PDA

View Full Version : This may be a stupid question, but...

Liahara_Crow
03-02-2003, 11:26 AM
We were wondering, Yaoicon isn't strictly guys, is it? And yuricon isn't strictly girls? i was wondering because all the pics i've found of yaoicon have been all guys. My friends and i have wanted to go to both of these for a while, but we can't all go to either if either of them are strictly same sex events...

Michi
03-02-2003, 12:29 PM
o.o; All the pics of YaoiCon you've found are all guys? Are you sure it wasn't just female crossplayers? ^^; I remember a lot more girls back at YaoiCon 2001.

The only restrictions on YaoiCon & YuriCon are that you must be 18+. One's themed for yaoi and the other's themed for yuri. S'all.

Karisu-sama
03-02-2003, 03:30 PM
I would definitely have to say that girls attendees outnumbered guys by at least 4-1 at Yaoi-con 2002!!

A J
03-02-2003, 04:36 PM
But most of them were cross-dressing. :)

RyuHayabusaDOA2
03-07-2003, 04:00 PM
I want to go to Yuri-Con! ;_;

Sakura
03-07-2003, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by Karisu-sama
I would definitely have to say that girls attendees outnumbered guys by at least 4-1 at Yaoi-con 2002!!

Yup, the Yaoi-con website said something about that. Ahh.. One year and three months until I can be of age to get into Yaoi-con and Yuri-con.

ShingoBunny
03-12-2003, 12:51 PM
I want to go to Yaoi-con soooo bad~ T_T. I have to wait a year and 3 days, though... X_x

Michi
03-12-2003, 06:42 PM
^_^; I'm not old enough to go to YaoiCon and I still went back in its first year of 01. I just stayed in the lobby hanging out with friends, and then late at night they weren't checking for badges so I got into this one panel with my friends. Besides, I was wearing all red & black vinyl with buckles (for my costume).. I don't think they didn't think I was with the con. :P

I didn't go last year just.. because.. but I still won't be 18 til December and I'm going to YaoiCon this year anyway, just to see friends. ^_^

Karisu-sama
03-12-2003, 10:04 PM
In 2002 they not only checked badges every time I went down to the function area, but they also checked these stupid wrist tapes they made everyone wear so no one could let friends just borrow badges for a bit. (I've been P-shopping evil wrist tape out of so many pics...)

I don't remember anyone checking at the dance, though...

aonceu
03-14-2003, 03:11 PM
Theres a dance?????

Karisu-sama
03-15-2003, 01:14 AM
Yes, there's indeed a dance - some of the music was provided by a live band. And a Masquerade, and lo and behold - some friends of mine were even holding open ROOM PARTIES on Saturday night. XD With champagne & chocolate & projection anime.

This is not your "teeny-bopper" anime con... ~_^

aonceu
03-15-2003, 02:01 AM
Is there a room party this year?

Michi
03-15-2003, 04:11 AM
Hahaha the wrist tape!! I remember that!! For some reason no one checked when I was Nikki in '01.. maybe 'cause I already had vinyl straps around my wrists. *blinks and shrugs*

Aaaauuugh. Yeah. I won't be at YaoiCon for much more than a day this year, but next year -- yes!

Karisu-sama
03-15-2003, 05:04 AM
The age restriction is so that the con staff don't get their collective asses busted and hauled off to jail for "pandering to minors".

Reminds me, I gotta find someone to watch my kids for that weekend....

Michi
03-15-2003, 05:47 AM
I still think YaoiCon should have two types of badges... for 18+ and 18-.. and like, some sort of system where 18- can't get a badge or can't attend without an adult, blahblahblah, and have certain sections closed off to minors, because I know that not all of that convention is adult. X_x Blah. ^_^; It works in my head. ._.

Karisu-sama
03-15-2003, 06:56 PM
That makes sense to me. There were sections of the con that from what I saw were not necessarily a bad place to allow my 12-year-old into (like J-rock videos.)

Although I do actually like the idea of going to a con withOUT my kids for a change. ^___^

Michi
03-15-2003, 10:27 PM
Exactly! Things like that. The adult video rooms you'd have a certain badge for.. probably the wrist thingie, too, so you can't just switch around.. aaand.. certain panels, like on the more adult subjects. But just some of them.. I don't see why they can't try to establish a system like that.

Of course, after this year, I can attend the con normally (turn of age in December). So by the time they would ever even try to adapt such a thing, it won't matter to me. :P!

ElleHazard
03-19-2003, 02:11 PM
Newbie Elle decides to explore the topics...

First I find it kind of funny that the all-male question was asked. Mostly because when I first imagined yaoi-con I pictured a con full of females, with maybe two or so guys (who were dragged there against their will). ^^

I agree with Michi. I will just be of age for this con, but I've also been waiting since the first to go. Also one of my friends is thinking about not going because his boyfriend (who will be 17) is going to be left out. X_X
18- and 18+ wristbands would relieve so much stress on my part.

Liahara_Crow
03-29-2003, 06:18 PM
Danka!

And someone should suggest that... It's a really good idea...

dman99122
04-03-2003, 10:44 PM
This year Yaoi-con will be starting on my birthday. I can't wait for it. Two of my friends and I will be there... Two girls and I... a Man (going of my own free will ^.^ !!) I luve yaoi...

Any way to the subjet. I think that it would be a good idea to have two different passes. I went to sakura con in Seatle Washington... and that's is how they did it there. They had a Minors badge and an Adult badge. They checked badges after curfew and made sure that the minors stayed out of the adult areas.

I think this would work well at both yaoi-con and yuri-con. Although I have never been there myself, it sounds pretty similar. Well I hope to see all of you there.

Kei Hoshiakari
04-04-2003, 09:16 PM
I wish I could go, but I'm 13. Alas...

Karisu-sama
04-04-2003, 10:06 PM
Kei, you'll grow older. Don't rush into adulthood; you'll have the rest of your life to be there. ^^

Widow
04-05-2003, 02:22 AM
Originally posted by Michi
I still think YaoiCon should have two types of badges... for 18+ and 18-.. and like, some sort of system where 18- can't get a badge or can't attend without an adult, blahblahblah, and have certain sections closed off to minors, because I know that not all of that convention is adult. X_x Blah. ^_^; It works in my head. ._.

:\ That'd be awfully hard to swing for the artists trying to sell their DJs there. So much of it is full of sass. They'd have to get tables in both the -18 and the +18 areas, and someone to watch each one....

I think the best thing for you to do is wait until you're old enough to purchase smut.

:) Just saying it makes me happy.....

Liahara_Crow
04-12-2003, 11:20 AM
With the bracelet thing, the dealers would just have to ask to see their bracelet before letting them see or purchase anything... And displays, etc. They shouldn't have anything too horrible up anyway...

Psychotic Jei
04-12-2003, 03:15 PM
they do similar things at AX and stuff. *shrug* But, I think they should just leave it. Having to watch every guest and making sure they have a proper badge and such....

Chas
04-16-2003, 02:41 AM
::whines:: That would be nice.... so then I could go....

Although, even if I could, I don't quite know how to explain to my father just what type of anime con he'd be taking us to... XD

But! ONE more year and I'll be Yaoi-Con legal. 2004 watch out!

...::slump:: it's so far away~ ;_;

Michi
04-16-2003, 03:00 AM
Originally posted by Widow
:\ That'd be awfully hard to swing for the artists trying to sell their DJs there. So much of it is full of sass. They'd have to get tables in both the -18 and the +18 areas, and someone to watch each one....

I think the best thing for you to do is wait until you're old enough to purchase smut.

:) Just saying it makes me happy.....

^^; I don't.. go to YaoiCon to purchase hentai doujinshi. And they sell hentai doujinshi at regular cons. They just check for ID when you purchase. So it really would not be hard to do the minor/adult badge thing. x_X

And Chas ~ Yes, 2004 is my year to register normally as well. :F