PDA

View Full Version : Crazy skit Idea for the 2K6!

fightstar
06-14-2006, 07:58 PM
Saw this on the zeitgiest of the web, youtube.com, and thought it would be cool to do at Dragon Con this year. Watch the vid and tell me what you think. Warning the first part seems a little boring, but wait for part to. All together the video is not that long and it won't dissappoint, promise.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDSGmx8c2AM

Tell me what you think.

Eurobeat King
06-14-2006, 09:06 PM
My friends from iPlay did a similar skit at Fanime 2006 and won an award:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsqJg6kA_c8&search=fanime%20

While the skit would work at an anime con, doing that at Dragoncon, a sci-fi/fantasy/comic/movie con, even if you spiced it up with ninjas or something, may not work because the majority of the audience would not be familiar with the song. It's cute & catchy, but people wouldn't understand it..

But if you wish to do such a skit, by all means go for it.

fightstar
06-14-2006, 09:35 PM
This is true my friend. However, if anyone has the dare to their flare then I am man enought to step up on stage with them. Even with the risk of the 'StormTrooper' furry of embarassment on me. Besides, I have to get so kind of discusstion started. I mean someone has to be bold and daring for the Dragon Con 2K6 around here, right?

SaccharineDream
06-17-2006, 07:06 PM
Oh My God. That is AWESOME. I just watched in awe. I can't believe someone came up with that! Seems like something that weird should come from outer space. Reminds me of The Ministry of Funny Walks from Monty Python :toothy:

BTW, I would totally do that with you! I showed my sis, BloodRegime, and she says she would too. If we do it, I think we should get in some rehearsal time. Maybe make a party out of it, lol

Also, why wouldn't it work at Dragon*Con? What is the song from? I had never heard of it before...

joeranger
06-20-2006, 12:05 PM
I envision the elves from LOTR pulling it off pretty well, or storm troopers...

fightstar
06-20-2006, 06:01 PM
Anyway you wanta' do it, the 'Cobra Ninja' is down! How many and what kinds of types of characters do you think we could do for Dragon Con 2K6?

SaccharineDream
06-21-2006, 02:06 PM
pointy ears! ha! hmm... Any less than 6 people wouldn't be enough, I think. Blood and I's Monarch Henchmen would not work, since the wings would get in the way. Ein, Ivy, or Sly would though. How bout a ninja and then a dog? lol Um, maybe "sneaky" characters like Sly and ninjas? I like that, because then I would have a mask. haha this is too much fun!

Rukia_Kurosaki
07-20-2006, 01:42 PM
Oh My God. That is AWESOME. I just watched in awe. I can't believe someone came up with that! Seems like something that weird should come from outer space. Reminds me of The Ministry of Funny Walks from Monty Python :toothy:

BTW, I would totally do that with you! I showed my sis, BloodRegime, and she says she would too. If we do it, I think we should get in some rehearsal time. Maybe make a party out of it, lol

Also, why wouldn't it work at Dragon*Con? What is the song from? I had never heard of it before...

A lot of stuff doesn't work at Dragon*Con...That was found out last year....

Darth Takeo
07-20-2006, 01:46 PM
A lot of stuff doesn't work at Dragon*Con...That was found out last year....
Amen.

Die, Island of Misfit Toys, DIE!!!!!

Rukia_Kurosaki
07-20-2006, 01:52 PM
That was a good skit and all, but larger groups like that get to break the rules so much, it's crazy. It did not used to be like that. I know because this will be my 18th. I've been ging since 1989 (even though I was a baby ^^)

Darkkyo
07-20-2006, 03:20 PM
yeah but how horrible is a thing when the only way the judges could even stand it was to get:cheers: . I watched it last year and to this day some of them still don't make sense. Hmmm i wonder if Areosith will be there again this year:lost: .

Rukia_Kurosaki
07-20-2006, 03:29 PM
Half the audience was drunk too. So were the MC's so they screwed everything over basically.

fightstar
07-20-2006, 05:59 PM
Well, if you guys do get brave and want to throw caution, as well as sanity, to the wind let me know. I have my 'Cobra Ninja Warrior' almost done and I'll be there for Dragon Con 2K6!

Rukia_Kurosaki
07-20-2006, 06:10 PM
I would volunteer because it'd be fun for no other reason than to get the people coordinated. I'd have an anime costume though. Maybe you should get characters from various fandoms.

NeoSpike
07-20-2006, 06:37 PM
If I were goign I'd sooo join in...

who says people woulnd't "Get" it?

fightstar
07-20-2006, 07:00 PM
Well that's 3 players! Do I hear 4?

Yes, people from various 'Fandoms' I think is the success of this skit. I will be there representing 'Cobra'. Being there as a 'Cobra Ninja Warrior'or 'Cobra Trooper' I am not sure yet, but whatever is needed for success.

Not sure about doing the first part and getting to the second before the 'Stormtrooper of Bad Skit Bannishment" comes out, but whatever.

Rukia_Kurosaki
07-20-2006, 09:51 PM
If they do something, I will talk to Pat Henry (main director) because I know him and reporting the director last year got a new one ^^

SaccharineDream
07-21-2006, 10:24 PM
I can't believe that the skits would be so poorly done as you guys are saying - how could they just decide they are bored with a skit and kick the people off the stage? I understand if it is ridiculously long, but really now...

R-chan
07-21-2006, 11:00 PM
whoa I remember that video. I agree that people'll probably not get it at D*C. AWA yea sure. The skit would be fun to watch though. Good luck

Rukia_Kurosaki
07-21-2006, 11:36 PM
I can't believe that the skits would be so poorly done as you guys are saying - how could they just decide they are bored with a skit and kick the people off the stage? I understand if it is ridiculously long, but really now...

It's so they can see the women in skippy clothing, but I say go for it. Show you're not afraid.

nachtinis
07-25-2006, 11:08 PM
ill join in although tthe only ninja i have is sub-zero, but what if it were a group of Mr. Rogers(PBS) doing mr rogers things (changing shoes, sweater, talking to trolley, etc...)

fightstar
08-06-2006, 09:04 PM
25 days and counting unitl Dragon Con 2K6!!! How is everyone feeling about doing a 'Crazy Pythagoras Switch Cross Fandom' skit? I'm still down and practicing from time to time. Nothing series of course, but damn it is fun to watch. Lets get some feedback and keep our motivation up.

fightstar
08-28-2006, 08:23 AM
Giving this thread a bump because we are 4 days away from Dragon Con 2K6 AND....I want to know how everyone is feeling about this. If you all still want to group together and find others as we go along I am down! Post something and let us know. See you all in Atlanta, GA otherwise.

InuYasha Girl
08-29-2006, 01:36 PM
Hey cross your fingers!!! Trying to get my uncle to say yes for me to do the skit with you guys. Would you mind if I was a blonde Envy from FMA? If he says no though then the best of luck to you all.

fightstar
08-29-2006, 02:39 PM
Hey cross your fingers!!! Trying to get my uncle to say yes for me to do the skit with you guys. Would you mind if I was a blonde Envy from FMA? If he says no though then the best of luck to you all.

No problem with me! I would take more charge of this, but I really can't. I do not want to sound like I am dodging responciblity, but I have other commitments to my main group. Loooong story short, lots of senor ranked peeps in my main group can't make it and a lot of the pre-con meet up and parade details have fallen to me. I am honor for those responciblities, but I do not want to spread myself out to thin.

Since I have never participated in one of these skits I am not sure how the logistics work out. After all someone needs to get the music for this thing. Then we need to meet atleast 30 mins before we go on and practice a bit. 3 to 5 times I would say. Then get ready to do this! Skit wouldn't last that long, but we aren't doing this for a prize (that I recall) we are doing this for fun, enjoyment and spreading the same to others.

2 days left my fellow Dragon Con attendees! How do you all feel?

SaccharineDream
08-30-2006, 11:02 PM
Well unless the skits are on Sunday, I won't be able to do it. And its my friends b-day celebration that day, so I would probably be with her partying down ;) BUT people don't lose hope, I'm all in support of it!

oh PS I am going to be there on Sunday only, with a faun cos hopefully done by then ^^

Evil Dr. Axis
08-31-2006, 11:25 AM
I hope this works out for you guys, but I'm going to go ahead and warn you. I have a serious feeling you'll probably make it about 60 seconds, if that, before they have you eating blaster. I'd make sure I had some killer audio or something, because the crowd is going to get bored. On that note, remember you need the author's permission to use music this year (serious suckness). Good luck.