PDA

View Full Version : Dead or Alive (DOA) : Dragon-Con 2006

Eurobeat King
06-05-2006, 04:58 PM
Hey everyone,

Some friends of mine plan to wear their Dead or Alive (DOA) costumes to Dragon-Con this year, and I plan to join them by wearing my Jann Lee costume to go with them. This will be my first time cosplaying him at DC, so I wonder what kind of reception I'll get in terms of recognition. But as long as I'm cosplaying alongside Lafiel as Kasumi and/or Tasukichan as Helena, I should be okay. ;)

Anyone else planning on wearing a DOA (or DOAX) costume? Please reply with the character you'd like to cosplay, and costume # (or color) if you can. Repeat characters are welcome. (usually there's more than 1 Kasumi or Ayane) :skidude2:

DOA : Dead or Alive gathering Friday, 6:00pm, Hyatt Lobby
Dead or Alive Cosplayer List : DragonCon 2006

DOA Guys
Eurobeat King : Jann Lee
FluffyMaru's husband : Brad Wong
FluffyMaru's friend : Eliott
Yuushi : Bayman
arashialexander : Hayabusa
Danners : Bayman
Bevandera : Bayman

DOA Girls

Lafiel: Kasumi (tentative)
mocha : Hitomi
AshleyV : Tina
FluffyMaru : Helena
Arlette : Ayane
BloodRegime : Kasumi
SelphieLu : Tina
Sari : Kasumi
minako chan : Ayane
Tasukichan : Kasumi

Lafiel
06-05-2006, 05:20 PM
I can't wait!!
I would probably prefer to do this in the afternoon.. as in the evening I will switch to another costume most likely.. We can play it by ear. We should have enough girl as Ayane too :)

Eurobeat King
06-05-2006, 05:27 PM
I can't wait!!
I would probably prefer to do this in the afternoon.. as in the evening I will switch to another costume most likely.. We can play it by ear. We should have enough girl as Ayane too :)

Yay! :) Whatever time you're comfy with is okay with me. Hopefully there'll be more people who'll have arrived by that time and be in costume. 4:00pm sound okay? Would there be another day that you could wear Kasumi?

mocha
06-05-2006, 05:45 PM
Hey, sounds like fun! I'm planning on a Hitomi cosplay for D*C this year and I have a few friends that are also working on DoA costumes as well. ^_^

Toastersix
06-05-2006, 05:52 PM
Yep, I'll be there as Helena. ^^

EDIT: If absolutely no Ayanes sign on, I suppose I could bring Ayane instead. Though it is preferable to wear Helena.

Eurobeat King
06-05-2006, 05:53 PM
Hey, sounds like fun! I'm planning on a Hitomi cosplay for D*C this year and I have a few friends that are also working on DoA costumes as well. ^_^

Awesome! I added you to the list for now. If your friends could reply (if they're cosplay.com members) and tell which characters (and costumes) they're cosplaying, I'll add them to the list. :)

Yep, I'll be there as Helena. ^^

EDIT: If absolutely no Ayanes sign on, I suppose I could bring Ayane instead. Though it is preferable to wear Helena.

Yay! I'll see your Helena in a Trifecta of cons: AX, Otakon, and D-con!

EDIT: Lafiel mentioned that Arlette might wear Ayane for the gathering, but I'm waiting to have her reply first before adding her to the list.

AshleyV
06-06-2006, 11:05 AM
I have been planning on making a Tina Armstrong costume, if she isn't already taken I could bump that up on my list since all of my other DragonCon costumes are finished.

Eurobeat King
06-06-2006, 11:18 AM
I have been planning on making a Tina Armstrong costume, if she isn't already taken I could bump that up on my list since all of my other DragonCon costumes are finished.

Yay for the strongest girl in DOA! :) I've added you to the list, and you're the first Tina. (repeat characters are welcome.) Which Tina costume (from which game) would you wear?

AshleyV
06-06-2006, 07:27 PM
I actually have two of Tina's outfits in planning from DOA Ultimate. The first one (which I have plently of black fabric to make) is the black dress with the brown jacket. The other outfit I have planning is the red bikini top with the shorts or the USA boxing outfit as I call it. As to which one of those I will wear, it would all be depending on the weather; however, I will most likely be wearing the USA boxing outfit.

Fluffymaru
06-06-2006, 08:08 PM
Yo

We might come on as Hayate, Brad, and Elliot. We have other priority costumes first, but if we get them done and we're really feeling this, we'll jump onboard (we were already tossing them around anyway).

WooT

Eurobeat King
06-06-2006, 09:43 PM
I actually have two of Tina's outfits in planning from DOA Ultimate. The first one (which I have plently of black fabric to make) is the black dress with the brown jacket. The other outfit I have planning is the red bikini top with the shorts or the USA boxing outfit as I call it. As to which one of those I will wear, it would all be depending on the weather; however, I will most likely be wearing the USA boxing outfit.

Thanks! hopefully you'll wear both during the weekend (one for the gathering, one for walking around) so I can get pictures of both. :) Please keep me posted as the con draws nearer on which costume you decide to wear for the gathering.

We might come on as Hayate, Brad, and Elliot. We have other priority costumes first, but if we get them done and we're really feeling this, we'll jump onboard (we were already tossing them around anyway).

Yay for more DOA guys! or err.. girls dressing as DOA guys! ;) I've added your names to the list. Are your other 2 friends members of cosplay.com? I can seperate the names if they are on the list. Do you know which costumes for the guys you'd be wearing?

Fluffymaru
06-07-2006, 12:47 AM
Yay for more DOA guys! or err.. girls dressing as DOA guys! ;) I've added your names to the list. Are your other 2 friends members of cosplay.com? I can seperate the names if they are on the list. Do you know which costumes for the guys you'd be wearing?

Haha! Well, one is actually a guy *GASP*...my husband, Casey. He isn't on cosplay.com, just cosplaylab- as...Casey (no imagination). The other is my friend Ashley, who doesn't have a cosplay persona, even though she's done around ten costumes now. I'll have to mention that to her...

As for the versions...good question, actually. Hayate would be me, since he's more femmy than Hayabusa and hides his muscles better (because I <3 Hayabusa TONS more, but can't pull off those muscles). I'd either do the DOA 4 all white outfit or the very geigh purple one.

Brad would be Casey, and it would be the DOA 4 white one.

Ashley would be doing Elliot's costume from his ending...blue and white.

Eurobeat King
06-07-2006, 12:00 PM
Haha! Well, one is actually a guy *GASP*...my husband, Casey. He isn't on cosplay.com, just cosplaylab- as...Casey (no imagination). The other is my friend Ashley, who doesn't have a cosplay persona, even though she's done around ten costumes now. I'll have to mention that to her...

As for the versions...good question, actually. Hayate would be me, since he's more femmy than Hayabusa and hides his muscles better (because I <3 Hayabusa TONS more, but can't pull off those muscles). I'd either do the DOA 4 all white outfit or the very geigh purple one.

Brad would be Casey, and it would be the DOA 4 white one.

Ashley would be doing Elliot's costume from his ending...blue and white.

thanks for clarifying that. ;) That's kewl that I won't be the only guy cosplaying DOA, and I've only seen one Brad Wong and one Eliott in-person so far. I've seperated your names to make the list more neat-looking. Good luck working on the costumes!

EVERYONE: Sooo, does Friday, September 1st, at 6:00pm sound good for everyone who can make it? I know Lafiel has another costume to wear in the evening, but does 6 sound OK?

Arlette
06-07-2006, 02:41 PM
Put me down for Ayane! Lafiel and I were doing Kasumi and Ayane anyway, so it's cool that there will be others! ^_^ I'll be in her DOA2 default purple outfit.

Eurobeat King
06-07-2006, 03:05 PM
Put me down for Ayane! Lafiel and I were doing Kasumi and Ayane anyway, so it's cool that there will be others! ^_^ I'll be in her DOA2 default purple outfit.

Very cool! I get to actually cosplay WITH you for pictures after all the times I just take pics of you in costume, C. ;) I've added you to the list. haha you should get your hubbie Serge to cosplay DOA with you. He'd make a cool Ein/Hayate or maybe even Bayman!

Lafiel
06-07-2006, 03:08 PM
Wow I'm surprise how many people we have so far!
We should get together and practice our group poses so we look Hella awesome!

Arlette
06-07-2006, 04:05 PM
Very cool! I get to actually cosplay WITH you for pictures after all the times I just take pics of you in costume, C. ;) I've added you to the list. haha you should get your hubbie Serge to cosplay DOA with you. He'd make a cool Ein/Hayate or maybe even Bayman!

Funny you should say that, because he was joking about wanting to be Hayate so Lafiel and I would fight over him. XD I told him to dream on! But his white version costume (I'm thinking DOA3) isn't too hard, so we'll see if I feel like making it for him. ^_~ I have so much other stuff planned that probably won't get done as it is...but I like to keep my word on cosplaying in groups with people.

Eurobeat King
06-07-2006, 04:22 PM
Wow I'm surprise how many people we have so far!
We should get together and practice our group poses so we look Hella awesome!

haha it's not hard to pose once we get together in a group. We'd do: standing poses, fighting poses, back poses (if you have any logo's on the back of your costume), and we could try "taunt" poses. (It'd be kind of hard for your Kasumi unless you have a punch of loose flower petals with you) :D

But yesh, we will look awesome in our group! :rockon:

Funny you should say that, because he was joking about wanting to be Hayate so Lafiel and I would fight over him. XD I told him to dream on! But his white version costume (I'm thinking DOA3) isn't too hard, so we'll see if I feel like making it for him. ^_~ I have so much other stuff planned that probably won't get done as it is...but I like to keep my word on cosplaying in groups with people.

But Kasumi likes Hayabusa more than Ein/Hayate.. cos they're brother & sister! haha (We don't need a Luke & Leia complex haha) Do your best to get him a costume for our group, and I know your word is gold, C. :sunny:

Arlette
06-07-2006, 04:46 PM
But Kasumi likes Hayabusa more than Ein/Hayate.. cos they're brother & sister! haha (We don't need a Luke & Leia complex haha) Do your best to get him a costume for our group, and I know your word is gold, C. :sunny:

True, and believe me, I think Hayabusa is hot like whoa! But like that girl said a few posts back...MUSCLES! ;___;

::EDIT:: I talked to the hubby, so you can officially put Orochi_Serge down as Hayate!

Eurobeat King
06-07-2006, 06:11 PM
I talked to the hubby, so you can officially put Orochi_Serge down as Hayate!

True, and believe me, I think Hayabusa is hot like whoa! But like that girl said a few posts back...MUSCLES! ;___;

Great! I've added your Hayate-hubbie to the list! ;) Pshhh.. when you cosplay, it doesn't matter if you have the right body proportions (be it boobs for girls or muscles for guys) to cosplay your favorite character, as long as you have fun doing it! I'm pretty thin for Jann Lee but I still cosplay him cos I enjoy it! Gamers diss me for cosplaying him, but they're just jealous cos I get to pose with my friends who cosplay the DOA ladies! :devil: (You and Lafiel are such examples) It's all about having fun when you cosplay!

AshleyV
06-07-2006, 10:05 PM
Friday night at 6 will work perfectly. I signed up to work at the Rebel Legion Table from 2-4 so that will give me plenty of time to change. Since I will have plently of time I'll wear the Black and brown outfit (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v509/astranyx/doau-on-safari-20041008114639893.jpg) from DOA Ultimate to the Gathering and then later on that evening switch to the USA Boxer Outfit (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v509/astranyx/dead-or-alive-ultimate-200410280621.jpg) (probably change around 8/9 pm).

I am definatly looking foward to the gathering. In fact I drew up and printed out the pattern for the black and brown outfit and will start working on it tomorrow.

Eurobeat King
06-07-2006, 11:03 PM
Friday night at 6 will work perfectly. I signed up to work at the Rebel Legion Table from 2-4 so that will give me plenty of time to change. Since I will have plently of time I'll wear the Black and brown outfit (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v509/astranyx/doau-on-safari-20041008114639893.jpg) from DOA Ultimate to the Gathering and then later on that evening switch to the USA Boxer Outfit (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v509/astranyx/dead-or-alive-ultimate-200410280621.jpg) (probably change around 8/9 pm).

I am definatly looking foward to the gathering. In fact I drew up and printed out the pattern for the black and brown outfit and will start working on it tomorrow.

Can't wait to see you in those costumes! I'll besure to get pictures of both Tina costumes that evening. I MIGHT also bring Jann Lee's alternate costume: his Bruce Lee yellow-tracksuit (debut at AX) so I could wear that one later, since my hair will still be spikey. :D But I'm not sure yet, since around 8/9pm that's when the Hyatt lobby gets filled with cosplayers, and I usually am busy taking lots of pictures of all the crazy stuff that night. ;) I shall keep you posted!

Arlette
06-08-2006, 04:16 PM
Friday at 6 sounds OK with me, I probably won't change until later into the evening. I do have a bad habit of forgetting everything in the universe, though, so Al if you don't see us feel free to give me or Serge a call. I am so brain-dead sometimes, but I will try to be good!

Eurobeat King
06-14-2006, 09:11 PM
Friday at 6 sounds OK with me, I probably won't change until later into the evening. I do have a bad habit of forgetting everything in the universe, though, so Al if you don't see us feel free to give me or Serge a call. I am so brain-dead sometimes, but I will try to be good!

Will do, C. ;) Hopefully if you're in your Ayane before the gathering, we'll do a solo photoshoot (and pair) incase it gets busy when we get everyone together for the big group shot.

EDIT: Bought my airline tickets for Dragon-con today! :D So i'm 100% going fersure! Now I can't wait for our DOA gathering to take place that weekend. :)

I should talk to my friend Sid of Nightmare Armor (they do the really awesome Halo, Jin-Roh, and Final Fantasy: Spirits Within costumes) and see if they can spare one (or more) Master Chief/Spartan costumes and join in on our DOA gathering as Nicole (Spartan-458) since she is a playable character! ;)

BloodRegime
06-22-2006, 08:17 PM
hey ill be there as kasumi. to be quite honest, i didnt read all of the above b/c right now im sort on time so if anyone else is doing her, thats awsome. i just finished her costume last night and i found this forum today! how cool. well, if anyone is going to the bbq this weekend, ill see you there!

Eurobeat King
06-23-2006, 03:26 PM
hey ill be there as kasumi. to be quite honest, i didnt read all of the above b/c right now im sort on time so if anyone else is doing her, thats awsome. i just finished her costume last night and i found this forum today! how cool. well, if anyone is going to the bbq this weekend, ill see you there!

Yay for another Kasumi! I'll add you to the list. Can you say which costume you'll be doing or show any pictures of your finished costume? Welcome to the gathering!

BloodRegime
06-23-2006, 10:04 PM
i cant promise that ill do her or not. i have 5 costumes that im going to be wearing already and she would make 6. her costume is the blue and white version except i used satin instead of plan material. ill get some pics this week, ok! hope i can make it!

Eurobeat King
06-24-2006, 12:41 AM
i cant promise that ill do her or not. i have 5 costumes that im going to be wearing already and she would make 6. her costume is the blue and white version except i used satin instead of plan material. ill get some pics this week, ok! hope i can make it!

Please do your best to make it for the gathering. :) And if not, then at least BRING the costume and wear it during the weekend so I may take solo pictures. You do have 4 whole days for Dragoncon. ;)

BloodRegime
06-24-2006, 10:09 AM
ok sounds good :) ill have to keep in contact with you so that we can plan something.

Eurobeat King
07-15-2006, 02:14 PM
So does Friday, 6:00pm, at the Hyatt Lobby sound OK with everyone? I'll put the gathering info in the first thread but can update it if need be. :)

I'm thinking should we just stay in the Hyatt Lobby and pose there? Or should we also wander over to the Marriott and pose for pictures in that lobby also? I know that the Hyatt lobby will start to get busy with the evening rush.. it's just a matter of when. :thumbsup:

SelphieLu
07-15-2006, 03:32 PM
Friday at 6pm sounds awesome!

I'll be there as Tina as well from DOA4. I want to say it's Costume #4 but its the one with the white skirt and red laceup vest.

Ooh, I can't wait!

Eurobeat King
07-15-2006, 10:59 PM
Friday at 6pm sounds awesome!

I'll be there as Tina as well from DOA4. I want to say it's Costume #4 but its the one with the white skirt and red laceup vest.

Ooh, I can't wait!

Yay for another Tina! :) I've added you to the list! Welcome!

Masami
07-30-2006, 09:11 PM
I should talk to my friend Sid of Nightmare Armor (they do the really awesome Halo, Jin-Roh, and Final Fantasy: Spirits Within costumes) and see if they can spare one (or more) Master Chief/Spartan costumes and join in on our DOA gathering as Nicole (Spartan-458) since she is a playable character! ;)

They'll be at D*C this year in a new armor suit Al! It's an original design of Sid's and so far it looks pretty cool from the parts I've seen! Also, there will be two girls in the group this year as well, so that would be super hot! =) I might try and talk some of the girls into DoA but it is so doubtful =( Either way we might stop by and say Hi!

Fluffymaru
08-02-2006, 10:19 PM
Just a quick update- it looks like we'll definitely be doing the costumes. Material has been purchased, so yeah.

Also, I'm probably switching to Helena, since Hayate is being a bitch, and I kind of feel like being a chick for once.

One month to go! Can't wait to see everyone...

Anyone going to have a DoA party in their rooms afterwards? It would be cool if we could kick-ass AS the characters. Or maybe the gaming room? Wait...does D*C even HAVE a video gaming room? I don't think I've ever checked...

Lafiel
08-11-2006, 11:48 AM
There might be a slim chance I won't be able to come.
Reason.. I think I lost my Kasumi Costume. Grr... :(
Please forgive me Cristi!!!!!
I really want to cosplay with you!!

Eurobeat King
08-11-2006, 12:15 PM

awwww.. i do hope you find it in time, R. :blubber: That's disappointing if you can't make it.. maybe you can make something simple in-time for it (like Kasumi's P.E. outfit, or maybe DOAX) There's still time, so maybe you might find your costume or make an easy outfit of hers to do. Please keep us posted! *hug*

Arlette
08-13-2006, 08:04 PM

I was thinking, don't you also have other versions of the costume? Maybe you could wear one of those if you can't find your new one. ^_^ I really wanna cosplay with you, too (and Al!) so I hope you can make it!

Eurobeat King
08-13-2006, 09:06 PM
I was thinking, don't you also have other versions of the costume? Maybe you could wear one of those if you can't find your new one. ^_^ I really wanna cosplay with you, too (and Al!) so I hope you can make it!

You mentioned that Sara & Becky (Sari and minakochan) are attending DragonCon also. Hopefully they can join our gathering as Kasumi & Ayane, whom we last cosplayed together with at Katsucon back in February. :) Shall I add them to the list if they want to think of which costume to wear?

Lafiel: I didn't know you HAD other versions of Kasumi.. :confused: I guess I'm used to just seeing you as the blue c1 costume.. haha

Arlette
08-14-2006, 12:25 PM
You mentioned that Sara & Becky (Sari and minakochan) are attending DragonCon also. Hopefully they can join our gathering as Kasumi & Ayane, whom we last cosplayed together with at Katsucon back in February. :) Shall I add them to the list if they want to think of which costume to wear?

Lafiel: I didn't know you HAD other versions of Kasumi.. :confused: I guess I'm used to just seeing you as the blue c1 costume.. haha

She has like a blue version 1.0. ;P I think she's upset because she can't find her updated blue 2.0 one. But 1.0 is good, too!!

Um...you can probably put Sara & Becky down as Kasumi and Ayane, respectively. I think we briefly mentioned bringing DOA costumes, but it shouldn't take much convincing to get them to bring one, anyway. I'll try to remind them.

Lafiel
08-14-2006, 01:41 PM
I sold my first version of the costume.
*grumbles* This Costume is like the Bane of my existance.. 3 version.. and then I lose the last one.. damn! :(

I feel stuuuuuupid :(

Eurobeat King
08-16-2006, 01:39 PM
EVERYONE: How's everyone's DOA costume(s) coming along for the gathering? Just doing a status check with 2 weeks to go before the con, and hopefully our gathering will still be kick-@$$ despite losing Tasukichan (who won't be there until Sunday) and Lafiel is currently tentative with her costume. I still have faith that our group will be good!

Um...you can probably put Sara & Becky down as Kasumi and Ayane, respectively. I think we briefly mentioned bringing DOA costumes, but it shouldn't take much convincing to get them to bring one, anyway. I'll try to remind them.

Thanks for telling them about it, C. Sara's c4 Kasumi looked really nice at Otakon, so it'll be great to take more pictures of her and Becky's Ayane! I'll add them on the list for now. ;) Please keep me posted about their status.

Also, I'm probably switching to Helena, since Hayate is being a bitch, and I kind of feel like being a chick for once.

Anyone going to have a DoA party in their rooms afterwards? It would be cool if we could kick-ass AS the characters. Or maybe the gaming room? Wait...does D*C even HAVE a video gaming room? I don't think I've ever checked...

Oh, nice switch! Another DOA girl! which costume for Helena will you be doing so I may update your character?

Haha I don't think D-con has a video-game room. :razz: They have games, but they're all the board-type. As for the post-gathering DOA party, I'm going to be busy taking pictures of all the other cosplayers in the lobby, so I'll only have time to take pictures of our gathering, which will be group shots, and then DOA guys and then DOA girls. Please remind me to take some solo pictures of everyone, either before or after the gathering. :)

They'll be at D*C this year in a new armor suit Al! It's an original design of Sid's and so far it looks pretty cool from the parts I've seen! Also, there will be two girls in the group this year as well, so that would be super hot! =) I might try and talk some of the girls into DoA but it is so doubtful =( Either way we might stop by and say Hi!

Oooo.. very cool! I'll besure to keep an eye out for them this year and take lots of nice pictures! If you girls can't do DOA to join us, no worries. But please stop by to say hi, since you rarely get to see me cosplay at a con, and this will be the one & only costume I wear at D-con! haha

Arlette
08-16-2006, 04:53 PM
EVERYONE: How's everyone's DOA costume(s) coming along for the gathering?

Uh...we bought pants for Serge's Hayate costume to take some of the pressure off me having to make everything. I was kinda thinking about maybe starting Ayane soon. Yeah. XD

And Sara's newest Kasumi costume is the best yet, I think. I love the black and gold. I will harrass her to bring it. I always personally loved the white/red/pink 2nd player costume, but I think the black/gold version wins out now. Kasumi is my girl but I always get stuck not making her because all my friends already make perfect Kasumis. XD

Ragresen
08-16-2006, 06:47 PM
Definatly no Video game room. There is a Lan Gaming room there, a RPG room and a card/mini gaming room, but not sure I have ever seen a Video Gameing Room in all my years attending Con. I know to have seen such a room at AX took me by supprise as To me it was unheard of. Best of luck on the gathering I may wish to be present to take pictures if Al has no objections. I know my Costumeing for DC is going to be small this year.

AshleyV
08-16-2006, 06:57 PM
My Tina outfit has been finished for a few weeks now. I decided not to go with a completly blonde wig mainly because I cannot pull off a true blonde.

Eurobeat King
08-17-2006, 01:35 AM
My Tina outfit has been finished for a few weeks now. I decided not to go with a completly blonde wig mainly because I cannot pull off a true blonde.

awesome! I think as long as you have Tina's costume you'll be fine! :)

Best of luck on the gathering I may wish to be present to take pictures if Al has no objections.

Of course! You're like, my DragonCon Tour Guide back in 2004! ;) Please stop by to take as many pictures as you like of our gathering!

Uh...we bought pants for Serge's Hayate costume to take some of the pressure off me having to make everything. I was kinda thinking about maybe starting Ayane soon. Yeah. XD

And Sara's newest Kasumi costume is the best yet, I think. I love the black and gold. I will harrass her to bring it.

Yeah.. please start Ayane soon, C. :thumbsup: You have time, but yeah.. haha And again, thanks for harrassing Sara to bring her c4 Kasumi. :) Is Becky going to wear her camo. top & skirt Ayane or does she have another? Maybe Sara can let her borrow her black-dress (c8) Ayane for the gathering.

Ragresen
08-17-2006, 09:30 AM
Of course! You're like, my DragonCon Tour Guide back in 2004! ;) Please stop by to take as many pictures as you like of our gathering!

As I recall I told you of a few events and such to be at and kept an eye out for you while I was too busy to do more than move every 5 feet to talk with the too many folks I know there. But Thanks for the compliment it means a lot from one I respcect so much. I pretty sure I will be free for picture taking on Friday at 6 pm. I look forward to seeing such a neat gathering.

minako chan
08-20-2006, 05:34 PM
I'm going camo baby^.~

Eurobeat King
08-21-2006, 08:14 PM
I'm going camo baby^.~

Remind me to get pics of you & Sara doing some Kasumi vs. Ayane pics, B. Forgot to get those at Katsucon.. ;)

Arlette
08-24-2006, 03:36 PM
Turns out that Serge won't be joining us as Hayate after all. I don't have enough time to make it and everything else I need to do, and he hasn't gotten a wig yet. :-/ Sorry! Hopefully I can make it for him for Nekocon or something instead.

I'll still be there as Ayane, though! And Dustin said he's bringing his Bayman stuff.

Eurobeat King
08-24-2006, 03:52 PM
Turns out that Serge won't be joining us as Hayate after all. I don't have enough time to make it and everything else I need to do, and he hasn't gotten a wig yet. :-/ Sorry! Hopefully I can make it for him for Nekocon or something instead.

I'll still be there as Ayane, though! And Dustin said he's bringing his Bayman stuff.

Ahhh, that's too bad about Serge not making it as Hayate.. :lost: At least he'll be there to keep an eye on our group (mainly the girls) from any problems.

Glad you're still wearing your Ayane, C. :) I'll add Dustin to the list as Bayman.. does he have a cosplay.com name?

Arlette
08-24-2006, 05:10 PM
Ahhh, that's too bad about Serge not making it as Hayate.. :lost: At least he'll be there to keep an eye on our group (mainly the girls) from any problems.

Glad you're still wearing your Ayane, C. :) I'll add Dustin to the list as Bayman.. does he have a cosplay.com name?

Yeah, it's Yuushi! I told him about the group and this thread and everything.

Eurobeat King
08-24-2006, 09:19 PM
Yeah, it's Yuushi! I told him about the group and this thread and everything.

Thanks! I've added his name and character to the list.

One week to go! Good luck to everyone who's still working on or finishing up costumes, DOA or other! ;)

arashialexander
08-26-2006, 12:27 PM
hey look a doa gathering! hmm... i've been working on Ryu Hayabusa from a previuos con but i was'nt able to cosplay him, i guess it time pull him out of the closet and get him ready for d-con.

Eurobeat King
08-26-2006, 01:06 PM
hey look a doa gathering! hmm... i've been working on Ryu Hayabusa from a previuos con but i was'nt able to cosplay him, i guess it time pull him out of the closet and get him ready for d-con.

Cool that we have another DOA guy, AND it's a Hayabusa! :skidude2: I'll add you to the list! See you at the gathering!

Danners
08-28-2006, 09:48 AM
Lafiel told me about the DoA gathering at D*C this year about a month ago and I NEVER turn down a chance to cosplay with her. I've been working on a Bayman costume since then and I finally got all the pieces for the outfit. It's Bayman's costume for DoA3 (Black vest, grey camo pants) as I didn't have time to make the more standard coloured orange vest from DoA4.

Sooo, while Lafiel as Kasumi may be in doubt, you got me! Ok who am I kidding...Lafiel as Kasumi will ALWAYS be better than me as Bayman :P

SelphieLu
08-28-2006, 09:58 AM
Eee! Dragoncon is in a few days I cannot wait! Tina needs some tweaking but she is about 95% done! :D

Bevandera
08-28-2006, 12:55 PM
I should be there as Orange-Vested Bayman, if my Beret hurries the heck up and gets here before Thursday.

Eurobeat King
08-28-2006, 01:24 PM
Lafiel told me about the DoA gathering at D*C this year about a month ago and I NEVER turn down a chance to cosplay with her. I've been working on a Bayman costume since then and I finally got all the pieces for the outfit. It's Bayman's costume for DoA3 (Black vest, grey camo pants) as I didn't have time to make the more standard coloured orange vest from DoA4.

Sooo, while Lafiel as Kasumi may be in doubt, you got me! Ok who am I kidding...Lafiel as Kasumi will ALWAYS be better than me as Bayman :P

I haven't chatted with Lafiel recently to see if she managed to get a simple Kasumi costume done (like her P.E. uniform) but hopefully she will. :) I'll add you as Bayman to the list, so welcome to the gathering!

Eee! Dragoncon is in a few days I cannot wait! Tina needs some tweaking but she is about 95% done!

Good luck finishing up your Tina! Practice any wrestling moves to do (for poses) on a DOA guy or girl? ;)

I should be there as Orange-Vested Bayman, if my Beret hurries the heck up and gets here before Thursday.

Cool for another Bayman! Wow.. that's.. 3! :eek: haha Usually we have multiple-Kasumi clones, but Bayman-clones will be a first. :bigtu: Hope you get your beret in time.

Toastersix
08-28-2006, 05:41 PM
Despite better judgement, I'll indeed be at the DOA gathering for about 30 minutes before bolting down to Orlando. I'll be in a Kasumi costume, but I'm not telling which. It'll be a surprise. ~.^

EDIT: RAG!! I haven't seen you in like.. nearly a year!~ I hope you do come to the gathering so I can say hi! :D

Eurobeat King
08-28-2006, 06:26 PM
Despite better judgement, I'll indeed be at the DOA gathering for about 30 minutes before bolting down to Orlando. I'll be in a Kasumi costume, but I'm not telling which. It'll be a surprise. ~.^

Yayyy! And here I thought we wouldn't get to cosplay DOA together again this year.. *sniff* ;) I'll add you to the list, and makesure we start on-time for the gathering. If need be, find me before the gathering so we can take some photos. :) Glad you can make it!

Ragresen
08-29-2006, 09:44 AM
Now I am going to ask the stupid question instead of digging back through this long as heck thread. What day and Time?????

Also Al I will shoot the entire session so you can enjoy cosplay for once if ya wish.

Tasukichan: Yes last time we saw each other was AWA last year when you had meatball head trying to kill the Psycho Chicken with a Boken.

Eurobeat King
08-29-2006, 01:47 PM
Now I am going to ask the stupid question instead of digging back through this long as heck thread. What day and Time?????

As mentioned in the first post of this thread:

DOA : Dead or Alive gathering Friday, 6:00pm, Hyatt Lobby
Dead or Alive Cosplayer List : DragonCon 2006

DOA Guys

Eurobeat King : Jann Lee
FluffyMaru's husband : Brad Wong
FluffyMaru's friend : Eliott
Yuushi : Bayman
arashialexander : Hayabusa
Danners : Bayman
Bevandera : Bayman

DOA Girls

Lafiel: Kasumi (tentative)
mocha : Hitomi
AshleyV : Tina
FluffyMaru : Helena
Arlette : Ayane
BloodRegime : Kasumi
SelphieLu : Tina
Sari : Kasumi
minako chan : Ayane
Tasukichan : Kasumi

Danners
09-04-2006, 09:09 PM
Just wanted to say that the shoot was a whole lot of fun! Was great meeting all of you and hopefully I'll see you again at cons in the future!

EDIT: My gallery of shots from the shoot
http://dvq.netfirms.com/adventures/nfpicturepro/thumbnails.php?album=19

Arlette
09-05-2006, 12:32 PM
I had a lot of fun at the DOA shoot! ^_^ *waves to everyone* Everyone's costumes were great, and I'm sorry I didn't get to officially meet everyone that was there. ;___;

I was the default DOA2 purple Ayane. ^_^

Bevandera
09-05-2006, 01:53 PM
Lots of fun meeting you all, glad I could make it (I was orange-vest Bayman)..like I was telling Danners, we would just need a Scubagear Bayman to have a full set.

AshleyV
09-05-2006, 02:04 PM
I must say that I had a wonderful time at the DOA gathering! I loved everyone's outfits and it was great meeting many of you. I am sorry that I had to run off after a while but I had to take care of some roommates that were arriving.

I was the Tina in the black dress and brown jacket.

Eurobeat King
09-05-2006, 02:16 PM
Thanks to everyone who made it for the gathering and it was quite an impressive one considering it was the first time to have a Dead or Alive gathering at DragonCon! :skidude2:

There was supposedly another group of DOA cosplayers on Saturday, but I didn't see them save for a blue c1 Kasumi (she's friends with LostInTheField) Did anyone get any pictures of their group? I'm curious to see their costumes!

Pictures from the gathering will be up soon, either later tonight or tomorrow, so I hope you like the ones I took. Thanks to Ragresen for taking the group pics for me since I was busy posing with everyone else. ;)

Sari
09-05-2006, 06:47 PM
It was nice seeing all you guys! I'm always up for a DOA shoot! Thanks to Al for organizing it and everyone who took pics :D

(I was the lone Kasumi, ;D)

SelphieLu
09-05-2006, 08:48 PM
I had so much fun! Glad everyone could make it out. Everyone's costumes were great! We need to get together again, you all were so nice! :D

I was the other Tina. ;D

arashialexander
09-05-2006, 10:44 PM
shout out to all the doa people at the gathering thanks for making may day that friday. i hope we all see each other soon....LATER.

i was ryu hayabusa

Eurobeat King
09-06-2006, 02:11 AM
shout out to all the doa people at the gathering thanks for making may day that friday. i hope we all see each other soon....LATER.

i was ryu hayabusa

Glad you made it in time for another group photo and some solo pictures! Good to see another DOA guy besides the trio of Bayman's we had.. haha

Ragresen
09-06-2006, 09:05 AM
Glad to see shots turn out as well as they did for ya al.

XSTeknique
09-10-2006, 10:41 PM
Hey arashialexander, what did you use for Hayabusa's headpiece? It looks pretty good. Also, are those cake frosting spreaders for kunai? Creative points!