PDA

View Full Version : Cosplay.com Photo

Admin
03-03-2003, 04:54 AM
Cosplay.com (at least Admin, Aeris and Eurobeat King) will be attending this convention . . . does anyone have any suggestions as to a good place and time to meet and have an official cosplay.com photo?

Miaka No Baka
03-03-2003, 11:47 AM
I've never been there myself but perhaps we could meet up in the lobby of the hotel first and if anyone knows of a good place we can all just move over to there ^_^; As for time I'd have to say either friday or saturday. Friday I'd say around 5 or 6 pm that way ppl would be there if not Saturday around 12-3 sometime that way those who are already there should be awake by then ^_^; and plus that won't conflict with the masquerade for those who are entering.

Miaka no Baka

Admin
03-03-2003, 11:53 AM
I'm thinking Saturday around 1 or 2-ish. Maybe Al will have some suggestions as I *think* he's been there before but I can't remember . . .

Nine
03-04-2003, 12:38 AM
There is an "official squaresoft photoshoot" on Saturday at 12, where everyone dressed as a Squaresoft character gets together for photographs.. maybe having the cosplay.com around that time too would be great, and merge both together?

Admin
03-04-2003, 12:49 AM
We could definitely shoot for maybe 12:30 or something if a lot of people will already be there . . . wouldn't need to merge or anything. :)

Does anyone know of any other shoots being organized for Saturday?

Nine
03-06-2003, 03:30 AM
If you go to Sakuracon's message board, and start a topic in the cosplay forum about a cosplay.com photoshoot, you'll definately get a lot of voices and it would be a good way to figure out the best time:)

Miaka No Baka
03-06-2003, 04:02 AM
yeah I looked at the time line for the masquerade. There's a meeting at 9 am til I dont know but then there's another one at 2:30 I think so I think 12 or close to 12 would be the best that way no one gets held up and loses their spot in the masq. and plus there might be a larger turn out ^_^;

Miaka no Baka

Eurobeat King
03-06-2003, 04:30 AM
I went to Sakuracon 6 years ago back in 1998, when it was the first year and was called Bakacon. Since then, they've changed hotels, so this year will be a new con experience for me and I have no idea what the hotel interior looks like or where a good place would be to have the cosplay.com photoshoot. But once I get there Friday morning, I'll scout it out and see what spots make a good one for our gathering. Still, if anyone puts up good suggestions having been to that hotel before, keep posting so that admin and I can coordinate the plan. Time-wise, anytime on Saturday would be fine for me, even though I'm supposedly in a skit for the masqy, my costume is simple and wouldn't take long to change into it. So Saturday afternoon, anytime between noon-2pm would be fine. :)

Lynzie
03-06-2003, 01:50 PM
I went last year, and I really can't think of a "perfect" spot. It's mostly just hallways, hallways, and more hallways. I think the lobby would be the best spot, really.

Lainish Kuma
03-10-2003, 01:14 AM
Yeah the lobby might be best XD It really IS all halls... I like the hotel they used in 01 much better.... I shall definately try and make it!

Quetzalcoatl
03-11-2003, 11:26 AM
It's difficult to find a good place to put everyone together for a photo shoot. I suspect you'll have too many people to catch all at once anyway, and the convention-entrance lobby isn't that big. There's also the hotel-entrance lobby, but that's rather dark.

If the weather cooperates, it's best to do this kind of thing outside, where you're not taking up lots of space in a hallway and the light is better for photos. The hotel has a nice courtyard we might be able to use for that.

Miaka No Baka
03-11-2003, 11:41 AM
I think the courtyard is where the squaresoft photo shoot will be and since we're trying to get the cosplay.com one right after we might as well. But I think squaresoft is meeting up in the lobby then moving to the courtyard area. So cosplay.com should just gather then too I guess?

Miaka no Baka

Lynzie
03-11-2003, 04:48 PM
I'd just like to point out that the con will be in WASHINGTON in the SPRING... so never, ever ever EVER count on the weather to cooperate. :P This'll be my fourth year at this con, and it hasn't cooperated yet.

Eurobeat King
03-25-2003, 12:22 AM
To all those attending Sakuracon: Admin told me tonight that something came up, so Aeris and himself will not be able to make it to Sakuracon next weekend. :( It's too bad, as I'm sure a lot of you were looking forward to meet them, and so was I, since I haven't seen them since October (animagic) and the Admin's assistance at S-con would've helped me out sooooo much photo-wise. "I can't do it alone!!" whoops.. too much Chicago.. hehe

Sooo, it looks like I will be the only site-mod representin' cosplay.com there, as well as the main photographer. so keep an eye out for me and I'll do the best I can to take as many pictures of cosplayers that I can.. (No pressure) :thumbsup: The photoshoot on Saturday WILL still take place as scheduled, so if anyone wants to help me organize it either before/after the FF-photoshoot then that would be appreciated.

I'll be there Friday morning around 9:30am, so look for me cosplaying as Shinji, either by myself or in a group of Eva girls Then I'll be wandering around taking pics, all the way until the evening. Be sure to stop by my "table/set-up" FR (and SAT.) night where I'll be printing up some of the pics I took during the day, and have music playing.. :skidude2:

See you all in 11 days!!

Miaka No Baka
03-25-2003, 02:29 AM
yeah I've been gathering a compliation of all the planned group photo shoots. We're going to try and get them distributed along in the con packets if possible ^_^ that way ppl who don't post on the msg forums can still know what's going on and participate or get good group shots. I've got the list almost compiled but there are some ppl who suggest groups but have yet to get a date time and location ^_^; Wednesday the list should hopefully be finalized, if those ppl fail to inform by then their group info won't be added to the list.

But as of now I have it down that the cosplay.com one will follow after the squaresoft one so I say after the square soft one those who are in that shoot we could all go back to the lobby and get more cosplay.com ppl so maybe someone can have a sign with cosplay.com to get more ppl to come ^_^;

Miaka no Baka

Quetzalcoatl
03-25-2003, 03:34 AM
Thank you for putting that info together, since it sounds like we'll be running from one camera to another and I, for one, would like to do more at this con than pose and say 'cheezu'

Miaka No Baka
03-25-2003, 11:30 AM
yeah no problem ^_^ I for one like getting group shots and being in them ^_^ which is why I'm compiling the list ^_^

Miaka no Baka