PDA

View Full Version : Cardcaptor Sakura Cosplayers at AnimeFest!

Kiniro Hoshi
06-14-2006, 07:47 PM
Hey, are there any Cardcaptor Sakura cosplayers planning on going to AnimeFest (Dallas, TX) this year? If so, would anyone be interested in a gathering? Hopefully we can get some awesome pictures ^.^ Personally, I'll be going as The Earthy card, but my group RANDUM will also be doing CCS. Any takers? We'd love to see you guys!

Here are the people I have down so far, it's absolutely fine if you would like to go as a character who's already listed, doubles would be fun ^.^ . If we get a bunch more, then I'll break the list up into more subdivisions:

2nd Movie Battle Outfit Sakura (Tsuki Neko)
2nd Movie Battle Outfit Syaoran (Yuushino Raikou)
1st Episode Fly Card Sakura (Anna)
1st Opener Sakura (PockyFairy)
Black and White Devil Artbook Sakura (Cat-Chan~)
Tomoyo (Alana/ Llama)
Battle Neko Outfit Sakura (KittyNyanNyan)

Ruby Moon (Lex chan)

Cards:
The Earthy Card (Kiniro Hoshi)
The Silent Card (Neko no Nami)
The Through Card (Umi Nikko)
The Power Card (Pancake-mix)
The Flower Card (tahiti)
The Wood Card (Amika)

Mk! Time and place for the shoot are as follows!
Saturday around 4:00 or 4:30. It would be a late day shoot, but that way people could take the time to check out the dealers' room without any troublsome (sp?) costumes and could relax and take their time in getting ready. The place we'll be having the shoot is hard to explain, so let's just say we all meet up outside the room where they will hold the masquerade. Then we'll all make our way over to the actual get-together place =D.
((To RANDUM, just in case I'm late or something, it'll be the same spot we always take pictures at with SkyPirate, so ya'll know where to take everyone.))

Anna
06-14-2006, 08:15 PM
I'll be going as 1rst episode Fly card Sakura. With Roller Blades if the Con staff is okay with that ( I think they will be, becuase I'm pretty sure I saw a lil' Slugger last year )

I can't wait to see all the wonderful CCS costumes! ^0^

Lex chan
06-14-2006, 09:37 PM
Woot woot, hoshi-chan!!!

Going as Ruby moon in Hoshi's group

Cat-Chans
06-14-2006, 09:42 PM
I'll be Sakura
the black and white devil artbook version.

Hopefully I can come to the photoshoot, but I will be volunteering...have to see when they schedualed me. I did request mornings.
*crosses fingers*

PockyFairy
06-15-2006, 01:00 AM
1st Opener with my amazing wings....duh. ^_~
Hopefully that weird guy with the same costume as me wont be there. ;_;
Actually have new pix now, so check it out. I HEART MABOROSHI.
http://images.cosplay.com/gallery.php?cat=41732&member=37165

So is this a gathering type thread? Cuz if not, it should be, and we should have one!

Cat-Chans
06-15-2006, 01:05 AM
You make a wonderfull Sakura
(:

Super Tsuki
06-15-2006, 01:26 AM
Woooot! Lets spread CCS love to A-FEST!

And i shall be going as 2nd movie battle outfit (i think that's the one its from XD) with a matching Syaoran~!

PockyFairy: ZOMG, those pictures of you as Sakura were absolutely amazing! Great job!

Yuushino Raikou
06-15-2006, 03:10 AM
And here comes teh matching Syaoran!

That's right!

I will be cross-playing a sexy, sexy boy~

<3333333333333333333

PockyFairy
06-15-2006, 05:13 AM
Well I was hoping to have my Rain Card costume done in time, but Nel Zelpher has forced her way to the front of the line, so I'm wondering....do i do rain next? or do i need to stick with sakura for this con and do it later?

Anna
06-15-2006, 06:46 AM
I'd say stick with Sakura, though Rain would be pretty cool too =D

I can't wait to make another Sakura staff. I really hated how my star staff came out. It looked okay, but I just wasn't very happy with it at the end of the day. The Clow Rod's going to have it's Fly card wings. I'm cutting all the feathers out of foamies so if I fall in the rollerblades nothing'll snap. Fun Fun .

Kiniro Hoshi
06-15-2006, 12:46 PM
Wow! I'm so glad people are posting! Yes, this will be a gathering ^.^ Anyone have preffered dates or times? I was thinking Saturday will be busy enough with the cosplay contest and all, so lets have the gathering on another day. How does Sunday sound to everyone? 3 o'clock?
To PockyFairy: Oh, I love your Sakura, but The Rain would be awesome too! We need more luff for the cards!
I'll go ahead and start making a list of who everyone will be.

Mucai
06-15-2006, 02:38 PM
I hope to have a CCS costume, but I don't know where I can get one from. :/

Super Tsuki
06-15-2006, 03:33 PM
Hoshi-chan~! Don't forget to put Anna in the list! =D

PockyFairy: I guess it just depends on how much time you have. You could always start on the Rain card for fun, but if it doesn't work out then you would have Sakura for back up. That's my way of thinking anyway.

Kiniro Hoshi
06-16-2006, 12:06 AM
Oh noes! :O *puts Anna on the list* I'm sorry Anna!!! Mmm, there might be some CCS costumes on e-bay Caloris?

Cat-Chans
06-16-2006, 12:48 AM
I thought the cosplay was on Sunday at this con
But their site is so horribly maintained they may have changed that
D:

I hope I won't be schedualed to work then, but I won't know for a while.

Anna
06-16-2006, 03:43 AM
It was Saturday last year.

Mucai
06-16-2006, 04:09 AM
Oh noes! :O *puts Anna on the list* I'm sorry Anna!!! Mmm, there might be some CCS costumes on e-bay Caloris?
Nothing any good. Only from those shady places in China.

Something like this is what I'm after:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v244/caloris/ref%20image/114f18e8.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v244/caloris/ref%20image/Sakuradesign_sakura3.gif

tahiti
06-16-2006, 11:44 AM
With all the CCS love.. I'm almost tempted to try the Flower Card. *shall think about it*

Super Tsuki
06-16-2006, 12:22 PM
*ga-ga-gasp!* The flower card wig would be sooo pretty! *_*!

Kiniro Hoshi
06-16-2006, 04:13 PM
I thought the cosplay was on Sunday at this con
But their site is so horribly maintained they may have changed that
D:

I hope I won't be schedualed to work then, but I won't know for a while.
Yeah, it used to be on Sunday, but they changed it last year. I know it says somewhere on the site that its on Saturday this year...I'm just not sure where ^.^''.

Caloris: Mmm, unless you go to a commissioner, you're probably won't find one then. Any commission is going to be expensive though, unfortunately. I would make it for you, but I'm already way in over my head!

Tahiti: Ooooo Flowery = PURDY!! Do it! :bigtu:

Anna
06-16-2006, 05:43 PM
Caloris- You could try Setsuna Kou's cosplay shoppe. Her older stuff is horrible, but her more recent costumes have been pretty nice.

Tahiti- DO ITTTTTTT! Than all the Sakura's can all dance with you, in your happy Flowery-ness! ^0^

Super Tsuki
06-17-2006, 02:26 AM
Oh yes, much dancing there will be, Anna. :rockon:

PockyFairy
06-18-2006, 02:07 AM
oooooo you guys are making me so excited for a-fest. I decided that if I finish Nel with enough time, I'll make the rain card, if not, like most of you said, back up is there. Yay <3
Anna: You said you wanna remake your star staff? It looks really good to me. o_o. I should remake my clow rod...you can't tell, but when you get up close it looks like a 2 year old sculpted it. Oh well. I'm working on a new keyblade for my bf, so no time for any props,..sigh

Anna
06-18-2006, 02:24 AM
PockeyFairy- My old one sadly is no more actually. It was broken during an unfortanute incident of my Grandma breaking my things on purpose. I'm making a Clow rod with the Fly wings though. This is going to be hallway blocking fun :D . I like your props! Your keyblade is great, and so's your clow rod. Your clow rod was much better than some of the one's I've seen sold for large amounts of money before.

Cat-Chans
06-18-2006, 04:38 AM
my staff melted when I left it in the car 2 days after Akon
D:
I need to sand it and repaint it.

Kiniro Hoshi
06-18-2006, 02:12 PM
my staff melted when I left it in the car 2 days after Akon
D:
I need to sand it and repaint it.
Oh no! D: I'm sure it'll be ok after a little TLC though :3

PockyFairy: I <3 your props too!! And I'm sure the new keyblade will turn out amazing as well!

Anna: Dang, why'd your grandma do that? And you and I can block the hallways together! You with your wand and me with my sholder spikes of death!! XD

Super Tsuki
06-18-2006, 07:44 PM
At least the convention center isn't made up of too many hallways like at A-kon with the sky walks. Yay for only one pair of escalators! =D

Anna
06-19-2006, 04:54 AM
Kiniro- She's not right in the head. HOT CLOW CARD HALLWAYBLOCKING ACTION!!! XD

Kiniro Hoshi
06-19-2006, 01:40 PM
Kiniro- She's not right in the head. HOT CLOW CARD HALLWAYBLOCKING ACTION!!! XD
XDXDXD YEAH BUDDY!

tahiti
06-19-2006, 02:17 PM
Okay, okay.. you guys have made me really excited for AnimeFEST, and since I just got a raise at work.. I will try and make the Flower Card.
I just hope that when I head back to school and my job there, they'll let me have that weekend off.
Now.. to figure out that wig.. and find some flesh colored fabric... and LOTS OF PINK!

I think that at AnimeFEST, I'll string up some fake flowers on some fishing line or something, so that when we have the mad dancing party, I'll be able to contribute some flower POWER!

And I have been at work way too long, barcoding, because I am just babbling right now XD;;

Anna
06-19-2006, 04:46 PM
Tahiti- Try doing this
http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/4308/Howto-MitsukisHair.jpg
http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/9610/MitsukiHaircurlercopy.jpg
But pin the first few curls together and spray them to DEATH with Aquanet. Than you can add more extensions (Doctored Locks is love) for bulk.

Oh if any of the clow cards are stuck on how to do their makeup, I highly reccomend Ben Nye's Magicake Aquapaints. They're pretty the same thing that was used for this http://unexamined-life.com/gallery/displayimage.php?album=46&pos=53 but $7 a pop instead of $30.

tahiti
06-19-2006, 11:16 PM
Thanks for the idea, Anna, I'll definetely have to try that.. and dig up my all my pictures of the flower card. Hmm, where oh where could you be?

Kiniro Hoshi
06-19-2006, 11:54 PM
Yay for tahiti and awesomely hard cosplays XD Crazy wig people unite! And Anna, that last link wouldn't work ;_; don't know if its just my comp or not....

PockyFairy
06-20-2006, 12:02 AM
haha, with Tahiti's wonderful flowerness on fishingline and Anna's fantasmic clow rod wings of doom, there will indeed be much hallway blocking action...My wings also have a knack for being in the way....seeing as how I could be in the middle of a giant open room and someone would still run into them. xD HALLWAY BLOCKING ACTION

that last link didn't work for me either. >.<

Tahiti - Oh and if you need me to scan in the flower card for you, I shall. I definatly have the book of clow at my fingers.

Cat-Chans
06-20-2006, 02:10 AM
my costume had wings
AND
a huge tail
D:

we really could direct traffic

Super Tsuki
06-20-2006, 02:15 AM
Hahahah the rest of us should just lay down across the hallway to make it even more chaotic. XD

Anna
06-20-2006, 03:15 AM
Phtobcuket'ed
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v305/TheAnna/normal_07c.jpg
And anyone who knows what it's from get's an instant win :3

Not to mention that we'll be stopped for pictures ALOT. We're going to be be walking walls XD .

Super Tsuki
06-20-2006, 03:22 AM
Heck yes! Wicked! :rockon:

So its the same stuff that Idina Menzel used for Elphaba? That's some good stuff then.

Anna
06-20-2006, 03:59 AM
Tsuki Neko- Elphaba used Chromacake but the ben nye aquapaints are the same thing, at pretty much the same quality, but cheaper. It's the shit for full-face/body makeup.

tahiti
06-20-2006, 11:43 AM
PockyFairy- nahh, my sister's got the clow book too! But a longgg time ago, I had wanted to cosplay the Flower Card, and I had some really nice pictures saved. I think it's on one of my MANY CD-R's I've got floating around my house.. so I'll find them soon. Thanks for the offer though ^^
AND YAY FOR HALLWAY BLOCKING ACTION
And more yay for Wicked! I'll have to pick up some of that stuff for the Flower's head designs. *has fun thinking of make-up schemes* I'm thinking.. some glitter too.. mwhahahaha.. *runs off now*

PockyFairy
06-20-2006, 02:38 PM
Ahhhh I'm so excited....Card Captor Sakura causing all sorts of Chaos. So are we gna like, meet up at any specific location like a gathering or what?....or did I already miss what were doing? xD

Kiniro Hoshi
06-20-2006, 04:11 PM
Hmm, how does this sound to everyone? Does everyone remember the area with the collums upstairs? Its right outside the rooms where they held the cosplay contest and dance and right next to where they did autographs (to RANDUM- aka where we take pics with SkyPirate every year) (to PockyFairy- also where I believe SkyPirate took pictures of you...)? Its a nice big area and its off to the side so we wouldn't bother many people. How about there on Sunday at 2 (pm of course)? That way, we can sleep in, have plenty of time to get dressed, but our make-up and what-not will still be fresh. I don't know what's going on panel or event wise, so if this conflicts with anything anyone wants to see/ go to, we can change it. Imma see if I can find some pictures of this area...
Here's one of PockyFairy by the area...
http://www.skypirate.net/cosplay/images/af2005/050903_0347.htm
Ones of my group in the area...
http://www.skypirate.net/cosplay/images/af2005/050903_0079.htm
http://www.skypirate.net/cosplay/images/af2005/050903_0185.htm
Another one...
http://www.skypirate.net/cosplay/images/af2005/050903_0345.htm

Super Tsuki
06-21-2006, 02:49 PM
Well, you know that sounds good to me, but of course i'm with you all the time anyway, Hoshi-chan.

I'll check to see if there is any information on panels or autograph sessions that lots of people might want to go to. hopefully they have it posted -.-;;

Anna
06-21-2006, 07:20 PM
It sounds good to me.

Cat-Chans
06-21-2006, 10:39 PM
I have never been to this con
but I'm betting it won't be hard to miss all the Sakuras...

Though, I don't know if I could make it at 2. I requested to work mornings and I don't know if A) I would be off, or B) have enough time if I did get off.

Course
I don't know anything about how they schedual the volunteers so it's hit and miss.

Super Tsuki
06-22-2006, 11:08 PM
Sooo...No scheduling of any kind on the AnimeFEST site.

Guess we will just have to meet there and if there is something going on just relocate.
=/

Kiniro Hoshi
06-23-2006, 12:34 AM
I have never been to this con
but I'm betting it won't be hard to miss all the Sakuras...

Though, I don't know if I could make it at 2. I requested to work mornings and I don't know if A) I would be off, or B) have enough time if I did get off.

Course
I don't know anything about how they schedual the volunteers so it's hit and miss.
That's ok! Do you have any idea of what a better time would be?

Tsuki-chan: -.- curses to them! But that sounds like a good idea, if anything comes up, we'll just decide on another time. I think the group is small enough for that not to be a problem...I think XD

Cat-Chans
06-23-2006, 02:23 AM
Not really, since I have no idea when they're going to want me to work
If they do schedual me in the morning like I requested I would think some time in the early evening like 4:30 or something.

Kiniro Hoshi
06-24-2006, 03:38 PM
Not really, since I have no idea when they're going to want me to work
If they do schedual me in the morning like I requested I would think some time in the early evening like 4:30 or something.
Eep, that'll put us kinda late, I'm just thinking of those in the really big/ heavy costumes, and for those who'll be in full body makeup...But if everyone is fine with it, then how does 4:30 sound? I can always go back up to my room and touch anything up that I need to...but its up to you guys.

Anna
06-24-2006, 05:14 PM
I'm wearing my Sakura all day regardless (cept' for the rollerblades, those are only a 30 minute to 1 hour at a time dealy) so it sounds good to me.

Cat-Chans
06-26-2006, 04:54 AM
D:
I didn't think about that.
I usualy wear 2-3 costumes a day myself so I'm never in anying more than 4-5 hours.

Don't plan everything around me though, I mean, I don't even know anything yet so if late isn't good for everyone else then I'll just have to sit this one out.

Super Tsuki
06-27-2006, 01:17 AM
Well, of course when ever you find something out let us know! I'm sure everyone would want you there if you could be! <3

Kiniro Hoshi
06-27-2006, 01:26 PM
Well, of course when ever you find something out let us know! I'm sure everyone would want you there if you could be! <3
Hai! Exactly! We got a couple months, so just let us know when you find out. If we can, we want everyone to come! We'll figure something out, don't worry ^.^

Super Tsuki
07-02-2006, 06:03 PM
Sooo...Its July now. A-FEST is in two months. Does that seem short to anyone else?

Cat-Chans
07-02-2006, 08:11 PM
yes
T___________T
and I haven't even started my new costume yet...I'm begining to wonder if I'll be able too.

tahiti
07-02-2006, 10:31 PM
Wow, July already.. Where's my paycheck?! JoAnn's sale this weekend.. which means.. Flower Card fabric *_*
I don't think I'm going to do her skin color.. because she's like.. a light green, and I don't think I'll be able to do that for AnimeFEST. So she'll just be a blonde, and I'll be pale as the moon once more. Maybe for A-kon..

Cat-Chans
07-02-2006, 11:05 PM
XD
Hancocks is having a sale this month too, when I get paid next I'm off to stock up.

I wonder when they'll let me know if I'm working or not
and when...

Kiniro Hoshi
07-03-2006, 03:19 PM
O.O We only have two months? *combusts*

Lex chan
07-03-2006, 07:46 PM
-combusts as well- so much to doooooo! X_X

Anna
07-04-2006, 11:58 PM
*sits back and relaxes becuase she prolly won't work on anything till the week before as usual*

Kiniro Hoshi
07-05-2006, 12:49 AM
*sits back and relaxes becuase she prolly won't work on anything till the week before as usual*
XD yeah...gosh and I CAN NOT do that with this costume!!!! I need to have a sewing party T.T

Mizugameza
07-05-2006, 11:01 AM
>_> <_< Now I'm rethinking my decision to postpone Yue... Murr.... :lost:

tahiti
07-05-2006, 11:42 AM
XD yeah...gosh and I CAN NOT do that with this costume!!!! I need to have a sewing party T.T
That sounds like fun. The DFW Cosplay Society had a sewing party like.. a week or two before A-kon. I wanted to go, but I was so behind I couldn't go.
But yay for paychecks and a sale at JoAnn's! *is going to go raid their pink fabric*

Kiniro Hoshi
07-05-2006, 02:19 PM
Hey tahiti, have you ever been to the fabric stores off of Harry Hines? They're a heck of a lot better than Joanns and Hancocks and they're usually cheaper. My favorite ones are Best Outlet Fabrics, Perth St. Fabrics (both of those are off of Harry Hines and Perth), and Golden D'or. Golden D'or is probably my favorite, but they're all good!

Lex chan
07-05-2006, 03:22 PM
I still need to go to those other places...I am a sucker for location convienience...aka I'm lazy and go to the other places cuz they're closer XD

tahiti
07-05-2006, 08:13 PM
I still need to go to those other places...I am a sucker for location convienience...aka I'm lazy and go to the other places cuz they're closer XD

Haha, yeah, I'm the same way, Lex chan.
I'd love to go to those places, but the fact is, I have a JoAnns down the highway from me, and I'm a very nervous driver when it comes to driving to places I don't know how to get to, even with maps. (I even tried looking up the stores on Yahoo! Maps.. no dice)

Cat-Chans
07-06-2006, 12:18 AM
I forgot which thread I was in...NVMIND

Super Tsuki
07-06-2006, 03:39 AM
Hahaha, i used to be happy with Hancocks and JoAnns too. But then the evil lady of doom came at Hoshi and I and was mean. Definately not going there again.

yay for Golden D'or! Their clearance section is teh smex.

Kiniro Hoshi
07-06-2006, 04:15 PM
o.O I didn't know that you've been to Golden D'or Tsuki-chan...

Lex chan
07-09-2006, 07:48 PM
yeah the people at hancocks have issues...I guess its a written rule or something that you dont have a good day if you work there...they're always so snippy! (...no pun intended >.>)

Kiniro Hoshi
07-10-2006, 02:41 PM
XD I love you Lex!!

Super Tsuki
07-13-2006, 01:42 AM
Yeah, That's where I got all my Yuffie fabric. All in clearance. :rockon:

But exciting! Once Rai gets back from vacation her and I are going to start on our Sakura and Syoaran costumes. =D

Pancake-mix
07-28-2006, 12:57 AM
http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/4465/untitledpl8.png

Super Tsuki
07-28-2006, 01:53 AM
Yay, Pan-chan! <3333

hahahha.

Kiniro Hoshi
07-29-2006, 09:16 PM
^o^ Pan-chan and I made pancakes today!! With chocolate chips!!!! Oh, and our Dream Card will be switching to the Through Card. So pretty! And hopefully easier ^.^'' So I'm just going to update the list of cosplayers.

Anna
07-30-2006, 12:39 PM
-Pancake-mix~ Put up pictures! =D

I don't think I'll be able to finish my staff with Fly card wings in time for A-FEST. (Anna Mucho broko, it's hard to find a job when you're 15. Only making it to the con on money she's making on commissions) If not I'll just have the normal one and test out a theory I've been working on with it. On a lighter note I can rollerblade pretty decently now XD .

KittyNyanNyan
07-30-2006, 11:00 PM
I'll be cosplaying as Sakura, in her battle neko outfit! I've got the entire thing planned out, I just need to make it now x.x

Does anyone know if I should make it out of Vinyl or not? I heard that it was used in her battling the electric clow card or something? ..so it was rubber... ..I dunno.

Cat-Chans
07-31-2006, 03:24 AM
yes, Tomoyo made it out of rubber.

I still need to do all the tuch ups on my costume and repair my staff...

Pancake-mix
07-31-2006, 11:39 PM
http://img344.imageshack.us/img344/8679/untitledox3.png

tahiti
08-01-2006, 12:13 PM
I have most of the supplies for Flower Card. I just need to buy some extensions for the wig, the wig dye, the body paint, and some fabric for her middle (because no one wants to see my tummy.. I know I don't!). But I'm starting on her big foofy skirt today! And reading about dying wigs (which is quite a scary thought).

Cat-Chans
08-01-2006, 05:44 PM
GOOD LUCK
D:

man I wish they would tell us when cosplay is so we can more adaquitly plan around it...
that and volunteer scheduals
which should be being made right now (at least thats what the security head's email said)

Pancake-mix
08-02-2006, 12:00 AM
HUZZA~! I have my new computer set up~! >3 So as soon as I get pictures taken this Thursday, I'll put some up.

Pancake-mix
08-02-2006, 03:15 PM
>_>; So I got bored and put on half of my Power costume. It looks bad since I rushed, but oh well, people wanted SOME sort of early pictures. I need to fix my wig, it falls and it's lopsided and bleh! D< Gotta straighten somehow. Afraid to use the water technique... Suggestions?

Painted on dots were just something I threw on since I'm still not sure what to do there. xD; Making them or painting them. Dont you just love my masking tape bracelets? Hot. Only bust shots for now, tra-la-la. I'm excited to buy my temp pink-hairspray paint stuff for my demonically dark eyebrows xD; No more light-haired characters for me after this!

...I look so emo. 8D [/not]

E to the M to the WAY-O~! (http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/1803/1wz5.png)
What the flip was I doing? o_o; (http://img357.imageshack.us/img357/756/2qc3.png)

Anna
08-03-2006, 05:23 PM
I think the dot's look fine painted on. Great job, I can't wait to see the rest up close at Anime-Fest! ^0^

Pancake-mix
08-03-2006, 11:05 PM
Thanks~ I got temp-hair dye for my eyebrows too, yay! xD

I can't wait to see the entire group altogether! * w* This'll be my first Animefest so it's exciting. Now I just gotta work on my friend's Sakura Star wand, and my other friend's Through costume!

EEE~! Fun fun! <3

Kiniro Hoshi
08-04-2006, 12:41 AM
DX Gomen KittyNyanNyan! I've been crazy busy with color guard practice, so I just now saw your post ^.^'' I'll put you on the list now!

tahiti
08-04-2006, 12:48 AM
My sister's now officially interested in becoming a Clow Card for A-Fest. We've decided on The Wood, because she could pull it off with her hair down and whatnot.
So far, that's what she's going to go for, unless we can find some good pictures of other cards.
(We also thought of the Storm, the Shot, the Cloud, and the Rain, but I think we're sticking with the Wood.)

Too bad I'm already doing the Flower Card, we could've totally done the Twins.

Pancake-mix
08-04-2006, 01:16 AM
ZOMGZ. TWINS.

I would've loved you two forever.

Still do anyways. <333

tahiti
08-04-2006, 01:20 AM
Tee hee, love ya too, Pancake mix <33333!

Maybe for another con. Lord knows we're doing enough twin type cosplays (Ouran, anyone?).

Anna
08-04-2006, 01:10 PM
If pictures are a problem Tahiti you could always go here
http://rebmastu.livejournal.com/63483.html
She has the other seasons also, but the first season is harder to find good pictures of.

OMG Ouran is love <3 I want to make a Renge or opera drag Tamaki next year XD .

tahiti
08-05-2006, 12:45 AM
If pictures are a problem Tahiti you could always go here
http://rebmastu.livejournal.com/63483.html
She has the other seasons also, but the first season is harder to find good pictures of.

OMG Ouran is love <3 I want to make a Renge or opera drag Tamaki next year XD .

Ooh, thanks for the links! I'll be getting some screencaps with those

And Ouran is so much love. And if you do opera drag Tamaki, I may just have to glomp you. (And if you do Renge, my sister and I will poke you with sticks because OMG! She's an otaku!! But not really though. I'd just probably glomp you. )

Kiniro Hoshi
08-06-2006, 12:42 PM
My sister's now officially interested in becoming a Clow Card for A-Fest. We've decided on The Wood, because she could pull it off with her hair down and whatnot.
So far, that's what she's going to go for, unless we can find some good pictures of other cards.
(We also thought of the Storm, the Shot, the Cloud, and the Rain, but I think we're sticking with the Wood.)

Too bad I'm already doing the Flower Card, we could've totally done the Twins.
Horray! I'll put her up on the list! v.v Forgive me tahiti...but I've forgotten your sister's cosplay.com name. I tried to look through the KH at Akon thread, but she seems to only be reffered to as "tahiti's sister". I'm sorry! Just let me know what her username is and I'll fix the list ^.^'' .

Kiniro Hoshi
08-06-2006, 12:45 PM
After editing the list I realized that I didn't even have tahiti on the list o.o! I think I'm losing it! T.T

tahiti
08-06-2006, 11:37 PM
My sister just got on cosplay.com, as Amika, but she hasn't really set up anything on it. She just got one because I kept nagging her. XD;;
*pets* It's okay, I think I had SEVERAL of those moments while keeping up with the KH gathering list. Oh lord, that was crazy.

Kiniro Hoshi
08-06-2006, 11:54 PM
Oh good, so I didn't forget! I feel better now =D . Lol, I bet it was crazy! That was a huge group! *fixes listy*

Cat-Chans
08-11-2006, 02:12 AM
They announced cosplay on Sunday night FYI

PockyFairy
08-11-2006, 03:36 AM
wooo...been a long time since I posted on this thread....actually cuz I kinda..lost track of where it was. xD...glad they finally gave A-fest a real forum...but ANYWAY.
I finished Nel, completly, so I went ahead and bought patterns for The Rain card. Probably wont be making Bf a keyblade until A-Kon...but anyway...really bummed cuz my Sora and Roxas/Fayt and Cliff aren't coming...at all. *CRY*
So looks like I'll be workin on Rain now, if it gets done, it gets done, if not...oh well. I just have a feeling I'm gna wanna be really elaborate and detailed and i wont have enuff time for that lol.
And also, just watched episode with Rain in it today...turns out i completly misjudged how it's made...thought top was like a poncho type thing...turns out it's a big shirt with puffy arms...but I alrdy bought poncho pattern...so might just call it a 'slightly modified design'. lol Man i'm lame.
Hope all your costumes are going well..and I can't wait for the gathering.

Kiniro Hoshi
08-11-2006, 11:20 AM
Yeah, I know how you feel Pocky. I want to make Earthy really detailed and, hopefully, well made. But as the days to AF count down, I'm wondering if it'll be finished T.T . Even if my costume's not done, I'll still wear what I have, but I don't know how much that will be. Summer band, color guard, and drumline have just stolen all my time away DX . I will try though! *is determined*
Oh! I didn't know AF had its own forum! Sweet Sassy!

tahiti
08-11-2006, 12:17 PM
The Flower card's skirt is done, but I want it to be fuller, so I'm going to have to add more panels in. I also have to get the top and the top skirt done, plus the weird collar/sleeve type thing. There's also the wig, which I've ordered extensions for and I still have to color it. And I have like a week and a half before I head back to school, so hopefully I can get the dress done, so it's only the wig I need to worry about.
Makeup also has been ordered, so I'll be all green for A-fest.
Hopefully, my sister will also start on her Woody costume soon.

Anna
08-11-2006, 01:42 PM
I've finished the top of my normal staff for Sakura
http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=804694
I'm going to paint my Rollerblades this weekend hopefully. And as for the costume itself I might just buy some Pj's, dye them, and add the trim/stars/ moons. Partially because I'm lazy, partially because if my feet are going to die I want to be wearing something comfy and things I sew aren't comfy XD .

Cat-Chans
08-11-2006, 03:57 PM
Your staff looks good
(:

mine is still in need of repair
D:
Its missing a wing

pan pan
08-12-2006, 03:04 AM
Kya ^^ My sis and I are totally doing the Twins from Ouran! ^^ We'll be in the "Alice in Wonderland" version costumes on Sunday... Ah, anyway, back to topic... quick question - I know it isn't TECHNICALLY CCS, but are Tsubasa costumes allowed to come to the shoot? :3 My sis and I will also be going as Syaoran and Sakura. and did a time and date ever get set in stone? I've skimmed the thread, but I didn't see it. (I could just be a nerd and have missed it ^^;;; )

Cat-Chans
08-12-2006, 03:32 AM
I think we were waiting for the cosplay night to be announced. If what we were discussing before still applies I think the consensous was Saturday.

I'm not entierly sure though (and definatly wouldn't mind it being on another day since everyone in the bleach thread is pushing for Saturday and feel obligated to comply since I'm coordinating it)
I may have to sit CCS out for Bleach since I'm running it.

In any event, I know I wouldn't mind other Clamp characters.

Pancake-mix
08-12-2006, 04:02 PM
I thought our group was doing KH on Saturday x_X; Wow, this is so confusing.

I've gotten the basic dress done for The Through card (friend's cosplay). Just need her to try on the peices and adjust. Then make some sleeves and an overdress for it. Yay. >3

I have no clue on how to go about making Sakura's Star Wand (2nd movie) Hey Anna, do you have an suggestions on that? I was tempted to totally carve it out of wood. (I love doing that, but it takes FOREVER since I use a really old crappy knife)

Pancake-mix
08-12-2006, 04:05 PM
wooo...been a long time since I posted on this thread....actually cuz I kinda..lost track of where it was. xD...glad they finally gave A-fest a real forum...but ANYWAY.
I finished Nel, completly, so I went ahead and bought patterns for The Rain card. Probably wont be making Bf a keyblade until A-Kon...but anyway...really bummed cuz my Sora and Roxas/Fayt and Cliff aren't coming...at all. *CRY*
So looks like I'll be workin on Rain now, if it gets done, it gets done, if not...oh well. I just have a feeling I'm gna wanna be really elaborate and detailed and i wont have enuff time for that lol.
And also, just watched episode with Rain in it today...turns out i completly misjudged how it's made...thought top was like a poncho type thing...turns out it's a big shirt with puffy arms...but I alrdy bought poncho pattern...so might just call it a 'slightly modified design'. lol Man i'm lame.
Hope all your costumes are going well..and I can't wait for the gathering.

ZOMGZ. You're going as Nel? That's AWESOME! I love Star Ocean cosplays. Would totally go as Peppita or Maria for a con xD

Aw, hope everything works out for your Rain costume. I almost picked her for a card. :3 So cute. If you come with some sort of "cloud" to "fly" in, I will totally glomp tackle you. (Not really, maybe a squeal and the imagining OF a glomp tackle, but that's about it.)

Anna
08-12-2006, 05:09 PM
I have no clue on how to go about making Sakura's Star Wand (2nd movie) Hey Anna, do you have an suggestions on that? I was tempted to totally carve it out of wood. (I love doing that, but it takes FOREVER since I use a really old crappy knife)

I would suggest going to Hobby Lobby and trying to find a wooden totebag hoop and stick a wooden or glow-in-the dark wall star inside. But if you're willing to CARVE, if you go to Garden Ridge (the one I went to is in Hurst/Richland Hills) you can get one of these
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v305/TheAnna/280d4d2f.jpg
They're the perfect size. (5 1/2") Buy two and glue'em together. Oh and make sure to sculpt the gold parts onto the dal rod (model magic, paper clay, something that airdrys. Use tinfoil to make a base if you don't want to use a ton) and use a screw of some sort to attatch the hoop. It'll save you from many many many headaches trust me.

P.S. Oh for the wings you can just make them out of sculpy and glue them on the front. The Anime version has them on the sides, but it's a big pain in the butt to put them on the sides without them falling off when the wind blows.

Kiniro Hoshi
08-12-2006, 09:42 PM
Well, having the cosplay on Sunday does throw a couple kinks in things, but I think we can work with them. We kinda had the time set on Sunday at 2 but we weren't sure how it would work out with everyone's schedule. I would be ok with Saturday, except I won't even be at the con until 3 that day, and then I would still have to get dressed. So! Here are the options that I've come up with.

Plan #1- We have the shoot on Saturday around 4:00 or 4:30. It would be a late day shoot, but that way people could take the time to check out the dealers' room without any troublsome (sp?) costumes and could relax and take their time in getting ready. Also, I think that would give me enough time to get dressed without having a nervous breakdown in the process ^.^'' .

Plan #2- We have the shoot on Sunday around either 1:00 or 2:00. I think it would be best to do it in the early afternoon because I know a lot of us will be in tons of makeup and big costumes and/or wigs and if we smelter in our costumes for too long, they might start looking icky and the photoshoot might not be as much fun. Also, for people or groups who want to enter the cosplay in other costumes, hopefully they'll still have time to get some exposure with their CCS costumes and not be late to the contest.

So, what say the masses? And if neither of these plans work for you, or if you have a better idea, please let me know, I know we all want as many people to come as possible =D .

Pan pan: ^.^ I'm fine with it! I think it would be great to have you guys come!

Cat-Chans
08-12-2006, 11:11 PM
Hmm...well if the schedual me in the morning like I requested I could probably do either, but my preferance would be Saturday since it will be later and Sakura could be my second costume for that day (if we had it Sunday I would probably only get to wear Sakura for the shoot and thats it becuase I'm entering cosplay in a different costume)

Anna
08-13-2006, 12:28 AM
Saturday would be good. We'd have plenty of time to get ready and we won't have to worry about any break-neck-speed changes for the masq.

PockyFairy
08-13-2006, 04:28 AM
/agree with everything

Pancake-mix
08-13-2006, 12:31 PM
Any time works with me xD I just go with the flow.

Oh and thank you so much, Anna! They have those is the Garden Ridge Hobby Lobby? :O Awesome. I've seen 'em before, so why didn't I think of it before? xD;

tahiti
08-13-2006, 04:57 PM
I would say Saturday around 4. That'll give me time to wear Donald for a bit, then go goop the make up on =D!

Kiniro Hoshi
08-14-2006, 12:56 AM
o.O Just to making sure: Everyone did read Cat-Chan's post about the masq being on Sunday, right? Cuz it (the masq that is) is on Sunday =D . Just wanted to make sure everyone knew before they "voted" on the get together day ^.^

Kiniro Hoshi
08-14-2006, 11:47 PM
v.v Oh, and a small update on my Earthy costume. I'm pretty sure that I won't have the rock mantle around her shoulders done in time for AF. I just can't pull nights like I did for A-kon, it really was too much for my body to handle. And now with school and guard and drumline o.o ...yeah. Also, in this time frame I'm afraid that it wouldn't turn out very well, I really don't want to rush it. I've just spent way too much money on this for it to come out only half-decent. So I'm opting to have the rocks done for A-kon ^.^ . Actually, I'll probably wear it for Halloween, so I'll post pics around October. Sorry ya'll, I feel really bad if I've let any of ya'll down (heck I've let myself down), but I'd just rather not push it. I am planning on everything else to be done though! Gomen nasai v.v

Cat-Chans
08-15-2006, 01:12 AM
Don't worry about it. I think everyone has gone through something similar. I'm suffering too, and I probably won't have a prop done for another costume that I was hoping to have finished.

What, it's in less than a month and I haven't even finished one piece of my new costume?

KittyNyanNyan
08-16-2006, 01:31 PM
Aiee. I don't think I'll be able to make the battle neko outfit this year >< working with Vinyl will be too hard for me, and with school coming up and IB, I won't be able to find the time x.x

SORRY!!

-depressed- I feel like I'm letting you guys down u.u

Kiniro Hoshi
08-20-2006, 11:08 PM
Plan #1- We have the shoot on Saturday around 4:00 or 4:30. It would be a late day shoot, but that way people could take the time to check out the dealers' room without any troublsome (sp?) costumes and could relax and take their time in getting ready. Also, I think that would give me enough time to get dressed without having a nervous breakdown in the process ^.^'' .

Mk, based off of the replies I've gotten it looks like it'll be plan #1 =D . I'll edit it into the first post for everyone to see.

It's ok KittyNyanNyan, I feel let down with my costume as well v.v . Hopefully we'll still see you at the con though!

tahiti
08-21-2006, 08:35 PM
Flower Card is just about finished. She may be missing her pointy sleeve thingys, but hopefully I'll have the wig done in time.

Pancake-mix
08-23-2006, 07:33 PM
Bwahaha. I might be the only one, but who cares. I've found some cheap - but good - theater makeup to use for my Power cosplay. I WILL BE PINK. >3

Probably only for the walk-on (anyone else gonna plan on doing that for the cosplay?) and the big "get together photoshoot" (Apparently Saturday?)

Just no one rub up against me and you'll be good. >_>;

*rub rub*

[/pink]

Anna
08-23-2006, 08:27 PM
Kiniro- It's better to take your time and have something that looks awesome than to do a rush job. Don't worry about it ~_^

Anyways, Sakura's coming along really well. I still need to buy the saftey pads, but otherwise, yeah s'good. I can't wait to run around the con in rollerblades. One thing's for sure, I'm going to put the wrist guards to good use. XD

PockyFairy
08-23-2006, 11:49 PM
well guys.....unfortunatly, I've made the desicion not to bring my Sakura costume. I may even go so far as to retire it...I'm just feeling like the cuteness is sort of 'wearing off' after wearing it 3 times in a row. I've already got a whole album full of great pictures of it, and I don't really have anything else left to do to improve on it (that I can see), so it's come time to let it go. I hope I'm not letting you guys down too much, but I'll still come to the gathering to take pix. Sorry guys.

Kiniro Hoshi
08-23-2006, 11:57 PM
;_;
Jk, that's fine Pocky, I understand =D. And you better still come XD! Yeah...I have a feeling this'll be more like a Mostly Unfinished CCS Gathering, as we have a week left, and little progress has been made ^.^'' *sigh* Oh well, it's for fun, not for a perfection award (...yet X3). I'm still gonna have a great time even in an unfinished Earthy I know it! With that said, I sprinkle magic inspiration dust for anyone who might need it to finish as much of their costume as they can! *wallows in the glittery dust*

Cat-Chans
08-24-2006, 01:25 AM
I'm going to wallow in it too...even if what I need to crank out isn't CCS related.
D:
I think I can get it done...I have Friday off from work so that should help
D:

Mucai
08-24-2006, 02:37 AM
well guys.....unfortunatly, I've made the desicion not to bring my Sakura costume. I may even go so far as to retire it...I'm just feeling like the cuteness is sort of 'wearing off' after wearing it 3 times in a row. I've already got a whole album full of great pictures of it, and I don't really have anything else left to do to improve on it (that I can see), so it's come time to let it go. I hope I'm not letting you guys down too much, but I'll still come to the gathering to take pix. Sorry guys.If you retire it, I might consider buying it if it fits me...

Kiniro Hoshi
08-24-2006, 09:34 PM
There is good news fellow sirs!!! My order of 7 pounds of Sculpey came in about a week ahead of schedule!!! ^o^ I feel so liberated! No promises that this will help at all, but I don't even care right now! It's here, it's here!
[/nothing better than a room full of cosplay supplies to make you feel complete]

Cat-Chans
08-28-2006, 02:11 PM
T_____________T
Guys, I'm going to have to drop Sakura from my line up. I got my volunteer schedule and they have me working from 12pm to 6pm...right in the middle of prime cosplay time.

I'll hopefully be going to Onicon, and if I do I will definately bring Sakura

Pancake-mix
08-30-2006, 05:55 PM
Is anyone as excited as I am? Only 3 more days! >O I know some of you won't be able to make the costumes for the shoot, but hopefully we'll still see you around~! <3

Mucai
08-30-2006, 06:08 PM
What time/place is the shoot?

Kiniro Hoshi
08-31-2006, 12:56 AM
^.^ Time and place are in the first post.

;_; Sad day Cat-Chan! I'll be looking for you at the con though, you'll be the best volunteer there I know it! =D

Well, my costume will only be about 60% finished anyways. Hopefully we'll be able to have another photoshoot with SkyPirate soon and I'll post finished pictures up here *nods*. In person though, the debut will have to wait until A-kon. Oni-con is right in the middle of marching band season *is in the color guard*, so I won't be able to go. I think time and money just got a little bit out of hand with this costume, but, being my first "big" costume and all, I think it's turning out really well ^o^.

Mucai
08-31-2006, 01:02 AM
That post says 4 or 4.30. Which one is it?
Outside the main events room?

It looks like it might clash with the unoffical cosplay.com meetup thingy... ("5-6pm")

tahiti
08-31-2006, 11:16 AM
I know what you mean, Hoshi. School just started for me, but I'm already dying. *shakes fist at accounting classes* Flower Card's wig may not even be finished, but if I can get it all green, I'll just wear as is. And she probably won't have her weird collar thingy (can't think of the right word), and wristbands. But I will be green! ^^!

Kiniro Hoshi
09-01-2006, 12:32 AM
That post says 4 or 4.30. Which one is it?
Outside the main events room?

It looks like it might clash with the unoffical cosplay.com meetup thingy... ("5-6pm")

Ah, I see. Let's say it'll start at 4, but if people are late they are always welcome to show up. And we'll meet outside of the main events room, but go to another place. The best place for the meet-up (the place we'll be going to) is kinda hard to explain (the only way I can think of to describe it is as the big area upstairs with all the collums, which is just a little too vague), so I thought we'd just meet up outside the main events room since everyone can find that easily. My group and I know where the place is and we'll show everyone once we all gather outside the main events room. It's really close by, so don't worry, not too much walking involved. But it's nice and open with fairly good lighting. Hopefully it won't interfere with the cosplay.com meetup, but if so we'll find something to do =D

Kiniro Hoshi
09-06-2006, 12:59 AM
Thank you to everyone who made it! It was great seeing everyone, even those who couldn't make it to the shoot or couldn't finish on time. Everyone looked great ^o^ . Hopefully a successful con for all?

Cat-Chans
09-06-2006, 01:31 AM
I had a blast. Since I missed out on all the CCS action I can't wait to see pictures from the shoot.

Pancake-mix
09-06-2006, 08:43 AM
I really wanna see more pictures from AFEST, so if anyone posts them up, tell me~! <3 Everyone there had such sweet costumes!

Oh and, it was nice meeting you all, even if I did seem a little weird at first. (A lot to take in xD)

tahiti
09-06-2006, 06:54 PM
Yaaaaaaay for more RANDUM fun. I had a blast, expecially with my POWAAAAH Card. KINGDOM BODY PAINT!
Yaaaay!
AND I LOVE YOUR ICON PANCAKE MIX. It's like.. mesmerizing.. ALMOST LIKE ITS TAKING MY SOUL!

Pancake-mix
09-06-2006, 08:03 PM
Yaaaaaaay for more RANDUM fun. I had a blast, expecially with my POWAAAAH Card. KINGDOM BODY PAINT!
Yaaaay!
AND I LOVE YOUR ICON PANCAKE MIX. It's like.. mesmerizing.. ALMOST LIKE ITS TAKING MY SOUL!
Bwahaha! We were the best clow cards because of our painted geostigma-like skin. >3 Muh friend just sent me new pictures with us in 'em for the gallery! You should go look if you haven't already seen.

And yes. The souls picture is awesome. I wish I could've used this though:
http://img167.imageshack.us/img167/8360/soulscr5.png

But apparently it's too big. Oh well. xD;

tahiti
09-06-2006, 11:16 PM
Bwahaha! We were the best clow cards because of our painted geostigma-like skin. >3 Muh friend just sent me new pictures with us in 'em for the gallery! You should go look if you haven't already seen.

And yes. The souls picture is awesome. I wish I could've used this though:
http://img167.imageshack.us/img167/8360/soulscr5.png

But apparently it's too big. Oh well. xD;

Heck yeah we are! And I so saw those pictures. I saved a couple to put up in my own gallery. I love the one of us with our hands together. Flower Power! TEE HEE.
Oh, my that second picture! So great XD SOULLLLLLLLLS