PDA

View Full Version : Tsubasa Syaoran costume

xpXDeathXqx
06-15-2006, 04:07 PM
Are the two strands from Syaoran's shirt, part of his shirt or a belt, and is he wearing sweat pants? What would I do for his cloak? Just wonderin'

feytaline
06-15-2006, 06:07 PM
The strands I made attached to the shirt, though they could just as easily be attached to the pants, I see, from looking at my figurine. I used an old belt and cut it into four pieces, rounded the edges, and sewed gold buttons on them. They hung down on their own nicely.

I wouldn't say sweatpants would be accurate. Even though they look very generic, Syaoran's an archeologist, you know, so he'd want something a little stronger than that. My boyfriend just wore some khakis, and that looked great, but they should be gathered around the bottom to be completely accurate.

Cloaks are a pain. I couldn't even tell you how I made his. The fun part was beating it up!

Aer
06-15-2006, 06:35 PM
I looove making cloaks, so easy :3

If you prefer, there are LOTS of cloak patterns out there you can easily modify, or you can make it up yourself! They are basically really long trapezoidal shapes that make up the cloak; just panels sewn together.

feytaline
06-15-2006, 07:29 PM
Er, I should've been specific. The HOOD was the tough part. The cloak itself was pie. Do you have any good patterns you could recommend for a cloak like Syaoran's? It has a really large hood, so...