PDA

View Full Version : How big is Nan Desu Kan?

ShadowSquall
06-03-2006, 04:33 PM
I was just wondering...how many ppl attended NDK in 05?

Tenkage-chan
06-03-2006, 05:34 PM
Hmm... I'm not exactly sure. But then, I suck at math. I know it's a decent-sized convention, but nothing like AX. It's usually pretty packed for it's three-day run. On some levels, it feels a lot more like a small-town con than a city con... I'm not really helping, am I? Yaarrr!! Hang on, I'll fish around the old site and check things out. Unless somebody else would like to give me a hand, here?

DarkWolfNite
06-03-2006, 08:33 PM
I'm not exactly sure, since I wasn't there last year. However, my friend Cait_Sith was. You might be able to PM her. She may have an answer.

narutomoto
06-03-2006, 08:56 PM
Well, to tell you the truth, NDK is not a really, really big convention like Otakon or AX like how Tenkage said. However, the amount of people are actually a good number. Let's say you are in the hallway of the hotel on the Satuday of the convention. I would say about every 3-4 feet of you, there will be a group or individual standing right there. So it's not shoulder to shoulder crowded, but is more than a decent sized convention.

So hopefully that helped. Surely, there will even be more people attending this year's Con just because of the spread of word. So, expect a larger amount this year. Hope that helped.

Lady Neese
06-04-2006, 03:54 AM
I believe the number was somewhere around 3,500 with over 1,100 (not sure the exact number but it was over 1,100) pre-registered.

Katie

Kakashi101
06-04-2006, 10:12 PM
All I can say is to pre-reg as soon as you can! I don't think anything comes close to AX but NDK is big enough that it's not akward around the whole place. I sometimes didn't even see the same person twice! The dealers room is a great size too! Tons of stuff, lots of tables. People stand elbow to eblow wh nlooking at stuff too.
I heard that last year they ran out of rooms...sooo...NDK rocks!

XLucky_SevenX
06-26-2006, 04:46 AM
NDK is deffinatly... a lot more cozy. And, as an old-timer, I noticed it keeps getting bigger. It's full... without being too crowded.. o_O If that makes any sense at all.

Tenkage-chan
06-26-2006, 07:38 AM
No, that sounds about right. It just has such... a great feel to it, y'know? Like you're immidiately among friends. I love it!

Ditto
06-26-2006, 02:12 PM
well I went, there's one :p

!!Soda Pop!!
06-30-2006, 03:55 AM
its kind of big but not as big as teh other Cons. like The yoi con and stuff