PDA

View Full Version : Tales of the Abyss Cosplay

Pages : [1] 2

Alaina Yagami
06-07-2006, 03:02 AM
Anyone planning on cosplaying as one of the characters from this game? There's some nice designs and the characters are really memorable.
I'm thinking of crosplaying as Luke fone Fabre. The main part I might have trouble with is his jacket. Here's a ref pic:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v30/alainayagami/tofg219toa6.jpg

Any tips will be much appreciated.

The Partisan
06-07-2006, 03:46 PM
Forget the jacket! Good luck with the hair!!! LOL

Just kiddin' ya' there. Best of luck. Can't wait for this game to come stateside.

Alaina Yagami
06-08-2006, 04:00 AM
Actually I plan to go as him with his short hair as seen here:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v30/alainayagami/lukeshorthair3rr.jpg
and back shot:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v30/alainayagami/lkkk.jpg
I'm going to try to see if I can pull off the hairstyle with my own hair first. If not I'll go with a wig.

Psyposer
06-08-2006, 07:33 AM
I'll cosplay Jade Kurtis soon ^-^

at the first time, i was going for Luke too~ but dunno... i think Jade is more suitable for me~

maybe my sister will go as Tear or Arietta a s well ^^

good luck with your costume!

Issu
06-14-2006, 02:42 AM
Oh my! A Luke! :D
Honestly, there really aren't enough Abyss cosplayers :/
Or really, its rare to see any cosplayers that aren't doing Symphonia...

I'm considering doing a Sink cosplay, but as of the moment I don't think that'll be too soon. (I've got my hands full already working on Nanaly, among others, unfortunately)
Iheartanime is planning something for the future too, I believe :) (Jade? Natalia?)

Anyway, I'll let you know if I pick up Sink anytime soon!
Meantime, I'm gonna wish you luck recruiting~~

Alaina Yagami
06-14-2006, 03:50 AM
Um what type of pattern would be good to modify for the jacket? Here's a good reference pic that I scanned from the offical artbook:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v30/alainayagami/Scan00017.jpg

Lady Subaru
01-03-2007, 12:40 PM
I'm planning to cosplay as Tear and Noelle for San Japan this year.

I'll try to see if I can find a good pattern for that... *thinks* Try looking at simplicity, mccalls and butterick sites. Might be able to see a pattern in their halloween section.

Akarui-chan
01-03-2007, 04:13 PM
I'm Planning on Mieu for MTAC '08. That'll definitely be fun XD

AkinaSumora
01-03-2007, 07:29 PM
Oh, how I wish we had a Luke for Anime Boston...

But yeah, a simple jacket pattern could be modified to make Luke's jacket. I actually used a pattern for a kimono-like top to make this vest (http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a156/AkinaSumora/LacusClynefront.jpg), and while working on it, I started thinking that it looked slightly like Luke's jacket.

Good luck with your cosplay! I'd be glad to try and help if you have any more problems.

Seraphy
01-03-2007, 08:44 PM
I'd love to cosplay Tear in the future. I dunno when, but certainly not anytime soon, to much to do.

Maybe make a little Mieu plushie too. XD

FeelLikeRain
01-04-2007, 07:06 AM
Or really, its rare to see any cosplayers that aren't doing Symphonia...

*feels guilty for being a Lloyd cosplayer ;__;* I know what you mean, though ... the other Tales games get very little love. D=

A friend of mine might be cosplaying short-hair Luke. =o Once I've got Farah and Senel done, I'll most likely be doin' the Jade thing. If I'm determined to cosplay an Abyss character, it'll almost definitely be Jade, since I don't think I could really pull off any of the others. And he's my favourite. *adores him*

Coochie coochie coochie coochie coochie coochie coochie ...

... Nibble.

Alaina Yagami
01-05-2007, 07:11 PM
I completely forgot about making this topic. ^_^'
I haven't even started on the costume. I need to lose weight first since right I don't feel comfortable about wearing an open shirt like that.
I also thought of going as either Ion or Tear. Even if I don't go as Ion,I still want to make the headband and necklace for fun.

shaowebb
01-06-2007, 06:30 AM
Its still in the planning stages but Id like to do a Guy cosplay and run from girls.
Too bad I still have my Testament, Vampire hunter D, and Nortel cosplays to finish first...:snoring:

Jenki
01-08-2007, 03:35 PM
My friends and I have decided to cosplay as the ToA group, but that won't happen until probably AX08. ;_; Ahh so far away! I love Acsh's design too, so I look forward to cosplaying him in the near future. <3

Gilly_kins
01-08-2007, 08:48 PM
I'm planing to do Arietta (http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y164/SSG-Sunny/Tales%20of%20the%20Abyss/829c4357.jpg) some time in the near future. Her outfit is just to adorable to ignore!

Blade Tiger
01-12-2007, 12:51 PM
Partially because of peer pressure, and partially because his sarcasm never ceases to amuse me, I'm planning to cosplay Jade Curtiss once my hair is long enough to not require a wig. Which should be pretty soon.

I might be doing this at Anime North, and I might be with a Sync and an Ion too.

FeelLikeRain
01-12-2007, 01:04 PM
Oh yeah, I forgot to post about the Decision of Ultimate Supreme Destiny in this thread, too...

I've decided to go as Natalia! 'Cause I figured that I like her outfit the best, and it'll be fun to be her for a day! And I will thus be accompanying the above Jade-to-be, Sync and Ion to Anime North, NO MATTER WHAT MAY STAND IN MY WAY!

For justice!

For liberty!

FOR COSPLAY!

Lily-chan!
01-12-2007, 06:53 PM
I'm going to Anime Central as Dist....and maybe another Tales character.

<333

tsumikuroi
02-05-2007, 01:57 AM
Wow, dead board... I'm probably going to do Jade Curtiss, Evil Fonist mode, sometime in the near future... if anything, I'll try to do his Doctor costume. ^^

aerialknight
02-22-2007, 10:55 PM
Was Dist (final outfit) for Katsucon 2007. Planning on attending Otakon... |D

melodiester
02-23-2007, 09:20 AM
---

AkinaSumora
02-23-2007, 07:13 PM
I'm working on Tear for Anime Boston 2007!

http://members.cosplay.com/costume/74865/

kalajessta
02-23-2007, 07:19 PM
I'm actually am planning on cosplaying alot of characters from Tales of the Abyss. I have bought materials for Guy Cecil already and my next project will be Jade. I want to do Luke, Asch, Tear and eventually most of the cast. I hope I have the skills to do more complicated characters like Asch.

Imari-chan
02-23-2007, 07:27 PM
I am going to work on my Tales of Abyss costume soon. Not sure when it'll be done though. (o.o)

Issu
02-25-2007, 10:48 PM
Although I promised not to think about cosplay until after spring break I've already hunted down a wig for Sync... *is plotting already*

I love the Hazuki in your icon, Imari. <3 Beautiful job.
You didn't mention, but what character were you considering?

CrimsonNataku
02-25-2007, 11:25 PM
My sister and I have plans for a Luke (short hair) and Tear Grants (or Asch) cosplay complete with a Mieu plushie.

We're also considering a Sync and Ion cosplay (apologies to anyone who haven't played the game past that point yet).

tsumikuroi
02-25-2007, 11:59 PM
Was Dist (final outfit) for Katsucon 2007. Planning on attending Otakon... |D

You make an AWESOME Dist.

Imari-chan
02-26-2007, 12:35 AM
Although I promised not to think about cosplay until after spring break I've already hunted down a wig for Sync... *is plotting already*

I love the Hazuki in your icon, Imari. <3 Beautiful job.
You didn't mention, but what character were you considering?

Thanks~ I plan to be doing Luke and Asch. Working on the costumes not sure which I'll finish first haha.

PKYuna
02-27-2007, 03:32 AM
My friend most likely will do Tear Grants from Abyss for Otakon 2007 =D

FeelLikeRain
02-27-2007, 06:47 PM
aerialknight, awesome Dist cosplayer:

Marry me and bear my children. Now. Screw biological impossibilities.

tsumikuroi
03-06-2007, 01:10 AM
Due to my complicated and debilitating procrastination problem, I have used many a precious hour to create... Tokunaga.

He's only a mock-up, to get the proportions right but shhh- don't tell him. He's in my gallery.

Alaina Yagami
03-15-2007, 10:41 PM
I'm going to try and have my bjd,Emilio cosplay as Guy for A-kon. I ordered a doll sized red sword for him and found a wig that'll work perfectly for Guy. I had thought about maybe cosplaying as Luke with him,but I'd have to lost some weight first so I might go as Tear instead.

FeelLikeRain
03-16-2007, 12:14 AM
Oh noes...

I've already decided to cosplay Natalia for sure (I like her character much more nowadays as I've played through the game more; I used to not really be certain as to whether I liked her terribly much), but now the idea of doing Luke as well -- probably short-haired, but long-haired Luke would be fun -- has invaded my brain. Earlier today I caught myself looking online for a wig that'd be good for him. <_<

*falls in love with characters' outfits far too easily -- what's my 'want to cosplay' list up to now? Like, fifteen?*

EDIT: Just realized, I must have a thing for Tales characters with white outfits -- adding Luke in there would make it him, plus Philia, plus Senel. XD;; Well, white is my favourite [absence of] colour...

neoPootling
03-20-2007, 09:26 PM
i did guy cecil for AX06 - so much fun to wear =D

<3 guy and im gonna bring em back for AX07 ^^ prolly gonna make small improvements to the costume too like style the hair better, add details to the waist area, make a fatty sword, and better boots if i have time ^^

i'm trying to convince my brother to be Luke for AX07 this year too ^^

FeelLikeRain
03-21-2007, 04:24 PM
Ohh, yes, I looked at the pictures of your Guy cosplay, and commented on one of them. You're SO CUTE! *loves Guy too*

Swordmaster
03-24-2007, 07:11 PM
Yeah, I've been thinking about doing a Guy cosplay too... but I'm handicapped when it comes to the actual costume. Although, I can pretty much craft most of his swords...

(Guys is awesome and owns your soul! ()_())

Anywho, Alaina, personally I think you should give the Luke cosplay as shot. I mean, I'm not a perfect person either, I'm kinda chubby X3. But that's not gonna stop me from cosplaying as Riku (KH:CoM/KH2). YES, he DOES show some belleh! Though, the point is, you gotta know that at cons, people don't care what you look like, they just admire the effort you put into the costume (and you, yourself ^_~).

FeelLikeRain
03-24-2007, 11:59 PM
Yes, Guy is awesome! All hail Guy!

Okay, I'm going for it and cosplaying Luke, hopefully later this year! (In addition to Natalia in May...) I've become extremely fond of him, so I can't not. But ... I can't really decide between long-haired and short-haired Luke. I -thought- I was gonna try long-haired, but then again, his short-haired version is so much cuter... hmm. <__<

Alaina -- if you'd be really uncomfortable showing your belly, and want to cosplay Tear as well, then go with Tear for now. But like Swordmaster, I say to just give Luke a shot and don't worry terribly much about your body. And you could always modify the outfit a little to show off a bit less than it does, if you wanted to.

Alaina Yagami
03-25-2007, 04:50 AM
Ah thanks. Well it's not so much as my belly I'm worried about,it's er my chest size.
Anyway I'm focusing on getting a cosplay made for my ball jointed doll,the one in my avatar. I plan on having him cosplay as Judas. Also thought of having him go as Jade in his spa costume since it's a fairly easy costume.

Naxul
03-25-2007, 02:36 PM
I love this game!!! I'm planning on making Tear Grants and possibly (in the future) making a few alternate costumes. Her Proud Maid is so adorable xD. I kinda wanted to be Natalia for a little bit too but I'm unsure about that. Plus mother gets mad when I order things online ^^''''

Alaina: You shouldn't let your chest size get in the way of what costume you wish to do. For me-- it's a pain cause of all the darts I gotta make for my Tear cosplay. But that doesn't stop me xD. Just go for it-- you might regret it if you don't.

aerialknight
03-26-2007, 10:56 PM
Cosplaying Dist at Anime Boston (definitely) and Otakon (hopefully). 8D

Naxul
03-27-2007, 07:33 PM
Cosplaying Dist at Anime Boston (definitely) and Otakon (hopefully). 8D

aerialknight-- you ARE Dist xD

Aya Frost
03-30-2007, 04:21 PM
Well, I am jumping onto this bandwagon~ I'm planning on doing Tear Grants, but her "Cool Chick" costume. Will people who've played ToA, know who I am? Also, does anyone have an clear pictures of that outfit? I have several, but all the pictures I can get will definitely help.

AkinaSumora
03-30-2007, 06:38 PM
As long as everyone remembers the character registry in Yulia City, you'll have all the pictures you'll need. (And yes, if I saw you I'd know who you are!)

I've been working on my own Tear cosplay today. (The default one) It just needs a few more tweaks...

JiMm007
03-31-2007, 02:41 PM
Cool! ToA rocked! And I loved that game, good to see you folks cosplaying I was thinking about doing so but maybe this winter! right now Im busy on one!

The character who I would choose to cosplay would be Asch! If not then my secound choice would be Sync The Tempest!

JiMm007
03-31-2007, 02:45 PM
EDIT: Just realized, I must have a thing for Tales characters with white outfits -- adding Luke in there would make it him, plus Philia, plus Senel. XD;; Well, white is my favourite [absence of] colour...

HaHa, The same goes for me for the favourite [absence of] colour! Senel rocks!!!.. another character in white who rocks but isnt in the tales series is from final fantasy 9 'Kuja' or Legend of Dragoon 'Lloyd' hehe characters with White hair and white garments kick buut

Lady Subaru
03-31-2007, 11:19 PM
Omg XD another LoD fan, lol... don't find those much. Really should replay that game and cosplay from it x.x;.

Back to TotA, it looks like I won't be cosplaying Tear and Noelle this year, but I'll be cosplaying as Mieu... but in human form XD! My friend did a great artwork piece out of boredom and came up with Human!Mieu, asked her if she would be okay with me stealing the idea and making the outfit. She was quite honored and the likes ^-^

Masterofveggies
04-01-2007, 01:07 AM
*jumps on*
I'll be cosplaying Dist (second outfit) at Acen this year, (almost done) and also at ikasucon, though I might try to get his first outfit done for that one ^^
My friend also hopes to go as jade, but we've yet to even start on that..so I really hope it gets done (she plans to buy it as a fall-back, but $200 is alot @_@ ) goodthing she doesnt need a wig.. *hate*
Also at Ikasucon I believe I have coerced a few more of my friends into being a Peony (or two!?) and maybe a nefry!

Yuui
04-02-2007, 11:23 PM
In a Abyss cosplay group for Sakuracon, which is this weekend. 8D. I'll be Tear, which is still...6ish hours from being done.

As far as I know, we have a Luke *She's doing long hair design with the faded highlights*, Anise, Natalli, and Jade. Last time I checked, we lacked a Guy ; ;.

sunbeam482
04-05-2007, 06:45 PM
*jumps on*
I'll be cosplaying Dist (second outfit) at Acen this year, (almost done) and also at ikasucon, though I might try to get his first outfit done for that one ^^
My friend also hopes to go as jade, but we've yet to even start on that..so I really hope it gets done (she plans to buy it as a fall-back, but $200 is alot @_@ ) goodthing she doesnt need a wig.. *hate*
Also at Ikasucon I believe I have coerced a few more of my friends into being a Peony (or two!?) and maybe a nefry!

You forgot me ;_;

I'm in the group with Masterofveggies going to Ikasucon. I'll be cosplaying Anise, and though I haven't started on the costume yet, my Tokunaga is done. Hopefully I'll get pictures of it up within the next few days :D

Aya Frost
04-05-2007, 07:08 PM
Does anyone have screencaps of the outfit that *spoiler in white* Luke wears in the ending?

Blaze1662001
04-12-2007, 04:32 PM
I am going to do a Tear cosplay sometime this year I am hoping to do her default outfit but I might do one of her other ones instead.

Naxul
04-13-2007, 12:51 PM
Does anyone have screencaps of the outfit that *spoiler in white* wears in the ending?

I have some pictures- but it's only Fanart. Will that do?? They're actaully pretty good. If not, just watch the ending over and over again xD. That outfit's so cool, I love that one.

Aya Frost
04-15-2007, 10:00 PM
Yeah, Fanart would actually help if it's correct~

Naxul
04-16-2007, 02:32 AM
Okay Frost-Aya!

I'm warning everyone now that I'm posting pictures from the ending.. Just so everyone knows, unless you've finished the game, don't look. Mmmmk?

http://img409.imageshack.us/img409/5127/11epi10li0cm0.jpg
http://img409.imageshack.us/img409/2212/11epi12jb3bj4.jpg
http://img249.imageshack.us/img249/2996/ending223cugy4.png
http://img249.imageshack.us/img249/3168/ending337qbyt7.png
http://img409.imageshack.us/img409/6662/luketear10ih9.jpg
http://img409.imageshack.us/img409/7654/toaendlukevd9.gif

I also have the ending downloaded on my computer. If you need anymore, I can try to make screencaps later this week. (I seriously just found it while posting this, no joke!)

tsumikuroi
04-19-2007, 02:35 AM
http://namco-ch.net/talesoffandom2/character/index.php

Here are some interesting images of some familiar characters. ^^;; Now I feel even stranger for cosplaying Emperor Peony! He's a tall, broad-shouldered manly man!

Naxul
04-19-2007, 10:07 PM
http://namco-ch.net/talesoffandom2/character/index.php

Here are some interesting images of some familiar characters. ^^;; Now I feel even stranger for cosplaying Emperor Peony! He's a tall, broad-shouldered manly man!

Awwwwwwh- Dist doesn't look as sick and twisted xP
I love the younger Tear's outfits though-- They're cute!!

tsumikuroi
04-22-2007, 01:21 AM
Well, I just got material for Emperor Peony. I'm wondering if anyone will kill me if I make his puffy pants bright orange?

Naxul
04-22-2007, 11:15 PM
tsumikuroi~ I think that would be just fine actually-- Just as long as it's not like, overly shiny or sparkly. It's annoying when people do that for costumes when the fabric isn't shiny or what not. Being Penoy is really cool anyways-- you should make a Rappig xD

More people should be the minor characters. I'd like to see a Dark Wings group. That would be pretty cool.

FeelLikeRain
04-23-2007, 01:08 AM
.......How many eye colours has Cless had by this point? XD

Anyway, whoa, Cantabile looks cool. That'd be an awesome cosplay ... <.<

kalajessta
04-23-2007, 09:28 AM
Well, I just got material for Emperor Peony. I'm wondering if anyone will kill me if I make his puffy pants bright orange?

Please don't. Bright orange would ruin the costume. I would suggest if you are having difficulties finding fabric for him, use cotton and line or layer the pants.

tsumikuroi
04-23-2007, 01:59 PM
Please don't. Bright orange would ruin the costume. I would suggest if you are having difficulties finding fabric for him, use cotton and line or layer the pants.

I'm thinking of fading the cloth at this point. The cloth I got is not neon orange but it's a pretty warm, bright shade of tangerine. So I may end up getting my hands on some RIT dye to tone down the orange to a shade that's more brownish.

tsumikuroi~ I think that would be just fine actually-- Just as long as it's not like, overly shiny or sparkly. It's annoying when people do that for costumes when the fabric isn't shiny or what not. Being Penoy is really cool anyways-- you should make a Rappig xD

More people should be the minor characters. I'd like to see a Dark Wings group. That would be pretty cool.

I'm going to try to get a rappig. And Neopootling's Guy will have to walk him at AX! >: D

Edit: For viewing consideration, I uploaded a picture of the cloth samples. The actual orange is a little lighter than what's shown in the picture because my digital camera is wonky. The other colors are pieces of cloth that I'm using for other parts of Peony's costume.

Naxul
04-23-2007, 09:14 PM
I'm going to try to get a rappig. And Neopootling's Guy will have to walk him at AX! >: D

Yes! That's so awesome xD Luckily I'll be able to see that *going to AX also*. I hope to complete my Mieu by then >.>

As for the fabric.. Hmm... It does seem a little bright... I just looked at the character disc and his pants seems more pale. Man, the character disc saves lives. Fading the fabric would be the best thing to do if you don't want to buy more.

Good thing you posted that picture :D

tsumikuroi
04-23-2007, 09:40 PM
Yes! That's so awesome xD Luckily I'll be able to see that *going to AX also*. I hope to complete my Mieu by then >.>

As for the fabric.. Hmm... It does seem a little bright... I just looked at the character disc and his pants seems more pale. Man, the character disc saves lives. Fading the fabric would be the best thing to do if you don't want to buy more.

Good thing you posted that picture :D

Do you, or anyone else, have any suggestions to help fade the blasted cloth? I was thinking using tea dying to tone down the brightness and add more of a brown color.

kalajessta
04-23-2007, 11:32 PM
I finally got a decent pattern for Jade. I hope to start on him as soon as I'm done with Kuhn, or until I run out of material for him (which may be likely). I hate underestimating material that is needed. I live in Joanns too much.

tsumikuroi
04-23-2007, 11:37 PM
I finally got a decent pattern for Jade. I hope to start on him as soon as I'm done with Kuhn, or until I run out of material for him (which may be likely). I hate underestimating material that is needed. I live in Joanns too much.

*raises hand* I'm guilty too, especially because there's one minutes away. Pretty soon the ladies there are going to know me by name.

I'm also glad you got a pattern for Jade. ^^

kalajessta
04-24-2007, 12:51 AM
*raises hand* I'm guilty too, especially because there's one minutes away. Pretty soon the ladies there are going to know me by name.

I'm also glad you got a pattern for Jade. ^^

It wasn't the one you suggested, but it still is a Civil War style costume pattern. I applied to my Joanns but didn't get a job yet. I would really love it if I could work there, but then again, I would probably dread going to work every day because I'm in there as it so much.

tsumikuroi
04-24-2007, 12:53 AM
It wasn't the one you suggested, but it still is a Civil War style costume pattern. I applied to my Joanns but didn't get a job yet. I would really love it if I could work there, but then again, I would probably dread going to work every day because I'm in there as it so much.

It's a slightly interesting situation, ne? ^^;;

I had a male friend apply to work there. He got rejected, for his slight color-blindness.

P.S. You think I really should redye the orange for Peony based on the picture that I put up?

Naxul
04-24-2007, 01:03 AM
Do you, or anyone else, have any suggestions to help fade the blasted cloth? I was thinking using tea dying to tone down the brightness and add more of a brown color.

Sadly-- I have no idea how to do that ^^''. Try using the search on General Costume Help forums to see what works and what doesn't.

kalajessta
04-24-2007, 01:05 AM
It's a slightly interesting situation, ne? ^^;;

I had a male friend apply to work there. He got rejected, for his slight color-blindness.

P.S. You think I really should redye the orange for Peony based on the picture that I put up?

Yeah. Bright orange doesn't suit Peony at all in my opinion.

I should of followed-up on my application. I may apply at Michael's and a few other art stores around here. I just know I'm sick of my current job and need a change ^^;;

tsumikuroi
04-24-2007, 01:06 AM
Sadly-- I have no idea how to do that ^^''. Try using the search on General Costume Help forums to see what works and what doesn't.

Well, I tried tea dying on a sample. No dice. At the very least, I think I'll try to leech some of the color from the cloth and adding a taupe dye. Of course, using a sample first.

If not, to hell with it, I'm using the blasted orange. This is a cheapie-ghetto cosplay. The tangerine orange matches the rest of Peony's color scheme anyways...

Yeah. Bright orange doesn't suit Peony at all in my opinion.

I should of followed-up on my application. I may apply at Michael's and a few other art stores around here. I just know I'm sick of my current job and need a change ^^;;

Trust me, I'm a stickler for accuracy too but when I went cloth shopping... 1) I looked through TWO stores to find the funny, inconsistent color that he has on his pants/leggings, 2) when I all but gave up, I made sure that the other cloth I bought for his shirt, tunic, and waist wrap subtly matched the orange. It works in a sick, twisted way.

Of course, if my dying experiments WORK, as I'd be willing to go as far as to hand paint all that darn fabric, I won't have to worry about making the orange "work."

Naxul
04-24-2007, 01:34 AM
Hmmm.... Hand painting sounds like a pain... Why not look for dyes at Micheal's? Their dye's pretty good (from what i've experienced with...)

You could always just got back to your local fabric store-- they could of suddenly restocked with better fabric. I hate it though when that happens, very annoying, lol.

tsumikuroi
04-24-2007, 01:40 AM
Hmmm.... Hand painting sounds like a pain... Why not look for dyes at Micheal's? Their dye's pretty good (from what i've experienced with...)

You could always just got back to your local fabric store-- they could of suddenly restocked with better fabric. I hate it though when that happens, very annoying, lol.

What I'm afraid of is paying more for this costume than I already have. It's not that I'm on a shoe string budget, but I'm trying to be more conscientious about what I buy and what I make. Not to mention I'm in a rather limited living situation right now and don't have access for the amenities to wash, dry, dye, wash again, and dry a few yards of fabric, not to mention my schedule. *sighs* That's why I'm thinking of sticking to what I've got. I can remake pants later, when there's another blowout sale at a warehouse or Jo-Ann's and I can get my hands on something a little more- luxurious, perhaps, in the color I want it in.

Naxul
04-24-2007, 02:00 AM
Ah-- I see... I know how that feels, don't worry. I'm waaaaaaay to busy and thinking about money too. I already messed up on a wig last week (luckly, I think I can save it >_>). Oh, the woes of being a cosplayer. xD

Anyhoo, that sounds like it will work for the time being. Just keep an eye out for sales at Joann's-- the one in my city has them all the time. You'll make a great Peony either way. Can't wait to see it done and at AX this year with your Rappig! =]

kalajessta
04-24-2007, 08:58 AM
Ah-- I see... I know how that feels, don't worry. I'm waaaaaaay to busy and thinking about money too. I already messed up on a wig last week (luckly, I think I can save it >_>). Oh, the woes of being a cosplayer. xD

Anyhoo, that sounds like it will work for the time being. Just keep an eye out for sales at Joann's-- the one in my city has them all the time. You'll make a great Peony either way. Can't wait to see it done and at AX this year with your Rappig! =]

Joanns had a big sale last week. I managed to get most of my material that I needed for over three costumes and some fleece for plushies, for under 100 bucks. And I'm not talking about crap material either. I bought twill, linen and such. I have to run back up later today to buy more material for a costume that I underestimated on. That's the only issue with cosplay I hate.

Naxul
04-24-2007, 05:11 PM
Joanns had a big sale last week. I managed to get most of my material that I needed for over three costumes and some fleece for plushies, for under 100 bucks. And I'm not talking about crap material either. I bought twill, linen and such. I have to run back up later today to buy more material for a costume that I underestimated on. That's the only issue with cosplay I hate.

I always get way too much for what I need. I think I got like, 6 yards of fabric for my Tear. I think I only got that much cause I was afraid I'd mess up (I'm making a pattern from scratch-- with help of course, lol). Luckly though, it was on sale and I got it for $20. That totally made my day xD

It also depends on the Joann's-- I live by two of them and one has a sale and sometimes the other has the sale. That annoys me.

kalajessta
04-24-2007, 05:20 PM
I always get way too much for what I need. I think I got like, 6 yards of fabric for my Tear. I think I only got that much cause I was afraid I'd mess up (I'm making a pattern from scratch-- with help of course, lol). Luckly though, it was on sale and I got it for $20. That totally made my day xD

It also depends on the Joann's-- I live by two of them and one has a sale and sometimes the other has the sale. That annoys me.

I live about 10 minutes from one then 20 minutes from another. I always get mad when they don't have something I need like a pattern or bias tape and would have to run over to the other one.

tsumikuroi
04-24-2007, 06:13 PM
I live about 10 minutes from one then 20 minutes from another. I always get mad when they don't have something I need like a pattern or bias tape and would have to run over to the other one.

That's always irritating. I depend on Jo-Ann's for both craft and fabric needs and it's annoying to drive in the opposite direction to get a specific craft item that Jo-Ann's JUST ran out of.

Lialy
05-11-2007, 11:11 PM
That's always irritating. I depend on Jo-Ann's for both craft and fabric needs and it's annoying to drive in the opposite direction to get a specific craft item that Jo-Ann's JUST ran out of.

I'm sure this has happened to others who depend too much on Jo-Ann's: back in 2005 I needed black cotton braiding to create the trim on my Raine Sage outfit. I ended up going to not one, not two, but three Jo-Anns and cleaning them all out of their braid.

(I bring the roll of braid to the clerk at the cutting table)
Me: More... more... more... moooore...
Clerk: That's all of it.
Me: Okay, I'll just buy the entire roll. Can I have the plastic frame it came in too? (yes, they did give it to me XD)

ycysusan2001
05-16-2007, 07:47 AM
Im going to cos Ion for both Fanime and AX.

Does anyone know what color is the trim on the bottom and the top of his dress?
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a22/ycysusan/tota012.jpg

Naxul
05-16-2007, 04:31 PM
ycysusan2001~~ His dress's trim is a white on the bottom and top. It's the same in the game, only it appears clearer.

I'm going as Tear to Fanime on monday! I have to take pictures with you when you're Ion! =]

ycysusan2001
05-16-2007, 09:12 PM
ycysusan2001~~ His dress's trim is a white on the bottom and top. It's the same in the game, only it appears clearer.

I'm going as Tear to Fanime on monday! I have to take pictures with you when you're Ion! =]
Though my dress is white. I dont think it will show if I have thw white trim.
btw... here is my half finish cos... http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a22/ycysusan/P1011746.jpg
PS ^^;;; I never play the game before

^^;;; sorry... my ride is leaving on Sunday night. Though are U bring back for AX?

Naxul
05-16-2007, 10:12 PM
Oooooh- I see. It does seem rather thin.. You could always just get thicker trim, there's still time. It looks really good so far though!

Awh man- luckily I'm going to AX this year too though. I'll have to get pictures with you then ^^

ycysusan2001
05-18-2007, 03:23 AM
Oooooh- I see. It does seem rather thin.. You could always just get thicker trim, there's still time. It looks really good so far though!

Awh man- luckily I'm going to AX this year too though. I'll have to get pictures with you then ^^

^^;;; I dont care... I am not going to change it any more. Its gonna take me another 2 days to do them.

Are U going to Tales serius gathering?

kalajessta
05-18-2007, 03:12 PM
If anyone is going to the following cons, I would like to form a big group if possible: Colossal, Otakon, Ikasu, Matsuri, Youma, Sugoi or even Ohayo Con.

Naxul
05-18-2007, 04:33 PM
^^;;; I dont care... I am not going to change it any more. Its gonna take me another 2 days to do them.

Are U going to Tales serius gathering?

Yeah, I am. I helped set a time for that gathering actually.. I might have a Legretta with me for that gathering. I was going to have a Dist the Rose but she got grounded and sadly cannot come now >_>

AyrielDarkmoon
05-18-2007, 11:32 PM
Wow, Abyss =)

I'll cosplay Ion soon... I can figure out how to do everything... except for the shoes @_@ help please ;-; (any advices about any part of the costume will be appreciated)

Issu
05-19-2007, 12:27 AM
... I can figure out how to do everything... except for the shoes @_@
I'd use a soft, wide rimmed shoe (ballet-like?) And just give it a gold trim-up.
Or maybe flat white pumps...

AyrielDarkmoon
05-19-2007, 02:32 AM
Mmm I like the idea of the ballet-like shoes... But it will be difficult to walk... or not?

(sorry, I had never used those @_@)

BTW, which wig would you recommend?

Issu
05-19-2007, 04:44 AM
Mmm I like the idea of the ballet-like shoes... But it will be difficult to walk... or not?

(sorry, I had never used those @_@)

I'd go for standard white ballet flats.
They've got a ballet-shoe look but are durable since they're actual shoes. Flats are luckily in style sou they shouldn't be hard to find for you.
I have no idea how they are in comparison to a good pair of sneakers or anything but they're very comfortable and very easy on your feet which is more than I can say for a lot of cosplay shoes.

Anyway, I have no ideas about wigs though. Ion has a tough haircolour... Teal highlights on greenish-grey...

ycysusan2001
05-19-2007, 12:22 PM

His hair is long in the front and short in the back. U probaly have to buy a long dark green wig and style cut it Ur self.

Though ^^;;; For my part, I want to save money. Since I got black hair, Ill just tide it on two side. It kind of work ^^;;;

I found this Ion cosplayer online... the only Ion I can find... hope it help. (sorry that I have not finish my cos yet)
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c112/ycysusan2001/14437dccccd206.jpg

Naxul
05-30-2007, 12:14 AM
YAY- I finally have pictures of myself in my Tear Grants cosplay!!!

http://images.cosplay.com/gallery.php?cat=59217&member=50760

It's not completely done but here's what I wore to Fanime 2007 on Monday. Slowly, I'm uploading pictures from the gathering and such! I'm glad the gathering turned out the way it did, for it being nearly a last minute gathering.

FeelLikeRain
05-30-2007, 08:22 PM
VERY nice jorb on your Tear, Naxul. Wow. *___*

I couldn't get Natty finished for North....;_____; And I'm really badly lacking motivation right now. Need to get up and sew... but ... don't wanna yet...

tsumikuroi
05-30-2007, 10:18 PM
*waves flag* That's a great Tear costume! Are you going to make any of her weapons?

Naxul
05-30-2007, 10:50 PM
Yeah actually. I'm planning on making two knives and the Blue Crystal Rod for Anime Expo. I'll also be making a Mieu plushie-- just for the sake of having one. I love mieu xP

Thanks for the comments ^^

kalajessta
05-30-2007, 11:06 PM
I need to make a Mieu plushie soon for my Ion cosplay. I can't wait until I actually start sewing it. It's all cut out currently, sitting on my floor.

tsumikuroi
05-30-2007, 11:16 PM
Yeah actually. I'm planning on making two knives and the Blue Crystal Rod for Anime Expo. I'll also be making a Mieu plushie-- just for the sake of having one. I love mieu xP

Thanks for the comments ^^

Awww. ^^ I just flashed back to the skit in which the girls and Ion tease Tear about finding "him cute when his belly is cold," thinking that Tear was referring to Luke, not Mieu!

kalajessta
05-30-2007, 11:54 PM
Here's a pic of me as Jade at ACen '07. Thanks to Eurobeat King for it. I need to remake the costume though. I didn't have time to line it and I have to find glasses that doesn't change in the sun (that's why they're off). I also need to find a better method to make gloves/bootcovers.

http://www.cosplaylab.com/cosplayers/costumes/details.asp?costumeid=157666

tsumikuroi
05-31-2007, 01:17 AM
Here's a pic of me as Jade at ACen '07. Thanks to Eurobeat King for it. I need to remake the costume though. I didn't have time to line it and I have to find glasses that doesn't change in the sun (that's why they're off). I also need to find a better method to make gloves/bootcovers.

http://www.cosplaylab.com/cosplayers/costumes/details.asp?costumeid=157666

I love the color and the pacman belt = win.

kalajessta
05-31-2007, 04:28 PM
I love the color and the pacman belt = win.

Thanks. Sadly to say, I was the only Jade that had one. I have to get a longer belt though and figure a way to use the belt buckle with the pacman on it. I am glad you like the color though. Finding the right "blue" for Jade was so hard. I'm gonna remake the costume when I loose more weight though. I lost 20 pounds since I moved out in Janurary and hoping to loose 20-30 more.

tsumikuroi
06-01-2007, 06:22 PM
Thanks. Sadly to say, I was the only Jade that had one. I have to get a longer belt though and figure a way to use the belt buckle with the pacman on it. I am glad you like the color though. Finding the right "blue" for Jade was so hard. I'm gonna remake the costume when I loose more weight though. I lost 20 pounds since I moved out in Janurary and hoping to loose 20-30 more.

... That makes me cry, just a little. Because Jade is not Jade without the belt (at least in his default costume).

kalajessta
06-01-2007, 06:30 PM
... That makes me cry, just a little. Because Jade is not Jade without the belt (at least in his default costume).

It makes me cry too. I can understand not having gloves or the bootcovers (since both are a pain to make) but at least have the belt buckle x.x;

Naxul
06-02-2007, 02:57 PM
Quick question:

Any one have any tips for making a Mieu plushie? I'll probably start that later on today or tomorrow. ^^

ryuuraigeki
06-03-2007, 02:05 AM
I finished my standard Luke costume last month! 8D *points to gallery*

Now I'm working on Luke's Dragonbuster, Tactical Leader, and Viscount costumes. And some other minoritized costumes of Luke/Asch. (I really like doing multiple versions of the same character...T_T ...and I love Luke to death.)

Grey Finch
06-03-2007, 02:19 AM
*shuffles in* Hello all! 8D Ahh, I'm so glad there's a board for ToA. Such an amazing game.

Anyway! I've finished my Jade costume a few days ago and just started to add some final touches. I ordered red contacts and found better buttons (also repositioned them, they seemed too far apart x_x) and now I figure I'll make a spear for the sake of having a prop. But I'm kind of torn. I could make it just as the spear he normally has in the figurines and art, or I was also thinking of trying to make it look like it was made out of lightning by using light teal cellophane. ...Does that sound dumb? XD

Anyway, I'd love some suggestions as far as the spear-dilemma goes. <3

ycysusan2001
06-03-2007, 05:39 AM
^^ my Ion's photo is out~
http://members.cosplay.com/costume/85234/

kalajessta
06-03-2007, 11:53 AM
*shuffles in* Hello all! 8D Ahh, I'm so glad there's a board for ToA. Such an amazing game.

Anyway! I've finished my Jade costume a few days ago and just started to add some final touches. I ordered red contacts and found better buttons (also repositioned them, they seemed too far apart x_x) and now I figure I'll make a spear for the sake of having a prop. But I'm kind of torn. I could make it just as the spear he normally has in the figurines and art, or I was also thinking of trying to make it look like it was made out of lightning by using light teal cellophane. ...Does that sound dumb? XD

I want to make the spear as well for my Jade costume, but sometimes I feel like weapons like that arn't truely necessary. I don't know anything about making weapons, unfortunally, but I'm attempting to make Ion's staff by using a dollrod and some magic mold.

Chelli
06-03-2007, 12:19 PM
I really want to cosplay as Natalia. Her bow looks like it'd be fun to make, and I love her outfit (Those boots, though... eep. going to be a pain)

tsumikuroi
06-03-2007, 04:01 PM
^^ my Ion's photo is out~
http://members.cosplay.com/costume/85234/

*stares* *deep breath* YOU ARE SO FREAKIN' CUTE!

*recovers* You make a wonderful Ion. ^____^

The lightning spear sounds cool. ^^ Maybe you can make it out of a very thin, clear pole wrapped in said cellophane, with jagged "lightning" wrapping around the shaft and forming the blade, perhaps made out of wire?

P.S.: Does anyone have a picture of the sword that the party takes from Emperor Peony in his "collection"?

Grey Finch
06-03-2007, 07:02 PM
I want to make the spear as well for my Jade costume, but sometimes I feel like weapons like that arn't truely necessary. I don't know anything about making weapons, unfortunally, but I'm attempting to make Ion's staff by using a dollrod and some magic mold.

Well, it might not be necessary, true, but I think it'd be nice to have aroud for some fighting poses, rather than crazy psuedo-kung foo moves. Somehow I don't see Jade doing that. XD I also wanted to try it 'cause I have a big piece of PVC pipe I never used.

The lightning spear sounds cool. ^^ Maybe you can make it out of a very thin, clear pole wrapped in said cellophane, with jagged "lightning" wrapping around the shaft and forming the blade, perhaps made out of wire?

P.S.: Does anyone have a picture of the sword that the party takes from Emperor Peony in his "collection"?

Using wire sounds like a good idea, I'll have to try that. 8D Thanks for the tip, I think I'll try experimenting a little today and see how it goes.

Do you mean that catalyst weapon? If you need a reference picture, I could draw one out if you wanted. :]

tsumikuroi
06-03-2007, 07:19 PM
Using wire sounds like a good idea, I'll have to try that. 8D Thanks for the tip, I think I'll try experimenting a little today and see how it goes.

Do you mean that catalyst weapon? If you need a reference picture, I could draw one out if you wanted. :]

I have no doubt you will make a fabulous spear. ^^ You are definitely one of the best cosplayers I have seen on this site. I bow to your greatness.

And yes, the catalyst weapon. I know that Peony doesn't have any fight scenes or weaponry for that matter, but I think it's sort of appropriate to see him with the catalyst weapon, since he does "give" it to the party. ^^;;

I remember the name now. Lost Celesti, I believe.

- Q
06-03-2007, 11:56 PM
I had a friend do Tear, and another friend did Dist XP

Grey Finch
06-04-2007, 04:16 AM
I have no doubt you will make a fabulous spear. ^^ You are definitely one of the best cosplayers I have seen on this site. I bow to your greatness.

And yes, the catalyst weapon. I know that Peony doesn't have any fight scenes or weaponry for that matter, but I think it's sort of appropriate to see him with the catalyst weapon, since he does "give" it to the party. ^^;;

I remember the name now. Lost Celesti, I believe.

x3 Thank you! I totally appreciate that <3 Lost Celesti, I remember that. I can try digging up a reference for you tomorrow when I'm not sleep deprived? ^^

I think it'd be cool to carry around! That... and a rappig plushie would be totally adorable. x3

tsumikuroi
06-04-2007, 03:06 PM
x3 Thank you! I totally appreciate that <3 Lost Celesti, I remember that. I can try digging up a reference for you tomorrow when I'm not sleep deprived? ^^

I think it'd be cool to carry around! That... and a rappig plushie would be totally adorable. x3

^^ Thanks to the beauty of YouTube, I've found some taped scenes and have a general idea of what to do for Lost Celesti. It's going to involve quite a bit of guessing, methinks.

I'm also working on the rappig plushie. XP He'll probably come with a leash and be named... JADE.

kalajessta
06-04-2007, 08:23 PM
Alright, I'm a bit stuck on Ion's headdress. I am making it out of craft foam and I was wondering, how do I attach it to the wig? I will have to paint the foam later, but I have to paint the gold outline around the edges.

Grey Finch
06-04-2007, 08:48 PM
^^ Thanks to the beauty of YouTube, I've found some taped scenes and have a general idea of what to do for Lost Celesti. It's going to involve quite a bit of guessing, methinks.

I'm also working on the rappig plushie. XP He'll probably come with a leash and be named... JADE.

XD Oh no! That's delightfully evil. <3 Well, we all know Jade is Peony's favorite... Rappig, that is. x3

Alright, I'm a bit stuck on Ion's headdress. I am making it out of craft foam and I was wondering, how do I attach it to the wig? I will have to paint the foam later, but I have to paint the gold outline around the edges.

You could try fixing some bobby pins/hairpins to the actual headdress? That's the first thing I would think to try. :3

kalajessta
06-04-2007, 08:52 PM
XD Oh no! That's delightfully evil. <3 Well, we all know Jade is Peony's favorite... Rappig, that is. x3

You could try fixing some bobby pins/hairpins to the actual headdress? That's the first thing I would think to try. :3

The only thing is, it's craft foam and very fradigle in that sense.

Ryouko
06-04-2007, 08:55 PM
I'm pretty sure someone else asked this earlier, but I don't think anyone answered. Does anyone have any good advice on making plushies? Most specifically, one of Mieu. I really need to make one for my Luke cosplay. XD

Grey Finch
06-04-2007, 08:57 PM
The only thing is, it's craft foam and very fradigle in that sense.

Oh I know, I've worked with craft foam before and know it's pretty easily-scarred. I would suggest adhering the pins to the very bottom of the headpiece with something like a little hotglue (but only a small amount, since it'd cause the foam to bubble if there was too much at too high of a temperature) so when you secure it to the wig, it won't show. But that's just my two cents. :] You could also try using one of those mini hair-comb things if you're worried about the bobby pins being too rough on the wig or not secure enough.

Ryouko
06-04-2007, 09:01 PM
What about super glue-ing some barrettes to the bottom of the hairpiece, so it can be clipped on?

kalajessta
06-04-2007, 09:06 PM
I'm pretty sure someone else asked this earlier, but I don't think anyone answered. Does anyone have any good advice on making plushies? Most specifically, one of Mieu. I really need to make one for my Luke cosplay. XD

I make plushies for a hobby/side job, but my next plushie for my self is going to be Mieu for my Ion cosplay as well. The only thing is, animal plushies are so hard to create patterns. The best solution, to take each part and split it into patterns by the shapes of him.

kalajessta
06-04-2007, 09:09 PM
Oh I know, I've worked with craft foam before and know it's pretty easily-scarred. I would suggest adhering the pins to the very bottom of the headpiece with something like a little hotglue (but only a small amount, since it'd cause the foam to bubble if there was too much at too high of a temperature) so when you secure it to the wig, it won't show. But that's just my two cents. :] You could also try using one of those mini hair-comb things if you're worried about the bobby pins being too rough on the wig or not secure enough.

Hums, I'll have to get a hold of some hair things. I don't want to specificly glue anything into the wig. I'm thinking of actually making the headdress out of stiff fabric since how fradigle the craftfoam is being. And let alone, it's more difficult then I thought to make.

Naxul
06-04-2007, 09:22 PM
Hums, I'll have to get a hold of some hair things. I don't want to specificly glue anything into the wig. I'm thinking of actually making the headdress out of stiff fabric since how fradigle the craftfoam is being. And let alone, it's more difficult then I thought to make.

Oh man, let me know how Ion's head dress goes. When I start my Tear Grants Proud Maid-- I'll need to make one too. I was hoping I could just reuse my wig for Tear on most of them-- since it's actually easy to put up o_O

I'm insane wanting to make all the outfits of Tear's :3 They'll just so CUTE.

kalajessta
06-04-2007, 09:28 PM
Oh man, let me know how Ion's head dress goes. When I start my Tear Grants Proud Maid-- I'll need to make one too. I was hoping I could just reuse my wig for Tear on most of them-- since it's actually easy to put up o_O

I'm insane wanting to make all the outfits of Tear's :3 They'll just so CUTE.

Do you know where I can find pictures of all their outfits?

Naxul
06-04-2007, 09:34 PM
Yeah, I have one large picture of every one in their outfits but it's only a front view.

Still, nice to have for those who want to make all of a certain character's outfits :3

http://n.ethz.ch/student/wmartin/pictures/ToA%20(JP)%20Alternative%20Costumes.jpg

kalajessta
06-04-2007, 10:13 PM
Yeah, I have one large picture of every one in their outfits but it's only a front view.

Still, nice to have for those who want to make all of a certain character's outfits :3

http://n.ethz.ch/student/wmartin/pictures/ToA%20(JP)%20Alternative%20Costumes.jpg

Thanks~!!

Even though this isn't from ToA, I finally completed Noishe plush from ToS. Thought I would show it off a bit:

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/56870098/

Grey Finch
06-04-2007, 10:38 PM

Oh, I didn't mean to actually glue it to the wig, I mean just to the headpiece so they could clip on the wig. ^^ If you want to stiffen the craftfoam a bit, you can follow this guide here: http://entropyhouse.com/penwiper/costumes/helmsdeep.html

I used it to make my friend's Vincent claw and it's held up really well. Pretty easy instructions too. Should help to increase the durability of it. :3

Naxul: Oh, you aren't crazy. All of Tears outfits are freakin' adorable! x3 I'm kind of sad that Jade doesn't have as many outfits, although I'm kind of tempted to make the "Resort King" title. Just for laughs. XD

Naxul
06-05-2007, 12:35 AM
Naxul: Oh, you aren't crazy. All of Tears outfits are freakin' adorable! x3 I'm kind of sad that Jade doesn't have as many outfits, although I'm kind of tempted to make the "Resort King" title. Just for laughs. XD

omg, do it xDDD I'd love to see people do some alternate outfits of the TOA characters. I think "Doctor Mambo" Jade or the "Evil Fonist?" Jade would be a total win though. :3

Alaina Yagami
06-05-2007, 01:34 AM
This past A-kon had quite a few TotA cosplayers. Mainly saw some Lukes, Tears, one or two Anises, one Jade, one Asch, and one Ion.

IchiHaneTenshi
06-05-2007, 01:45 AM
:D it makes me so happy to see so many TOA cosplayers! I wanna make a Guy costume for an upcoming convention. X3 Heheh. I just hope I can find a Luke to tease.

Grey Finch
06-05-2007, 01:59 AM
omg, do it xDDD I'd love to see people do some alternate outfits of the TOA characters. I think "Doctor Mambo" Jade or the "Evil Fonist?" Jade would be a total win though. :3

XD NO ONE would know who I was. Except you, and maybe someone else. <3 I'd love to do Doctor Mambo Jade! Even if it was just so I could go around telling people they had Lupus. XD

IchiHaneTenshi: Cool! I hope you do manage to do Guy, he's one of my favorites! :D

Ryouko
06-05-2007, 02:02 AM
Yes, we did have a good turnout at A-kon. ^^ and lots of fun, too! I plan on wearing Luke again for Otakon, this time with better gloves, a Mieu, and a Key of Lorelai.

Photos:

http://community.livejournal.com/talesoftheabyss/279848.html

http://community.livejournal.com/talesoftheabyss/278658.html

tsumikuroi
06-05-2007, 03:20 AM
http://www.cosplaywiki.org/index.php/Plushie

These aren't perfect but I think they can give a general direction to head in regarding plushies.

XD NO ONE would know who I was. Except you, and maybe someone else. <3 I'd love to do Doctor Mambo Jade! Even if it was just so I could go around telling people they had Lupus. XD

IchiHaneTenshi: Cool! I hope you do manage to do Guy, he's one of my favorites! :D

Oi! I'd recognize you! My original cosplay for AX was going to be Evil Fonist Jade. But I decided Peony would be more fun. ^^

Hitokiri Hime
06-05-2007, 12:11 PM
*shyly wanders into thread*

I'm cosplaying Tear too!! Well...just getting started really. I was hoping some of you amazing cosplayers could give me some advice to where I should start and stuff..

Naxul
06-05-2007, 04:20 PM
*shyly wanders into thread*

I'm cosplaying Tear too!! Well...just getting started really. I was hoping some of you amazing cosplayers could give me some advice to where I should start and stuff..

I'll help you out. Fellow Tear cosplayers unite XD

First off- I'd suggest you make the pattern yourself. If you'd like to use the one I used, I'll PM you the details. You'll have to bare with me though, this pattern almost killed me, lol.

Grey Finch
06-06-2007, 11:21 PM
Oi! I'd recognize you! My original cosplay for AX was going to be Evil Fonist Jade. But I decided Peony would be more fun. ^^

Okay, well you and Naxul would be the only ones to recognize me then. XD That would've been cool, I love that outfit of his! But I'm glad you're doing Peony, so we can pester each other. Muaha! >D

kalajessta
06-06-2007, 11:59 PM
My superglue idea failed to glueing on Ion's fork to the staff. Does anyone have a good idea to attach it?

tsumikuroi
06-07-2007, 12:14 AM
Okay, well you and Naxul would be the only ones to recognize me then. XD That would've been cool, I love that outfit of his! But I'm glad you're doing Peony, so we can pester each other. Muaha! >D

XP Now now... Does this mean there'll be a diss war?

Grey Finch
06-07-2007, 03:18 AM
XP Now now... Does this mean there'll be a diss war?

If it's a diss war, I'm sure to lose. XD I'm not Jade, I'm not witty. Lets stick with something like thumb wrestling. That I can do. ;D

kalajessta: Try hotglue? I swear by that stuff, use it on nearly all my props.

Hitokiri Hime
06-07-2007, 05:48 AM
I'll help you out. Fellow Tear cosplayers unite XD

First off- I'd suggest you make the pattern yourself. If you'd like to use the one I used, I'll PM you the details. You'll have to bare with me though, this pattern almost killed me, lol.
First of all, I looked at your gallery, and your Tear is amazing!

Some help would be awesome! I don't know how well I could make a pattern though.. I've only used 3 or 4 ordinary patterns to begin with..^^;

I was thinking of getting a knee length dres pattern, then modifying it accordingly, would that cause problems, do you think?

Sorry for the amount of questions, too ^^;

Naxul
06-07-2007, 04:19 PM
First of all, I looked at your gallery, and your Tear is amazing!

Some help would be awesome! I don't know how well I could make a pattern though.. I've only used 3 or 4 ordinary patterns to begin with..^^;

I was thinking of getting a knee length dres pattern, then modifying it accordingly, would that cause problems, do you think?

Sorry for the amount of questions, too ^^;

Don't worry about the questions-- I'm getting showered with PMs about my costumes lately ^^;;;

Making it wasn't all that bad-- just figuring out HOW to make it wasn't fun. I have it though so it's all good. I'm still standing by making it up on newspaper-- all you need are certain measurements then you draw them out-- I'll PM the details if you still want to use it.

There's two things though I'd like to warn you about:

1) PLEASE PLEASE do not put a zipper down the middle of your dress. I've seen that on a few Tear cosplays and it just looks weird, imo. When putting in a zipper, put it on side, where you can hide it with the tear drop like piece of fabric.

2) Use interfacing and boning. A LOT of it. It really helps you keep up the collar, gloves and boot covers. It might bug you around the collar but it's really worth it with the results.

Hope I'm helpful ^^;;

tsumikuroi
06-07-2007, 04:39 PM
If it's a diss war, I'm sure to lose. XD I'm not Jade, I'm not witty. Lets stick with something like thumb wrestling. That I can do. ;D

kalajessta: Try hotglue? I swear by that stuff, use it on nearly all my props.

... *cracks up* The thought of Peony and Jade having a thumb war is just so ridiculous that it cracks my brain.

I've been trying to get a friend of mine to cosplay as Nephry. Sadly, I think it's a lost cause.

Grey Finch
06-07-2007, 04:48 PM
... *cracks up* The thought of Peony and Jade having a thumb war is just so ridiculous that it cracks my brain.

I've been trying to get a friend of mine to cosplay as Nephry. Sadly, I think it's a lost cause.

Oh yes. Then I think it needs to be done. XD

I really wish I could sucker some of my friends into doing Tales cosplay with me, but I'd feel guilty 'cause all the costumes are so dang intricate. A Dist and a Nephyr would be totally awesome... we could all be like a family! Sort of. :]

tsumikuroi
06-07-2007, 04:52 PM
Oh yes. Then I think it needs to be done. XD

I really wish I could sucker some of my friends into doing Tales cosplay with me, but I'd feel guilty 'cause all the costumes are so dang intricate. A Dist and a Nephyr would be totally awesome... we could all be like a family! Sort of. :]

XP

We need Professor Nebilim then, to be that sick, twisted family.

Grey Finch
06-07-2007, 05:06 PM
XP

We need Professor Nebilim then, to be that sick, twisted family.

And then we can all go down to speak with a family psychiatrist. XD

So the contacts I ordered are out of stock in my power, and the only ones close enough to what I needed would take three to four weeks minimun to get here. I was planning to use them for AX too T_T so I asked if I could get anything similar to my prescription that is in stock, or just get some unpowered and wear my normal glasses for Jade. Of coures, that means I'd be blind as a bat when I wear Sheik again. XD

tsumikuroi
06-07-2007, 05:18 PM
And then we can all go down to speak with a family psychiatrist. XD

So the contacts I ordered are out of stock in my power, and the only ones close enough to what I needed would take three to four weeks minimun to get here. I was planning to use them for AX too T_T so I asked if I could get anything similar to my prescription that is in stock, or just get some unpowered and wear my normal glasses for Jade. Of coures, that means I'd be blind as a bat when I wear Sheik again. XD

I thought Jade was the family psychiatrist! He IS a doctor after all. :P

Well, Peony's puffy pants are harder than I expected. But fear not! I'll have a sewing machine soon and the sewing will go much faster.

Grey Finch
06-07-2007, 08:35 PM
I thought Jade was the family psychiatrist! He IS a doctor after all. :P

Well, Peony's puffy pants are harder than I expected. But fear not! I'll have a sewing machine soon and the sewing will go much faster.

This is true. Although the thought of Jade being a psychiatrist troubles me somehow. x)

You don't have a sewing machine? D: Oh my. Well I hope you get one soon! They definitely simplify the cosplay life. :]

Alaina Yagami
06-08-2007, 05:24 AM
I still need to get around to making Ion's headband since I've been wanting to make one for awhile now just for fun.
I'm still thinking of cosplaying as short haired Luke and having my doll cosplay as long haired Luke.

tsumikuroi
06-08-2007, 05:47 AM
This is true. Although the thought of Jade being a psychiatrist troubles me somehow. x)

You don't have a sewing machine? D: Oh my. Well I hope you get one soon! They definitely simplify the cosplay life. :]

There's a doujinshi on deviantart about Jade as a psychiatrist. He "counsels" Ed Elric. It's crack-tastic.

I'm getting it soon. And hopefully I'll have a relative idea on how to use it...

Grey Finch
06-08-2007, 05:57 PM
There's a doujinshi on deviantart about Jade as a psychiatrist. He "counsels" Ed Elric. It's crack-tastic.

I'm getting it soon. And hopefully I'll have a relative idea on how to use it...

Oh snap. I gotta find that one. x) Yeah, hopefully. They're not too hard to get used to, and shoud definitely help with puffy Peony pants (alliterations aside).

tsumikuroi
06-08-2007, 06:27 PM
Oh snap. I gotta find that one. x) Yeah, hopefully. They're not too hard to get used to, and shoud definitely help with puffy Peony pants (alliterations aside).

Puffy Peony Pants... I like it. XP

Grey Finch
06-12-2007, 06:41 PM
I have a REALLY strong urge to cosplay Dist... he's just growing on me by the day.

But not as badly as I want to cosplay NEBILIM akjdfja! I will cosplay that someday. >_>

Naxul
06-12-2007, 07:00 PM
I have a REALLY strong urge to cosplay Dist... he's just growing on me by the day.

But not as badly as I want to cosplay NEBILIM akjdfja! I will cosplay that someday. >_>

...... I would LOVE to see a Nebilim. I considered that too XP

Grey Finch
06-12-2007, 07:05 PM
...... I would LOVE to see a Nebilim. I considered that too XP

...I'm so gonna do it. I'll just go crazy and work on it for like a week straight with no sleep. Then maybe I'll be in the mindset to be as maniacal as Nebilim. XD Should be fun. Making those, uh, crazy wing things. o_o;

Naxul
06-12-2007, 07:20 PM
...I'm so gonna do it. I'll just go crazy and work on it for like a week straight with no sleep. Then maybe I'll be in the mindset to be as maniacal as Nebilim. XD Should be fun. Making those, uh, crazy wing things. o_o;

omg- you're my hero Grey Finch XD

Those wings were my set back D: How are you planning on making those?!

tsumikuroi
06-12-2007, 07:57 PM

I'd worship the ground you walk on if you were Nebilim. Progress is being made on Peony. Not much. But enough. *nurses a blistered/stabbed thumb from sewing canvas*

Grey Finch
06-12-2007, 10:59 PM
Hahaha, thanks! XD UH. Wires and a lot of hot glue + creative placement. XD It'll definitely be a project.

Good to hear Peony's coming along 8D but ouch, canvas. I feel ya there.

tsumikuroi
06-12-2007, 11:14 PM
Hahaha, thanks! XD UH. Wires and a lot of hot glue + creative placement. XD It'll definitely be a project.

Good to hear Peony's coming along 8D but ouch, canvas. I feel ya there.

Double points if the wings move! XP

Grey Finch
06-13-2007, 02:19 AM
Double points if the wings move! XP

Ahaha, that would be fore another time. Unlike Dist, robotics aren't my specialty. XD

Hitokiri Hime
06-14-2007, 05:45 AM
Thanks for your help, Naxul, you're very helpful : ) But, after trying out a few things, I've decided that Tear isn't the right cosplay for me at the moment, so, I'm going to make Legretta instead...looks a bit more simple xD

Naxul
06-14-2007, 12:21 PM
Thanks for your help, Naxul, you're very helpful : ) But, after trying out a few things, I've decided that Tear isn't the right cosplay for me at the moment, so, I'm going to make Legretta instead...looks a bit more simple xD

I'm glad I was able to help you out though ^^;;; Tear isn't really all that easy, I understand. omg though- I'd LOVE to see a Legretta :P

Hitokiri Hime
06-14-2007, 03:41 PM
Legretta is my favourite female character in TotA, and I've never actually seen anyone cosplay her, so it is now my duty to be the best Legretta I can ^^

Naxul
06-14-2007, 05:34 PM
Legretta is my favourite female character in TotA, and I've never actually seen anyone cosplay her, so it is now my duty to be the best Legretta I can ^^

I've actually only seen ONE Legretta.

http://multi.cosplay.ne.jp/cappera/cosplay/6jinsyou_1.jpg

Found it while surfing online today- and there's other god generals in the picture too :D The Largo makes me laugh XD

Grey Finch
06-15-2007, 12:01 AM
Ooh, Legretta, can't wait to see that! Yeah, she's one of my favorites too. I'd have to say Anise was my favorite female though... she's just freakin' adorable. XD

I got my red contacts today and am pretty much in love with them. @_@ I'm gonna go shopping for a better wig tomorrow, the one I have now tangles easily and I'm not too satisfied with the color. D:

Hitokiri Hime
06-15-2007, 12:22 PM
Wow, the Six God Generals are good! I love Arrietta's plushie ^^ The Legretta is good! I have a standard to reach now! : O
Grey Finch, I hope I don't dissapoint! Your Jade is absolutely amazing, by the way! Jade is my favourite male in TotA ^^

I was sitting in my Science GCSE exam today, planning out how to make Legretta ^^;

tsumikuroi
06-15-2007, 04:11 PM
I've actually only seen ONE Legretta.

http://multi.cosplay.ne.jp/cappera/cosplay/6jinsyou_1.jpg

Found it while surfing online today- and there's other god generals in the picture too :D The Largo makes me laugh XD

^^;; And why will I not be surprised that most of those god generals are female?

Naxul
06-15-2007, 04:57 PM
Ooh, Legretta, can't wait to see that! Yeah, she's one of my favorites too. I'd have to say Anise was my favorite female though... she's just freakin' adorable. XD

I got my red contacts today and am pretty much in love with them. @_@ I'm gonna go shopping for a better wig tomorrow, the one I have now tangles easily and I'm not too satisfied with the color. D:

awh- i loved the color of the wig you have though. D:

Just two more weeks guys and then it's Expo- YAY! So who's not finished with their cosplays!? I still need to fix my Tear up ^^;;;

Frida_chan
06-15-2007, 09:05 PM
Its not my costume, but its my sister's
And wooo... I Love how she looks on her Natalia's Costume!!
Please go an take a look n.n:
http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=1026571
Comment if you like it :]

You can find moore pics of her in my gallery, and soon... I'll bring you my Anise costume ;3

Grey Finch
06-15-2007, 10:27 PM
Wow, the Six God Generals are good! I love Arrietta's plushie ^^ The Legretta is good! I have a standard to reach now! : O
Grey Finch, I hope I don't dissapoint! Your Jade is absolutely amazing, by the way! Jade is my favourite male in TotA ^^

I was sitting in my Science GCSE exam today, planning out how to make Legretta ^^;

Thank you! ^^ I'm sure your Legretta is gonna be awesome <3

Naxul: Awuh, thanks :3 Well, the wig I found today is pretty much the same color but a little bit darker and, uh, Jade-y like. XD

Naxul
06-16-2007, 04:47 AM
Its not my costume, but its my sister's
And wooo... I Love how she looks on her Natalia's Costume!!
Please go an take a look n.n:
http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=1026571
Comment if you like it :]

You can find moore pics of her in my gallery, and soon... I'll bring you my Anise costume ;3

Very lovely Natalia!! I love seeing all of these Tales of the Abyss cosplayers so much. Can't wait for the Anise Frida_Chan!

Grey Finch: Jade-y xD nice. OMG, i can't wait for Anime Expo anymore =]

Hitokiri Hime
06-16-2007, 12:15 PM
Aw, I wish I could go to Anime Expo and see all your costumes...but unfortunately, I live in England :(
Legretta has begun! Currently have the thigh high boots, and the red sash done! Boot covers are evil...especially without a sewing machine..

Naxul
06-16-2007, 08:26 PM
Aw, I wish I could go to Anime Expo and see all your costumes...but unfortunately, I live in England :(
Legretta has begun! Currently have the thigh high boots, and the red sash done! Boot covers are evil...especially without a sewing machine..

Oh god, boot covers are evil in general D: I made some once for Alexiel from Angel Sanctuary (I don't have any pictures of it up though ;__;). Never want to make them agaaaaaaain. Watch, I'll end up making them again xD

We'll take plenty of pictures at Anime Expo for you :3 I really want to see you're Legretta though! Take a bunch once it's done! =]

Ryouko
06-16-2007, 09:18 PM
I had posted a few pages back about making a plush of Meiu, and the responses were a lot of help (especially the plush making help site). So thanks, everyone! Now I can finally present my very own Meiu. XD

http://www.kishuku.com/cosplay/meiu2.jpg

It's not the most fantastic plush ever made, but it's my first. So uh... at least he's not falling apart (yet).

Grey Finch
06-16-2007, 11:07 PM

Oh jeezus yes they are. The majority of the time I spent on Jade was to make those stupid boot covers. x_x

Ryouko: That's so cute! *o* Dude, awesome job for it being a first plushie! XD

tsumikuroi
06-16-2007, 11:13 PM
I had posted a few pages back about making a plush of Meiu, and the responses were a lot of help (especially the plush making help site). So thanks, everyone! Now I can finally present my very own Meiu. XD

http://www.kishuku.com/cosplay/meiu2.jpg

It's not the most fantastic plush ever made, but it's my first. So uh... at least he's not falling apart (yet).

Adorable! If I can do HALF as well with my "Jade," I'll be happy.

Grey Finch
06-16-2007, 11:18 PM
Adorable! If I can do HALF as well with my "Jade," I'll be happy.

D:! I want a Jade plushie. XD Actually, I want a Dist and Peony plushie (it'd probably go better with my cosplay <3)

Ryouko
06-16-2007, 11:31 PM
haha, a Jade plushie would be awesome. XD and thanks guys!

tsumikuroi
06-16-2007, 11:36 PM
Don't you two encourage me!

When I meant "Jade," I mean the "cute one." Get it? XP

Hitokiri Hime
06-17-2007, 10:46 AM
Naxul: Yay, I can't wait for all your pictures ^^ Your cotumes are all amazing, by the way...wish I could go and be part of your group too ^^ I'll make sure to take lots of Legretta pictures too..curently at about 20% completed ^^

Ryouko: Aww! That plushie is the cutest ever! Ever considered doing comissions? I may make a Tear plushie with my Legretta, purely for fun xD

Ryouko
06-17-2007, 12:06 PM
My work schedule and other cosplays keep me pretty busy, but I am making another Meiu for a friend of mine that cosplays Ion. I do not mind making more, I just may be slow at it. ^_^; The materials cost was around $20 I think, with all the coupons I had hoarded.

Hitokiri Hime
06-17-2007, 01:02 PM
Ryouko, did you use a specific pattern, or did you make one from scratch? If you modified one, could you poibly post a link to it? Thanks <3 I really want a Meiu plushie ^^

Naxul
06-17-2007, 02:42 PM
Ryouko: OMG- that plushie is so CUTE!! I hope mine comes out just as good. :3 Any tips you would like to share?

Ryouko
06-18-2007, 12:11 AM
I made my own pattern from scratch. ^^ I put downloadable scans of my pattern as well as tips of how I made him right here:

http://community.livejournal.com/talesoftheabyss/298443.html

Hitokiri Hime
06-19-2007, 05:01 AM
Legretta seems to be progressing well! :D Just need to finish the gloves (sewing through leather hurt..*nurses blistered hands), modify some guns, and actually make the dress design, though that shouldn't be too hard.

One thing though, would any of you lovely people have a screenshot or something of the back of Legretta's first costume? I can remember it, sort of, but a reference would be great <3

tsumikuroi
06-20-2007, 02:05 AM
Puffy pants have been sewn! *raises fists in triumph* Thanks to my sewing machine!

Grey Finch
06-20-2007, 02:43 AM
I wanna see progress pictures you two! XD Although I suppose I can wait eight days to see Peony. But patience has never been my strong suit. :]

Sorry, I can't find anything on Legretta's back, although I know what it looks like. XD You could go to the Character Disk in Yulia City in Tears room and just check it out there?

Hitokiri Hime
06-20-2007, 07:38 AM
I wanna see progress pictures you two! XD Although I suppose I can wait eight days to see Peony. But patience has never been my strong suit. :]

Sorry, I can't find anything on Legretta's back, although I know what it looks like. XD You could go to the Character Disk in Yulia City in Tears room and just check it out there?

I'll get some pics later for you ^^ I'm actually not at that part of the game yet, but my boyfgriend peomised he'd show me at some point, but until then, Legretta is on hold :(

Soph-Chan
06-23-2007, 12:03 AM
..Hi, I'm new to the site and tried to cosplay Jade at Animazement this year, but was unable to get the costume ready in time.

...Unfortunately, it still isn't finished...Anyway though, It's good to know there are TOA cosplayers out there. I only saw 2 Lukes and an Asch at Animazement(Also, my first con) and so, I felt bad I hadn't been able to finish up my costume.

Still though, it would be cool to get a group together. I personally don't know if I can go to any other cons out of North Carolina, unless I get some SERIOUS babysitting money over the summer, but meh...who knows.

...But, I'm ranting. I hope to meet some of you guys at another con sometime! ^_^U

Naxul
06-23-2007, 01:09 AM
I made my own pattern from scratch. ^^ I put downloadable scans of my pattern as well as tips of how I made him right here:

http://community.livejournal.com/talesoftheabyss/298443.html

o.o I love you Ryouko xD Thank you so much! First time making a plushie and I REALLY need something like this to help me! You will be worshipped now by me! =]

kalajessta
06-23-2007, 01:11 AM
I'm looking for full-length art of Frings. He's in plans for a later con this year and it's impossible to find any art of him at all online. I only have one piece and unfortuanlly, it cuts off most of his lower half of his costume. Also, what color is his hair? Some say silver, some say blonde. I think it's blonde, but I'm not sure my self.

Naxul
06-23-2007, 01:35 AM
I know someone on here actually cosplayed as Frings. They had their wig as a white or something like that (with the lighting in the pictures, I think it's a white, can't tell):

http://members.cosplay.com/costume/82554/

as for pictures, i'll keep an eye out.

Issu
06-23-2007, 07:00 PM
..Hi, I'm new to the site and tried to cosplay Jade at Animazement this year, but was unable to get the costume ready in time.

I hope to meet some of you guys at another con sometime! ^_^U
Nice to have you ^^
Awesome choice in choosing Jade. I hope you get a chance to finish it sou we can see it :D I know what you mean about feeling bad about not finishing costumes. I'd still consider myself just early on the cosplay scene and I'm only just learning to finish all my costumes. I haven't been to a con yet without at least one and its terrible. xDD

AniGirl15
06-23-2007, 10:23 PM
*inches in* ... hi! *waves nervously*

I'm making a Sync cosplay for Otakon, and I finished up his mask. I'd like to know what everyone thinks of it:
(I also found out that my green fabric looks darker in pictures...) (http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/AniGirl15/Cosplay/Mask1-1.jpg)

It's a bit more yellow than I'd have liked, but since the fabric is already on it, I can't do much about that. The mask gets held by elastic which will be hidden beneath the wig. Also, I can see through it pretty well (http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/AniGirl15/Cosplay/Mask2.jpg), since the red fabric I used for it is so thin.

Naxul
06-24-2007, 01:59 AM
*inches in* ... hi! *waves nervously*

I'm making a Sync cosplay for Otakon, and I finished up his mask. I'd like to know what everyone thinks of it:
(I also found out that my green fabric looks darker in pictures...) (http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/AniGirl15/Cosplay/Mask1-1.jpg)

It's a bit more yellow than I'd have liked, but since the fabric is already on it, I can't do much about that. The mask gets held by elastic which will be hidden beneath the wig. Also, I can see through it pretty well (http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/AniGirl15/Cosplay/Mask2.jpg), since the red fabric I used for it is so thin.

That mask looks hella cool AniGirl15!!! Can't wait to see it finished! ^^

Hitokiri Hime
06-24-2007, 07:24 AM
Wow, AniGirl15, that mask is great! I can't wait to see your finished costume; The Six God Generals are awesome, it's great to see another one!

I finally got reference pictures! So, Legretta is up and running again. I decided to edge the black dress with gold binding..I know that isn't entirely accurate, but I think it finishes the costume off well.
I really need to take pictures, don't I? So I can get all your opinnions.

Hope your costumes for Anime Expo are going well :D

EDIT: I just got my wig! Yay!

crazy_kuroi
06-25-2007, 12:42 AM
*slides in and stands against wall, glancing around*
I'm Kuroi, I'm new, and I'm planning on cosplaying Tear in the Cool Girl costume from the end of the game.

It's the first costume I've ever sewn, so I'm really nervous about it, but it's coming along fairly well. I'm planning on having it done for Anime Expo, and hopefully one of the rods (I'd like the Fonic Rod, but I may do the art one for the sake of time).

Hope to see some of you at AX on Sunday! (rest of the days as well ^_^;;)

Grey Finch
06-25-2007, 04:30 AM
Ooh, so many new people! XD

Soph-Chan: Yay, excellent character choice for cosplay! *not playing favorites at all!* Hope you finish soon so we can see it! :]

AniGirl15: Are you going to the Tales gathering then? If so, I'll see you at Otakon! :D And the mask looks really good!

crazy_kuroi: Oh, I love that outfit of Tear's x3 Excellent, I'll be seeing you at AX then! :]

Hitokiri Hime
06-25-2007, 10:49 AM
crazy_kuroi : Wow, I love that Costume of Tear's! Looks really well done =D

Hopefully should have Legretta pics soon.. I've not got a digital camera, so I'm having to steal my boyfriend's.

I really need a sewing machine...

unlock
06-25-2007, 05:17 PM
Just trying my luck...

But is there a Tear cosplayer that'll be available for a consplayers.com photoshoot on Sunday? Around 2 pm? We just lost our our's. No need to worry about the photoshoot fee as I'll cover you. PM me or something. X3

We have the rest of the main cast + Dist & Arrieta. God Generals welcome too! :V

Soph-Chan
06-26-2007, 12:42 AM
Thanks for welcoming me, Issu! And thanks to both you and Grey Finch for complimenting me on my choice of character and costume. I can tell it'll be really hard to make, but, you know what? He's my fave character!

Besides, a girl's gotta dream!

I saw some of the pics some of you guys who did TOA cosplays already, just to get an idea and, I must say, Naxul: I saw your gallery thus far and your cosplay group was amazing!...The one I saw anyway. Oh, and I just saw your gallery now as well, Grey Finch! You make a perfect Jade Curtiss!^_^ As do you, gottabegenki

Hopefully I'll get the time to boredly look at others cosplay pics: I'm stuck online almost all day having to re-do this Geometry class online because...well, math is my worst subject-enough said. I have nothing better to do...but, on the same note, I mean that in a good way, and not in an offensive way. *nods*

Anyway, thanks again and everything!^^U

Grey Finch
06-26-2007, 01:47 AM
Soph-Chan: You're welcome, and thank you very much! n_n

Well, Jade can be a touch difficult, but you just have to have patience. If you need any help while you're making it, I'd be happy to help. :D

Naxul
06-26-2007, 02:28 AM
Soph-Chan: thank you so much ^^ glad you liked it.

crazy_kuroi: i love that outfit of Tear's so much! i want to make it someday too, but i'm lazy and such, lol. can't wait to see it at Anime Expo!

Soph-Chan
06-26-2007, 02:34 AM
I'm going to have to work on the patience factor, but, I have confidence. Besides, I've never really had the chance to make my own costume by using my new sewing machine I got for my birthday this year, so I'm really excited to start using it.

And I can see where you'd definately need the patience. I might have to take you up on that offer for help.^^U I don't know where to start to be honest...

Well, my mom's being annoying and threatening that I don't want to get her irritated. *Resists rolling eyes* I better go before she decides to give me a long lecture or something. *Gulps* Bye! ^^U

And welcomes Naxul. To be honest, you were one of the first Tear cosplayers I've ever seen.^_^

unlock
06-26-2007, 11:10 AM
Soph-Chan: You're welcome, and thank you very much! n_n

Well, Jade can be a touch difficult, but you just have to have patience. If you need any help while you're making it, I'd be happy to help. :D

Whoah~ slow on the uptake but... you were the other Jade at Fanime! I remember you! <3

You were a pretty awesome Edgeworth too. XD

ChibiTifa05
06-26-2007, 11:53 AM
I actually just started playing Tales of the Abyss like...three days ago, and I love how cute Anise is! I may cosplay her next year for Otakon or something. Her outfit is adorable and so is she! XD

Grey Finch
06-26-2007, 08:45 PM
Whoah~ slow on the uptake but... you were the other Jade at Fanime! I remember you! <3

You were a pretty awesome Edgeworth too. XD

And you were the Jade I hugged! <3 Aha, hope that didn't weird you out. XD Why thank you~ and you were an awesome Phoenix! :D

ChibiTifa05: Oh, Anise is just adorable x3 I hope you do! The world needs more Anises. x]

Soph-Chan
06-26-2007, 09:42 PM
I also hope you cosplay as Anise, ChibiTifa05!^_^ That would be awesome!

I also have something to add, by the way! Have any of you guys performed any Tales skits before or anything? I found some ATTEMPTS(And by that, I mean I never finished them or had to put them away before the bell rang.) of "Tales" skits in the black hole that is my bookbag, and if any of you like some of my ideas, and want to try them, well...I'm glad to share them. It's either that or the trash can, because my friends are forcing my to write Kingdom Hearts skits right now. And I only played and finished KH2 completely(I've only had a PS2 for a year and a half now, so yeah...I was never much of a gamer until I discovered the "Tales of" games and most of my friends are rabid, yaoi fangirls...they've even turned me into one. O.O).

Ok, but enough of the rant. If any of you want to look at some of my ideas, pm me I guess. :bashful:

kalajessta
06-26-2007, 09:54 PM
I also hope you cosplay as Anise, ChibiTifa05!^_^ That would be awesome!

I also have something to add, by the way! Have any of you guys performed any Tales skits before or anything? I found some ATTEMPTS(And by that, I mean I never finished them or had to put them away before the bell rang.) of "Tales" skits in the black hole that is my bookbag, and if any of you like some of my ideas, and want to try them, well...I'm glad to share them. It's either that or the trash can, because my friends are forcing my to write Kingdom Hearts skits right now. And I only played and finished KH2 completely(I've only had a PS2 for a year and a half now, so yeah...I was never much of a gamer until I discovered the "Tales of" games and most of my friends are rabid, yaoi fangirls...they've even turned me into one. O.O).

Ok, but enough of the rant. If any of you want to look at some of my ideas, pm me I guess. :bashful:

I would go with a Tales of skit because truthfully, I'm so sick of Kingdom Hearts ones and it's always about yaoi, yaoi and yaoi. At Youma Con there were three Kindom Heart skits right in a row, and guess what they were all about? Sora and Riku. WTF. It was sicking. I would love to see more Tales of skits.

Soph-Chan
06-26-2007, 10:11 PM
I'm sick of the many Kingdom Hearts skits TOO! And I only went to one con thus far! *Sighs* But, I'm a culprit of making a yaoi KH skit myself. I mean, my friends may be threatening to attack me with their evil yaoi fangirl powers, but the other thing is, only a 1 or 2 of my friends in the Charlotte, Weddington and/or Matthews area have actually PLAYED any of the Tales of games. I want to do something with them...

Wait a minute! I had an idea: How about a Tales of/Kingdom Hearts crossover? I can be lazy by not making an Axel costume in addition to the other costumes I WANT to wear, and, at the same time, do a skit with my friends, that they'll understand! I'm no big fan of crossovers...AT ALL, but as long as my friends/group agree, then that'll be all I need to make it my own! No more restricted to KH-esque ideas!

...Now if only I could convince some others to be Tales of characters...fufufu...

kalajessta
06-26-2007, 11:33 PM
I'm sick of the many Kingdom Hearts skits TOO! And I only went to one con thus far! *Sighs* But, I'm a culprit of making a yaoi KH skit myself. I mean, my friends may be threatening to attack me with their evil yaoi fangirl powers, but the other thing is, only a 1 or 2 of my friends in the Charlotte, Weddington and/or Matthews area have actually PLAYED any of the Tales of games. I want to do something with them...

Wait a minute! I had an idea: How about a Tales of/Kingdom Hearts crossover? I can be lazy by not making an Axel costume in addition to the other costumes I WANT to wear, and, at the same time, do a skit with my friends, that they'll understand! I'm no big fan of crossovers...AT ALL, but as long as my friends/group agree, then that'll be all I need to make it my own! No more restricted to KH-esque ideas!

...Now if only I could convince some others to be Tales of characters...fufufu...

Personally, I hate any crossover, if it involves a skit, fan fic, etc. Plus they just don't fit together well. If it was made by Disney etc, then I can say maybe but it just doesn't have a good feeling with me.

Soph-Chan
06-27-2007, 12:37 AM
I understand what you mean by that too, kalajessta. Heck, I probably won't make a crossover thing. The crossovers I've seen on stage have been too confusing for me to be honest. *Nods* Still, if I do end up making one, I guess I'll be the one suffering the consequences...mentally berating myself over why I wanted to do this in the first place...no passion in the story: That kind of thing.O.o

crazy_kuroi
06-27-2007, 03:30 AM
@Soph-chan: As far as crossovers go, for skits, the more you like your material, the better it'll come off. That's basically true of all skits, but even more so for crossovers. I've seen some horrid ones, some okay ones, but also, some really awesome ones (one of which was a KHII/Naruto crossover that you had to see to believe it was good) If you like your material, it'll show, and you'll have more fun. If you don't...well then...you're kinda screwed.

@Hitokiri Hime: Thanks! I'm really nervous about how it'll turn out, but also kinda excited, so I'm extremely glad you think it's turning out well! ^_^

@Grey Finch and Naxul: ^_^ Saw you both at Fanime, and I'll see you again at AX- this time I'll actually be participating in the photoshoot, instead of off to the sidelines, or snagging other people's pictures ^_^;;

I finished the staff this evening (well, I still have to paint the wires yellow and maybe do some black detailing), but it's molded and painted, and tomorrow I go in to finish my outfit (taking in the top, finishing the gloves, adding ribbon and details, and fixing the hem)

Hitokiri Hime
06-27-2007, 06:09 AM
crazy_kuroi: Can't wait to see the finished costume! I know what you mean about being nervous though, I'm terrified of cutting the piece of material wrong and having to start over, and without a sewing machine, that gets difficult ^^;

Soph-Chan
06-27-2007, 10:56 AM
^^U Thanks crazy_Kuroi!

...Well, now that I think about it, JAC productions do some awesome skits and they've made crossover skits...and there was this funny Ninja of the night skit of youtube...I didn't understand it at first, but then, they fixed the audio and it made me feel relieved. A little confused still, but relieved. *Shrugs*

Still, too many kh skits lately! I'm going to try to help bring the "Tales of" games their former glory! ...Or something like that! *Maniacal laughter* In any case, I need to start writing again. My left hand depends on that!

And I can't wait to see your finished costume either, crazy_Kuroi! I'm sure it'll be amazing!^^

sunbeam482
06-27-2007, 01:01 PM
I would go with a Tales of skit because truthfully, I'm so sick of Kingdom Hearts ones and it's always about yaoi, yaoi and yaoi. At Youma Con there were three Kindom Heart skits right in a row, and guess what they were all about? Sora and Riku. WTF. It was sicking. I would love to see more Tales of skits.

*jumps in conversation*

Yeah, I remember that. Like the one that won was okay (Cheaters Never Prosper) because it actually had other stuff in it besides yaoi and it was funny. But I just remember this one where all that happened was a Roxas and Axel walked on and kissed, that was it..>.>...done ranting.

Anyways, I think if someone did a Tales skit that'd be awesome. I know my friend and I had been talking about writing one since we're going to have a pretty decent sized group for Ikasucon, but we were worried if enough people would actually recognize ToA.

Issu
06-27-2007, 09:57 PM
Anyways, I think if someone did a Tales skit that'd be awesome. I know my friend and I had been talking about writing one since we're going to have a pretty decent sized group for Ikasucon, but we were worried if enough people would actually recognize ToA.
I'd say its well known enough to go for it. Besides, the cast is funny enough together that I don't think people would mind not knowing, so long as they're in character. :)

crazy_kuroi
06-27-2007, 10:53 PM
I would love to see a TotA skit. Even if there's a chance that people won't recognize it, there are always skits that people don't recognize, but are still very good. Like I said before, as long as the performers like their skit, it'll carry out to the audience, and it won't really matter whether or not they recognize the cast.

A tip for if you want to make it more non-fandom friendly- try not to include too many place names, or refer to too many events. Play off the character's personalities and interactions. Use events and place names, for all means, but use them in a way that won't confuse people out of the know.

btw, costume is finished! ^_^ I also finished the staff. I'll upload the pictures of me in full costume holding the staff when I'm not on a laptop.

Rekka
06-28-2007, 03:51 AM
Hey there. Just posting here in need of some help in finding the right Jade color/wig at cosworx. I've only ordered black wigs before, minus the red one I used for my Reno, so I haven't had any worries. But I want to make sure the color's pretty accurate... :S

Of course I can style it some, but I'd rather not cut. I'm not so great at that.

Any help is appreciated! Thank you. :)

Ryouko
06-28-2007, 11:32 AM
While it wasn't at cosworx, I did get my Jade wig from wowwigs.com. I was really happy with the quality of it when I received it, and it arrived in a really nice hard plastic bag to keep it that way.

http://store.wowwigs.com/jewel1.html <- the wig I ordered

Hitokiri Hime
06-29-2007, 07:53 AM
Hopefully going to get the black dress part of Legretta and the gloves finished tomorrow.

Okay, question time. Is the white top under the dress like a shirt, with a shirt collar, or is it more of a mandarin style collar, similar to Luke's? My reference pictures are deciding to be awkward and change what it actually looks like >_< It looks like a shirt collar to me, but I could be wrong.

I had a great idea for the boots though; make them longer, then cut the Yulia symbol out lower down.. no-one'll never know, plus, my boots'll stay up! I'm also going to cheat, and wear skin colored tights, then sew a few tiny stitches into the boots and the tights at the top, so they wont wrinkle. Good idea?

As for skits, I was just going to do a walk on, do a few poses, then walk off. Like crazy_kuroi said, it doesn't matter if they don't know the characters, anyone can enjoy a well done costume and skit, in my opinion.

Wow... Long post ^^;

Rekka
06-29-2007, 04:30 PM
While it wasn't at cosworx, I did get my Jade wig from wowwigs.com. I was really happy with the quality of it when I received it, and it arrived in a really nice hard plastic bag to keep it that way.

http://store.wowwigs.com/jewel1.html <- the wig I ordered

Oooh, that looks nice. What color did you order it in? (Because I was thinking Auburn Blonde, but it seems that it's not available in that color...)

Ryouko
06-29-2007, 06:53 PM
I believe I got the F16 w/22 color, which basically comes out to be a dark blonde or so. Here's me wearing the wig in my (much needs work) Jade costume.

http://www.kishuku.com/akon07/6jade.jpg

kalajessta
06-29-2007, 07:49 PM
Jade isn't really a "blonde". I ordered a orange-brass blonde wig from amphigory.com. The wig came out to be a perfect color. It's kind of ironic though, the wig matches my cat xD;;

Rekka
06-29-2007, 11:20 PM
I believe I got the F16 w/22 color, which basically comes out to be a dark blonde or so. Here's me wearing the wig in my (much needs work) Jade costume.

http://www.kishuku.com/akon07/6jade.jpg

Ah, ok. Thanks!

Rekka
06-29-2007, 11:25 PM
Jade isn't really a "blonde". I ordered a orange-brass blonde wig from amphigory.com. The wig came out to be a perfect color. It's kind of ironic though, the wig matches my cat xD;;

I agree that his hair is more orangey. Do you remember exactly which wig you ordered and what choice of color you chose (because the colors may look differently on the comp, so I don't want to choose the wrong one)?

And do you have a picture by any chance?

ChibiTifa05
06-30-2007, 01:17 PM
Ok, because I'm just about 60 percent through Tales of the Abyss and I know a lot about Anise's character now (she's hilarious!) I now have to cosplay her for Katsucon, along with Meredy from Eternia. Anyone going to Katsucon next year as an Abyss or Eternia character? I would love to meet up.

kalajessta
06-30-2007, 01:27 PM
I agree that his hair is more orangey. Do you remember exactly which wig you ordered and what choice of color you chose (because the colors may look differently on the comp, so I don't want to choose the wrong one)?

And do you have a picture by any chance?

I personally don't like my wig too much because it's too short for Jade. I mean, it works, but Jade's hair goes to his mid-back. My wig only fell to shoulder length. One good thing about amphigory, is they have alot of wigs that comes in the same colors.

Rekka
07-01-2007, 02:30 AM
I personally don't like my wig too much because it's too short for Jade. I mean, it works, but Jade's hair goes to his mid-back. My wig only fell to shoulder length. One good thing about amphigory, is they have alot of wigs that comes in the same colors.

Ah, ok; I see. But is the color good? That's mostly what I'm worried about.

kalajessta
07-01-2007, 04:58 PM
Ah, ok; I see. But is the color good? That's mostly what I'm worried about.

Oh yes. The color I love to death. Also, you can email amphigory, asking which wigs come in the orangy-blond color. They're very good with their customer services.

Chiclet
07-01-2007, 07:02 PM
*pops in* Er, right. Going as Ion to the San Diego Comic-Con, with a friend as Sheena from ToS. Hur-hur. So far I've planned it and purchased the materials, though what I'm going to do about the headband is still kind of up in the air. :] So, if it's no trouble, advice on how to handle that would be much appreciated.

starfire28
07-01-2007, 07:30 PM
*jumps in conversation*

Yeah, I remember that. Like the one that won was okay (Cheaters Never Prosper) because it actually had other stuff in it besides yaoi and it was funny. But I just remember this one where all that happened was a Roxas and Axel walked on and kissed, that was it..>.>...done ranting.

Tales of the Abyss at IKASUCON?!?!?!? I LOVE YOU. Lol DO ITTTT. I brainwashed....er...convinced my friends that Tales of the Abyss is awesome so we'd all be laughing and cheering you guys on like dorks...unless it was a serious skit where someone like...died, because that would be bad if we were laughing xD

Kenlink Wilder
07-01-2007, 08:01 PM
I'm going to do Asche! It will probably be difficult, but I'm sure I can handle it. It will be done sometime later this year or next, depending on my tight schedule... ><!

kalajessta
07-01-2007, 09:22 PM
Tales of the Abyss at IKASUCON?!?!?!? I LOVE YOU. Lol DO ITTTT. I brainwashed....er...convinced my friends that Tales of the Abyss is awesome so we'd all be laughing and cheering you guys on like dorks...unless it was a serious skit where someone like...died, because that would be bad if we were laughing xD

There's actually going to be a big group of us at Ikasu Con. I'm going as Peony, I have a Dist, Jade, and a few others that are coming along at Ikasu Con.

sunbeam482
07-02-2007, 09:54 PM

LOL I guess you can say I was someone myself who was brainwashed into obsession for it XD Well, we really hope to do one, the only problem then is just coming up with an idea...but if not, we were talking about doing a walk-on atleast. :)

sinalchemy
07-03-2007, 01:06 AM
*is totally late but whatever*

I'll be cosplaying Jade at AFW in Kansas aka The Con That Virtually No One Knows About. :D

I just need to find a pattern and I'll be set. ^^;

crazy_kuroi
07-04-2007, 08:47 PM
Ok, because I'm just about 60 percent through Tales of the Abyss and I know a lot about Anise's character now (she's hilarious!) I now have to cosplay her for Katsucon, along with Meredy from Eternia. Anyone going to Katsucon next year as an Abyss or Eternia character? I would love to meet up.
I'm going to try to go to Katsucon next year! I'll most likely wear Tear in the Cool Girl outfit at least one of the days again, since it will be too cold to do the Rental Beauty outfit.

tsumikuroi
07-05-2007, 10:47 PM
Well, after a long absence... Peony is DONE. ^_^ *crickets*

And I have to say, Grey Finch, your Jade is AMAZING, and being called "Your Majesty" was even more of an experience. ^____^

Hitokiri Hime
07-07-2007, 10:00 AM
Yay, finally got my wig ^^ It just needs a cut and styling, and it's perfect :D I tried to have a play with the white skirt, but it went wrong, so I need to do that again..

My costume is currently a mix of the in game art, and the concept art...will that matter too much?

ycysusan2001
07-07-2007, 10:16 AM
Is anyone going to San Diego Comic-con?

AkinaSumora
07-07-2007, 10:57 PM
I wish, but no. I'm going to Otakon! As Tear! And this time, I'll have a wig!

And a cheagle!

...and hopefully a Luke. ^_^

unlock
07-07-2007, 11:17 PM
If anyone's going to ComicCon! Let's play! I'll probably bring my Jade. <3

And our Tales of the Abyss photoshoot from Consplayers is finally up. Please take a look if you can: http://unlock.livejournal.com/162350.html

We were able to collect the whole main cast. X3

kalajessta
07-07-2007, 11:39 PM
I made my first Cheagle plushie this week: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v331/kalajessta/Picture204.jpg

I am making Cheagle plushies to sell in various artist alleys at cons in the coming year. I have to fix out some things with the pattern, but it turned out pretty decently. I just have to figure out a way to get a tail on it though.

Terranell
07-08-2007, 06:32 PM
Oh my gosh, that cheagle plushie is too cute for words! I've always wanted one of my own. =P

tsumikuroi
07-09-2007, 10:33 AM
It is cute. ^^

Question is: Is it fuzzy?

AkinaSumora
07-09-2007, 07:58 PM
Ok I have plushie pics!

Cheagle with Tokunaga plushie (http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a156/AkinaSumora/My%20Real%20Photos/CheagleandToku.jpg)

Attack of the Plushies! (http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a156/AkinaSumora/My%20Real%20Photos/Attackoftheplushies.jpg)

FeelLikeRain
07-09-2007, 08:16 PM
Eep, I've fallen behind so badly on my various cosplay endeavours ... *wince* Bu~t I'm gonna go resumé-handing-out tomorrow or so, so that I can hopefully get a job and earn some money to finance getting the many supplies I'll need. However! I -am- asking for a very long wig for my birthday to use for Luke. ^_^;; I'm going to get it in pale blonde initially, then dye it myself -- I'd really rather not have it be either really dark or fluorescent red, but as natural a colour as it can be. Dunno yet what I'll be doing about my eyebrows. *curses being brunette* Yay for attempting to pass as a natural redhead. <.<

ANYWAY! Holy HELL, genki, those costumes are AMAZING. O___O I love your Jade, but everybody looks awesome.

Ryouko
07-09-2007, 11:14 PM
I finished my Key of Lorelei today (minus the gloss acrylic coating):
http://www.kishuku.com/cosplay/luke/key.jpg

As well as got in my new wig, minus the orange extensions which are still on their way:
http://www.kishuku.com/cosplay/luke_wig.jpg

lolz long-haired Luke with a Key of Lorelei. Continuity wat.

So stoked for Otakon!

PS: Those cheagles are adorably cute!

tsumikuroi
07-10-2007, 12:35 AM
Well, it's official. I'm starting on Evil Fonist Jade. I hope to debut by ALA '08. ^^ Wish me luck, everyone!

I have the fabric for his cloak at least, a very, very lovely burgundy moleskin.

Hitokiri Hime
07-10-2007, 06:00 AM
AkinaSumora: Hah, attack of the plushies! I want your Luke action figure ^_^

I'm so happy, my parents said they'd get me a Tear costume comisioned! So, I'm not sure to continue with Legretta and wear that one, or do Tear....

I may just do both, and see which looks better.

Chiclet
07-10-2007, 07:46 PM
Is anyone going to San Diego Comic-con?

I am~! I'm also going as Ion. XD

Terranell
07-10-2007, 09:07 PM
Eep, I've fallen behind so badly on my various cosplay endeavours ... *wince* Bu~t I'm gonna go resumé-handing-out tomorrow or so, so that I can hopefully get a job and earn some money to finance getting the many supplies I'll need. However! I -am- asking for a very long wig for my birthday to use for Luke. ^_^;; I'm going to get it in pale blonde initially, then dye it myself -- I'd really rather not have it be either really dark or fluorescent red, but as natural a colour as it can be. Dunno yet what I'll be doing about my eyebrows. *curses being brunette* Yay for attempting to pass as a natural redhead. <.<

If nothing else, just pull the "ZOMG LUKE'S A BOTTLE REDHEAD!" card. XP Dying wigs can be fun but I've been having a very difficult time with red/pink colors. Garrarhagahsdkjlf. I'm sure you can do it, I have faith in you. ^^

I'm getting so jealous of everyone that's going to Otakon. I'm also frustrated because I am in a HUGE Tales hype lately and I don't have the money or time to start on the costumes I want to make. I do know that my friend and I are getting started on our ToA cosplays next month after I get back from Ikasu. I do have one thing going for me: I've already got the base wig for Anise. Wewt. Now the real tricky part is trying to make my 20 year old self look like a cute 13 year old girl.

By the way, FeelLikeRain... where are you getting your wig from? I've got some excellent resources that sell good wigs.