PDA

View Full Version : the x-japan thread

Kurenai
03-01-2003, 09:07 PM
yes, they rock my world. yoshiki is god. it doesn't matter that he's more than twice my age, i'd snog him any day!

you all should know my favorite song already : )~ what's yours?

Nabeshin
03-06-2003, 09:04 PM
Art of Life
Silent Jealousy
Kurenai
Say Anything
Dahlia

those are my 5 favorites...Art of Life being the top of the list :)
I actually have learned the intro to Kurenai on guitar..(the part before it gets loud :) )

Kurenai
03-06-2003, 09:13 PM
ooo that part is cool. it reminds me a lot of metallica

Tenjou
03-07-2003, 03:57 PM
When I heard "Forever Love" ... man, that's such a good song I almost cried. It such a beautiful melody and lyrics.

KaineMaxwell
03-07-2003, 04:03 PM
I only heard "Rusty Nail" by them.

Nadeshiko
03-09-2003, 04:00 AM
I like all mixes of Forever Love. Okay, being an X fangirl, it's a given. But what seperated this from Endless Rain and X (the song for their music video for the movie)? Mainly 'cause my sweetie and I waltzed to the piano version during Valentines Day. Since then, it's been "our song." ^^

Yui
03-09-2003, 10:15 PM
Art of Life is practically the theme song to my own life. It plays in my head, quite unheeded, at most times. I've never had a song do that to me since the silly Zelda song from back in the day.
But it's difficult to choose even -five- favorites, for there are so many good ones for many different reasons. Let's see...I am an absolute sucker for Amethyst - Yoshiki proves that he is such a compositional genius no matter the genre he aims for. I don't sing along to songs (in english) much, but Unfinished gets me every time. Rose of Pain is incredibly different from what they got known as, very powerful and really leaning towards the gothic...I also enjoy the more desperate emotions they had earlier in their performances, and RoP blends that earlier feel with some very solid orchestration. Kurenai rocks in all forms...even in english, even the dance mix, even the Blue Blood symphonic deal, even the Trance version - but especially live or in Eternal Melody - it is such a uniquely identifiable song that it works in any format. And I'm sure Rusty Nail is what eventually sent me in the direction of the eventual PLC frenzy. I adore the distortions in Dahlia and Wiggle gets points for most creative use of stock footage in a video alone. Joker and Miscast rock for the engrishy bits. And then just overall, Drain's probably my fav out of their loud stuff, Say Anything from the soft.

Hehe, shouldn't have brought this up. (Now just don't start a MM or Deg thread, because you would get five page dissertations on each.) ^_-