PDA

View Full Version : Auction/Bingo Curious

Fireshark
06-06-2006, 06:41 PM
I've heard stories and so on about the Auction that occurs, and the Bingo night(s) as well. Can anyone be more descriptive of what exactly it is?

I was told that basically guys (in cosplay or out of cosplay) are bid on separately or in pairs, in various states of undress, by both men and women bidders. The money goes to Yaoi-con.

So... are you 'owned' by the other person? What does that entail? How long is it for, and are you expected to do yaoi poses with the other guys, or what?

It seems like it could be either GREAT fun, or..... a horrible ego-destroyer if nobody bid. o.o;;

Anyway, can anyone shed more light on this? What did you like about it? Was it fun for you, if you've done it?

CapsuleCorp
06-06-2006, 11:44 PM
Being AT the event or being a bishonen at the event? Because the view is very different from either side.

Leishu
06-07-2006, 12:54 AM
From the Bishounen point of view:

The Bingo/Bishie inferno is fairly straightforward. The bishies treat the removal of their clothing, paired with merchandise, as prizes for getting a bingo or, in the other games, fulfilling goals. There is much photography to go around as well.

For the auction: Bishies perform a short (3 minutes, last year) skit displaying their talents and, after the skits, fans bid on them. The bought bishies spend the next four hours with their buyers and do what they want (excluding actions which make them overly uncomfortable/are outside of reason). Many spend more time. What the buyers do with their bishies is very much up in the air (mine brushed my hair for several hours).

I hope that was helpful!

Lin/Goth Kitti

natsukoarts
06-07-2006, 03:54 AM
leishu, can i buy you!
cause i know i dont have the guts to sell my bishie arse!

Leishu
06-07-2006, 02:47 PM
*bows modestly* It'd be my honor ^_^

Assuming, of course, they take me up again this year. I'm a lil' more confident of that then I was last year. :p

Fireshark
06-07-2006, 03:47 PM
Being AT the event or being a bishonen at the event? Because the view is very different from either side.

Mainly interested in the Bish side, btu also curious what the girls/buyers think of it.

Leishu
06-07-2006, 04:05 PM
From their usual screams, I'd say that most of them enjoy it. :]

CapsuleCorp
06-07-2006, 10:52 PM
I did find the idea of a 3 hour strip show...I mean auction...enjoyable. :) Though the screams gave me a headache after a while, we left after Kamui's little dance.

I'm glad the bishonen have such a good time doing it, subjecting themselves to being pawed, ogled, photographed, and treated like a side of meat. I just refused to participate as anything but a spectator because I'm uncomfortable with the idea of all the money going to the convention. I would rather it went to a charity, like a GLBT organization or breast cancer research or something.

AmazonPrincess
07-02-2006, 10:45 PM
I did find the idea of a 3 hour strip show...I mean auction...enjoyable. :) Though the screams gave me a headache after a while, we left after Kamui's little dance.

I'm glad the bishonen have such a good time doing it, subjecting themselves to being pawed, ogled, photographed, and treated like a side of meat. I just refused to participate as anything but a spectator because I'm uncomfortable with the idea of all the money going to the convention. I would rather it went to a charity, like a GLBT organization or breast cancer research or something.

Funny you mention that charity thing, the San Francisco walk for Making Strides Against Breast Cancer (run by the American Cancer Society) is Saturday morning during Yaoi Con. I walked last year, and am doing so again this year, and I have been considering trying to get some Y-con folks involved. Bishies for Boobies anyone?

Leishu
07-03-2006, 12:19 AM
Hmmm... I don't think I can really do that... but who knows. Maybe some of the other bishies can?

I personally it'd be cool to have a Yaoi-con Bay to Breakers team ^_^