PDA

View Full Version : Aeris Question

xpinkstarsx
03-01-2003, 09:44 PM
Hey! For my next costume I plan on being Aeris, and I was just wondering if anyone has any tips for making her battle staff? Thanks!!

Selphie_fairy
03-02-2003, 10:16 AM
hehe i had the same problem last monmth hehe^^; if you want to you can chaeck out the forum i made^^
this comment was by a member named mizuho:

Oh man! I'd love to help! ^__^ (MAN! I can barely type! My hands are freezing!) It's actually really easy to make an Aerith staff!

I made my Guard Stick out of PVC pipes-- two sizes, respectively: some pieces of 1/2" tube and some pieces of 3/4" tube. You just saw them into the right sizes, plug 'em together, and use PVC cement to secure them. PVC cement is ESSENTIAL!! It bonds like none other. (Also, if you are going to ship your staff-- or any large prop-- as luggage, make sure you mark "theatrical prop" on the box to debunk any suspcions about what the heck it might be.)

well i hope that healps and what con r u going to?i could probably meet you cause im going as aerith also^^

xpinkstarsx
03-02-2003, 12:38 PM
Ah, thanks a bunch! *hugs* It should be fairly easy, something like that just looks intimidating to begin! LOL.

Selphie_fairy
03-02-2003, 12:39 PM
lol^^ hehe what cons r u going to?i might be able to meet u ^^

Mizuho
03-02-2003, 06:20 PM
Hey, PinkStars. ^_^ I was going to jump in to help, but Selphie
Fairy already did. =P

If you have any other questions about an Aeris costume, though, feel free to drop me a PM. I'm not really an expert, but I'll be glad to help. :thumbsup:

Selphie_fairy
03-02-2003, 06:32 PM
hehe u helped me mizuho so i shared the knowledge with her lolz^^

xpinkstarsx
03-02-2003, 09:26 PM
selphie, I'm goin to Sugoicon this year, which is gonna be in Covington, KY. I'd like to go to some other cons too, but Sugoicon is the only definite deal so far!

Mizuho, thanks a bunch! I really appreciate it, I'm sure I'll have more problems the more I get into making the costume, LOL.

Selphie_fairy
03-05-2003, 05:31 AM
ooo kool^^meesa going to shoujocon and Big Apple Anime Fest^^

xpinkstarsx
03-08-2003, 09:34 PM
Ah, I don't think I'll be hitting those, I wish I was, though! Hehehe. Have fun!

Selphie_fairy
03-09-2003, 08:31 AM
thankies^^r u going to otakon? r better yet what cons r u planning to go to^^?