PDA

View Full Version : Costume-Con 26 in San Jose, CA 2008 - Online registration is now open! & Hotel set!

BoinkCoBoy
06-16-2006, 03:22 PM
I'm pleased to announce that online registration is now open for Costume-Con 26, to be held April 25-28, 2008 in San Jose, CA.

Visit https://www.cc26.info/interactive/registration_form.php to register now and take advantage of our early-bird registration rates. Prices go up after Hallowe'en!

Lady Kathleen o
06-17-2006, 02:28 AM
Kevin!!

You already have my registration and check that I wrote you. You and my husband were talking IBM stuff. That is where my hubby started his IBM career was at the San Jose plant there on Cottle Rd.

I am so looking forward to CC26 for it will be a combonation Convention weekend, Anniversary Trip (36 years), and family reunion. Hubby and I plan to make a vacation out of this, maybe even do a drive to the city by the Bay!!

BoinkCoBoy
06-17-2006, 03:48 AM
Kevin!!

You already have my registration and check that I wrote you. You and my husband were talking IBM stuff. That is where my hubby started his IBM career was at the San Jose plant there on Cottle Rd.

I am so looking forward to CC26 for it will be a combonation Convention weekend, Anniversary Trip (36 years), and family reunion. Hubby and I plan to make a vacation out of this, maybe even do a drive to the city by the Bay!!

Everyone who registered with us using the hardcopy form will be entered into the online system; if you gave us an email address you can expect to receive a couple of email messages with your online account info and confirmation numbers. (Those online accounts can be used later should we end up with any "add-on" excursion tickets, etc.)

Lady Hoshi
07-30-2006, 08:36 PM
I can't wait to register. but I most, until I have the money.

I'm so nervous. This will be my first costume con.

Nadeshiko
07-30-2006, 10:18 PM
I don't know where I will be then, but if I am still in Cali, I'll be sure to attend.

BoinkCoBoy
08-01-2006, 05:44 PM
I can't wait to register. but I most, until I have the money.

I'm so nervous. This will be my first costume con.

Don't be nervous... we're pretty friendly folk, and we all love costuming in one aspect or another!

Lady Hoshi
08-14-2006, 01:14 AM
cool, thanks!

Are there all levels of cosplayers? I'm not very skilled and sorta self taught. I just really love hall cosplay and panels on cosplay. I hate competion.

I'm not even sure what I will make for something like this. I've only been to anime cons.

AuroraCeleste
08-14-2006, 05:37 PM
I'm sure there will be enough teaching panels and discussions for you to have plenty of fun, Lady Hoshi, and every competition needs an audience! You could make whatever kind of costume you desire, there are groups of historical costumers, from victorian, renaissance, fifties, and earlier, copies of costumes from movies and tv, from Star Trek and Star Wars to Firefly and Harry Potter, and people who make costumes from their imagination. There are plenty of anime costumes, as well, so you wouldn't have to make something new if you didn't want to. I plan on wearing my Saber costume from Fate/Stay Night and my Esther Blanchett costume from Trinity Blood at Costume Con 25 in St. Louis.

Karisu-sama
10-07-2006, 06:29 PM
The CC26 Con Chair is pleased to announce that the hotel contract for Costume-Con 26 with the DoubleTree Hotel San Jose, well-known site of many Bay Area conventions, was signed on October 6, 2006.

The room rates will be $92 for a standard room, 1-4 people.

Note: Reservations cannot be made in the CC26 room block before April 24, 2007

Further details will be posted as we have them! :)

Efecss
01-20-2007, 12:46 AM
I am just cheking this out now. If things go well, I will hve the registration money before Easter, and I am hopingto have three separate enteriesss (Me, and other people modeling my work) for one of the shows.

I'm working with thirmoplastics and fiberglass amongst other things.

Now I have to work on the future fashion folio...

--Updating---

Raven and I are talking about gettin her Sylia Bubblegum crisis HARDSUIT done for the con.

Also, I was remembering to CC12 that I attended. Witht he Austrian Closeorder Drillteam.

Basically two couples, dressed in Elizabethan period clothes made out of Desert Storm camo materials.

They came out marching in parade formation, and did a few circles, then they broke out into a waltz, and then back into drill formation with a parade star and marched off the stage.

I thought it was awesome.

Ameme
04-12-2007, 11:57 PM
Hey, cool, another con coming to Cali! :3 I like to hear that.

Can anybody tell me what this con was like last year? how big is it? Is it focused on one kind of costume, like cosplay, or is it a free-for-all in terms of subject matter? It seems different from anime cons, so I was curious. Thanks in advance!

Gravely
04-13-2007, 01:21 PM
Just look under this heading for a CC-24 review from 2 years ago, and CC-25 how was it for you. That'll give you some ideas as to what the cosplay community thought of it.

To see the competition aspect of the convention for the first 24 years, just go to

http://www.costume-con.org

and cruise around the visual archives.

All types of costumes from all aspects of anybody who likes to dress up are welcome.

CC-26 will be a big one!

Buddycat
04-13-2007, 02:44 PM
Yep. Check out the topic "How was it for you?" and that'll give you an idea. From what people have told us, it was a good one for them...

Kaijugal
04-29-2007, 12:40 AM
Hahaha,

Gee Kevin, Remember how I was going to register for CC26 during one of the parties at CC25 but then decided I would wait to get home and pay online? As it turns out I actually registered for CC26 back in October. LOL ^_^;

Hey, cool, another con coming to Cali! :3 I like to hear that.

Can anybody tell me what this con was like last year? how big is it? Is it focused on one kind of costume, like cosplay, or is it a free-for-all in terms of subject matter? It seems different from anime cons, so I was curious. Thanks in advance!

It was amazing!!

Costume Con was definately NOT focused on one type of costume. People were wearing all sorts of different costume styles from media recreation, (Star Wars, Anime, Comics, Harry Potter, Gaming Minatures, etc), to Historical recreation, to Interpatation, (historical, literary, etc), and Original Designs, (Furries, Fashion, Pirates, etc). There were all sorts of fine and wonderful things.

Unlike many, (but not all), Anime Cons, Original Designs are encouraged.

:)

Efecss
06-15-2007, 09:02 AM
I was at CostumeCon12, and the one grou I loved was the Vienna Close order Marching group (Not the full name, but that's what I remember)

They were dressed in Vienna waltzing outfits, made ffrom Desert Storm camo material.

They came out in a close order drill, did a parade star, and then brokeout in a waltz for a few seconds, then went back into a parade formation and marched off the stage.

It was both hilarious and awesome...

BoinkCoBoy
06-19-2007, 02:01 PM
I was at CostumeCon12, and the one grou I loved was the Vienna Close order Marching group (Not the full name, but that's what I remember)

They were dressed in Vienna waltzing outfits, made ffrom Desert Storm camo material.

That would have been Tace Atque Salta, worn by the Strauss Waltz Assault Team
http://www.costume-con.org/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.ShowItem&g2_itemId=5672

Efecss
06-20-2007, 12:53 AM
That would have been Tace Atque Salta, worn by the Strauss Waltz Assault Team
http://www.costume-con.org/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.ShowItem&g2_itemId=5672

Yup, that was them.

It was such a great concept.

Yukari Kaiba
12-11-2007, 01:48 PM
a friend of mine told me about this con, and after reading up a bit about it i really want to go :D it sounds like a great opportunity to meet other cosplayers and learn some techniques from going to panels. not sure what i'll be wearing (my Bankai! Renji should be done by then, so most likely ill bring that), but either way im looking forward to going. it will be my first time attending Costume Con ^^

Moogleborg
12-19-2007, 08:14 PM
Hey nice! :D Another costume convention to go along with Fanime! :D I'll see if I could go here! ^^