PDA

View Full Version : What typically goes on at a con?

number18
03-03-2003, 12:51 PM
I mean...less of what obviously must go on and more like what goes on between people. Do people meet up to trade/record new anime in hotel rooms? Do people go off to share dinner? Do you pair up with a new "friend" you meet at a con and hang out the whole time? Are there obnoxious, 'better dressed than you' cliques? Or what?

Obviously, there is much to see and do...but I have never been to any sort of con, and if it's possible, Anime Boston will be my first one...and I've always been curious as to what exactly happens between people at cons...

And does anyone live up near Pepperell, MA/Nashua, NH??

^_^

Michi
03-03-2003, 01:16 PM
You could ask this in the general chat, too. ^^

I've never been to Anime Boston, but the general stuff that happens at each con is usually the same.

Everything you asked generally happens. Some cons have hundreds of people, so god knows what some of them are doing. :P
Well, except for the cliques part.. I hope that doesn't happen.

You could try looking through convention reports, and read up on what they did. ^^ Widya's Anime Convention Link page helps with this..

http://www.nyx.net/~wsantoso/cosplay.html

Just try to find personal reports and... yeah. ^_^

Most people just go to meet new people, watch anime, share their music videos or art, and so on..

hikura
03-03-2003, 08:04 PM
Hi.Plus you get to buy new anime and meet the creators of the anime.Lots of people do what you mentioned.Get together and have fun.Trade ideas on things related to anime and or other stuff.Plus my favorite thing:total and utter mayhem Lmao.

RichAyanami
03-11-2003, 11:50 AM
I don't think I've ever wandered a con alone before... but at times for me it's almost mostly hanging out with my friends and other people in costume...and not so much watching and buying anime. But yeah you can definitely meet lots of new people because otaku are just plain friendly (among other adjectives, but most of them nice). At Katsu for example this group of fangirls attacked me, and I talk to them all the time now in the forums...

XD just have fun, and pretty much, whatever goes at cons...