PDA

View Full Version : Soul Calibur 2006

KurzesHaar
06-14-2006, 02:43 PM
Hmm, might be a bit early for gathering threads, but it's not THAT far away =b

anyway, I'm most likely bringing at least one of my Xianghua costumes with me, so I'd love to get a SC shoot together.

I was thinking saturday sometime in the lobby? hopefully there will be some other SC cosplayers!

MintFlavored
07-08-2006, 01:33 PM
I might be there in my Yunsung costume

LizardMandy
07-11-2006, 12:57 PM
I'll be Olcadan, maybe I can join you, heh.

KurzesHaar
07-12-2006, 01:56 PM
awesome. I haven't seen an Olcadan costume yet!
do you know what day you'll be wearing it?

LaPetiteSalope
07-30-2006, 09:56 PM
I'll bring along my Talim from SCII along for the photoshoot

KurzesHaar
08-13-2006, 07:43 PM
*bump* anyone else planning on wearing SC costumes?

KurzesHaar
10-03-2006, 10:17 AM
XD guess I'm bumping this again, but I'm sure there are other SC cosplayers attending ausa. there was a huuuuuge turnout at otakon, and some of these ppl must be local >_<;;

bamboocactus
10-09-2006, 09:20 PM
Ahoy! Player 3 Mitsurugi from SCII here! :)

Including scars and everything, I actually played around in practice mode for about an hour just to get all the details down right, hehe. I'll be painting the kimono myself. Dunno what to do about the sword yet, but I'm sure something'll come to me, or one of you will point me in the right direction ;)

Anyway, see yas there! Do we have a photoshoot? I'm too lazy to look :D

KurzesHaar
10-10-2006, 11:18 AM
yays! more ppl =D

I would like to have a photoshoot...but only a few people have responded to the thread. I'm still not sure what day I'm going to wear my xianghua...
any suggestions for time?

bamboocactus
10-10-2006, 12:58 PM
Take a look at the photoshoot thread and see what's open. I'm involved in the Naruto photoshoot but that's it. We won't want to overlap with other big photoshoots so people from Deathcom and c.com can come see us in all our glory :3

KurzesHaar
10-11-2006, 04:13 PM
Well, 4pm on Saturday is open. and that's an hour after DW and several hours after Naruto for you. The lobby is always a good place, and if we got enough ppl that actually show up or if any of us want fighting pics we can always move out to that area outside with the semi-circle thing (idk what to call it XD)

anyway, is deathcom planning on coming to ausa this year? I didn't think they had come in the past.

bamboocactus
10-11-2006, 08:23 PM
I dunno if Deathcom is coming, but you'd think they would go wherever there are fighting game cosplayers :3

As far as location, let's shoot for the pre-staging area (whatever the hell it's called), that big hallway outside the dealer's room and all that. THere's a lot of room, and there is enough traffic that we'd attract attention. The lobby is just too crowded for a photoshoot, I think, and you're right; if we need more room we can always move outside :)

Buuuut my cosplays isn't really meant for the dead of November XD

I'll go ahead and post on the photoshoot thread, just go ahead and post on there if you think there should be any changes :D

KurzesHaar
10-12-2006, 09:49 AM
I dunno if Deathcom is coming, but you'd think they would go wherever there are fighting game cosplayers :3

As far as location, let's shoot for the pre-staging area (whatever the hell it's called), that big hallway outside the dealer's room and all that. THere's a lot of room, and there is enough traffic that we'd attract attention. The lobby is just too crowded for a photoshoot, I think, and you're right; if we need more room we can always move outside :)

Buuuut my cosplays isn't really meant for the dead of November XD

I'll go ahead and post on the photoshoot thread, just go ahead and post on there if you think there should be any changes :D
mmmkay, sounds good.

yeah, my costume isn't very cold-weather friendly. at least Xianghua's got capris this time XD last year I wore her 2p costume with the shorts and at katsucon was 3p with the short-ass dress...that was FREEZING in febuary lol

OphanimGunner
11-12-2006, 01:19 AM
-crosses fingers-

Very, very hopeful SC3 P2 Siegfried here. e-e; Last minute costume idea, go figure. I'll probably still go to the photoshoot and bother everyone even if I don't finish it. XD

LizardMandy
11-13-2006, 05:21 PM
Late-late-late-late reply I know, sorry!

Olcadan will be wandering around on Saturday I think. Maybe Friday and part of Sunday. I don't exactly plan on bringing a second costume and I hate being out of costume, heh. I may throw together a half-assed one to wear because people get sick of seeing the same critter over and over again I think.

I'll be in the Artist Alley a lot, I have a table.

bamboocactus
11-13-2006, 08:02 PM
Aw crap I don't know like any of the SCIII characters XD I'm horrible, I have the game, but I'm a little dogmatic about SCII :D

By the way, my P3 Mitsurugi is just about done! Gotta go get the stuff to make my incense stick now. Whee!

KurzesHaar
11-13-2006, 08:32 PM
awesome, well it looks like we'll have at least a few SC cosplayers. What was decided on was:
Saturday 4pm in the pre-staging area (the large area on the 1st floor outside of the dealer's room)

I hope you guys can all make it!

LizardMandy
11-13-2006, 08:58 PM
We'll see! Depends on if I can get my friends to watch my Artist Alley table for me!

As for Soul Calibur III characters, Olcadan is a guy with an owl's head, so I'll probably be pretty noticable.

Question! Do y'all have weapon props? I was given the idea to "borrow" props from other people for a couple of photos - Olcadan has no style of his own but knows all of them, like Edge Master. I'd love it if I could get photos of the costume with several weapons, just for a bit of fun - perhaps with the owner looking annoyed as I declare "I mastered that style EONS ago, silly!"

Naturally I'm extraordinarily careful with props, I know the effort that goes into making them! Just wondering if y'all think that's something I could get away with, with proper permission?

KurzesHaar
11-13-2006, 09:01 PM
I've got a sword for my Xianghua, but it's a wooden one I bought and modified so it would look more like hers...so it's not fantastic. you're welcome to borrow it for pics though if you'd like =b

OphanimGunner
11-13-2006, 10:02 PM
...oh, man. And people wonder why I don't usually make photoshoots. XD I've got nearly three photoshoots in a row.

Siegfried isn't looking likely at all right now. ;_;

bamboocactus
11-13-2006, 11:33 PM
We'll see! Depends on if I can get my friends to watch my Artist Alley table for me!

As for Soul Calibur III characters, Olcadan is a guy with an owl's head, so I'll probably be pretty noticable.

Question! Do y'all have weapon props? I was given the idea to "borrow" props from other people for a couple of photos - Olcadan has no style of his own but knows all of them, like Edge Master. I'd love it if I could get photos of the costume with several weapons, just for a bit of fun - perhaps with the owner looking annoyed as I declare "I mastered that style EONS ago, silly!"

Naturally I'm extraordinarily careful with props, I know the effort that goes into making them! Just wondering if y'all think that's something I could get away with, with proper permission?

My roomate is letting me borrow his long boken for my Mitsurugi. I know it's just wooden, and it's actually got a lot of pockmarks on it from the various adventures it's been in ( :P ), but hey... I didn't feel like making any of his swords, and we can just say it's his joke weapon :P But you'd be welcome to pose with it if you wanted ^_^

Incidentally... Olcadan's laugh is so annoying and condescending XD :bigtu:

KurzesHaar
11-14-2006, 06:20 PM
ack, when I got out my Xianghua 1p from storage, the embroidery on the pants is all fucked up, and I don't really have time to fix it...I may just bring 3p with me for the photoshoot since I don't wanna bail on something I organized XXD Otherwise, my 2p is also suffering some costuming malfunctions with those crazy leg things she's got...but I could possibly fix those up in time for the weekend

So not sure what I'm bringing, but I'll try and have something =b

bamboocactus
11-14-2006, 06:43 PM
Aw bummer! Sorry to hear about your cosplay quandries, Kurzes! Glad you'll still be coming, though :D Do you know if Deathcom will be there?

KurzesHaar
11-14-2006, 07:28 PM
Aw bummer! Sorry to hear about your cosplay quandries, Kurzes! Glad you'll still be coming, though :D Do you know if Deathcom will be there?
Yeah, actually it does say on their site that they'll be coming. I'm sure they check cosplay.com for the photoshoot times and locations, so they'll probably be there to get some photos

LizardMandy
11-15-2006, 07:36 PM
Hehe, very true that I can pose without props too. Photos will be fun for me this year, I've rigged my Olcadan mask to have eyes that "track" -- every photo, no matter from what angle, I'll be looking at the camera! Woot!

Thanks for the offers on the weapons, hehe! 4 on Saturday outside the dealer's room? I'll try to be there -- my friend Rachel's spotting for me but it's still a little hard to see in my mask, so if you spot an owl staring at you, holler "Olcadan!" at me, eh? ;)

bamboocactus
11-15-2006, 08:39 PM
Kay! How's it pronounced? :D

LizardMandy
11-15-2006, 08:44 PM
"OHL-kah-dan" -- the "ohl" pronounced like the first part of "old", the "kah" like the "caw" sound a crow makes, and the "dan" just like the name "Dan"

Really that or any reference to an owl (I've heard Owlcadan a lot for him) will probably get my attention.

...look for a scrawny little girl dressed as him, not a big buff man like he actually is. XD

bamboocactus
11-15-2006, 10:54 PM
Haha aw. I really wanna see this costume, but your c.com gallery doesn't have any pictures! So I have to be patient but I'm really excited to see it :D I always hated how he laughed at me for failing miserably... Grrr! But I won't unleash my wrath upon you, cute little owlet [pet pet] ^_^

*runs away before you kill him*

Anyway, I'm getting into character! Tonight at my Martial Arts Club, my buddy taught me what he knows of sword technique that Mitsurugi uses, so I can pose properly for photos and whatnot :D Also, I was playing with him (P3 costume, of course) for like two hours on Survival and then again against my roomate. I'm pretty confident that I could hold my own if I wandered into the gaming room :D Woo!

LizardMandy
11-15-2006, 11:11 PM
Hehe, I'm really looking forward to everyone else's costumes too! I can't wait to see yours, I've never seen a Mitsurugi costume!

No photos because it's not done yet! I'm working up to the wire here...I'm actually wearing the bracers as I type here, making sure they'll stay on my arms. So far so good!

Please don't hit me, I'm 5'4" and 120lbs, I'm not very tough. ^^; I'll be an all-talk Olcadan...heh!

bamboocactus
11-16-2006, 12:16 AM
Haha aw I couldn't hit you! I jest! I'm only 5'5"... kinda short for a samurai -.-;; Bracers for the win, though. I have a pair, but they're for my renfest garb and they're lace-ups :D Will you be wearing your Olcadan all weekend?

Oh yeah, and if you've never seen a Mitsu cosplay before, mine's pretty cool but not the most elaborate. I plan on sometime making his Player 1 outfit, armour and all, down to the last detail (I simply can't half-ass things >.<), but I dunno what I'm going to do about that crazy explosion hair :D

LizardMandy
11-16-2006, 11:32 AM
Could always set a firecracker off on your head? Perhaps? I dunno. XD

I'm cheating on my height, I ought to look about 5'6" in costume thanks to heeled boots -- gotta get that high instep for proper bird feet.

I may not be Owly ALL weekend, I might decide to look "normal" the first day because people start getting tired of seeing the same 'ol costume all weekend and I'll be setting up at the artist alley.

...but knowing me I'll give in and go avian by the end of the evening on Friday anyway, hehe!