PDA

View Full Version : NAF Q & A thread.

Tsukasa_1
06-11-2006, 02:11 PM
With Northern Anime Festival just a over a month away. We want to make sure that all questions anyone has is answered before its too late. The staff will be checking this topic often to ensure all questions are promptly answered.

Some important information:

If you are planning on staying over night at the college, you MUST book your room now. It is garnteed that these rooms will be fully booked by the day of or convention.

[Location and Accommodations (http://www.northernanime.ca/?mod=loc)]

Mail-in and online registration will remain open until June 22nd, 2006.

[Registration Information (http://www.northernanime.ca/?mod=reg)]

Our security this year will be wearing yellow vests to stand-out, special thank you goes out to Todd Spencley from Anime North for lending us the vests.

The artist alley is 80% booked. If you want to book a table in the artist alley please email me as soon as possible to hold a table for you. Table space is sold on first paid basis.

Registration this year will take place in the gordon willey building in front of the market place. There will be an information desk placed in the univeristy where registration used to be.

TiyenaKayla
06-11-2006, 02:28 PM
I have a question I wish to take my 9 year old neice with me will it cost $20 for her to get in as well or do you have chaper rates for children??

Tsukasa_1
06-11-2006, 02:37 PM
I have a question I wish to take my 9 year old neice with me will it cost $20 for her to get in as well or do you have chaper rates for children??

We do offer a cheaper rate of $10.00 for children under 12. I've been meaning to update that on the website...

TiyenaKayla
06-11-2006, 02:41 PM
Thank you for the quick response. She wanted to go to her first con but her mom won't let me take her out of Oshawa. I'm starting her into Anime and Manga so she's very excited about going and starting her own collection.

Clarrisa
06-12-2006, 12:13 PM
Awesome to see you raising your niece that way, Tiyena <3 Exactly what I'd do, lol ^^

Awesome, do we get a map or something upon registration?

Tsukasa_1
06-13-2006, 09:58 AM
Awesome, do we get a map or something upon registration?

We are planning on handing out maps with the registration. We do have someone right now creating the map :)

Clarrisa
06-15-2006, 06:49 PM
Hm, just a suggestion for a fun event that came to mind -
How about outdoor cosplay games? Such as capture the flag, tag, or such games. People love those and I think I'd personally have a blast. Maybe a prize for the winner too? I could help supply some prizes ^^

Mekou
06-15-2006, 07:20 PM
Clarissa - If you're willing to run stuff and supply prizes then by all means go ahead! And in the event that it rains or something, you could always donate the prizes to another department? =D

Contact the programming department and pass along your ideas. ^^

Tsukasa_1
06-19-2006, 03:55 PM
Pre-Registration is now CLOSED. At door prices and hours of operation are posted on the main page of our website.

In other news, the residence has offically notified me that they are now fully booked for the Friday July 21st and Saturday July 22nd.

paranoiaprinces
07-05-2006, 12:59 AM
roughly how many people show up (or have pre registered) for this convention? I have a table booked at Artist's Alley, and this is my first print selling (hopefully) con. I just wanted to get a wrough estimate on how many prints I should make of each artwork...

thanks ^-^

Tsukasa_1
07-07-2006, 02:15 PM
Hi! We have about 100 people pre-registered and expected 400 to show.

paranoiaprinces
07-08-2006, 12:01 AM
thank you very much ^-^ I am sooo excited for this... I really hope I sell enough to make it awsome... although I think it will be awsome anyway :P

Miko-Kagome
07-10-2006, 08:44 PM
What time does the con open and close at? ><

Tsukasa_1
07-10-2006, 08:49 PM
Convention opens at 9:00am and closes at 12:00am

Brita_Lee
07-10-2006, 11:42 PM
Wow. It lasts a really long time! Thats neat. ^^