PDA

View Full Version : Gcaf 2007

Traxbaby
06-07-2006, 09:20 PM
Well since GCAF 2006 was cancelled and there are reassurances of a GCAF 2007, we should start a thread for it ^_^

I hope they keep all the events and make more for next year ^_^

What are you looking forward to?
Who you want to see or what you want to see?
What do you think they should have since they cancelled this year?

^_^

Schubuttercup
06-09-2006, 01:27 AM
What are you looking forward to?

-GCAF Presents cause I always like the movies played, never saw them before
-Furuba Japandamonium
-all the dances
-Cosplay Auction

Who you want to see or what you want to see?

-I want to see all my friends from St. Kitts that attended GCAF last year, we lost touch during the school year e.e;

-I want to see the A-IDOL oops the Pure Voice Competition.

What do you think they should have since they cancelled this year?

-More events, more panels and workshops and more viewings. >>; No slacking off

siead_lietrathu
06-09-2006, 05:32 PM
im looking forward to not having to pay for a hotel room, because my house is 20 min away! w00t.
that and the eliminating of excuses for my freinds not to join me.

SimiHe
06-09-2006, 07:29 PM
I can't wait for all the events, seeing Mark play piano again and the Anime on Trial thingie. ^_^

Kitchen
06-12-2006, 07:48 PM
For the more organizational activities planned. Though I will not be able to attend them during the school year, I am sure alot of Niagara Anime Fans would like it. ^_^ -read on GCAF site-

Other then that I am looking forward to the events and the GCAF presents showings.

Traxbaby
06-19-2006, 07:40 PM
Okay, since were planning. This is my prediction for the dates. See I know GCAf has said TBA but it's olivious that the dates will be the same weekend. If you look, GCAF always steals the second weekend in July. So the dates would be...

July 13-15, 2007

so keep those dates open. I'm sure I'll be right, it wouldn't be sane enough to put it the weekend before or the weekend after as if interfers with other cons.

Schubuttercup
06-22-2006, 09:55 PM
Good thought, Traxbaby. I think that might be right. I can't wait for GCAF again. >_<

Clarrisa
06-27-2006, 01:13 PM
I'm looking forward to a hotel room and three days minding an artist's table at the con!

Schubuttercup
07-03-2006, 05:43 PM
I am looking forward to see what GCAF presents will be offering this year. I've been told there will be some really good ones.

SimiHe
08-26-2006, 11:04 PM
The site is nice. Any word on the dates yet?

Brita_Lee
09-11-2006, 12:37 AM
Whee, I can't wait to see everyone I saw last year. I also want to try and get a table at artist alley.

Machinehead
09-11-2006, 01:17 AM
im looking forward to not having to pay for a hotel room, because my house is 20 min away! w00t.
that and the eliminating of excuses for my freinds not to join me.
Can I saw I got a hotel room and stay at your place? LMAO
I actually remember driving by this 2 years ago and thinking "what the hell?". o the times they are a changing.

Anyway, I'm pretty much looking forward to the dealers room and maybe some movie viewings or whatnot.

siead_lietrathu
09-11-2006, 07:49 AM
Can I saw I got a hotel room and stay at your place? LMAO

ya sure. wil be a fun weekend. besides half ur costume stuff ends up in my closet anyway.

Schubuttercup
09-12-2006, 11:15 AM
Well the fourms are suppose to be up at the end of month...or something. Does anyone know why the website is down? Like it's been saying Temporily Disabled for like all summer.

Kitchen
09-14-2006, 10:41 AM
According to the owner's devi, the site www.gcaf.org was closed because it was sucking needed fundage. It also was that the original site saw more fews a year then the www.gcaf.org one did. I think they don't really need one, seriously the link to the site doesn't affect the way the festival is.

Their perament location is www.geocities.com/aaproductionsinc/

oo;

Lady_Sodina
09-17-2006, 08:59 PM
Yay website!! *favourites it* I can't wait til more of the website is update though *^^*

Turtleen
09-19-2006, 06:56 PM
Has anyone here been to it before?
It looks like it was really small, but I guess you can't be too picky, ne?
It would be great to go, but so small o.o

Traxbaby
09-19-2006, 07:46 PM
*raises hand* I did in 2005. It was alot of fun. The staff were really let loose and friendly and the events were original. Had good viewings too. I believe the attendence for the first year was 300 something. There used to be a stats thingie i think it's not up yet.

Brita_Lee
09-20-2006, 12:33 AM
Small is good! This con was just so dun and different. Bigger cons are great, but the smaller one feels like a giant slumber party! You constantly run into people you've met that weekend. ^^

sasuke88
09-20-2006, 02:15 PM
who's in charge of GCAF anime festival ???

I went in 2005, I kinda remember who it was back then, but is it the same person??

how are is the fundrasising process??

Turtleen
09-20-2006, 03:57 PM
Ah, well then... my parents did say that St. Catherines would be an ok place to travel... xD. I might be going I guess =D
There used to be a stats thingie i think it's not up yet.
Looks like there's one at the bottom of the page. Only 3 dealers? xD they must make a lot of money off of it then.

NekoNikku
09-20-2006, 10:01 PM
I can't believe I didn't know about this convention... and is it fun? I know it's not nearly as big as somewhere like CN or An but I was just wandering what has happened in previous years and how many people usually show up.

Lady_Sodina
09-21-2006, 01:01 PM
It is SOOOOO much fun!! I think because it's really small you end up getting to know quite a few people around, it was SUCH a good con to make friends at and such (like Brita said, it's like a giant slumber party), and there was always a lot of different things to do. I think in 2005 they had something like 330 people show up. It's clearly no where near the size of AN, but I think the fact that it IS small is what makes it so good. Everyone's just so happy and friendly and fun *^^*

NekoNikku
09-21-2006, 01:08 PM
Ok cool it sounds awesome, I will probably go too it in 2007, is their any anime clubs in St. Catharines?

archergirl2000
09-21-2006, 04:30 PM
Ok cool it sounds awesome, I will probably go too it in 2007, is their any anime clubs in St. Catharines?

The only club I know of is the one at Brock University, but I'm sure there must be others :)

I can't wait until GCAF, all the events were so much fun, especially the dance class and the auction :D

AncientWanderer
09-21-2006, 05:34 PM
I can't believe I didn't know about this convention... and is it fun? I know it's not nearly as big as somewhere like CN or An but I was just wandering what has happened in previous years and how many people usually show up.

I absolutely loved GCAF! I feel like so many people are spoiled by these huge conventions and forget what they're supposed to be: a place for fans to CONVENE. :P This convention TOTALLY celebrates that. We ended up hanging out with the same 5 or 6 people all weekend, and to this day I'm always looking for them at other conventions.

Besides the social aspect, they have unique events like the Cosplay Auction (sooo fun and ridiculous), and Japandimonium (a contest for the biggest geek haha). There was also mention of Cosplay Volleyball in '07, which I REALLY hope they go through with. Oh, and a small masquerade as well...these two really cool girls from Fushigi Yuugi won an award last year.....don't know who....*coughcough* :toothy:

NekoNikku
09-21-2006, 05:40 PM
It sounds awesome ;)

SimiHe
09-21-2006, 06:39 PM
Don't forget the Pocky Riot, which was suppose to be the Pocky Social XD

NekoNikku
09-21-2006, 07:40 PM
Lol what's that

Turtleen
09-22-2006, 09:11 AM
Cosplay Auction Japandimonium
xD the cosplay auction? And a contest for the biggest geek?

Pocky Social
O_O anything involving pocky is wonderful

So what happens at all the events?

Kitchen
09-22-2006, 09:16 AM
If I remember correctly:

The Cosplay Auction is where people can bid on volunteer Cosplayers. The winner gets to take his or her 'prize' to the dance.

Japandimonium is where two people claim to be a certian shows number one fan and battle though events related to that series to prove it. There is a series related prize.

XD The Pocky Riot...oh that was fun. GCAf has this event called the Pocky Social, where people go and eat pocky and converse with people. Kinda like an Ice Cream Social, but the Pocky person was late so one of the staff started a shouting riot over the walkie talkies. Then like 44 people marched down the hallway for pocky.

Turtleen
09-22-2006, 02:19 PM
.__. wow, scary, but sounds like fun xD.

Thanks =D

AncientWanderer
09-22-2006, 11:23 PM
Cosplay Auction Japandimonium
xD the cosplay auction? And a contest for the biggest geek?

Pocky Social
O_O anything involving pocky is wonderful

So what happens at all the events?

The Cosplay Auction is a way of raising money for charities and such, and is linked to the dance that takes place Friday night. Any cosplayer can sign up to put themselves on the auction block as a "date" (basically equaling one dance) to the highest bidder. You get announced, do a little catwalk and pose, and let the bids begin! Last year, the highest was $20 for Cloud...hopefully we can break some records for them this next year!

Japandimonium is separated by certain shows or series. A competitor has to (from what I've seen) do a bunch of zany activities while trying to answer as many questions as possible concerning that fandom. The person with the most correct answers wins. 2005 had stuff like Final Fantasy, I think Naruto, InuYasha, etc.

I wasn't at the Pocky Social myself, but I'm sure someone else on here can let you know! Hopefully my descriptions didn't suck too bad. :thumbsup:

EDIT: Baaaah Kitchen, you beat me to it! *shakes fist* lol

Lady_Sodina
09-23-2006, 01:25 AM
I am SOOOOO not crossplaying again for the auction XD Ahahaha. So much fun though. The Pocky Social was funny to WATCH. Especially the conga line that ensued. Oh the memories *^^*

Nagii
10-19-2006, 10:22 AM
GCAF 07 is going on as planned, look for dates soon!