PDA

View Full Version : Questions with my Death Note costume.

Atreyu
06-09-2006, 01:44 PM
So i wanna go as L from Death Note to Otacon this year, and in most of the cosplay pics i see hes never wearing shoes. Would it be bad if i wore black flip flops? or should i go bare foot, (id rather wear some type of footware.).I also dont think my hair will be long enough, should i just i just go with what i have at the time? a wig?(which i would rather not do)or even maybe extentions?i dunno....

Silvana_Girl
06-09-2006, 01:49 PM
You see, it all depends on how acurate you want your costume to be.

(Me being a huge Death Note fan myself...)

If you wanna do a quickie job on your costume, go ahead. But if you want it accurate, check out some wigs. They normally run at 30 to 40 bucks, and you'll be looking at that price range for an L wig.

Footwear, maybe grab some kind of skin colored socks, (Peds, the thicker kinds for example.) or even Old Navy stores that carry all those flip - flops, grab a pair of the nude/skin colored ones and wear thoes.

<3

Atreyu
06-09-2006, 01:58 PM
Yeh i wanna be as accurate as possible, where would i look for L wigs? as for the flip flops, a skin colored type would be perfect i was thinking of going black and jus taking them off for pics and stuff but with the skin colored i would relly have too,so thanks for the very helpful reply

Atreyu
06-09-2006, 02:34 PM
Ive been looking for wigs that look like L and i cant find anything good, and i never knew there were so many wig type i was honestly overwhelmed.....so would anyone happen to know where i could get a good L wig..

AVY
06-09-2006, 02:52 PM
I'm going to be cosplaying L to Otakon for the first time as well and so far this wig: http://www.amphigory.com/wigs_k_beast.html in black seems like it might work out. It's kind of expensive but I've heard good things about the quality of wigs from this company plus it's already really messy and uneven like L's hair so I'd just have to style and maybe cut it a bit which I'm not too concerned about.

Atreyu
06-09-2006, 03:06 PM
Oh my god its perfect, youre right though, a lil style and trim will make it better, awesome find

Glitchy
06-19-2006, 11:44 AM
-I know this thread is 10 days old, but...-

I can help with L's shoe need. Normaly, he dosn't wear shoes. But (I think its in the 2nd manga) when they have the collage acceptance speeches, L is wearing a pair of light colored (Can't tell color in manga, although it is probley white...) Tennis shoes with no socks and the heels folded back! If you have a pair of worn old tennis shoes, just start wearing them with the heels folded back and you're in!

EDIT: I found a scan page with his shoes. Its not in this pic, but when he sits down in the L-ish way, he slips his feet out of his shoes and leaves them on the floor.
L's shoes (http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g279/Glitchy_/DN-ch19-06.jpg)

Atreyu
06-19-2006, 01:05 PM
yeh i have an old pair of adidas (white with blue stripes, shell toe) that i think will do the job, but if they dont fold should just cut em or something?

Glitchy
06-21-2006, 10:58 AM
You could cut them if you want, (Although I don't see how they couldn't fold...) or just wearing them without socks might be acceptable. Worn down shoes with no socks is all that really matters...

AiyaKasai
06-27-2006, 12:28 AM
Acctually...L has to wear shoes in public...and he wears white tenis shoes....I wore those and alot of people knew who i was

Atreyu
06-29-2006, 10:59 PM
Ok, so the only thing left is the make up. How did you guys/ should i go about doing the make up. Makeup is a whole new game with me.

AiyaKasai
06-29-2006, 11:12 PM
Ok, so the only thing left is the make up. How did you guys/ should i go about doing the make up. Makeup is a whole new game with me.
Ooooo the make up. I had that problem too. Look at the actor's make up in the trailer. (if you know about the movie that is)

instead of doing pure eyeliner...blend and smudge alot...like with the brush or with your finger...

I also did mine in layers. Light brown...then darker brown a lil darker brown...smudge that with finger if you have to...then I put a LITTLE eyeliner...until you can see it well around the eyes...and then get grays and smudge the eyeliner...and then get black and out that around your eyes. All the colors are light to dark until you get to the eyes..thats when it goes black. It makes you look more tired instead of a pure cosplay. Also with the eyeliner...I din do my top eye lid...me not doing my top eye lind acctually make my eyes look like they had more depth.

My picture is in my gallery...but it got kind of smudgey from the heat and from having it on so long. =(...I dunno if you wanna see that go to A-kon.com....go to galleries...which is on news...and then find "imagineTheEnding's gallery with video"...there may or may not be close up piccies...I beleive there is one but I may have my glasses on.

<.< ...well I hope this helps you.