PDA

View Full Version : Kaori Yuki's GodChild Cosplay Group

bittereloquence
06-18-2006, 10:56 AM
We're trying to get together a cosplay group for Kaori Yuki's manga series Count Cain/GodChild. Thus far we've got some of the main cast filled but the more the merrier. ^-^ I'd be thrilled to get the majority of Cain's group together along with some of the Delilah members. Characters we've got people for thus far include aka people expressing an interest in joining.

Good Guys:

Cain Hargreaves
Riff Raffit
Oscar Gabriel
Merryweather Hargreaves

Bad Guys:
Dr. Jezebel Disiraeli

That's it? How sad. *sniffs*

For those of you unfamiliar with the GodChild series, it's done by the famous Kaori Yuki and is set in Victorian England. I could try and give it the justice it but I know I wouldn't be able to. >_> I would link you all to wiki but it's choke-full of spoilers and that's no fun. If anyone has questions, don't be shy about PMing me, I'll happly ruminate on the subject. XP

Hope to see you all there. ^_^

Etsu
06-18-2006, 05:29 PM
OMG, I love GodChild! It would be awesome to cosplay as someone from it, but I don't know who I could be (since I lack the skills required to make intricate outfits). I'd love to be one of the Delilah members, but it's hard to find reference images. :(

bittereloquence
06-18-2006, 07:59 PM
OMG, I love GodChild! It would be awesome to cosplay as someone from it, but I don't know who I could be (since I lack the skills required to make intricate outfits). I'd love to be one of the Delilah members, but it's hard to find reference images. :(

Honestly, all things considered it's not that hard to do costumes from GodChild. The men typically wear a suit and the women a dress with possibly a gothic lolita spin to it.

Hrrmmn so you're interested in Delilah members, eh? *grins* Can't say I blame you all that much. I know various members of our group would go MAD for an Owl.

Female cast wise you have: Justice (Octavia) Michaela and Moon (Ida)

Males: Cardmaster, Cassian, Gladstone, Owl and I suppose you could say the Mortician.

If you give me a character, I can get you pictures. I've all of thr Godchild manga and I've also got scans of a fair chunk of it. I'd love to see more members join up. It's such a wonderful manga series and needs all the loving it can get. XP My friend and I did Cain and Riff for A-Kon and just had way too much fun at it so I'm hoping to get a more extended group put together for Onicon. ^_^

Duzell
03-25-2007, 04:27 PM
Sorry to barge in, but could you get me Cassian pictures?

iHallucinate
07-02-2008, 05:46 PM
Hey! Another Jizabel cosplayer! :'D
I'm going as Jizabel to Oni-con, I have a group of people being summed up over the next few months. So far, you can count on seeing a...

-Alexis
-Jizabel
-Cain
-Riffael
-Cassain
-Madame Octavia
-Mikalia
-Crehador
-Maryweather
-Shelia
-And one other person who isn't done deciding yet...XD

We hope to see you there! :D

CreepyUncleLee
07-21-2008, 03:36 PM
hello i'm the alexis for iHallucinate,it'll be a hard cosplay for me since i have to cut my hair then most likely wear a very tight wig,i havethick curls,so yeah. hopefully i will be good,i will try but it all depends on my weight by november,so fingers crossed

lol i see i got beat to organizing a kaori yuki photoshoot gathering,i was kinda hoping to have a tea party in the park or something,let me get back to you about it, if you'd like....
huh i just noticed how old this post is so i think i'll try to start something more current,lol.

Savvi-Sin
08-06-2009, 10:07 PM
I went as Mikaila (or Michaela, however you choose to spell it) to a Halloween event this year and no one knew who I was! I even had that spiders T^T But my hair just would NOT curl for the life of me. I also have a Jizabel (or Jezebel...again spelling varies) costume...it is fairly easy to put together. I pretty much found most of the stuff in my closet...ok probably not what you want to hear, but the costume itself was actually pretty decent...I just didn't have a wig so I guess it's incomplete. Anyway here's my costume:

-Light gray dress pants
-Ace bandages (binding if you're a girl you know what I mean)
- White dress shirt
- A light gray pinstripe vest (I got mine at a store called Forever 21)
- A dressy jacket (matching the pants)
- A plain light coloured tie
-Black dress shoes
-And of course the lab coat (No, I do not know what sort of normal 17 year old girl keeps a lab coat in their closet, but I have one, ok?)

1. Chest binding first, unless you don't need to (I'm jealous of you) it's normal to not be able to breath. The point is to eliminate curves and look more male (even though he kinda is girlish)
2. Pants next, followed by the white dress shirt (I would wear a tank top underneath it) tucked into the pants.
3. Next the vest, it shouldn't be too short, so you may have to buy one meant for guys, and I have one to match the pants so it's a shade darker.
4. Learn how to tie a tie next, and tuck it into the vest so only half of it shows.
5. Slip on the dressy jacket (it should be a similar shade of colour as the pants) and the lab coat over that and you are done! Well, don't forget shoes... Add glasses for the perfect touch and perhaps a scalpel but for goodness sake don't hurt anyone!

Keep in mind: The doctor wears light coloured cloths most of the time.
Anyway, hope that was helpful for anyone looking for a costume! Also, go to thrift stores, the clothes there are cheaper and more realistic than some of the ones that are online.

SuniMoon
01-16-2010, 04:22 AM
You know, to add to that note on cosplaying Jizabel...
Keep in mind, all color pics Yuki does of him...
His clothing always clashes. Always.
So yeah.

Light colored clothes that clash like hell will ensure you a realistic Jizabel cosplay. *rolls eyes*

Or you can take some liberties, it's not as if he wears the same thing.
Rather than trying to emulate the godawful color pics of him, I prefer to cosplay him in more neutral shades. ^_^

It just seems more natural on him... Ah well, anywho, consider this a bump to this lil' old thread.