PDA

View Full Version : AWA Early Start!!

UrMastrInuYasha
06-15-2006, 12:15 PM
Yes!! AWA Early start is here.. For those of you who don't want to wait in line..

Read more here:

http://www.awa-con.com/index.php?mact=News,cntnt01,detail,0&cntnt01articleid=16&cntnt01returnid=15

if the link doesn't work.. just go to the AWA home page.. it's near the top in the news section.

livvylove
06-15-2006, 01:22 PM
That's cool but cost a little more then what I am willing to pay. But it will be a cool feature for some people. I am guessing the reason why they put the price that high so everyone who preregisters doesn't want to get it since it's their first year and they don't want it to turn into a big mess.

UrMastrInuYasha
06-15-2006, 01:26 PM
That's cool but cost a little more then what I am willing to pay. But it will be a cool feature for some people. I am guessing the reason why they put the price that high so everyone who preregisters doesn't want to get it since it's their first year and they don't want it to turn into a big mess.

Yea.. Since I'm going with like a group of 20+ people. it's not going to be that much.. i hate waiting in lines

Plus.. the extra time from not waiting in line lets me check into my hotel, and get my costume on and ready.. No way i heck I'm drivin to Atlanta in my costume.

Miako
06-15-2006, 04:21 PM
I think it's awesome, since I live like 6 hours from Atlanta, I'm completely going to do it, it'll be worth it for me I think. After driving there I really don't want to wait in a long line...

R-chan
06-15-2006, 04:53 PM
It's a pretty good idea. I'd do it if I didn't already pre-reg. The pre-reg line isn't insanely long anyway

SilentCAt
06-15-2006, 07:03 PM
already printed mine out

Hart
06-16-2006, 03:36 PM
Ahhhh...nice! AWA needs to hurry it up! Im getting eager to go again and have a good time hopefully~

UrMastrInuYasha
06-17-2006, 12:01 PM
Ahhhh...nice! AWA needs to hurry it up! Im getting eager to go again and have a good time hopefully~

Yea.. I know!! I can't wait...

But at this moment.. the chances of me going keep looking more and more less... :lost:

!*Jessi-Chan*!
06-17-2006, 12:44 PM
so...can someone explain this too me in lamens terms? What is the exact price of this Early Start. I live in SC...but WAYYYY by NC...and am unsure about the exact hours (right now...i can always check) of how far it is to ATL. Would it be better for me to do this? I'm going in a group, but we live all over..Some in GA, some in NC, some in SC, and some in Alabama. I don't exactly know what all of them are going to do, but me, my bf, and a friend all live the furthest away...

demonic_angel
06-17-2006, 01:05 PM
Sounds like a good idea if you are in a group...... I'm still stuck on how to re-order the shirts. Sorry, this is my first year going to AWA. I didn't even know about the shirts until I read the early start thing and seen that they needed to be preordered.

!*Jessi-Chan*!
06-18-2006, 01:55 AM
this is my first year at AWA as well...that's why i ask such newb questions

nebbie
06-19-2006, 12:19 PM
This only sounds truly beneficial if you're in a big group. If you're a single person, or just a small group, then the cost outweighs the benefits...$25 for shipping? No thanks. I can forfeit 15 minutes of my life to wait in line, lol.

Utai Mitsumo
07-14-2006, 12:38 AM
this is my first year at AWA as well...that's why i ask such newb questions

you're not the only noob going to AWA XD i got roped into going, and i live in NC (i don't remember if we ever ran into each other at AZ...we most likely did XD). it's about an 8 hour drive from where i'm at.

and since i just skimmed the other posts, lamens terms for early start seems something like:

Pay $25 extra and get your badge sent to you a week before the con, then just bring it with you to the con.

but that's just my guess ^^;;

(might not want to listen to a fellow noob)

!*Jessi-Chan*!
07-14-2006, 03:54 PM
you're not the only noob going to AWA XD i got roped into going, and i live in NC (i don't remember if we ever ran into each other at AZ...we most likely did XD). it's about an 8 hour drive from where i'm at.

and since i just skimmed the other posts, lamens terms for early start seems something like:

Pay $25 extra and get your badge sent to you a week before the con, then just bring it with you to the con.

but that's just my guess ^^;;

(might not want to listen to a fellow noob)

WHOO! we may have run into each other...i was all over the place o.O and you shouldn't look at it as being "roped" into going. it's going to be a BLAST!

Utai Mitsumo
07-14-2006, 04:52 PM
WHOO! we may have run into each other...i was all over the place o.O and you shouldn't look at it as being "roped" into going. it's going to be a BLAST!

lol XD no doubt it's gonna be a blast~! i can't wait to go X3

phantomthief
07-14-2006, 05:34 PM
Come one guys ^.~ Stay on topic!

But just to reiterate, the Early Start program sends you your badge about a week before the convention.

It is $25 for a single person, and after that it costs $2 per extra person.

So yes, if you're in a large group it's okay, but I really don't think it's worth it if yu've already preregistered. It took a grand total of 5 minutes to get our badges last year ^.~

~Ari-chan

Jemmeh
07-15-2006, 05:45 PM
Just to clear some things up. Early start is awesome cause those lines can get pretty long but if you just pre-reg you can survive. :3

Early start is 25.00 Additional to the memership. It's kind of vague on that.

You can't buy Early start in groups unless you mail in the actual forms.(Actually, all group registration has to be mailed in.) :3 If you're registering online, you have to do it person by person and that means each person has to pay 25 bucks in addition. x_x

Pre-register is now 35 up until....August 15th I think....so when you total it together, for one person, the entire price is 60 bucks.

If you don't mind in mailing forms in, and you're in a decently sized group, I say go for it. If you're by yourself, pre-reg, and get there at a decent hour. x: