PDA

View Full Version : Superman, anyone?

LakStLucian
06-15-2006, 08:04 AM
Considering the new Superman movie comes out in about 2 weeks, I was wondering if anyone is doing any Superman related Cosplay this summer?

For the past three years I've done Superman themed costumes: Last year, I was "Krypto the Superdog", the year before I was "Sailor Super Mask" (Aka: What if Superman existed in the Sailor Moon Universe?), and the year prior to that I went as "Goth Superman".

Shockingly, though I have an extreme love for the character, this year I'm not doing anything Superman related. Instead, I'm going with the original Superman Knock-off, Captain Marvel.

So, since I'm not doing Superman myself, I'm hoping that others are doing him, or characters related to Superman.

Anyone?

Temperance
06-15-2006, 02:25 PM
Oy, supes would be an expensive venture (assuming you are doing the Movie version). The fabric used on his cape was imported from France.. it's like $90/yard! Eek!

LakStLucian
06-15-2006, 04:32 PM
Oy, supes would be an expensive venture (assuming you are doing the Movie version). The fabric used on his cape was imported from France.. it's like $90/yard! Eek!

Yikes! Well, no one would really have to use that fabric. Plus, I don't mean just "movie" Supes, but any version, variant, of Superman, or even his supporting cast from the comics/cartoons, etc.

SuperCammy
07-02-2006, 10:12 AM
I cosplayed as Supergirl and my boyfriend as Superboy Prime (from Infinite Crisis) this year. We met the two creators of Infinite Crisis, Geoff Johns and Phil Jimenez too, and we all got along really well.

Husk
07-02-2006, 05:11 PM
you met Geoff Johns and Phil Jimenez?! you're soo lucky superCammy. I also do Supergirl, well, i will soon. I've started her S:TAS version. It's all done but i need to add the cape to the shirt, other than that i'ts pretty acurate too, ^_^. While at the movie opening i saw a few supermen runnin' around. But on a whole there weren't many cosplayers, -sigh-

LakStLucian
07-03-2006, 11:22 AM
There weren't any Superman cosplayers around for the opening of the movie here, not that I saw anyway (Apparently some theater had a huge Superman party, and cosplayers were there, but I didn't know about it until like 2 days later! ARGH!!). I, however, went in my Clark Kent outfit ... which was basically khakis, dress shirt open to reveal a Superman t-shirt, and the "S" curl in my hair.

LakStLucian
07-03-2006, 11:24 AM
I cosplayed as Supergirl and my boyfriend as Superboy Prime (from Infinite Crisis) this year. We met the two creators of Infinite Crisis, Geoff Johns and Phil Jimenez too, and we all got along really well.

I've seen the pictures of you guys. Fantastic job! You guys going to be at Otakon or Dragon*Con by any chance? I'd love to get my own pics of you two. Really good take on the Superboy Prime costume!

KaineMaxwell
07-03-2006, 01:34 PM
Those costumes look amazing!!

George duel
07-03-2006, 04:24 PM
Well you don't need a fabric imported from France... They used Milliskin for the movie costume (custom printed for the diamond pattern, but...) you can buy Milliskin from spandexhouse.com
And the "S" shield was made by casting latex into a mold and laser cutted (and engraved with hundreds of tiny "S")
http://www.rpf.invisionzone.com/index.php?showtopic=111809&hl=superman
http://misellus.ucs.ualberta.ca/~kevin/superman/

Tsuyosa
07-08-2006, 10:34 PM
*pops in*
>> http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v298/TimDrake/SuperBrian.jpg
http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=687371
<<
pops out

Raouken
07-09-2006, 10:35 AM
Tsuyosa, you look amazing! Wow..the S on your chest is really well done.

And yay to everyone cosplaying something from Superman! *is a fangirl XD*

George duel
07-09-2006, 12:39 PM
Better than the movie Supes!;)

Meng Xiaojie
07-09-2006, 04:09 PM
*leers at Tsuyosa's Superman cosplay pics*

RAWR, baby! Looks awesome!

reannaremick
07-09-2006, 06:13 PM
Awesome Superman cosplay Tsuyosa, where'd you find the boots? I want a pair of those just to wear around town, haha.

I'm hopefully going to have a Lex next year for Dragon Con and I'm planning to do at least one, if not two of Kitty's outfits. Right now I'm thinking the one that sort of resembles a riding outfit that she has on while Lex reads the Superman Returns issue of the Daily Planet, and the other being the outfit from the car wreck scene.

mizuhaki
07-09-2006, 08:15 PM
superman ^o^ Tsuyosa should've been superman in the movie xD that's a wicked costume

SuperCammy
07-25-2006, 02:56 AM
I've seen the pictures of you guys. Fantastic job! You guys going to be at Otakon or Dragon*Con by any chance? I'd love to get my own pics of you two. Really good take on the Superboy Prime costume!

Thanks! Unfortunately it's a long way to travel for us to attend those conventions, and we really can't afford to take a trip overseas either.

The next convention we're going to is Supanova in Sydney, I'm cosplaying as Ravager from the Teen Titans comic, my boyfriend as Superman, his friend as Batman, and another friend as The Flash.

Hopefully we can get lots more people to dress up as DC superheroes as well, it'd be great to have a good comic group for once.

Cal-El
08-06-2006, 08:57 AM
*pops in*
>> http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v298/TimDrake/SuperBrian.jpg
http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=687371
<<
pops out

Brah, that is one heck of a Supes outfit! I know people bag on Brandon Routh and the new suit, but I think both are cool. Chris Reeve will always be Supes to me - but Brandon is a close second.

I wanna do a Supes for Halloween (not a public thing) but I'm only 6'1" - too short. :mad: Okay height for a Stormtrooper or Indy though. :)

Too cool.

LakStLucian
08-09-2006, 09:17 AM
The next convention we're going to is Supanova in Sydney, I'm cosplaying as Ravager from the Teen Titans comic, my boyfriend as Superman, his friend as Batman, and another friend as The Flash.

Nice! I can't wait to see pictures of these costumes. I'm a *huge* fan of DC Comics cosplay. Check out my Captain Marvel costume in the photo gallery (though, it's the Captain with a bit of a fetish twist). (Photos coming soon, I have to resize them first)

- J

reannaremick
08-09-2006, 08:01 PM
Well I put a thread up on the con forum itself, but no one has replied so I guess I'll toss it out here too, is ANYONE bringing Superman (particularly Superman Returns, but really anything will do) related costumes to Dragon Con? I'm doing two of Kitty Kowalski's outfits Friday and I'd love to get pics with some other Superman folks.

Tsuyosa
08-09-2006, 10:07 PM
Brah, that is one heck of a Supes outfit! I know people bag on Brandon Routh and the new suit, but I think both are cool. Chris Reeve will always be Supes to me - but Brandon is a close second.

I wanna do a Supes for Halloween (not a public thing) but I'm only 6'1" - too short. :mad: Okay height for a Stormtrooper or Indy though. :)

Too cool.

You are NOT too short!! I'm 5'7, but you know what... why the heck not? :) Like Nike says... just do it!

Well I put a thread up on the con forum itself, but no one has replied so I guess I'll toss it out here too, is ANYONE bringing Superman (particularly Superman Returns, but really anything will do) related costumes to Dragon Con? I'm doing two of Kitty Kowalski's outfits Friday and I'd love to get pics with some other Superman folks.

I'm hoping I can make it up to Dragon Con, In which case I'll probably bring my Superman, Spiderman, and Link costumes.... that is IF, I can make it.

reannaremick
08-10-2006, 07:37 AM
I'm hoping I can make it up to Dragon Con, In which case I'll probably bring my Superman, Spiderman, and Link costumes.... that is IF, I can make it.

Yey! If you can make it pleeeeeeeeeease wear Superman Friday! I would love to get some pics with you while I'm Kitty. ^_^

LakStLucian
08-10-2006, 08:43 AM

While I won't be in a Superman costume this year, I hope to see you there. I'd love to get pictures of your Kitty Kowalski outfits! (This is going to be my first Dragon*Con, so I'm very excited about being able to see such a wider variety of costumes than at Otakon).

- J

LakStLucian
08-10-2006, 08:45 AM

Dude, your costume is amazing. Did you make the shield yourself? It's perfect! If you do end up at Dragon*Con, I hope to get your picture. Actually, I'd love to get a picture with you ... Superman & Captain Marvel.

-J

Shippofan
10-05-2010, 10:40 PM
I just bought a cape for my superman costume off ebay. Sadly I wouldn't be able to finish my superman costume until next year since I have to save money.

gatuomaala
08-12-2011, 09:32 PM
In search of Superman cosplay in Minnesota!

abwchris
08-17-2011, 12:02 AM
In search of Superman cosplay in Minnesota!

Not Minnesota but I am in Wisconsin!

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c356/abw_chris/Wausaubicon/280068_1859834211908_1122491720_31559561_1873023_o .jpg
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c356/abw_chris/Wausaubicon/wasausupes.jpg
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c356/abw_chris/Metro%202011/2011-06-11164132.jpg