PDA

View Full Version : Who do you see more of - Yuna or Kairi?

iamunconscious
06-11-2006, 08:01 PM
Hi! I'm buying a cosplay outfit, and I'm torn between buying Kairi's KH2 outfit or Yuna from FFX's outfit. Here are the two:

http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/406/igijii3gy.jpg

What I'm most concerned about is the popularity. If you've been to a convention lately, who have you seen more of: Kairi or Yuna? I don't want to be "just another Kairi/Yuna," because I like getting pictures taken. :) Also, do these costmes look well-made?

Please don't criticize me about me not making a costume. I just got a job and decided to treat myself to a costume for Otakon.

Shinigami_Mimi
06-11-2006, 08:06 PM
I have to say I've been seeing Kairi pop up everywhere. Yuna comes every so often but the KH cosplays are all over the place. XD Lol.

Michi
06-11-2006, 08:12 PM
KH2 cosplay has just began to boom and there are lots of Kairis popping up all over. Despite Yuna being around for a while and being quite often cosplayed, it isn't nearly as all over the place as it once was, for sure.

I worry though that your concern is more what other people think and want to see rather than what costume you like better, or what outfit you'd have more fun wearing, etc.

Tenucha
06-11-2006, 09:52 PM
I agree with Michi.
Yuna was big but SLOWLY dieing out. I see TONS of them however.
Kairi... I dont see all that often personally. But by Expo I can tell you better

Rip Van Winkle
06-11-2006, 11:02 PM
Akon's massive 40+ person KH gathering only had like 4 Kairi's...I'd say both are good to do. Yuna's summoner dress is about only half as common/popular right now, though even saying that, there's very few of either one.

Relion
06-12-2006, 05:37 AM
Yeah, Yuna was extremely popular, but she's slowly dying down.
But, from the pictures, i'd say the Kairi one looks more well-made than the Yuna one. ^^

jade_dincht
06-12-2006, 05:47 AM
um, I personally would go with Summoner yuna, after the release of FF X-2 I saw less and less of her. Now, there are tons of Kiari's simply because KH2 has just come out.

IchiHaneTenshi
06-13-2006, 11:44 AM
I actually like the idea of Kairi. I've seen a few around but none of them have been really all that great. <3 I'm sure you'll do beautifully.

vampirate
06-13-2006, 01:09 PM
There's like umpteenbajillion Kairi's right now. And I don't know about those particular ones, but Kairi's pink dress seems to run a much higher risk of um, looking weird. A lot of the ones I've seen have well, wrinkly zippers if that makes any sense.

Hikaru-Jan
06-13-2006, 04:46 PM
We all get a commissioned costume once in awhile, so don't feel bad. And it's always nice to treat yourself with nice looking costumes. ^_^

About your question: Kairi cosplays are getting popular ever since the release and reviews of Kingdom Hearts 2. Personally, I like both cosplays, but I'd go as Yuna than Kairi. I'm a sucker for her sleeves. ^^;

thewounded56
06-13-2006, 07:25 PM
yeah I'd say it would be a lot different to see another yuna out there (im doing wedding yuna for anime north) because FFX-2 was a few years ago and since then I haven't seen very many yunas being made lately.
Some people have said she was over played but the truth is a costume is only over played if there are like twenty at one convention.
With Kairi it's such a pretty costume and I really love it but I think because the game just came out a lot more people would be doing this costume for that reason.

Then again the main thing you should think about is which character you like better, what appeals more to you. Cosplaying is about dressing up as someone YOU like, it's not about what everyone else thinks or stuff like that. It's about having fun and you can't really have fun in a costume you hate.

edit: and yes they look very well made to me. yuna happens to be my favourite tho

GuardianBaku
06-13-2006, 08:03 PM
I've mailed in a petition to open a Yuna Hunting Season. >_> *crosses fingers*

nite chan
06-14-2006, 12:49 PM
I've mailed in a petition to open a Yuna Hunting Season. >_> *crosses fingers*

XD haha

I wentto Anime North and seen alot of both. But i agree that Yuna is slowly dying out, and Kingdom Hearts is starting to boom at conventions. But they are both beautiful costumes, good luck on picking one! <3

[Toshi.Muffin]
06-14-2006, 01:28 PM
Hmm....I'd say get the Yuna one, like just bout everyone said, she's slowing declining. Kairi are becoming more popular to cosplay, but that outfit there dosn't look too well-made if you ask me. I'd personally go with the Yuna one~~ [[see ya at Otakon! xD]]

Yueri
06-14-2006, 08:59 PM
Kairi's pink dress seems to run a much higher risk of um, looking weird.

Agreed, Id go for Yuna, I like the Obi n.n

But then again o.o who do you like the most?

Lady Thesta
06-14-2006, 09:04 PM
FFX Yuna isn't seen as much as FFX-2 Yuna is. Kairi is just recently coming out of the wood work so....yeah! ^^

ringwraith10
06-17-2006, 11:35 AM
I haven't been to a con yet since KH2 came out, but I'm going to assume that Kairi is really, really popular right now. She's fresh in people's minds. While Yuna is still very popular, I'm sure, she's a little older and people aren't thinking of her AS much. I'd say that Yuna is probably the better choice right now.

Sorra
06-17-2006, 12:35 PM
And also Yuna has lots of different outfits. You could have 7 people dressed as Yuna but all wearing different outfits and so then they kind of aren't thought of as "oh another Yuna".

Uchiha Sakura
07-02-2006, 07:57 PM
I went to Ohayocon last January as Summoner Yuna. There were about 5 of use that I saw. I really didn't see any KH characters though it was before the game came out. Do which ever one you like.

Seeing as I have done Yuna I noticed some things that are of to me, though I could be wrong. I just thought i would point them out. First, unless the skirt is on backwords the pattern is painted on the wrong side. Also, the string on the obi is a tan color not yellow. To me the Long beads should be blue not white. Last, the tasles are a little long but besides that I think it is a good costume.

This is what I see. That is if you are going for accuresy. If your not then disregard my remarks.

TheFontBandit
07-03-2006, 01:42 AM
Personally, I don't think popularity is really an issue. The point is to dress in a costume you want, that you like, as a character you like. That being said, in those photos, the Kairi costume looks like it's made better. And if you're concerned about standing out in the crowd, or you're afraid of being "just another Kairi/Yuna", pay attention to detail. I see a lot of cosplayers who wear the costume, but don't bother with accessories/hair/makeup/etc. In the end though, I'd say just go with whichever one is the one you really want. ^_^

Heartless Grits
07-03-2006, 12:03 PM
Kairi definately...but Which would you say you resemble more? You don't wanna just always go for the one that everyone is goin as, because then you're not unique and you won't stand out. Go for the one that you think you look better in.

Yunri-Chan
07-03-2006, 12:39 PM
Which would you say you resemble more? You don't wanna just always go for the one that everyone is goin as, because then you're not unique and you won't stand out. Go for the one that you think you look better in.

*nods* I was gonna say that too. But since you asked.... I'd have to go with Yuna, since she has all those dresspheres *and* as been around longer...

Whispered.Hope
07-03-2006, 07:30 PM
Since Kingdom Hearts II's been released, there has been a Kairi explosion! Lately, I've only seen a couple of FFX Yuna's around.

But really, you should just go as who you want to go as, not choosing based on what everyone else is doing.

Fallen_Jenova
07-03-2006, 07:32 PM
I've seen so many FF X-2 Yuna's recently over the past few years.
I haven't seen that many Kairis.
I agree with everyone else.. you should pick the one you want to do.

Key-chan
07-03-2006, 09:20 PM
Pick what you want, its your choice. But personally the KH2 Kairi outfit looks better made than the FFX Yuna.

Ryujisama
07-03-2006, 10:16 PM
I've seen way too many Yunas, and not enough Kairis...

youjik33
07-04-2006, 10:37 AM
I like Kairi better as a character, so I'd pick her, but that's me. *shrug*

Envel
07-04-2006, 07:15 PM
I don't know. I've probably seen more Kairi's than I think.

There've been a ton of recent Kairi's that are so ghetto I couldn't even tell they were cosplaying. D=

Yuna is something that's a lot easier to recognize.

That, and I tend to ignore schoolgirl uniforms of any kind since I see them so much. o.<;