PDA

View Full Version : First time going...

Midori Kino
06-11-2006, 08:33 PM
I know a similiar question has been asked- I'm wondering about what this con is like.
I'm only posting a new thread because I have two specific topics of interest : The dealers room, and the dances. Have they been great in the past? Big? Small?
Just curious!

tmchiba
06-12-2006, 12:34 AM
I don't know how to judge the dances, but have ya been to other cons? I can compare dealer's rooms based on what you've seen already. Otherwise it's hard to compare.

Midori Kino
06-12-2006, 09:05 AM
I've been to the dealer's room at Anime Boston. I think that one is pretty big? Are you familiar with it? As for the dances- do a lot of people attend compared to the size of the con? What kind of music is it? Is it more like a "rave" or do people just stand there? I'm guessing you've been to the dances, so do you like them? Thanks ^ ^

Azure
06-12-2006, 12:32 PM
Well, Connecticon is held on one floor. It has 3 large rooms (one for main events, one for dealers, the other for Video/Comp games) that are in the main area. What I call the main area is the large open area/balcony where almost everyone who isn't in a room will be. There are also 2 long hallways off the main area that lead to the panels and video screening rooms. If I were to compare the size of the dealers room at AB to CTcon, I actually want to say they would be the same. Though in CTcon the dealers room is more .. compact. The walking space between rows is less than half of what AB had. The vender space is a little smaller too. But they have just as much stuff, maybe even more. The whole con is alot smaller than AB, but its alot easier to find people since its all in one area. Its still fun though.

tmchiba
06-12-2006, 05:23 PM
Yeah Connecticon is a great con. Regarding Dealer's room...well there are a lot of vendors at Connecticon. I'm not sure if it has as many as AB. On the other hand I believe the Dealer's Room is larger this year. It's also true that I know some of the vendors are different too. I'm tempted to say CTCon's is smaller, but it's not chopped liver either.

Adara
06-12-2006, 06:13 PM
The dealer's room last year was pretty awesome. They had a few more fantasy category things (like LotR and renaissance stuff) than Anime Boston. The room itself is smaller, but so is the convention center as a whole (but on the plus side, the layout of the place is way more organized).. and AB's dealer's room was ginormous..

I found the dance at AB this year to be kind of disappointing. ...although I only stayed for about five minutes, so I suppose I didn't give it much of a chance.. XD The CtCon dance is held in the foyer area outside the dealer's room, which is open to the side of the convention center that is all glass, so you can see the city and everything. It's pretty awesome. :D And since it's all open, you don't feel like you're suffocating in a crowded room with a bunch of sweaty otaku :p

Hope that helps ^^