PDA

View Full Version : The Boys of Yaoi

Northern
06-08-2006, 10:15 AM
Hi everyone,

I would like to get a group together for the saturday cosplay show. I am looking for anyone willing to come on stage as a yaoi/bishi character and preform a dance routine to Elvis Presley, A little less conversation.

You do not need to have dance experience or training, the only thing I ask for is energy and a good attitude. I am looking for 5-20 people to preform in the dance and to help out with planning the dance moves.

If you have dance experience, or can summersault/cartwheele (anything jymnastic like) you are also welcome.

Please let me know so I can start working on numbers and we can set a date before the show (I will be arriving on the 18th or 19th) to put everything together and practice.

I think this will be a fun preformance, but if people are not interested, the preformance will not run.

Let me know, we have lots of time, and this is just a suggestion for something we, as yaoi lovers, can enjoy.

Leishu
06-09-2006, 12:39 PM
Mmmm...

While it would be fun, I need to give you a couple heads-ups:

1: Heartbreak Hotel was done last year. It'd be kinda weird to do it again, just in case ^_~

2: The Cosplay show is IMMEDIATELY before the Auction. It's very hard to be in both and I highly do not reccomend it.

In all other cases: Have a great time! I'm an auctionee (maybe) so I'm not setting up for the Cosplay but if Brian 'Dieter' Doan is running it again and the performances are still up to par (which they ALWAYS are at Ycon) then you'll have a great time.

Northern
06-09-2006, 03:47 PM
They are really that close together eh? well then, I suppose the boys of yaoi will have to wait for another time. Sorry for everyone that was interested, but I do not want to make a repeat preformance of heartbreak hotel...originality is key. I will repost this thread for CNAnime if anyone is still interested, though CNA is a canadian convention. Well see how it goes. Thanks Leishu for ther head up on the times, as I am (also maybe) in the auction and changing from my competition costume to my bishi costume will be brutal...damn wings >.<

Leishu
06-09-2006, 09:01 PM
Not just brutal, if back to back, but likely impossible. I have a feeling that they may actually prohibit bishies from being in both this year due to the problems caused last year by it.

Northern
06-10-2006, 07:12 PM
woah, bugger, considering it takes 3 people to apply my stage costume (not the bishi one) I think ill wait to see if I make it into the auction before deciding.

Leishu
06-11-2006, 03:28 AM
^^;;

You should E-mail Isis, perhaps. Last year the Auction was finalized a good bit after the cosplay was, if I recall correctly.

Northern
06-11-2006, 09:15 AM
Yeah ill probably end up doing that.