PDA

View Full Version : Prop or Cosplay Rules

kaligoddess
06-14-2006, 07:45 PM
I don't know whether I'm being stupid or not, but does the official website list any rules and regulations regarding cosplay and props in the hallway. I can't seem to find it or who to contact about it anywhere. :lost:

Malaki
06-14-2006, 10:07 PM
Me either.
They have said the rules for the con would "be up soon" for about two months now.
I really hope my Pyramid Head knife will be allowed.

Valgaav_Xellos
06-15-2006, 12:13 AM
i hope my akamaru is ok too ;p

dizzylizzy
06-15-2006, 01:37 AM
animemidatlantic@yahoo.com I dont know how much of a response you'll get since it's last minute. ^^;;

I know that VA has a some sort of silhouette law concerning guns. I would figure the usual con rules are still in effect as well.

AnimatedPoison
06-15-2006, 01:47 AM
Yeah, no AMA-specific rules to be found, but most cons have similar (if not the same) policies. The Cosplay and Hall Costume contest rules ARE up, but as far as props? No live steel, for sure. Any prop weapons must be peacebonded by con staff, so if you're in doubt, you're going to find out pretty quickly if what you have is okay or not! Exercise your best common sense :)

Malaki
06-15-2006, 02:31 AM
Do you think a 7' tall sword will be ok? lol

kaligoddess
06-15-2006, 06:40 AM
My friend and I are both carrying parasols, and I've actually been to places that require them to be peacebonded (which, of course, ruins the whole effect of having one in the first place. I just wanted to see before we brought them along if it was going to be a wasted effort.

Of well. It's not the end of the world if we need to stick them back in the car.

AgentOS
06-15-2006, 08:51 AM
The rules at AMA last year were something like this. NOTHING that looks anything like a gun will be allowed. Any LIVE Steel will not be allowed. Any Sticks, canes, or any other props must be examined at Con-Ops and peacebonded.

Now a parasol is not exactly a deadly weapon at a con and you can probably just walk around with it and never make a visit to con-ops. You may get stopped by security and last year a guy walked around with peacebonds and tagged people who didn't have them.

Tikki
06-15-2006, 10:34 PM
It's always nicer to deal with staff if you go straight to Con Ops and check with Security there.
That 7" sword should be taken straight to Security... Get to them before they come walking up to you!
Parasols, I have no idea...
And that's about it!
Tikki (AMA Cosplay coordinator)