nico.

Keely
08-28-2006, 08:28 AM
Awesome to have a Runaways cast! Obscure characters can sometimes be the best!

...of course, this is coming from a Blink with a Nocturne in tow! lol

Sarisa
08-28-2006, 08:58 AM
Ahaha, in that case, maybe I should clearly identify what characters we're doing:

Gertrude "Arsenic" Yorkes (with her pet dinosaur Old Lace)
Karolina "Lucy in the Sky" Dean
Nico "Sister Grimm" Minoru
Molly "Bruiser" Hayes

(These aren't the outfits we're doing, but they're similar-- you can see the girls here (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Marvel_Runaways.jpg), in that listed order.)

And Keely, no, I'm sure plenty will recognize Blink! <3 Nocturne might be a little out there for the non-Exiles readership, but, you know, that's the part where you initiate them into the love. (I actually thought about going as Exiles!Sunfire, but there was this lack of time thing going on.)

Keely
08-28-2006, 09:01 AM
Yeah, I'm a tad familiar with Runaways, it'll be cool to see ya'll there. And too bad you didn' thave time to make a Sunfire! That would've been awesome to have pictures of with us!

Blink's always been a character that MOST comic readers know but fans of TAS or the movies wouldn't - so she's obscure to about 1/3 of the X-men fandom. Luckily she and Nocturne both are becoming more well known, especially since Nocturne got stuck in 616 for a while...

Keely
08-28-2006, 09:05 AM
Well, the Wolverine costume may actually be a possibility now, I only have 2 things to do for it.

Awesome! I'm glad it looks like you'll be able to make this costume! Hope to see you there.

Darkkyo
08-29-2006, 09:47 PM
Yay i'm happy the helmet is done and the arm gauntlets are done as well.
http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=826541
Just 2 days to go and it's seems to be coming down to the wire

HopelessHavoc
08-29-2006, 11:23 PM
'Oh sh*t! It's the Juggernaut, b*tch!' XD

Darkkyo - Dude! The helmet looks awesome! I can't wait to see the whole costume

TechieCL
08-29-2006, 11:48 PM
Ahaha, in that case, maybe I should clearly identify what characters we're doing:

Gertrude "Arsenic" Yorkes (with her pet dinosaur Old Lace)
Karolina "Lucy in the Sky" Dean
Nico "Sister Grimm" Minoru
Molly "Bruiser" Hayes

Rock on! Great to see other Runaways cosplayers. The only other one I know is my pal that did Gert with me at Comic-con, but she's stranded on the west coast this year.

BelleChere
08-30-2006, 01:30 AM
AAAH! I'm so excited!

Since there's so many Rogues for the photoshoot (and so many goody-goodies), I've decided to be blue for Sunday. Mystique! My husband will still be Xtreme Gambit.

I want a photo taken with Nocturne! XD Yay alternate reality family relations!

Keely
08-30-2006, 08:59 AM
Dude that looks awesome! Juggernaut!! Whoot.

And BelleChere, Our Nocturne was hoping there would be a Kurt and Mystique there - so I'm sure she'll wanna take a photo with you!

Evil Dr. Axis
08-30-2006, 09:41 AM
So long as work doesn't make me shave my bangin' wolverine chops (they're huge-o-massive compared to last year) I will still be making an appearance as plain clothes logan with claw-age (as long as I don't get too much con hassle). And the Juggernaut?! Sweet! You know you're going to have to say it and I'm going to have to get it on video. "I'm the Jugganaut @#$%!" lol

TheWickedOne
08-30-2006, 12:45 PM
the con keeps getting closer and they haven't made you shave the chops yet... i'm knocking on wood as i type! no one could possibly make you do it now. and gnarkill is gonna be there! that's cooler than the other side of the pillow! i'm so stoked i could scream.

by the way, i'll be rocking the cyc visor again this year. plain clothes scott summers of course.

vamphunterx
09-05-2006, 09:58 PM
Well, the photoshoot looked really awesome, even though I didn't have my costume for it. From talking to a few people I knew who wanted to be in the gathering , but couldn't have there costumes finished in time like me, I was wondering how many of you are gonna be at AWA, maybe we can do a little X-Men stuff there, even though X-Men isn't Anime. We may end up accidently having an X-men VS. Street Fighter gathering lol