PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Costume Project Procrastination

nachtinis
06-05-2006, 09:25 PM
I still have to:
Finish painting gloves for Boba Fett and do the spats.
Paint Sub-Zero's Leg Armor
Attach Sub-Zero's mask
Attach Shoulder Armor to Scorpion
Repair sub-zero armor
Create Umbrella corp soldier....

!*Jessi-Chan*!
06-05-2006, 10:39 PM
Yeah...I am certainly procrastinating...

Haseo (.hack//G.U.)
Finish the other belts! There's 50 and i've did 4...
buy the gloves (that's happening Friday)
do the collar
learn how to draw the symbols on my body with no help...
attempt to find a wig, but it's not neccessary for this con...i'll style one i have...

GreatSG
06-05-2006, 11:33 PM
Gotta repair Harlock some, and style the wig for Dr. Clive, maybe make a Pokute to go with it if I have time.

Malaki
06-06-2006, 06:12 AM
10 days people. =P

I stilll have to finish Pyramid Head's sword. =(

Solairis
06-06-2006, 08:26 AM
i still have to create a necklace, bracers from scratch.... fix my boots, and take in a dress - somewhere between working 52 hours this week and 30 hours the next. I also need to work s'more on my workshop presentation...

*choking sound*

x-x

Saxinthehall
06-06-2006, 11:22 AM
I just bought all the things I need for Suwabara Kai. Hopefully I don't wait until the last minute to dye everything I need. I'm sure there was something else I need to do for cosplaying but I'm not sure what it is. Perhaps fix my Sanji wig.

Gogglegirl
06-06-2006, 11:55 AM
I'm not actually procrastinating because i don't have that much to do really. But I'll be able to finish everything this weekend. I have to make a Prince of Tennis jacket for someone (my first commission!!) I'm giving it to him at the con. And I have to do some little things for My Sakura (Naurto) costume. I have to make a little pouch for it, and repair my ninja shoes since they fell apart at Katsucon. Its not that much to do really, so I guess I'm not procarasting.

AnimatedPoison
06-06-2006, 09:29 PM
TP Link is getting there. I just did a second round of wig styling, which will probably be the last, and a make-up test. I look fake :X lol

I still have to add the tabs to my boot covers, add the border details to the tunic, and the lacing to the tunic collar. If I have time, I'm going to do some extra lacing work before con time. Ten days is plenty of time! I hope... :D

Parasaurolophus
06-06-2006, 09:48 PM
I have all of these half-finished projects I should actually *do*
Sammie's Jacket
Hawkgirl's top
Most of Frankie

Since I seem to be doing a con every few months, I don't have deadlines to debut these finalized costumes, but I'd like to bring something that isn't Robin!!

Riji
06-06-2006, 10:46 PM
Have one costume where I have to handsew the hems and such and another one I need to entirely make. >.> I'm too much of an overachiever. XD

Tohma
06-06-2006, 11:07 PM
I'm almost done...and only two days off left to do it in ^^;; So no procrastinating past tomorrow!

Finish fixing Cloud shoulder piece
Fix Cloud wig
Finish fixing Ichigo coat
Make Ichigo sword
Find all the pieces to Itachi >_>

I think I have enough time to do all that ^^

xinababo
06-06-2006, 11:19 PM
I have to remake my Bible Black skirt = =;

DDR Faery Spice
06-06-2006, 11:33 PM
I don't know how much time staffing is going to involve for me, so I'm a little worried about what I'm going to have time for and what I won't. Chances are, I'll bring three costumes just in case, and only ever wear one. xD But as it stands now, this is what I have to do:
-Utena: finish coloring the wig I started at AZ, hem the dress, make a crinoline, find my socks, add a sash
-Seifer: replace the tape hemming my vest with actual hem tape, sew the zipper back on
-Marluxia: figure out how to style my hair so it looks reasonably close to his without having to cut/dye it, make my Organization XIII coat (13 costumes in one! o.o; ), make that funking scythe

The scythe is probably what's gonna kill me most, but Marluxia is the costume I'm looking forward to the most. Any suggestions on making a weapon of that caliber?

AnimatedPoison
06-07-2006, 11:03 AM
-Marluxia: figure out how to style my hair so it looks reasonably close to his without having to cut/dye it

Wig. ^_^ Depending on how drastically your own hair would have to be changed, you may actually be saving money with cutting and styling a wig instead of having a professional alter your actual hair. I had to look him up, and his style wouldn't really be that hard to do yourself with a wig. Looks like it's mostly layering.

I'm confused now about which Utena you're doing, but it sounds like the rosebride one? What sash? x_X

Valgaav_Xellos
06-07-2006, 02:35 PM
Yup.

Gotta get my legwarmers ready for SnJ Kakashi's latest version and need to get a hole fixed in my pants for Kiba, as well as do some last minute alterations to his top/jacket. x_X;

DDR Faery Spice
06-08-2006, 10:42 PM
Wig. ^_^ Depending on how drastically your own hair would have to be changed, you may actually be saving money with cutting and styling a wig instead of having a professional alter your actual hair. I had to look him up, and his style wouldn't really be that hard to do yourself with a wig. Looks like it's mostly layering.

I'm confused now about which Utena you're doing, but it sounds like the rosebride one? What sash? x_X

Well, my hair's pretty much that style minus the bangs, and a little more red than pink. But alas, looks like I'm not doing Marluxia after all, as I am now working overtime this weekend/next week, and don't have the time to make that scythe. I think I'd like to cry.
Oh, and the Utena I ended up making? Her mourning dress, from the flashbacks to her parents' funeral. It's a beautiful dress. Not very recognizable except to hardcore Utena fans, but I love it regardless. I'll eventually get around to finishing one of her other outifts...someday.
In any case. I have given in to the dark side of me, and decided to make a gigai-Rukia from Bleach. Because lo and behold, finally a character who HAS MY HAIR. >_> So there's that. Oh, and the dyeing of my hair, of course. But I'm an old hand at that.

AnimatedPoison
06-09-2006, 12:48 AM
Oh, and the Utena I ended up making? Her mourning dress, from the flashbacks to her parents' funeral. It's a beautiful dress. Not very recognizable except to hardcore Utena fans, but I love it regardless. I'll eventually get around to finishing one of her other outifts...someday.
In any case.

Ahh, child Utena :) I do like that dress. I've always joked about doing child Touga, with those godawful purple tights. :D

DDR Faery Spice
06-09-2006, 06:18 PM
Ahh, child Utena :) I do like that dress. I've always joked about doing child Touga, with those godawful purple tights. :D

I love those purple tights! xD That reminds me, my roommate and I were joking about Utena movie cosplay, and she suggested I do a butterfly-Shiori. You know. Fleshtone bodysuit and 8-foot-span sheer white wings. When I refused, she offered to dress up as a cabbage. >_>

Anywho. I found a decent pattern for hakama, and another for waraji, so if I can figure out how to properly layer the two layers of the shihakusho, I'll be doing that. And I'm still undecided as to Ruika or Nanao, though it's really all in the hair, isn't it? I dunno. I'll have something done before Thursday, that's for sure. xD

nicol-chan
06-09-2006, 08:20 PM
oh i know when i first started i was like dude i'll have this finished at least a week ahead of time and its already crunch time and i have to hem the skirt(for the like third time) and do the attacher thinguys and most importantly finish the damn fan! (going as temari) also for my friends gaara cosplay we have to fiddle with his wig and we haven't even started the gourd yet!! UWAHH!!!! T_T

Tohma
06-09-2006, 10:14 PM
I'm no longer a procrastinator! I finished everything I needed to do over my final two days off before the con ^_^ All I have left...is to find my Ichigo socks...which were washed and have probably ended up in someone elses drawer o_o'

!*Jessi-Chan*!
06-10-2006, 11:13 AM
planning to buy everything i need to finish my costume minus the gloves (probably buy them the day before i leave...no rush for anything i don't have to make) If i DON'T get everything, i will cry *:(*

dExtrosien
06-11-2006, 10:16 PM
We still need to make an Akamaru for our Kiba, get two pairs of ninja shoes put together, sew my bugs onto my Shino jacket(Thanks to blackcerenity.com for that) and gather up a few more things to be completely ready for our cosplay skit. Time goes by so fast, particularly when you end up getting sick a week or two before the convention. Good luck to everyone and I look forward to seeing everyone's costumes. I'm going to try to bring a proper camera this year and get a ton of pictures of my own this year.

bigwil
06-11-2006, 10:29 PM
I have up with my Kaku nose,and hankerchief...4 Kaku from One Piece

kaligoddess
06-12-2006, 01:23 PM
The vast majority of my Princess Sailormoon costume needs to be finished. *sigh* I may end up with just Kunzite.

Kaoshima
06-13-2006, 01:38 PM
*sigh* I've been working on the same costume for almost a year now...

Darkkyo
06-15-2006, 06:40 PM
We'll I'm right now trying to put together a outfit for Friday with a swollen foot (Accident). So if you believe in miricles, you'll see me with my outfit along with some with the rest of Teamtakeo that'll stand out at the con. (Wally-world here i come, I'll be the one drivein one of those nifty scooters):bigtu:

Atrista
06-15-2006, 07:41 PM
I'm ashamed to admit that despite having this costume in the works since the beginning of this year, I still find myself finishing things tonight...Why oh why must real life get in the way so often? :P I'm 99.9999999 of the way done, so it will be done tomorrow.

Odile
09-10-2006, 03:22 AM
Procrastinating? I can't even start!

I spend ages in my head nutting out all the structural problems and curiosities, look at prices of equiptment and...! Never even start the project. :P