PDA

View Full Version : Dead or Alive (DOA) : NDK 2006

Eurobeat King
06-06-2006, 11:26 AM
Hey everyone,

The Dead or Alive gathering last year was quite successful:

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=479349

My friends who originally said they'd wait until 2007 to cosplay DOA again have decided to cosplay the DOA girls THIS year, so I've decided to host a gathering at NDK 2006! :) It'll probably take place on Friday evening, say 6 or 7pm, and we'll meet in the hotel lobby.

I will cosplay Jann Lee again, this time having my hair done right (thanks to Got2B) and either wear his default black & gold (c1) costume or else I might wear his yellow-tracksuit one or another alternate one from DOAU. We'll see..

Anyone else interested? Please reply if you are and state which character you plan to cosplay and which costume. Repeat costumes are fine. See you at NDK!! :skidude2:

Dead or Alive cosplayer list : NDK 2006

Eurobeat King : Jann Lee
sakurachan61123 : Kasumi
Lady Neese : Lei Fang
Tenkage-chan : Ayane
lilacwire : Ayane
Matt the Attack : Hayate
Pink Spider : Hitomi
AllyFaSally : Tina
Ohki85 : Kasumi (tentative)
wilper : Bayman
darth_teca : Helena

sakurachan61123
06-06-2006, 10:30 PM
yay~

I think I'm going as Kasumi this year. not SURE though. I'll get back to this lol.

Lady Neese
06-06-2006, 10:59 PM
I'll definatly be going as LeiFang in her 'Circus' outfit (The green and orange one) ^.^ I can't wait to see everyone

Eurobeat King
06-06-2006, 11:20 PM
yay~

I think I'm going as Kasumi this year. not SURE though. I'll get back to this lol.

Yay! Thanks to you and Britt for deciding to wear your DOA costumes this year is why I'll bring mine back too. Keep me posted, and tell Britt (and Allyson) to post also if they're going to join in also!

I'll definatly be going as LeiFang in her 'Circus' outfit (The green and orange one) ^.^ I can't wait to see everyone

Kewll.. we'll besure to take more Jann Lee & Lei Fangs pics together again. I might have his yellow Bruce Lee tracksuit this time if I don't do his default costume. You might see pics of it from AX next month! ;)

Tenkage-chan
06-07-2006, 02:13 PM
I'm more than happy to do Ayane! Which costume would you like? The white dress or sleeveless purple ninja costume? :)

Eurobeat King
06-07-2006, 02:26 PM
I'm more than happy to do Ayane! Which costume would you like? The white dress or sleeveless purple ninja costume? :)

Both are good choices! You don't see too many people do the purple ninja costume with the devil-mask and black mesh, tho. :) The white dress one is more popular and recognizable, but go with whichever you feel comfortable with! Glad to hear you'll join our gathering!

lilacwire
06-07-2006, 03:38 PM
You know I'll be there.

I'll probably bring Ayane c4 from DOA4, but there could be other Ayane costumes in the works. We'll see. ^^

I wonder if anyone would be up for a DOAX shoot at NDK as well?

Matt The Attack
06-07-2006, 07:26 PM
I'm totally up for going as Hayate. I'd just need a little help with the costuming is all, but it shouldn't be that hard

Pink Spider
06-07-2006, 07:46 PM
I'll be there...just tell me the time and place. I know it's a ways away...but..ya know xD

I'll be in this Hitomi costume : http://i6.tinypic.com/121tr0k.jpg

I'll get Hunter to do a Kasumi, whether she likes it or not xD I don't think my sister will be cosplaying any DOA. She doesn't like Ayane, and....I don't think Helena....I'll talk to her about it further.

--I've been looking into a DOAX photoshoot. I'll still have to see. depends if I want to just pull out a swim suit or make one xD

Eurobeat King
06-07-2006, 09:11 PM
You know I'll be there.

I'll probably bring Ayane c4 from DOA4, but there could be other Ayane costumes in the works. We'll see. ^^

Yesh, what's a DOA gathering w/o lilacwire there as Ayane? ;) I've added you to the list, and I'm glad I get to see your C4 Ayane at AX first before seeing it again at NDK!

I'm totally up for going as Hayate. I'd just need a little help with the costuming is all, but it shouldn't be that hard

Good to have another DOA guy along with the gathering! Which costume of Hayate were you thinking of doing?

I'll be there...just tell me the time and place. I know it's a ways away...but..ya know xD

I'll be in this Hitomi costume : http://i6.tinypic.com/121tr0k.jpg

I'll get Hunter to do a Kasumi, whether she likes it or not xD I don't think my sister will be cosplaying any DOA. She doesn't like Ayane, and....I don't think Helena....I'll talk to her about it further.

--I've been looking into a DOAX photoshoot. I'll still have to see. depends if I want to just pull out a swim suit or make one xD

The gathering will probably be on Friday in the evening (after 6pm or later) I loved your Hitomi last year and a new one this year will be nice to see!

Who's Hunter again? Did she join us last year? If she's a member of c.com, have her reply so I can add her to the list, or I'll just put her as your friend. Awww.. you should let your sis cosplay with us. I'm sure she can find a DOA girl to cosplay that she'll like. :)

Yeah, you girls were supposed to do the DOAX shoot last year, but you were too busy with the masquerade to do it. Hopefully we'll find time this year to get one together.. err.. not that I'll cosplay DOAX J-Lee.. :razz:

Pink Spider
06-07-2006, 09:40 PM
Yesh, what's a DOA gathering w/o lilacwire there as Ayane? ;) I've added you to the list, and I'm glad I get to see your C4 Ayane at AX first before seeing it again at NDK!

Good to have another DOA guy along with the gathering! Which costume of Hayate were you thinking of doing?

The gathering will probably be on Friday in the evening (after 6pm or later) I loved your Hitomi last year and a new one this year will be nice to see!

Who's Hunter again? Did she join us last year? If she's a member of c.com, have her reply so I can add her to the list, or I'll just put her as your friend. Awww.. you should let your sis cosplay with us. I'm sure she can find a DOA girl to cosplay that she'll like. :)

Yeah, you girls were supposed to do the DOAX shoot last year, but you were too busy with the masquerade to do it. Hopefully we'll find time this year to get one together.. err.. not that I'll cosplay DOAX J-Lee.. :razz:

Hunter is Megan silly! xD You know Ally....I could see her as Christie maybe..it depends...we'll work something out. We'll see about the DOAX thing too.

Eurobeat King
06-07-2006, 09:45 PM
Hunter is Megan silly! xD You know Ally....I could see her as Christie maybe..it depends...we'll work something out. We'll see about the DOAX thing too.

oh, okay.. i'm used to calling her megan, or sakurachan61123, or "woo-hoo!" (an AOLIM thing) ;) Oooo.. I could totally see Ally cosplaying Christie.. if so, we have to have her work on NOT smiling for pics, since Christie never smiles.. evil-smirk, maybe.. but no teeth. :D

Matt The Attack
06-07-2006, 11:05 PM

I was planning on doing his default white one from DOA4. This one (http://www.tecmo.co.jp/product/doa3/jpg/hayate01l.jpg) for reference (even though he's sideways and you can't really see it)

Eurobeat King
06-07-2006, 11:21 PM
I was planning on doing his default white one from DOA4. This one (http://www.tecmo.co.jp/product/doa3/jpg/hayate01l.jpg) for reference (even though he's sideways and you can't really see it)

Looks cool! Good luck working on Hayate! Now we have at least 2 DOA guys to pose with the DOA ladies! :rockon:

FilthyWarumono
06-08-2006, 05:45 AM
JANN LEE IS MY FAVORITE!! </random> >>;;; Hayabusa's pretty darn close too though.

Lady Neese
06-08-2006, 04:25 PM

Theres Lei Fang or Tina she could go as too! ^.^

Katie

narutomoto
06-09-2006, 01:14 AM
I might go as Brad Wong if I decide to make a third costume for this NDK. So keep it open ya know? And I will get back to on it later on.

Arigatou~!

Re-EDIT: Oh noz! I don't have my sword for Hayate anymore! And I can't get the fabric I needed for Brad Wong in time! And to think that it would have been all the way from China (aka something special)... T_T Now I'm super sad~ Sorry guys, next time.

ThetrueNobody
06-09-2006, 05:11 AM
I know I'm going as Bass but not sure which costume

Tenkage-chan
06-11-2006, 10:31 AM
Kewl! This is shaping up really good, so far! I think I will be doing the mesh ninja costume for Ayane, as I'm pretty darn proud of how it's turned out, so far. And, I sewed it all by meself!! I'm just having a bit of difficulty with the last two props. Hmm... I wonder where I can find those... To the props board!! :walkoff:

sakurachan61123
06-15-2006, 03:33 AM
do the white one!!!!

sakurachan61123
06-15-2006, 03:36 AM
You know I'll be there.

I WANNA DO DOAX~~

Eurobeat King
06-17-2006, 01:35 AM
I WANNA DO DOAX~~

I hope you and Pink Spider can do that this year.. Do you want to make a new thread for the DOAX gathering or just keep it in here?

sakurachan61123
06-17-2006, 03:58 AM
I hope you and Pink Spider can do that this year.. Do you want to make a new thread for the DOAX gathering or just keep it in here?

I'm not too sure. I don't really care . . . if you wanna keep it here then that's cool. If I lose the weight I need to I'll do the shoot. If I can get enough money, I'll get an official DOAX bikini~ and it'll be the pink one that Kasumi wears in the screen shots . . . although I like the blue and white one with star on it better. The sad thing is the bikinis cost about 150 each . . .

Eurobeat King
06-17-2006, 04:07 AM
I'm not too sure. I don't really care . . . if you wanna keep it here then that's cool. If I lose the weight I need to I'll do the shoot. If I can get enough money, I'll get an official DOAX bikini~ and it'll be the pink one that Kasumi wears in the screen shots . . . although I like the blue and white one with star on it better. The sad thing is the bikinis cost about 150 each . . .

OK, we'll keep it in here also for discussion. Since I'll help manage the list of DOAX cosplayers, but not actually cosplaying IN it, i'll let you girls decide what day & time is good for you, and we'll go from there. Would you prefer doing it Friday evening (after the DOA gathering) or Saturday morning? Let me know. Thanks! :) Good luck getting a swimsuit for Kasumi that you like, M.

sakurachan61123
06-17-2006, 06:10 PM
OK, we'll keep it in here also for discussion. Since I'll help manage the list of DOAX cosplayers, but not actually cosplaying IN it, i'll let you girls decide what day & time is good for you, and we'll go from there. Would you prefer doing it Friday evening (after the DOA gathering) or Saturday morning? Let me know. Thanks! :) Good luck getting a swimsuit for Kasumi that you like, M.

I have the black one that looks like a halter top type thing already and I just think it's too simple . . . http://www.sfondi-gratis.org/sfondi_grandi/Kasumi_(DOA)_01.jpg <---that one.

I wanna get the blue one with stars like I said and I would rather do it on saturday morning because liek last year, if we do the shoot friday night I'm gonna miss it. I have a band thing going on . . . unless I can somehow fake sick for like . . . three days before the con . . . I would have to like . . . pay my parents off to let me do something like that. We'll see ^_^ I really would like to do the DOAX shoot though. I had my bikini and everything and then I was like . . . when are we doing the shoot? Pink Spider had hers as well. So we were disappointed about not doing it like we had thought we were going to . . . is anyone else interested in doing the DOAX shoot?? I think lilacwire is . . . not sure though . . . but she suggested it XD

Tenkage-chan
06-18-2006, 09:40 PM
I might be interested in doing DOAX. Where do you get the swimsuits from, Sakurachan?? I'm looking for Ayane's black bikini top, anyways.

sakurachan61123
06-19-2006, 08:59 PM
http://64.78.9.175/merchandise.asp

that is the site where you can buy the official swimming suits and I hope to get one . . . I want the one with the blue and white stars on them, but Kasumi wears the pink one in the screen shots and whatnot. I just might get the blue one anyways . . . or that yellow and black one.

Tenkage-chan
06-20-2006, 03:35 PM
Cool! Thanks for the site, I'll take a look and see what I can do!

sakurachan61123
06-20-2006, 11:22 PM
would we do the shoot by the pool or where would we be doing it? Anyone know? Or have a suggestion?

Eurobeat King
06-20-2006, 11:35 PM
would we do the shoot by the pool or where would we be doing it? Anyone know? Or have a suggestion?

The DOA gathering would be in the lobby area or else in that open-area by the Artist Alley where we had it last year. The DOAX gathering would most likely be at the pool, since the pictures would look better by the water. :)

Lady Neese
06-21-2006, 12:26 AM
With the dress code for NDK a DOAX photoshoot would have to be held in the pool area.

Pink Spider
06-21-2006, 02:40 AM
Updato fur mich.

Sweet, so far, I'm the only Hitomi. I'm still sticking with the same outfit and I shall begin making it when I return from vacation. I would also love to do a DOAX shoot, since the one we tried to plan last year was a total bust. xD I'm still debating on the suit though. I might make the yellow and navey one.

Also, Allyson has agreed to be Tina. She'll do the DOAX shoot too. I don't think she has a screen name at the moment...

sakurachan61123
06-23-2006, 02:04 AM
The DOA gathering would be in the lobby area or else in that open-area by the Artist Alley where we had it last year. The DOAX gathering would most likely be at the pool, since the pictures would look better by the water. :)

is there any chance we can move the DOA shoot to saturday or something? Maybe later on Friday night? I didn't get to go to it last year because of band and it's the same case this year unless I can somehow fake sick or some stupid stuff . . . I doubt that though. Can we at least TRY and move it?

who else is doing Kasumi? *hiss*

Eurobeat King
06-23-2006, 02:16 AM
Also, Allyson has agreed to be Tina. She'll do the DOAX shoot too. I don't think she has a screen name at the moment...

Yayyyy! I'm glad she's going to join our group! I've added her as Pink Spider's sister on the list.

is there any chance we can move the DOA shoot to saturday or something? Maybe later on Friday night? I didn't get to go to it last year because of band and it's the same case this year unless I can somehow fake sick or some stupid stuff . . . I doubt that though. Can we at least TRY and move it?

I don't mind having the DOA gathering later on Friday evening if everyone else was OK with it. Something like.. 8 or 9pm? I can't do DOA on Saturday since that's the prime-time day for cosplayers, so I have to be ready to take as many pictures as I can. Too busy that day for cosplaying..

But I'm okay with having the DOA gathering on Friday evening. What does everyone else think about a later (but not TOO late) gathering?

Pink Spider
06-23-2006, 02:33 AM
Later Friday evening sounds good. Saturday WILL be my busy day. I have so many costumes. x_X I vote we have just the DOA shoot later like last time, then, give everyone about half an hour or so do go get changed into our swim wear and meet by the pool.

sakurachan61123
06-23-2006, 02:56 AM
Later Friday evening sounds good. Saturday WILL be my busy day. I have so many costumes. x_X I vote we have just the DOA shoot later like last time, then, give everyone about half an hour or so do go get changed into our swim wear and meet by the pool.

unless I fake sick I won't be able to make it . . .

Tenkage-chan
06-23-2006, 07:43 AM
That sucks. Maybe we could all just kidnap you and drag you to the shoot, so that way they're no protests. After all, who would argue with an angry mob of DOA cosplayers?

(Oh yeah, and my friend is also doing a Kasumi. Please be gentle with her!)

sakurachan61123
06-23-2006, 11:29 AM
lol. I'll be gentle I guess . . . seriously I will lol. I'm not mean I was only kidding. Anyways . . . . please kidnap me. If there was an angry mob dragging me off the marching field . . . nobody could do crap.

Eurobeat King
06-23-2006, 12:38 PM
Pink Spider: So you want to do DOAX after DOA on Friday night? Hopefully the pool will still be open and there'll be adequate lighting for pictures. I know at NDK 2004 I tried to take pics of lilacwire by the pool, but it was closed. So we ended up taking pics outside with her posing next to a hot sports car. :skidude2: Although I think SHE was hotter than the car.. ;)

What we can do, similar to last year, is have 2 DOA gatherings, in-case the others can't/don't want to wear their costumes for too long. So we'll have one earlier (like 7:00pm) and then another later when Megan arrives, since myself, Britt, and her sister should still be in-costume so we can take pics together. :) And then when that's done, then you can switch to DOAX. How does that sound?

Tenkage-chan: Is your friend on c.com also? I'll add her to the list (i can put Tenkage-chan's friend) which Kasumi costume is she doing?

sakurachan61123
06-23-2006, 04:36 PM
Pink Spider: So you want to do DOAX after DOA on Friday night? Hopefully the pool will still be open and there'll be adequate lighting for pictures. I know at NDK 2004 I tried to take pics of lilacwire by the pool, but it was closed. So we ended up taking pics outside with her posing next to a hot sports car. :skidude2: Although I think SHE was hotter than the car.. ;)

What we can do, similar to last year, is have 2 DOA gatherings, in-case the others can't/don't want to wear their costumes for too long. So we'll have one earlier (like 7:00pm) and then another later when Megan arrives, since myself, Britt, and her sister should still be in-costume so we can take pics together. :) And then when that's done, then you can switch to DOAX. How does that sound?

Tenkage-chan: Is your friend on c.com also? I'll add her to the list (i can put Tenkage-chan's friend) which Kasumi costume is she doing?

that sounds awesome . . . I love you~

Pink Spider
06-23-2006, 06:33 PM
That sounds great! Hopefully, everyone can make it with these plans. I remember we had some issues with the DOAX shoot we were going to have last year. I don't remember what it was...bu ya know. If the pool closes before we can get there, Saturday morning would be great as well. Back up plans man! xD

sakurachan61123
06-23-2006, 07:19 PM
dang skippy.

Eurobeat King
06-23-2006, 09:15 PM
That sounds great! Hopefully, everyone can make it with these plans. I remember we had some issues with the DOAX shoot we were going to have last year. I don't remember what it was...bu ya know. If the pool closes before we can get there, Saturday morning would be great as well. Back up plans man! xD

The issues last year was due to you girls being too busy on Saturday with the masquerade (practicing, changing into costumes) that you didn't have time to do DOAX.. :lost: If you can't do it on Friday, then Saturday morning (like as soon as they open the pool) would be fine.

that sounds awesome . . . I love you~

woo-hoo! ;)

Tenkage-chan
06-23-2006, 09:32 PM
EBK: My friend recently joined C.com, she's Ohki85. I don't know if she's set up for PMs yet, though. She's also doing the white variation of the costume. (Sorry, Sakurachan! She's determined!) Actually, she just posted a couple of her costumes;

http://members.cosplay.com/costume/52925/
http://members.cosplay.com/costume/52923/

Don't she make a great Rikku??

sakurachan61123
06-23-2006, 11:45 PM
EBK: My friend recently joined C.com, she's Ohki85. I don't know if she's set up for PMs yet, though. She's also doing the white variation of the costume. (Sorry, Sakurachan! She's determined!) Actually, she just posted a couple of her costumes;

http://members.cosplay.com/costume/52925/
http://members.cosplay.com/costume/52923/

Don't she make a great Rikku??

lol. don't worry about it. I've already done the white outfit. I plan on doing the blue one this year.

Tenkage-chan
06-23-2006, 11:48 PM
Cool! Can't wait to see!

Eurobeat King
06-24-2006, 12:06 AM
EBK: My friend recently joined C.com, she's Ohki85. I don't know if she's set up for PMs yet, though. She's also doing the white variation of the costume. (Sorry, Sakurachan! She's determined!)

Very cool! I've added her to the list as Kasumi. :) Welcome her to cosplay.com. When she's used to everything, have her reply here if she wishes. Thanks!

sakurachan61123
06-25-2006, 02:34 AM
It died . . . I'm really excited for this though. I hope I can make it on time, If I switch schools I can definately be there no problem. I can say something like a family emergency . . . tee hee. He just doesn't know I consider you guys my family bwah ha haaaaa! I AM YOUR SISTER! If you guys can stay in costume though to take pictures with me I would be very happy and I would give hugs and glomps and kisses to whoever wants them . . . please?

Eurobeat King
06-25-2006, 04:54 AM
If you guys can stay in costume though to take pictures with me I would be very happy and I would give hugs and glomps and kisses to whoever wants them . . . please?

I'll stay in costume to get H&K from you, M. ;) haha We took pictures together last year, so it's only fitting that we do it again this year as well. It just means I'll have to keep my hair spiked for most of the evening until you get your @$$ to the con and into Kasumi! :p

sakurachan61123
06-26-2006, 08:46 PM
I'll be in Kasumi before I leave to get my happy @$$ down there! I'm excited. If I can grow my hair long enough, I might use my real hair for Kasumi . . . I have SO many wigs to buy lol. I heart you EK! shall gives you hugs and kisses!!! We need ideas for photos this year since we took so many last year lol.

!!Soda Pop!!
06-30-2006, 03:52 AM
Hey there! I cant wait for the Photo shoot Im excited. I dotn know where we have to meat and what time and all that jazz but when someone knows please let me know.I mean if not I'm sure the word will get around from my sister and Hunter to me so no worries anyways I'm going to be Tina for sure and I'm not goign to change my mind at teh last min.! XD

Pink Spider
07-01-2006, 01:59 AM
Hey there! I cant wait for the Photo shoot Im excited. I dotn know where we have to meat and what time and all that jazz but when someone knows please let me know.I mean if not I'm sure the word will get around from my sister and Hunter to me so no worries anyways I'm going to be Tina for sure and I'm not goign to change my mind at teh last min.! XD

Al, just so you know, Soda Pop is Allyson. xD I'll get a picture the Tina outfit that has been chosen when I return home.

sakurachan61123
07-02-2006, 03:06 AM
Is she gonna do the jeans, the cowboy hat, and the white shirt that ties in the front or is she gonna do the jeans, the cowboy hat, and the swimming suit top?

Eurobeat King
07-12-2006, 03:02 PM
Al, just so you know, Soda Pop is Allyson. xD I'll get a picture the Tina outfit that has been chosen when I return home.

I figured as much, since she's the only one of you three who hasn't joined cosplay.com yet. ;) Glad she's aboard now, to the site, and for the DOA gathering. :) I'll add her to the list as Tina!

I'll be in Kasumi before I leave to get my happy @$$ down there! I'm excited. If I can grow my hair long enough, I might use my real hair for Kasumi . . . I have SO many wigs to buy lol. I heart you EK! shall gives you hugs and kisses!!! We need ideas for photos this year since we took so many last year lol.

woo-hoo! I'll think of some new poses to do, some of which will involve your high-kicking abilities. I won't mind letting you put a foot (or knee) to my face.. for the sake of cosplay! :D Just remind me or else I'll forget..

sakurachan61123
07-15-2006, 06:25 PM
EBK: I'll remind you about it. Don't worry. I will. I guess this means I need to start stretching again huh? I haven't stretched in a while. Maybe I can get a bow and arrow and you can take a picture of it. It would be fun tee hee.

http://www.allstarcheerleaders.co.nz/images/Bow_N_Arrow.jpg

Pink Spider . . . you should work on that and do it with me.

Pink Spider
07-15-2006, 07:12 PM
EBK: I'll remind you about it. Don't worry. I will. I guess this means I need to start stretching again huh? I haven't stretched in a while. Maybe I can get a bow and arrow and you can take a picture of it. It would be fun tee hee.

http://www.allstarcheerleaders.co.nz/images/Bow_N_Arrow.jpg

Pink Spider . . . you should work on that and do it with me.

I can't do a Bow and arrow! Are you kidding! I can hardly do a scorpion anymore xD

wilper
07-16-2006, 02:22 PM
You guys need a default Bayman? I can easily put that together since i have a colletion of military items.

Eurobeat King
07-16-2006, 03:17 PM
You guys need a default Bayman? I can easily put that together since i have a colletion of military items.

You're welcome to join us if you can get his Beret and vest costume together if that's the one you're planning on having. :) I'll put you on the list!

Haha it'd be funny to see someone do his diver-suit costume. :D A lot of people use that one online..

wilper
07-16-2006, 05:58 PM
You're welcome to join us if you can get his Beret and vest costume together if that's the one you're planning on having. :) I'll put you on the list!

Haha it'd be funny to see someone do his diver-suit costume. :D A lot of people use that one online..

Hey Euro I actually have this outfit which isn't the default orange vest one..

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g278/the_alpinestar/bayman.jpg

I can also do the all black outfit but i hate to think of wearing that hot sweater and winter beanie.

Eurobeat King
07-16-2006, 06:03 PM
Hey Euro I actually have this outfit which isn't the default orange vest one..

I can also do the all black outfit but i hate to think of wearing that hot sweater and winter beanie.

Either one works. :) Nice to have another DOA guy for the gathering!

Eurobeat King
07-16-2006, 06:24 PM
sorry for the double-post, but this was brought to my attention in another thread:

At Nan Desu Kan here in Colorado, they actually changed the rules this year BECAUSE of the skimpy clothing, I heard. It's upsetting that a handful of overly-skimpy DOA girls in their underwear could cause the clothing rules to be so strict. Now cosplay tops have to be at least as covering as a sports bra and no skin can be shown below the belly button, or something like that :/ It doesn't sound that bad, but I've got friends doing perfectly tasteful costumes (like Shiva from FFX, and Luna from Tales of Symphonia) who are having to rethink their entire costume plans because of it.

I replied in the other thread to her, saying that there weren't a handful of DOA girls. Those who witnessed the incident with con-security know what happened (which we won't discuss) but if you'd like to input your thought on this "new rule" please let me know. This won't affect the gathering, and if need be, we'll simply gather and go elsewhere to take photos. If staff asks any of the DOA girls to cover up, do so (with a towel or pants) but we should be allowed to uncover just for photos like last year, right?

Pink Spider
07-16-2006, 09:13 PM
I honestly think we'll be fine. The outfits we're doing for just the DOA shoot, I'm sure are all fine. The DOAX shoot, it's not like we're parading around in these outfits. Hopefully, eveyone would have the sense to be covered up until we arrived and started the photo shoot. If we have to, we could move it outside and walk to that fountain.

I respect the rule of being modest, but, to go to extremes such as that irritates me. That is all. xD I honestly don't think they'll have too much a problem if we're...'behaved', if you will.

keikana
07-17-2006, 12:37 AM
sorry for the double-post, but this was brought to my attention in another thread:

I replied in the other thread to her, saying that there weren't a handful of DOA girls. Those who witnessed the incident with con-security know what happened (which we won't discuss) but if you'd like to input your thought on this "new rule" please let me know. This won't affect the gathering, and if need be, we'll simply gather and go elsewhere to take photos. If staff asks any of the DOA girls to cover up, do so (with a towel or pants) but we should be allowed to uncover just for photos like last year, right?

the cosplay rules are still a little fuzzy, but I think it should be all right. My buddies are contacting con staff and whatnot. I'm almost positive these "trouble making girls" were not a part of your group, too. I don't even know if they were DOA girls, one person in another thread said they thought they were, but as far as I know for sure, they were just a bunch of girls in underwear/bikinis, or something. I said so in the other thread, but I think it's always cool seeing the photos from your DOA gatherings each year, they look like a lot of fun and it's a bummer that DOA cosplayers are getting a bad rep at NDK. <3

Lady Neese
07-17-2006, 01:29 AM
The swim suits will be ok in the pool area. Pictures should be fine in the pool area as long as nobody irritates anyone in the pool. But if people are parading around in swim suits in the regular con area there probably will be trouble. Just wear shorts or a towel over the swim suit till you get to the pool area, it shouldn't be a problem.

sakurachan61123
07-17-2006, 01:54 AM
ok . . . so here is my thing. I had an issue with the con staffing because they found my costume as inappropriate. Mind you, I follow rules and when someone asks me to do something, I first ask why and if there is a good reason, I follow the rule. I got to NDK and was told to put on shorts in my Kasumi outfit. I had no problem with this, but I asked if it was ok to wait until I did my shoot with EBK before I put them on. I had at LEAST 4 other staff members come up to me and some of the SAME staff members come up to me and ask me to put something on. I had to argue with staff to have them wait until I was done with my shoot. I wore shorts the rest of the con when I was in that outfit and took them off when someone wanted to take a picture (I asked staff about this). Later in the con though, I had a staff member come up to me and pull me aside RIGHT as I had finished with a photo and he punched my badge saying that I was being inappropriate. The thing is: he was one of the staff memebers I had talked to on Friday night. He was one who told me I was allowed to walk around in shorts and take them off when a photo was being taken. I was furious, so if I was you, at this con, try and make things as appropraite as possible. I would actually PREFER to take this outside so that we can get good pictures. I HATE making things appropriate. My thing is, if you're gonna cosplay a skanky character, do it justice and make it skanky. I can follow rules and everything because it's a family con, but sooner or later . . . girls aren't going to be able to cosplay anything new because of the fact that anime and video game characters are losing their clothing . . . slowly . . . but surely.

darth_teca
07-17-2006, 02:55 AM
Well here's hoping that I'll be able to get Helena's red outfit from DOA4 done by NDK. -.- We can all blame Lilacwire and Mnemosyne for this one. ¬.¬

Lady Neese
07-17-2006, 11:18 AM
Yay Mandy!!!! *Hugs* Good for them!

Eurobeat King
07-17-2006, 11:44 AM
Well here's hoping that I'll be able to get Helena's red outfit from DOA4 done by NDK. -.- We can all blame Lilacwire and Mnemosyne for this one. .

Glad to have you join us, Mandy! oooo we have a Helena now! :) Haha I shall indeed blame lilacwire and Mnemosyne for corrupting you to join our gathering.. I shall give them killer-hugs for that when I see them.. ;)

darth_teca
07-18-2006, 01:19 AM
Yay Mandy!!!! *Hugs* Good for them!

*hugs* ; D Well if cute girls like YOU are going to be there, this is looking better and better!

Glad to have you join us, Mandy! oooo we have a Helena now! :) Haha I shall indeed blame lilacwire and Mnemosyne for corrupting you to join our gathering.. I shall give them killer-hugs for that when I see them.. ;)

Yeah, it's a trade off. I do a Helena costume but no new Cammy costume for NDK this year. ; P

Eurobeat King
07-18-2006, 02:00 AM
Yeah, it's a trade off. I do a Helena costume but no new Cammy costume for NDK this year. ; P

OK, so just wear your original Cammy to NDK this year. I never tire of taking pictures of you as Cammy! ;)

darth_teca
07-18-2006, 03:08 AM
OK, so just wear your original Cammy to NDK this year. I never tire of taking pictures of you as Cammy! ;)

Or maybe I'll just crash the DOAX photo shoot with my Cammy Gapshon swim suit.

... Maybe. X D

Tenkage-chan
07-18-2006, 07:37 AM
*sigh* It looks like my friend, Ohki85, will be bowing out on doing Kasumi since hearing of the new restrictions. There's no guarantee, yet, but can we mark her as a "Maybe" on the shoot list? It's a little depressing, though, I was hoping she'd come through, buut... Oh, well. At least I still have all of you guys!! Yay!

Lady Neese
07-18-2006, 11:26 AM
I'm confused, A Kasumi costume should be just fine there shouldn't be a problem with the dress code. As long as no one decides to make lingere apart of their DOA costume everything should be good.

I'm currently working on what is and what isn't appropriate con attire that will be distributed to the NDK staff and voluenteers, and posted on the site for attendees, so that hopefully the everyone will be informed and no one will go gung ho on any else.

Keikana any questions about appropriate attire should be directed to the cosplay staff or Amanda who is a executive director.

Eurobeat King
07-18-2006, 02:09 PM
*sigh* It looks like my friend, Ohki85, will be bowing out on doing Kasumi since hearing of the new restrictions. There's no guarantee, yet, but can we mark her as a "Maybe" on the shoot list? It's a little depressing, though, I was hoping she'd come through, buut... Oh, well. At least I still have all of you guys!! Yay!

Your friend should still wear her Kasumi, and if need be, we'll find a location where we're allowed to take pictures w/o causing any problems. But we should be okay to take pictures. During our gathering when we were posing as a group, nobody stopped us so we were fine.

Again, Kasumi isn't that risque.. If need be, you can wear flesh-colored tights and then put on the white/black thigh-highs. Fellow-mod Michi does this for her Kasumi and Mai costumes, and she doesn't get in trouble for it. So maybe your friend can consider doing that. She should still make the costume and join us for the gathering :)

Tenkage-chan
07-18-2006, 09:06 PM
I didn't think there'd be any problems with it, either. But her attitude is not very... mmm, happy about it. I don't think she even intends to work on the costume, now, as she was already debating whether or not she really wanted to do said costume, whoich is i why I ask to hold her in "maybe" status. Sorry, I just know my friend.

Eurobeat King
07-18-2006, 10:08 PM
I didn't think there'd be any problems with it, either. But her attitude is not very... mmm, happy about it. I don't think she even intends to work on the costume, now, as she was already debating whether or not she really wanted to do said costume, whoich is i why I ask to hold her in "maybe" status. Sorry, I just know my friend.

I put her down as "tentative" for now. Let me know if she changes her mind. Again, a rule like that if it is enforced shouldn't discourage her from making the Kasumi costume if she likes the character and/or the game. I know my friends who are still planning on cosplaying DOA, rule or no rule.. ;)

darth_teca
07-18-2006, 10:31 PM
If I can walk around in my Cammy, I don't think they'll bother any of you.

sakurachan61123
07-18-2006, 10:47 PM
I'm confused, A Kasumi costume should be just fine there shouldn't be a problem with the dress code. As long as no one decides to make lingere apart of their DOA costume everything should be good.

My Kasumi costume last year got my badge punched.

Lady Neese
07-18-2006, 11:28 PM
My Kasumi costume last year got my badge punched.

I know, thats one of the reasons why I'm working on the appropriate con attire (with the hotels no shoes, no shirt, no service rule in mind) so that there will be no confusion amoung the staff and voluenteers, and so that cosplayers will know what they should and should not wear to the con. Let me just say now that both sides, staff and attendees, make mistakes. In a convention with lots of people there are bound to be mishaps. Its not fun when it happenes nor does it make it right, but it does happen. Like I said there shouldn't be a problem with Kasumi, I just have to Cosplay-smack the punching happy staff a little.

sakurachan61123
07-19-2006, 11:11 PM
I know, thats one of the reasons why I'm working on the appropriate con attire (with the hotels no shoes, no shirt, no service rule in mind) so that there will be no confusion amoung the staff and voluenteers, and so that cosplayers will know what they should and should not wear to the con. Let me just say now that both sides, staff and attendees, make mistakes. In a convention with lots of people there are bound to be mishaps. Its not fun when it happenes nor does it make it right, but it does happen. Like I said there shouldn't be a problem with Kasumi, I just have to Cosplay-smack the punching happy staff a little.

lol. You do that because I HATE making things appropriate when I feel that they already are . . .

Tenkage-chan
07-24-2006, 11:13 PM
Wweeeeeeee!!! I just got the pieces for my swimsuit for the DOAX shoot, and they look pretty good! Even on me! I'm impressed. Although, I do feel like I need to go on a bit of a diet. *pokes her tummy* I'll start doin' crunches, maybe it'll go away, by the shoot. Still, in any case, I'm almost completely set for NDK!! Well, costume-wise. Art-wise, is another story. *sighs and starts drawing again*

pipapopupo
07-25-2006, 11:08 PM
I'm so late to reply to these things lol.

I'll be there as Kasumi. Which one...I just don't know! XD

Tenkage-chan
07-25-2006, 11:25 PM
Whoa... I just did that eye-toy kinetics thing for the first time, and man... That thing really makes you sweat!! But, I guess that's good, 'cuz I wanna be in better shape for the con. Life of pain and stiffness, here I come! *wince*

Tenkage-chan
08-08-2006, 06:18 PM
08/08/06: Hey, all. Was just in the "Photoshoot Times" thread, and it was posted that the Piano Squall and Lisa Furukawa-Ray concerts are anywhere between 6 and 9 pm on Friday. I know I wanted to see 'em. Is this gonna effect our photoshoot? And no, this is not a double-post.

Eurobeat King
08-25-2006, 03:42 AM
08/08/06: Hey, all. Was just in the "Photoshoot Times" thread, and it was posted that the Piano Squall and Lisa Furukawa-Ray concerts are anywhere between 6 and 9 pm on Friday. I know I wanted to see 'em. Is this gonna effect our photoshoot?

I think Piano Squall is a kewl guy (actually met him at A-kon this year) but for me, taking pictures is the priority for me at any con. I rarely have time for concerts, panels, or even cosplaying. But since I'm hosting the DOA gathering again, that's my priority (and taking pics of our group) for Friday night. So the gathering (DOA and DOAX) are still going to take place. For those who originally stated they'll be cosplaying but may have to bow out due to the concerts or other plans, please reply here to let me know so I can update the list. Thanks!

Tenkage-chan
08-25-2006, 10:55 AM
I'm still gonna show, regardless. I'll just leave the concert a little early, if it's necessary.

Lady Neese
08-25-2006, 11:06 PM
If the photoshoot is at 7:00 I won't be able to be there since cosplay sign up will probably still be going on, but I can join once it's done! I just don't know when that will be, 7:30 maybe 8:00. Are DOA people going to be walking around for that long?

Eurobeat King
08-26-2006, 01:08 AM
If the photoshoot is at 7:00 I won't be able to be there since cosplay sign up will probably still be going on, but I can join once it's done! I just don't know when that will be, 7:30 maybe 8:00. Are DOA people going to be walking around for that long?

I'll probably still be in Jann Lee, since some of the girls will be doing DOAX (not me, tho) but I'll still be around to take photos with you when you show up. :)

AllyFaSally
09-03-2006, 02:19 AM
Al it's so sad! I can't mae the DOA shoot! :bigcry: I made the school play and I have the opening night and stuff all that weekend of NDK....I'm going to come a little before and after I have the play thursday, friday and saterday..... I'm goign to try to be there as much as I can but the obly photo shoot I can make is the FF photoshoot.....Unless we can try to move the DOA photo shoot earlier if possible but if not that cool if it's to much work no worries

Eurobeat King
09-07-2006, 11:34 PM
Al it's so sad! I can't mae the DOA shoot! :bigcry: I made the school play and I have the opening night and stuff all that weekend of NDK....I'm going to come a little before and after I have the play thursday, friday and saterday..... I'm goign to try to be there as much as I can but the obly photo shoot I can make is the FF photoshoot.....Unless we can try to move the DOA photo shoot earlier if possible but if not that cool if it's to much work no worries

Aww.. sorry to hear you can't make it to the DOA gathering, A. :blubber: But that's good that you made it into the school play, so I hope you do well that night. :) And you'll still be there on Friday, so we can hang out after you return to celebrate your successful opening night!

Pink Spider: So your sis can't make it to the gathering.. You'll make it still, ya? We should discuss a definite plan for the gathering, like either 7:00pm or later.

Pink Spider
09-08-2006, 12:59 AM
Yes, I'm still going as well as Hunter. The times we had planned before work best for me still. If we need to change it though, not big deal. I just need enough time for me and my Totchi to change into out Myaku costumes for the Jrock dance.

sakurachan61123
09-17-2006, 03:26 PM
NDK this year seems WAY stressful compared to the last few years . . . maybe it's just me oh well. I know I'm making it because I was mad that I missed it last year. I shall be there! I promise!

Pink Spider
09-23-2006, 10:13 PM
I know that feeling x_X So, I think that maybe we should push the shoot to 5, and do DOAX at like.....7 or 8. I have to be in my Myaku Kyo by at least 9.

sakurachan61123
09-25-2006, 10:24 PM
the concert goes from like 6-9 though . . . so after 9 sometime . . . the 5 sounds good to me though.

Tenkage-chan
09-25-2006, 11:12 PM
Doing the initial shoot at 5 definately sounds good to me. I'm pretty impartial about the DOAX shoot time, though. My only concern about doing it that is whether or not the pool will be open for us to do the shoot.

Pink Spider
09-25-2006, 11:33 PM
the DOAX shoot has still been pretty tentative.I almost want to say have it directly after the DOA shoot. I'm going to change the DOA time though.

Tenkage-chan
09-28-2006, 10:59 PM
Silly an inane question: Is anybody planning on bringing a volleyball for the DOAX shoot? I got one, but it's a yellow, smiley-face volleyball, so if you want me to bring or leave it, lemme know.

Pink_Spider: What's the new photoshoot time gonna be? I'm okay with most anything, I'm just concerned about sign-up for the cosplay contest, which is at 6:30. Buuut, I'm sure you already know that.

Eurobeat King
09-29-2006, 01:19 PM
the DOAX shoot has still been pretty tentative.I almost want to say have it directly after the DOA shoot. I'm going to change the DOA time though.

Let me know before the con arrives as to what time you want to have the DOA gathering, as well as if you plan to do the DOAX gathering. I'll be in costume after 6pm, so hopefully we can have it around that time or a little later.

One week to go! Are you ready? ;)

Pink Spider
09-29-2006, 03:38 PM
The DOA time is now 5:00. If need be, I'm sure some of the girls can stay in their costumes if you can't make it. I'm still up for the DOAX, as are several others. I don't think we decided a definate time yet. I almost want to say like....7 or 8 maybe? It can't be too late for me though, I have to be in my Myaku Kyo before the Jrock dance. I know that might conflict with costume contest signup, so, maybe I may not make it. I don't know.

Eurobeat King
09-30-2006, 03:36 PM
The DOA time is now 5:00. If need be, I'm sure some of the girls can stay in their costumes if you can't make it. I'm still up for the DOAX, as are several others. I don't think we decided a definate time yet. I almost want to say like....7 or 8 maybe? It can't be too late for me though, I have to be in my Myaku Kyo before the Jrock dance. I know that might conflict with costume contest signup, so, maybe I may not make it. I don't know.

OK, so i'll be in my costume before 5pm then. I guess we'll meet in the hotel lobby by the elevators and then once we're in a group we'll go wander around the hotel. (we should try to go by the registration area this year rather than hang out near the artist alley, so that more people see us.) Once we're done COMPLETELY with DOA, I'll change back into photographer-mode so that I can take pics again, unless WH-girl plans to show up later in-costume, so I might stay as Jann Lee for a little bit.. ;) Keep me posted about the DOAX gathering, since we should try to have it this year..

Tenkage-chan
10-02-2006, 11:21 AM
Where are we gonna meet for the regular gathering? I can't remember, but didn't we decide to meet at the doors for near registration, and then find somewhere? Obviously the DOAX shoot will be at the pool. Of course, I could just read through the past posts...

Eurobeat King
10-02-2006, 01:32 PM
Where are we gonna meet for the regular gathering? I can't remember, but didn't we decide to meet at the doors for near registration, and then find somewhere? Obviously the DOAX shoot will be at the pool. Of course, I could just read through the past posts...

Since the hotel is sorta small and the hallways are straight, we could meet at outside the elevators. If you exit the elevators and go left, you'll walk past hotel registration and then you'll reach con reg. If you make a right after exitting the elevators, you'll reach the gazebo & artist alley. Either meeting place is fine for me.. just look for my spikey-hair! ;)

lilacwire
10-02-2006, 06:11 PM
From what I understand the DOA shoot is at 5pm - this means that if any of you are signing up for the masquerade you need to have a friend hold your spot in line. Masquerade signup is at 6:30. For this reason I suggest DOAX to be saturday morning (like it is at AX). (This is also good because if we do it before breakfast, those bikinis look extra good!!)

Eurobeat King
10-02-2006, 06:27 PM
From what I understand the DOA shoot is at 5pm - this means that if any of you are signing up for the masquerade you need to have a friend hold your spot in line. Masquerade signup is at 6:30. For this reason I suggest DOAX to be saturday morning (like it is at AX). (This is also good because if we do it before breakfast, those bikinis look extra good!!)

Anybody know what time the hotel pool closes at? Even if it closes at 10:00pm, that's still enough time to do the DOAX shoot between 9-10pm after masqy sign-up has been completed. Also, is there another location in the hotel that has water (fountain?) in-case the pool is closed? Sometimes I miss the other Holiday Inn for that lovely waterfall. ;)

Lady Neese
10-03-2006, 08:14 PM
As far as I know there isn't. There is the water fountain outside on the cross steets of Bellview and Syracuse.

Eurobeat King
10-03-2006, 08:36 PM
As far as I know there isn't. There is the water fountain outside on the cross steets of Bellview and Syracuse.

Good to know, but too far, and i'll be too dark in the evening for pictures. So the HI pool will prolly be the best location for the DOAX gathering.

sakurachan61123
10-04-2006, 02:33 AM
if we do DOAX in the morning on saturday,I can't make it because I have marching band.

Tenkage-chan
10-04-2006, 10:31 AM
Maybe we can do the DOAX shoot Friday before our 5:00 shoot? Either that, or we could just switch it to Sunday morning.

lilacwire
10-04-2006, 11:50 AM
My vote would be Sunday morning rather than Friday, since that would be a lot of clothes changing for those of us who want to also do DOA.

Eurobeat King
10-04-2006, 02:12 PM
I'm here until 3:00pm on Sunday, so even if you have it on Sunday morning, I'll be there to take pictures. But hopefully B. will decide on a time, or else we'll try for Friday evening and see who can make it..

Eurobeat King
10-18-2006, 03:27 AM
Hey NDK DOA ladies! By now you've probably seen the pictures from our DOA gathering on NDK Friday, but if you were wondering where are the solo pictures we took that day, I put them in a seperate photoshoot folder just for you 5! :) Check it out:

Nan Desu Kan : DOA Girls (http://images.cosplay.com/gallery.php?cat=56110&member=18)

These are mostly the solo pictures we took outside the hotel, with a few pair pictures, and the indoor ones since you 5 were the only DOA girls that entire weekend! I hope you like the pics! :skidude2:

Next year we'll try to have another gathering, ya? I'll check with Heather "H-chan" of artplaymix.com and see if she'll join us also. :) Had I talked to her prior to this year, she would've joined us in her Lei Fang costume (the short black costume from DOA1) So hopefully next year we'll have another good turn-out!

lilacwire
10-18-2006, 12:55 PM
Thanks, Al!!